Panem's Secret - The Hunger G...

By fangirling_thg

The first book in the 'Panem's Secret' Triology. It's the reaping of the 74th Annual Hunger Games and Prim ge... More

Chapter 1: Getting Ready
Chapter 2: The Reaping
Chapter 3: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 4: The Train
Chapter 5: The Capitol
Chapter 6: The Chariots
Chapter 7: Training
Chapter 8: Assessments
Chapter 9: Training Scores
Chapter 10: Preparing
Chapter 11: The Interviews
Chapter 12: Let The Games Begin
Chapter 13: The Bloodbath
Chapter 15: Water
Chapter 16: Trouble In Paradise
Chapter 17: A Familiar Face
Chapter 18: Getting To Know Peeta
Chapter 19: Cholera
Chapter 20: Finding A Cure
Chapter 21: Peeta The Killer
Chapter 22: Running Away
Chapter 23: Goodbye
Chapter 24: The Twist

Chapter 14: Another Tribute

179 10 0
By fangirling_thg

I wake up unharmed. I'm surprised nothing has happened to me in the night. Someone hasn't killed me, I haven't frozen to death, I haven't fallen out of this tree. Maybe I'm just lucky.

It's still not light yet, but it can't be too long until dawn. Just then, the anthem booms, a light appears in the sky and starts showing the faces of the dead tributes. What? When the anthem plays, it's midnght. It's only midnight?

I start climbing down the tree. If I'm awake, I should try and find water or food when all the other tributes are asleep. I'm halfway down the tree when I hear a noise.

*Crunch*

It's a small noise, but I can still hear it.

I'm halfway down the tree, so I can still make it up. The black figure creeps out into the open space in front of me and just stands there. I can't move. I hug the tree as tight as possible, so I can't be seen. The figure turns their head and the moonlight reflects their face.

Rue.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 469 16
Aderyn Everdeen is Katniss' older sister - she took part in the 72nd Hunger Games, and she came out victorious. When Katniss is picked for the Quell...
750 35 22
After almost of decade of The Capital's torture, Winona Littlerock has smothered all the sparks of spirit that once lived inside her. Each year, she...
10.8K 266 22
↳ ❝ π„π•π„π‘π˜ πŒπŽππ’π“π„π‘ 𝐇𝐀𝐒 πˆπ“'𝐒 ππˆπ†π‡π“πŒπ€π‘π„π’ ... 𝐀𝐍𝐃 π˜πŽπ” πŒπˆπ†π‡π“ 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐄 π‡πˆπ’. ❞ The caverns of her dark soul w...
19.5K 379 50
Amaryllis Greenshire is a girl from District 10. She lives a normal life just like everyone else in her district. To her the Hunger Games was just a...