It's More Than A Crush

By Just_listen96

When your the most popular girl in school, head cheerleader, the girl every guy want, and the one every girl... More

Meeting Austin
Kiss Me
Figuring Out Secret Number One
Figuring Out Secret Number Two
And The Big Secret Is Out... At least One Of Them Is.
Figuring Out The Truth
I'm A Werewolf
MY BAD!

It's More Than A Crush

28.4K 211 62
By Just_listen96

Hallaaah!

Alright so this is my new story It's More Than A Crush. I had this idea for a while now and I decided to write it (: Any way comment and let me know what you think and if I messed up on somethings please tell me I'm still a new writer and I still make lot's of mistakes lol. So yeah comment, vote, and fan ;D

Peace Homies :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

”It’s impossible” said pride. “It’s risky” said experience. “It’s pointless” said reason. “Give it a try” whispered the heart.

Those words, those same nineteen words replayed in my mind like a broken record. I couldn’t stop hearing his voice repeating them over and over again throughout the entire funeral. I stood there surrounded by people I didn’t even know, the only person I knew was my sister Caroline, her husband who I’ve only seen a handful of times, and my parents best friend, that’s it.

I was surrounded by unfamiliar crying faces, and I asked myself why I wasn’t crying? That’s the proper thing to do in funerals, you cry and you grief, but yet not a single tear was let out of my eyes, all I felt was hate, hate boiling up in my entire body.

This wasn’t any funeral this was their funeral, my own parent’s funeral.  They got into a car accident a week ago, it was raining and they were on their back home from dinner, it was their twenty-fifth anniversary and they were going out to eat alone together and on their way back home they got hit by two drunk teens. They weren’t any random teens they were two teens from Willbrokes high, my high school. To top it all off I knew them, I knew exactly who they were. They were the typical popular high school kid; they were part of the football team, acted like complete jerks, made fun of others, and judged quickly as if they didn’t have any faults.

The fact that I knew they didn’t have a care for anyone else in the world other than themselves made my blood boil. Did they care that they killed two innocent people, did they care that they’re life’s were taken in a matter of seconds, did they care that they left their family member and friends in pain. Did they? I hope they rot in jail, gives them right for trying to act so tough and cool.

 I felt guilt and shame roam my body as if it was poison flowing through my veins killing me, I was once part of their group, not anymore. The police said the hit from the car instantly killed my parents, but the real fucked up part is, the two teens barely had a scratch on them. I knew my parents where gone so I can’t say I’m not crying because it hadn’t hit me yet, because it did when I saw my sister Caroline and her husband the night it happened taking the first plane over to California.

It was eleven at night and I got a call from my parent’s best friend Eddy, Eddy had suggested he and I swap numbers in case I needed anything or there was an emergency. In the eight years I had Eddy’s number I had never, ever called him or received a call from him, that’s why the night the accident happened I was surprised to see him number show up on my called I’D. I picked up hesitantly and he told me to hurry over to the hospital that there had been an accident, I did as I was told and ran into to hospital only to find Eddy look up at me with teary eyes, he had told me what happened and gave me a hug as if this was going to make it all better. I stood there with his arms wrapped around me awkwardly.

One of the nurses brought me to where my parent’s where and left me alone with them. I stood there, just looking at their lifeless bodies, remembering how just a couple of hours ago they kissed me goodbye telling me they would be back soon. I thought about the entire day how I woke up to the smell of my mom making a huge breakfast like she usually did on Sundays when she gives our maid the day off. I remember coming down stairs looking at my dad read his newspaper and my mom cooking.

I went and gave my mom a kiss and then to my dad, I told them both happy anniversary while sitting down at my usual sport. Like always my dad put down the paper and smiled at me I didn’t even look up at him to notice and beat him to the punch by saying that stupid nineteen word phrase.

”It’s impossible” said pride. “It’s risky” said experience. “It’s pointless” said reason. “Give it a try” whispered the heart. I told him finally looking up at him. The way he smiled is something I’ll never forget. His whole facial expression had softened. It was a smile I had never seen on him, but it was sincere, he even looked, proud.

