Simply, I still love you. [Se...

giveasmilex द्वारा

Lucille and Ethan started from a hot, lustful deal turned to passionate love, but things have changed since h... अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 12

20.8K 882 199
giveasmilex द्वारा

Lucille's POV

I avoided Ethan for the past two weeks. I made sure we never crossed paths. He was still the model and ambassador for Sports Famous magazine so it was hard, but I made sure it happened. If I saw him in the hallway, I turned the other corner. If I saw him in the room, I walked out. If we ever made eye contact, I made sure to look away as fast as possible. I promised myself to be done with him, and I was going to keep that promise to myself. Seeing Bianca with him was the breaking point for me, and from there, I knew there was no way what I saw a year ago could be wrong. He and Bianca slept together that night. He cheated on me. It hurt me to say and think about, but it was true. He would continue to ruin my life and I would continue to hurt myself with him in my life. This was better because if not this route, I would lose Axel. I would lose everything from this past year. I couldn't let him do that to me. 

Tonight was the release party of the new magazine for Sports Famous. The magazine company hosts one every few times for the release of a new magazine cover and model. I know Ethan is going to be there, but I wasn't worried. Tonight, I made sure I was going to enjoy myself with Axel. I would not let him create problems for me again. 

Ethan's POV

"Are you ready, Ethan?" Cecilia asked as she walks up behind me and stares at me from the mirror. I'm standing in front of the bathroom sink and looking at the mirror while I fix my tie. 

"Yea, I just need to fix my tie."

"Here, let me help you," she says as she reaches for my tie. She takes it from me and begins to fix it. I turn towards her so she gets a better angle to fix the tie. 

"So, Lucille and Axel are going to be there tonight too, right?"

Her question surprises me, but I don't express it. 

"I don't know. Maybe," I say, pretending to not know, but I knew they would be. Lucille, at least would be there, which was all that mattered. This event was her event anyways. She's been the one planning it, so it would make sense that she would be there. I had the option to not attend, but I knew I had to be there. One because I was the model for their cover. Two because I knew how hard Lucille worked, and I wanted to be there to witness it despite her trying to avoid me. 

I haven't talked to Lucille in two weeks. She avoided me in the halls and in every room. Normally, I would run after her, but I didn't. I let her avoid me. I thought it would be best that I keep my personal matters away from my work matters. At least for these next two weeks. I knew she was working hard for this magazine, so I didn't want to ruin it for her. She didn't want anything to do with me, but I still wanted to do everything to make her happy. 

"Well... they are. I talked to Axel," Cecilia responded. 

I looked at her and pulled the tie back to fix. I faced the mirror again. 

"Really?" I said, nonchalantly.

"Ethan..."

"Hmm?"

"Look at me."

I look at her quickly before I go back to fix my tie.

"Axel told me about what happened two weeks ago."

I pause for a split second and start fixing my tie again.

"And what happened?"

"You went to Lucille's apartment and the two of you almost got into a fight?" she questioned. 

I don't respond. 

"What was that about?" she continues to question. 

"It was nothing. I just had to talk to her about some work-related things."

"It must something. He told me to tell you to stay away from Lucille. Why would he say that?" she asks with furrowed brows. 

"Like I said, it's nothing," I said, looking at her.  

I give her a reassuring smile. She doesn't seem to be smiling. I turn away from her to continue fixing my tie. 

"Apparently Lucille's mother and her got into a fight. It seemed so serious that she had to fly back to California."

My hands stop moving for a split second.

 Is that why she cried to me that day?  

I get out of my own thoughts and return to Cecilia. 

"Is that so?" I say, going back to fix my tie. 

"Ethan, is there something between the two of you? Won't you tell me what happened?" Cecilia asks with plead as she grabs my forearm.

I ignore the question, tighten the tie, and head to grab my jacket. 

"Let's go."

"Ethan..." she calls out. 

I keep walking to the door. I couldn't let her know too much. 

Lucille's POV

The release party event was held at a ballroom. There was a beautiful chandelier hung up at the ceiling. There was a buffet style table set on the side of the room with appetizers and drinks. There were so many circle-shaped tables set around the room with candle lights and pebbles in glass jars set around the tables. The room felt so amazing, and I would have never imagined that I would get to be a part of something like this. I stared in awe. 

"Congrats," Axel said as he smiles at me. 

I smile back.

"Thank you."

He wraps his arm around my waist and I lean into his chest. 

"Lucille!" 

