It's More Than A Crush

By Just_listen96

When your the most popular girl in school, head cheerleader, the girl every guy want, and the one every girl... More

It's More Than A Crush
Kiss Me
Figuring Out Secret Number One
Figuring Out Secret Number Two
And The Big Secret Is Out... At least One Of Them Is.
Figuring Out The Truth
I'm A Werewolf
MY BAD!

Meeting Austin

6.1K 142 81
By Just_listen96

So heres the second chapter! Hope you guys like it, but please comment and vote and fan me(:

Also I want to thank all of you who are reading it means a lot to me, I truly love you guys for sticking with my stories (:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Payton!” Caroline screamed as she jumped back a bit. I knew she got scared not only because I snuck up on them but the fact that the conversation they were having was not meant for me to hear.

“You guys have to go on that trip, I don’t want you to slack on your jobs just because I’m here. It’s really no big deal you guys can go I’ll be fine.” I told them trying my best to sound as if I was perfectly fine which was harder than I thought it would be.

“Payton were not going to leave you, you just got here” Michael said smoothly.

“Well, if you guys don’t go, then I will. I’m eighteen I don’t have to stay here I can go out and live on my own.” I said trying my best to sound fierce to convince them I really was capable of leaving if they didn’t go, even though on the inside I knew I wouldn’t since I only had enough money to afford a day’s worth of meals  in McDonalds with me. As you can see I wasn’t a big ‘money saver’ in California.

“Payton…” Caroline said softly, I could tell she was now concerned.

“Go, I’ll be fine.” I assured them once again but this time I was trying to assure myself it to.

“Fine.” said Caroline. “But we are not going to leave tonight. We’ll leave first thing in the morning.” She added.

We pretty much ate in an awkward silence except when Caroline asked me if I like the food or if I wanted more salad or chicken. Michael was also telling me how he enrolled me into West Park high and since they were going to be gone when I got up for school tomorrow I would have to walk into the office and ask for my schedule which should be ready by then since he made a few calls. I nodded to everything they told me like how at least three times a week someone would come to clean the house and Caroline asked her to cook for me the times she did come and the lady kindly accepted. I was glad at that since the idea of me having to cook every night was starting to sound like a real drag.

After we finished eating I thanked Caroline for the food and I helped her rinse stuff and put them in the dish washer. I said good night to them both and wished them a safe trip. Even though I wasn’t tired I still brushed my teeth and changed into sweat pants and a long sleeve shirt. Since winter was right around the corner it was cold here, way colder then what I thought was cold back in California.

I laid there thinking about what was going to happen tomorrow. I haven’t even seen the whole house since Caroline thought I would like to see the rest on my own in another time. I really didn’t want to go to school tomorrow, I was honestly scared for what was going to happen, and one thing for sure is I didn’t want to be that girl I was back in California. I realized that things have a mind of their own and they were going to do the unexpected every once in a while and I had to enjoy what I had before it was too late, and being the way I was thinking I was on the top of the world because I was popular wasn’t going to let me do that. I was determined to leave that life behind. I had laid in my bed for almost two more hours till I finally felt my eyes slowly shut on their own.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of We are young by Fun from my phone. I quickly grabbed it and shut off the alarm I set. I grabbed the pillow next to me and placed it on top of my face and let out the biggest sigh. I didn’t want to go to school but I knew I had to face reality at one point and go eventually. I got off my bed and slowly began to get ready; after I took a shower did my hair and got dressed I made my way down stairs and found a note on the counter with a credit card placed on top of it. It read;

Payton,

We’ve left to Oregon already if you need anything and absolutely anything don’t hesitate to call us at either my number 555-8796 or Michael’s number 555-9845. You don’t have too cook for yourself if you don’t want to when Jessie doesn’t cook so use this credit card to order whatever you feel like. Also you can buy whatever you want, from buying things to make you feel more like home or you can go out and watch a movie or whatever you please. The card is unlimited so do not worry on a limit, go out as much as you please but please be careful and let someone know where you’re going. Since we left on short notice we realized we didn’t show you where the school is, we weren’t able to find you a ride to go but all you have to do is keep walking straight till you see a Walgreen’s in the corner it should be on burnting road, then you take a right and continue to walk straight and you’ll see West Park, it should only be a five to ten minute walk. Sorry for us having to leave but we’ll be back as soon as possible.

Love,

Caroline & Michael.

I took the credit card and looked at it; it was silver with Blue letters on the top left corner reading Chase. I laughed at how Caroline and Michael had trusted me enough to give me an unlimited card, of course I wasn’t going to take advantage of it but that was me now, the California me would of used the hell out of it.

I looked around the kitchen for something to eat, I wasn’t really hungry but I didn’t want my stomach to start rumbling in the middle of class. I saw a banana so I decided to just eat that, I peeled it and ate it slowly being in no rush to get to school.