It was his favorite quote; there wasn’t a single day he wouldn’t tell me this, usually it was one of the first things he would tell me. Even away on business trips he would either call me in the morning or text me it. I never really understood why he would tell me this constantly. I remember him telling me that his mom had told him this all the time, maybe he felt close to her when he would say it since she passed when he was twelve.

I looked down at my parents and shook my head, hate instantly filled my body. I couldn’t believe it; two teens killed my parents, two fucking teens who were trying to impress everyone! How could they be so stupid did they not think about what could happen by drinking and driving! Did they not think about getting into an accident and killing innocent people! I clenched my fists tightly and looked down at both my parents, “I will never forget who did this to you guys! I will despise them and anyone else like them! I hate all of them for doing this to you guys! I promise you that. I will never, ever forget the type of people who did this to you! I’m so sorry I was one of them.” I grabbed both of their lifeless hands that still felt a bit warm. I will never, ever be the same.

When I got back from the hospital I sat on my couch processing everything that had happened. When I was walking out of the room my parents where in a nurse came up to me with a small bag and told me it was what my parents had on them. I opened the bad when she left and looked through it. It was then when I saw it, there wedding rings. I pulled both of them out analyzing every single little feature they had. I’m not sure how long I sat there and I came back to reality when the front door opened. I snapped my head quickly to see who it was thinking it was my parents, hoping that just maybe this was all just a dream and I had imagined all this. I quickly realized it was real since instead of my parents walking in through the door, it was my sister Caroline and her husband.

Caroline was twenty eight years old she moved out to New York for school when she was eighteen where she meet her husband. I only saw Caroline in holidays and sometimes they would come out to visit us out of nowhere but that was rare. I hadn’t even thought about Caroline or calling her telling her what had happened, but by the way she pulled me into an awkward hug I could tell that she was already informed of all that was going on and this was not one of her surprise visits.

The gray clouds above us finally opened up and let out the rain everyone in California was begging for since it hadn’t rained in four weeks. It poured down over our heads as we were staying our final goodbyes to them dropping white roses over the coffins as they were being lowered into the ground. White roses where my mother’s favorite type of flower, she use to tell me a story about them when I was little, it had been my favorite story. All I can remember now is if you received a white rose it meant trouble is soon to be gone, it brought peace.

After the funeral I got in the back of Caroline’s car with my things in the trunk. Even though I was already eighteen in my parents will it clearly stated that if they left this world before I got my associates or before I turned twenty two I was to stay with my sister till I had at least received it or else I was not going to get the money they had stored for me. I could finally move out when I received it but I was still not eligible to receive my inheritance till I got my bachelors.

I really didn’t care for the money at all, I knew my parents dream was for me to go to college and get myself a decent carrier so I could live a comfortable life and help support my family if I ever had kids. My parents didn’t want me depending on nobody other than themselves, they always told me they didn’t want me depending on my future husband because if things weren’t to work out and we split I wouldn’t have to worry about money since I had a profession. I always planned on going to school and making them happy, but now since this was their final wish I knew there was no backing out.

As Caroline’s husband, Michael started the car I received a text. I opened it to see it had been Jason. Jason was my boyfriend, well my Ex since I broke up with him two days after the accident. He was one of them, not one of the teens that took my parents life away but one of the populars. Our entire relationship had been for popularity and not because we had feeling for each other. It was the way all high schools were, his type mixed with mine. I was so stupid for being like one of them, I can’t bear to think of how selfish and ignorant I had once been. Was this my punishment? Was this my punishment for not caring?

I shook my head and tried my best to take those thoughts out of my head, I was different now, I learned my lesson and that’s what’s important. I opened the text to see that he wanted to see me before I left to New York. I let out a humorless laugh in my head, did he really think I wanted to see him. Was I not clear when I broke up with him that I didn’t want anything to do with his type of people, I hated them, I hated them all since they didn’t once think about consequences, they thought they were invinsible.

It’s sad to say I was the typical California girl in all the movies. I was popular and well known throughout the entire school, everybody knew me or either knew of me. I was the cheer leader’s captain in Willbrokes High, and I was dating the captain of the football team. My best friend was co-captain, and we had a group consisting of some other girls and together we walked the halls of Willbrokes as If we owned it.