I turn around and am met with Mike walking towards me. 

"You look amazing!"

"Thank you, as do you, Mike."

"Well, let's get to business, shall we?"

I nod.

"Okay, Ethan Collins will be showing up very soon. The press will be all over him. I'm going to go make sure he looks good, and you will be making sure everything is set and well. Got it?"

"Got it," I respond.

He gives me a warm smile before he walks off.

I felt Axel's stare at me. I look at him.

"Ethan?"

"It's just work."

"Promise me you won't get near him today. Something's off about him, and I don't like it."

I hesitate. It was a promise I kept to myself to so I knew it would be easy to keep... as long as he didn't come near me. 

"Ok, I promise," I say. 

The evening went great. I didn't see Ethan much except from a distance. He looked good with Cecilia. The press were all over him, and it was great promotion for our magazine, as it should be. There was a feeling of relief about the event that made me feel proud. It felt like despite everything that I felt with Ethan, my dreams were beginning to get clearer and I loved it. I could feel my happiness growing. Halfway through the event, I went to go use the bathroom. I noticed a balcony that gave a nice, clear view of the city. It was so beautiful. I let out a deep breathe that I didn't know I was holding. 

"You did great," I hear a deep voice say. It startled me and I jumped a little. I turned and was met with Ethan standing closely next to me. I took a quick glance at him, and slowly tried to walk away. 

"Hey, I'm sorry..." I heard him say which made me pause. 

"For what?" I say, calmly with my back still facing towards him. 

"Heard you and your mother got into a fight, and she flew back to Cali?" he said, like he was unsure and didn't want to say the wrong thing. 

"Who told you that?" I kept my back to him. 

"It doesn't matter."

There's a short silence. I play with the diamond bracelet on my wrist that Axel bought me. 

"That's what you came to tell me the other day, wasn't it? The reason you cried?"

I felt his body close behind me. 

"No it wasn't..."

"Lucille."

"Ethan, let's stop this." I quickly turn around to face him.  

"Please, really. I am tired. I am so tired," I say. 

Ethan took a deep breath.

"Well, I am too, Lucille!" Ethan rose his voice at me.

Taken by surprise, I stepped back.

"I'm tired of chasing you when you don't even want to look back to see that I am still here. Maybe, you're right. I've been trying for nothing. Maybe we're really just a high school memory, and I need to let go. So just like you, I am tired. I want to walk away. I should walk away, so before I really turn my back, tell me you still want me chasing. Tell me you're going to look back soon and run with me. Just tell me those few words, and I will be willing to keep chasing."

From the corners of my eyes, I see Bianca in her gold, shiny dress which shocked me. Unbelievable. I wasn't sure why she was here. My mind turned to the only reason she would be here. Ethan invited her. Every time I see her, it is like everything I saw that night just becomes more real. Without realizing, I was staring at her. I turn back to Ethan and he's staring at her too, with a frustrated look.

"Bianca?"

He turns to look at me, but I turn my eyes to the floor.

"Is she the reason you're mad at me? Is she the reason you won't even talk to me?"

I stay silent.

"She is, isn't she?" he says like he's got it all figure out. 

I stare blankly at him. I didn't want to admit the truth.

"Stay here," he said. He is about to walk to Bianca, but I pull his arm back. 

"What are you doing?"

"Finding the truth."

"You're gonna cause a scene!" I softly shout. 

"If that will help us end this stupid fight, then so be it." 

He begins to walk again, but I pull his arm even more.

"Please, Ethan. Don't," I plead with my eyes.

He looks back at me. He pulls my hand off his arm and hold both my hands with his.

"Then, tell me the reason you had to leave, Lucille."

"I can't."

"And why can't you?" he asks in frustration, raising his voice. 

I shake my head.

"Tell me the reason right now!"

"Stop," I said. I became afraid.

"No, I won't until you tell me the fucking reason you left me in this fucking misery!" Ethan shouts now.

Suddenly, I raise my hand and slap him across the face. I regretted the slap the moment my hand reached his face. A sharp pain hit my chest knowing that I hurt him.

"I told you to stop it," I cried. 

His face is slightly turned from the slap. I could see Bianca staring across the room towards us  but I also saw a smirk forming from her lips. By this time, I could see the eyes of more people nearby staring at us.

I look back at Ethan with plead and sorry. He turns back to me. 

"Fine, don't tell me. I don't know what you saw, but I'm going to prove you wrong. I will find the truth. You just wait and don't go anywhere, but when I do, I promise you, Lucille. We can end this so we both do not have to waste our energy." 