After I finished I grabbed the note just in case I forgot where to go and I walked outside locking the door with the key that Caroline gave me last night when I said goodnight. The walk wasn’t bad it really did only take me about seven minutes to get to West Park, and let me tell you, this school was hard to miss it was pretty huge! I took a deep breath and walked in through the double doors. The office was really easy to find since it was right at the entrance and the word office hung on a sign right next to it. I walked in the office and was greeted with a warm smile by one of the ladies. Since she was the most welcoming and well the only one who saw me enter I decided to approach her.

“Hello, how can I help you” she asked with a smile.

“Well, today’s my first day and I was told to come here to get my schedule” I smiled back at her.

“Oh you must be Payton!” she said excitedly.

“Yeah” I replied awkwardly.

“Let me go get it, I’ll be right back.” She said before leaving. I gave her a nod and looked around. I saw a glass cabinet filled with different sized trophies and plaques. Typical high school I said to myself then went back to looking around. The office was pretty big and it was painted with soft colors.

“Here it is” I heard the lady I was just talking to say. I turned back around to see her handing me a sheet of white paper. I took it from her.

“Thanks” I told her.

“Have a good first day!” she said sounding excited. I turned around and walked right out, looking at my schedule I noticed I had English first. I walked around looking at the hallway number and the class room number. As I was looking around I was able to identify each type of group easily, there where the environmentalist, the over achievers also known as nerds but I didn’t want to call them that since I realized it sounded really harsh, then there were the drugies, the skaters, the goths, and last but not least the popular’s. It was so easy to spot them out since they had that I’m a fucking gorgeous look and they eyed others judging them quickly by what they wore and how they looked, and not to forget most of the guys were wearing there varsity jackets which was a dead giveaway.

I shook my head and walked right past them. I could feel them stare at me making me feel like they were burning holes all over my body. I kept walking not focusing on them but I couldn’t help but notice they had pushed one of them toward me. Catching his balance he made his way toward me.

“Hey” he said simply. I turned to face him but I was looking down observing him from his feet up. He was wearing black low top converse with jeans folded on the bottom he had on a white shirt with his varsity jacket. I finally looked up at his face and I saw his grin turn into a shocked expression, his pupils expanded and it looked like he wasn’t even breathing; a small tingle ran through my spine guess because of how weird he was acting. He had blue green eyes with light tan skin, he had brown hair that was spiked up a bit, but yet it looked so soft that I could of probably ran my fingers through it without a problem, he was tall and muscular but yet his eyes made him look soft. We stood there frozen; I finally got out of my daze and kept walking I heard a fast rhythm of steps follow me and someone grabbed my arm forcing me to turn around making that same shock run through me but this time it was much stronger. This schools fucking creepy I thought.

“Sorry about that.” the same guy said. “I don’t know what got into me” he added with a small smile forming on his lips.

I rolled my eyes and pulled my arm out of his grip. I continued walking and he followed, “So, um are you new here, I’ve never seen you around.” He said trying to start a conversation with me but I wasn’t about to talk to him since he was one of them. I took in a deep breath and kept walking looking for my English class, after a minute without me responding he stopped walking probably expecting me to do the same but I didn’t, I just kept going.

I finally found my English class but the bell had already rung. I took in a deep breath and opened the door; as soon as I walked in I saw all pair of eyes snap towards me watching me like a vulture. I turned to look at the male teacher who was now in front of me.

“You must be Payton” he grinned. Did everyone in this damn school know who I was! I thought to myself. I nodded my head at him and he turned to the class who was looking at us as if we were the most interesting thing in the world.

“Class, this is Payton. This is her first day here and she comes all the way from California. I expect you to make her feel welcomed here.” He told them seriously. I wondered if he had known about my parent’s death. I figured everyone knew who I was due to Michaels call; he told me last night that he was good friends with the principal of this school. Great I thought.

He turned his attention back to me telling me to sit next to Austin. Was he kidding me! He obviously knew it was my first day and yet he expected me to know who he was. “Who?” I asked him.

He shook his head and let out a chuckle probably realizing his stupid mistake. “My mistake, I forgot you didn’t know anyone.” He said. He turned his focus to the class and said, “Austin raise your hand so Payton here can know who you are.” A boy raised his hand and I noticed it was the same boy from earlier. Out of all the people in this school he would be in my English class and he would be the person I have to sit next to. I walked towards him taking my seat without once looking at him.

“So she speaks.” He said in a whisper. I shook my head at the fact that he was really trying to start a conversation with me after I had completely ignore him about twenty minutes ago. I could see him grin through the corner of my eye. “I’m Austin.” He said.

I figured he wasn’t going to stop and I was getting annoyed by him he was cute, but annoying, typical popular. “So I’ve heard.” I told him still not looking at him.

I could see his grin widen probably now satisfied that I replied to him. “You know custom is that when a person tells you there name you say yours in return.” He continued grinning.

I had enough and I turned to look at him “There’s no need to when I know you clearly just heard the teacher say my name not once but twice. So do yourself a favor and stop trying to start a conversation with me because you look like a fool.” I glared at him.

He laughed quietly and smiled at me. My plan had been to tell him what needed to be told and too turn back around and focus on my work but I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. “I don’t think I can stop.” He said smoothly.

“And why is that?” I asked him putting in attitude.