People either hated us because they wanted to be us so badly or they either loved us because we were what they could never be. My back yard was the beach, my parents had money, and I was the one all the guys wanted. I thought I had the perfect life, till now. Now I think about how I was that girl just a week ago and I can’t bare it. I would trade all the things I had just to hear my parent’s voice one more time, and the fact that I knew that was impossible, killed me.

I sat in my seat on the airplane and put my headphones in my ear. I thought about how fast everything was going. One day I’m just a regular girl in her senior year of high school living what I thought was the prefect life then the next I’m going to live with my sister in New York because my parents passed away. I took in a deep breath and reached in to my bag pulling out the bag where my parent’s rings were; I took them out and studied them for the billionth time.

After a little I set them down and placed my hands behind my neck unlocking the chain I had on, I put both rings around the chain and put the necklace back on. I felt comfortable knowing that this was the closest thing I could possible get to having them.

I woke up to having Michael shake me lightly telling me we had landed. I blinked a few times trying to gather up everything that just happened. I didn’t even realized I had fallen asleep.

“You okay?” Michael asked me with a concerned tone. I laughed a humorlessly in my mind telling myself, what does he think? Of course I’m not “okay” my parents just died and I’m moving to New York!

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I lied. I got off my seat and took out the headphones from my ear, my IPod had died while I was asleep I assumed since music was no longer playing. I went to get my bags that I had in the cabinet above me only to see Michael already had them and was now walking towards the exit of the plane.

I reached up to my neck and felt around for my parents ring checking if they were still there, hoping my necklace hadn’t fallen off while I was asleep. When I felt the rings a wave of sudden relief hit me, I was nervous that it had since I couldn’t feel it around my neck, I’m guessing because I got use to how it feel on me.

It took about two hours till we finally made it to my sister’s house. It took us a bit to find our entire luggage and the traffic to get out of the airport was crazy, guess that’s New York for you. The car ride to their house was silent except for them pointing out buildings and telling me a bit about it while we were waiting for cars to move so we could go. I wasn’t really listening but I stared out of the window as if I was capturing everything in, I would reply with a simple ‘oh’ or ‘nice’ trying my best to sound interested in what they were saying.

When they pulled into their drive way I was in complete show, it was huge. I had never seen their house being that we’ve never came to visit Caroline since she and Michael are always working which requires them to often be out of the state and sometimes even out of the country for either long or short periods of time. I mean I was use to big houses since my side of Cali was the wealthy side and well I’ve lived in a huge house all my life, but never had I imagined Caroline’s house was this big.

“Welcome.” said Caroline as she got out of the car; I shook my head slowly not in disappointment but still in shock. I opened the door on my side of the car and got out to see Michael taking out all the bags.

I reached for some of my bags and told him, “I got it.” I didn’t want to bother Michael or Caroline much; I was planning on making it feel as if I wasn’t there. I mean like I said I’ve only seen Michael a handful of times and having him take me in without a bother was a big deal and I didn’t want to push his buttons.

“It’s alright, I got it. I’ll just come back for the rest.” He smiled at me. I didn’t want him to pity me; I hated the fact that people kept doing that since news leaked on what happened to my parents. I didn’t feel comfortable having people feel bad for me; I wasn’t that type of person.

“I can just carry my bags, it’s no big deal.” I told him with no emotion while I reached out and grabbed my bags.

“Follow me.” Caroline finally spoke.

All three of us went inside and Michael set all the bags down by the door only to take mine without warning. “I’m going to put them in your room that way you don’t have to carry it around as we show you around.” He said calmly and then he left up the stairs.

Caroline took me around the house showing me the basics like the kitchen, some bathrooms, the main living room, and lastly my room. I entered my room to see the walls were painted a light shade of green and had what looked like to be a king size bed. The furniture was simple but still looked like it was expensive, it had two night stands one on each side of the bed and two lamps on each, the room also had a dresser, and a desk with a chair, I had my own bathroom which made me relieved since I didn’t want Michael to see all my things especially the really awkward ones that you usually don’t talk about to guys, much less let them see it.