I won't go anywhere, I wanted to say. I'll stay right here and wait if you can prove me wrong. Please prove me wrong. I want to be wrong, but no words came out. My stubborn-ass could not say anything. All this time I told myself I would avoid him and forget about him, but it was easier to say than to do. I just watched him walk away. My eyes met with Bianca's again. She smirked again before she walked away with her champagne glass in her hand. 

Embarrassed, I turned around and leaned my head against the railing. I buried my head in my hand.

From a distance, I could hear the workers telling us that the closing ceremony was about to happen that we should all head to our seats. I quickly patted my face to make sure my makeup was still ok, and I wiped under my eyes of any tears. As soon as I turn around, I am met with Ethan again. He just keeps appearing out of nowhere.

"You need to stop popping out of nowhere."

"Slap me again."

His words surprise me, making me take a step back. 

"What?"

"I said, slap me again."

I scoff to the side. 

"Are you f*cking me?"

"I might as well be, right?" he said. 

"What's wrong with you?"

"You did it earlier, why not now?"

I hesitate, but he grabs my hand and brings it to his face. I struggle to break it from his hold until he lets go of my hand, but my right hand stays leveled with his face.

"Slap me."

I stay still. He gets more furious. 

"Slap me, dammit! Why won't you fucking hit me?" he says as he breaks down. Tears are rolling down his face now.  

I stare at him. He stares back at me intensely. I could have slapped him. I wanted to avoid him, and if I continue to hurt him like this, he would grow to hate me which means he could leave me. But... why couldn't I do it though? Instead, I move closer to him and bring my hands to his face. I cup my right hand to his left cheek with my left hand around his right cheek. 

"Now, why would I do that, you stupid guy?"

He seems taken aback by my gesture, but he brings his hands to wrap around my hands. 

"Stop telling me to slap you, you dumbo. Hitting you once was already enough to make me feel bad," I say. 

He opens his eyes and brings my hands down to hold. 

"I thought I could just simply walk away, and find out the truth myself, but I can't. I need your help, Luce. I can't just walk away from without knowing what will happen if I do. You can slap me all you want, Luce, but it won't hurt more than losing you in my life. I can guarantee you that," he says. 

"So, why can't you just tell me what you happened?" he continues with a broken voice. 

I take a deep breathe.

"I.."

"You what?" he urges. 

"I saw you with her," I say with all my energy. The times I was trying to protect myself from remembering what happened that night comes crumbling back. 

"What?" he asked, shocked.

"That night in Chicago..." I start off slowly. 

"She talked about you and that night, I saw you two...in our hotel room." I try to hold back the tears. I couldn't say all the words. "Every time I see you, I remember that night and the feelings I felt that night comes back. Of how hurt I was. That's why... That's why I don't want to tell you."

"It's not true, Luce," he says stepping closer to me. 

"I saw what I saw. I can't unseen it."

"But it's not true! I didn't sleep with her."

"How do I know that, Ethan? You were with her that night. She talked about you like she knew you. So how can I not believe what I saw with my own eyes?"

He looks frustrated.

"Please, Luce. I'll find the truth. I promise I will. You have to trust that I will because what you saw wasn't the truth. Let me do that, okay?"

I hesitate to say anything. I didn't want to have expectations for things that I wasn't ready for and that may not be possible to find... like finding the truth. 

I wanted to hate him instead, but something in my heart was telling me differently. I did want the truth if what I knew wasn't the truth. I slowly nodded my head to signify that I was going to wait. A small smile of relief was forming in his lips, but the workers were urging us to go back to our seats. I take one last look at him, and walk back to my table. 

Find the truth, Ethan. For the both of us. So maybe I can officially let you go. I couldn't keep the promise to myself to forget you, but I know you can keep yours. That's the least I could do. 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

153K 2.2K 38
Short small high school romance Riley Smith. A ordinary teenage girl her mother has passed died to cancer. The only thing she has left is her Father...
111K 2.6K 31
This is 18+ for sexual themes and adults themes. Read at your own discretion Crystal Love was just a normal college student, starting her freshman y...
Beautifully Broken Caty Lyle द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

500 63 16
"She is broken from the inside. He is broken on the outside. But together, they make something beautiful. Something, beautifully broken." Renae comes...
17.2M 451K 41
Lucille is 17 years old. She does not have many friends. She's always been by herself since she had a hard time making friends. Ethan is also 17 yea...