“I don’t think you would understand” he said. I didn’t know if he actually meant that or if he was just trying to sound mysterious so I would think about him later on or maybe he was just trying to tease me knowing I was a bit annoyed with him.

“Try me.” I told him turning my body to be able to look at him better.

“Well.” He took a pause. “Let’s just say, you caught my eye.” He winked at me.

I laughed sarcastically “Trust me, I’m not you’re type, nor are you mine.” I said turning my body back to face the front of the classroom.

“Oh really.” He said. “I think I am. I mean let me guess you were cheer captain at your old school and you were known by everybody. You were probably the most popular girl.” He stated.

I froze. He was able to read my past so easily, something I was hoping no one would be able to do. I turned to look at him “I’m not that type of girl, why would I want to hang out with a couple of dip shits like you.” I said fiercely glaring at him. I turned back around and tried to focus on what the teacher was saying, but I couldn’t. The bell finally rang and I put the notebook I had taken out back into my bag and walk toward the door. I felt someone’s hand grip on my arm sending the same tingles down my back as I had earlier. When I was turned around to face him I had guessed it was Austin and I was correct, his whole facial expression looked soft.

“I’m sorry.” He said. “I didn’t mean to tick you off like that; I didn’t know that comment would upset you.” He added. His voice sounded sincere and his face looked as if it was in pain I knew he really meant his apology.

I looked up into his eyes and I felt the tingles in my spine get stronger and my knees weaken, what was going on with me I thought. “You’re fine.” I told him softly. I forced myself to look away from him and I got out of his grip.

“What class do you have next?” He asked shyly. He probably felt uncomfortable talking to me a bit after what he did. Sadly he wasn’t uncomfortable enough since he kept trying to talk to me.

“None of your damn business” I said coldly.

He grabbed my schedule from my back pocket, unfolded it and looked at my classes, the classes that I had no clue on what they were since I only read what my first hour was.  A slow smile crept on his face “I see you have cal.” He paused for a second and eyed me. “Lucky for you I do to, I’ll walk with you.”

“I’m perfectly capable of finding it on my own.” I told him.

“And I’m capable of showing a new student where her class is, so just drop it I’m walking you.” His tone of voice changed to more of an aggravated one and I decided to drop it since I didn’t want to get lost again.

“So, what’s a guy like you doing in Ap English.” I asked him.

“A guy like me?” he asked looking puzzled.

“You know popular jock.” I said.

“I’m barely passing that class with a D.” he said looking ahead smiling at some people who said hi to him.

“You’re a damn liar. I saw the grade you got on the test you got back in class.” I looked up at him as I said this to only see him gulp down and his jaw tighten.

He looked down and me, “Creeping me already Payton?” he asked.

“Trust me, If I were to creep on anyone it wouldn’t be an ignorant popular guy like you. It was hard to not to see that big fat A on your test paper, it’s pretty hard to get grades like that in a class like that. What are you a vampire? You don’t sleep so you stay up all night with nothing to do so you study?” I said sarcastically.

I could see a smirk form on his lips, “Don’t be silly, Abraham Lincoln killed them all.” He winked at me and I could tell he was obviously trying to change the subject. I could tell he felt uncomfortable but he was trying his best to not show it.

I loudly let air come out of my body through my nose “Real funny.” I said before we entered the classroom. I walked over to the teacher and Austin followed me, she had a plaque on her desk that read Ms. Monroe.

“Hi, I’m new here.” I told her.

She looked at me and smiled. “Sit anywhere you’d like” I looked around the room and I saw Austin go sit down. I walked past him to see a black haired girl with a beanie on, she was pretty and looked Hispanic. “Does anyone sit here?” I asked her. She shook her head slowly and I sat down. Austin looked back at me and gave me a what the hell look, I’m guess he thought I was going to sit by him but the further away I was from him the better.

The class went by quickly, Ms. Monroe didn’t introduce me to the class which I was thankful for but the only down side to that was that everyone would stare at me from time to time, it was uncomfortable but I just focused on the equations and blocked them out. The bell rang and everyone got out of their seats and left the classroom quickly, I reached for my schedule to see I had Ap Anatomy next, fun I thought to myself. As I walked out of the door I was suddenly blocked from going any further from someone blocking me. I looked up to only see it was Austin, why doesn’t he just leave me alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... How was is? Comment and let me know and please vote ^.^ and fan me :D

So, I've been thinking... I want to interact with my readers more, I want to get to know you amazing people lol. So I'm going to start asking questions at the end of each chapter and you guys just reply in a comment, sounds good? ok (:

1. What's your favorite color?

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live? (Don't put your street adress! lol. A simple state or city is enough (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.9K 1.8K 14
What would you do if you moved away from your home , your everything . You hated everything about it , you had no one to help you out or be your frie...
1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
880 134 47
Grace is just a normal girl, she goes to school, she isn't popular, but she has friends. She has a nice personality but she can be insecure about her...
1M 23.7K 40
[Highest ranking #92] "I can't loose anyone else princess. Promise me that you won't leave me" he said grabbing my face making me stay looking into h...