The room was simple, contradicting my room back in California that had a bright hot pink plastered on the walls with zebra printed bed sheets and decorations filled the entire room. But yet this room was beyond enough for me and I liked it. “Thank you guys” I told both of them since Michael joined Caroline on showing me around after he put my bags here.

“It’s not much but this is all we had on such short notice, but you can get whatever you want to make it fit to your comfort.” Caroline said giving me a weak smile. This was the first smile she has given me since the accident, even if it was a weak one it made me feel better. 

“Its fine the way it is.” I reassured her with a small smile of my own. I knew Caroline was hurting inside and just as overwhelmed as I was over this whole situation but being the big sister she is she kept her cool in front of me and tried her best to seem like she was fine even though it was quite obvious she wasn’t.

“We’ll were going to leave you to unpack and get settled in, dinners in two hours.” Michael said with a warmer smile then Caroline.

“Okay, and Thank you guys again.” I told them shyly.

“Payton, you’re my sister, you being here really isn’t a problem, there is no need to thank us.” She put her hand on my shoulder while saying this and she gave me another weak smile. She reminded me of Dad when she did this. He would always put his hand on your shoulder when he was trying to make someone understand something really delicate and fragile. I smiled at her and with that her and Michael left the room.

I let out a sigh and looked around the room once again. I tried to wrap the idea around my mind that I was going to live here for the next two to three years. I picked up my bags and laid them on my bed, for the next two hours I unpacked all my clothes and my laptop. Then there was a knock on my door causing me to jump a bit since I had been zoned out.

“Come in.” I said feeling out of my place since I figured it was either Michael or Caroline and this was there house. Then Michael popped in his head through as he opened the door slowly.

“Food’s ready in five” he said smiling.

“Thanks, for everything.” I told him.

“It’s okay Payton you don’t have to feel bad for coming to live with us, as Caroline said we really don’t mind.” He said in a sincere voice.

“Still, thank you for all you guys are doing.” I gave him a weak smile.

“No problem kiddo” he said before leaving my room.

Michael looked like a nice carrying guy by the way he’s been acting with Caroline and me. You could tell he was being soft and conscious of what he said to Caroline and me when we did speak to each other which were really rare occasions since I really wasn’t in the mood to talk to anybody and I really didn’t feel so comfortable around him.

I went down the stairs and heard Caroline and Michael talking, I slowed down my pace when I heard Caroline mention me.

“Michael she just came here I can’t go on that trip I need to stay here and help her with whatever she needs.” I heard Caroline tell Michael.

“I know I’m not telling you to come I just wanted to tell you that I’m cancelling it so you don’t have to worry about it.” He said softly.

“That’s a big contract and if you cancel it were going to lose it, you know that.” she said adding a small sigh at the end.

“Caroline I’m not going to go all the way to Oregon without you after what just happened, I know you’re going to need me, and I want to be here to comfort you.” He told her. Which was pretty cute if I may say.

“But” was all Caroline managed to say before Michael cut her off.

“No But’s Caroline. And besides they want the both of us not only me, so even if I do go without you they’re still most likely going to cancel our contract.” He told her calmly. It was really kind that he wasn’t freaking out on her about this. I mean I don’t really know much business but when someone say’s there going to lose a big contract It’s safe for to assume that’s a big deal.

I walked into the kitchen where they were having there “secretive” conversation and I simply told them both “Go.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So.... What did you think?!?!?!?!? Be honest! Comment below and tell me :D Also please vote and fan (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

880 134 47
Grace is just a normal girl, she goes to school, she isn't popular, but she has friends. She has a nice personality but she can be insecure about her...
96.9K 1.8K 14
What would you do if you moved away from your home , your everything . You hated everything about it , you had no one to help you out or be your frie...
3K 57 17
16-year-old Seraphina Vesper was completely content with her life. Being ahead in her grade she is perfectly college-bound and her unknown secret onl...
54K 882 26
I don't know about you, but if I had one chance to find true love I would go for it. Maria has always wanted to find her mate, but you can...