Always Him

By hanlovestowrite26

Murad and Hanna have always been best friends since their childhood. Murad was always the number one to Hanna... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

9

1.6K 160 25
By hanlovestowrite26

The next day at school as I walked besides Murad, I noticed Ahmed's intense stare. He's never really paid much attention to me but today I felt it. He looked at me as he leaned over on his locker.

My eyes instantly connected with his brown ones and noticed the way they flickered mischievously.

I frowned wondering what was sparking his interest. Did he know something I didn't?

I quickly tore my gaze away from his and turned to Murad who's been more quite than usual. He was keeping to himself because internally I knew he was in some inner torment. His parents were divorcing and his dad was keeping him since his mom didn't really care to take him with her.

I didn't know what was the cause for their divorce except that I guessed that they have had enough of each other. They fought everyday.

I nudged Murad. "Are you hungry?"

Murad didn't bother to look at me. "No."

"Did you at least have breakfast?" I pressed on.

Murad sighed. "No."

"Murad!" I frowned. "You can't starve yourself, that isn't good for you."

"I don't feel like eating Hanna." He gritted, his icy tone didn't encourage me to keep going.

I looked into his eyes but he ignored my gaze. "Mura-"

"I'm late for class." He picked up his speed and left me behind as he got to his first period. I was alone then walking to my class. Usually Murad waited with me but not today.

I was hurt that was for sure but I understand that what he was going through was tough on him. I decided that I'd just leave him alone for the rest of the day.

Or try to.

*****

Later durning lunch break I sat alone since Murad was nowhere to be seen. Mona and her boyfriend were probably somewhere making out so I just kept to myself.

Before I knew it Ahmed appeared in front of me. "Hey." He smiled.

I looked around the cafeteria. Was I on the show pranked? Was someone playing games with me. Why would Ahmed out of all men come speak to me knowing I don't think of him very kindly.

When he saw the confusion in my face he cleared his throat and his smile disappeared. "Anyways.." he trailed. "I was wondering if you tutor chemistry?"

"Oh I-" before I could finish I quickly caught Murads burning glare directed right at me. His light eyes darkened causing the hairs on my neck to stand up. As he clenched his jaw, I felt more uncomfortable. His usual full lips were now thin, annoyance clearly evident on his face.

He stood at the entrance of the cafeteria at first but then started striding in my direction. He was grinding his teeth so menacingly and his features became more intense, I started getting nervous. I also took notice of how most girls in the cafeteria eyed him so desperately. If Murad had been such a fuckboy, nobody would be safe.

I quickly turned to Ahmed. "I do but I'll let you know if I have any more time to tutor somebody extra." I immediately said.

"Okay." He spoke with a tone that let me know he wasn't done. "Would you like my number?"

"Nope. I'll see you around." I smiled forcefully as I kept the corner of my eye on Murads stride. He was almost here.

"Alright." He smiled, his bright teeth showing. He got up and left in the opposite direction Murad was coming from.

"He-" before I could say anything Murad quickly interrupted.

"What does he want from you?" He seethed. He Asked the question just as soon as Ahmed left. He took his seat across from me and glared at me.

"Nothing." I said as I noticed just how dark Murad's under eyes looked today. He wasn't eating or getting enough sleep.

"Tell me." He demanded, his voice getting very impatient.

"I won't." I realized the food on my table. "Unless you eat with me." I smiled to myself knowing I'd win this round.

"Hanna." He sneered but I didn't care.

"I won't say anything until you've eaten." I wagged my finger at him. "So your choice."

Murad eyed me, furrowing his brows. His cold stare made me shiver inside but I knew deep down he knows I won't back down.

After glaring at each other for some time he finally broke away. "Fine." He finally spoke.

I quickly stabbed my fork into the small salad I had in front of me and extended it to his lips. "Open."

Murad didn't like this at all I could tell but he parted his lips just enough for me to shove the food into his mouth. He frowned at my aggression but ate nonetheless.

I smiled as he chewed. "See that wasn't so bad."

I proceeded to cut half my turkey sandwich I'd made this morning and handed one of the halves to him. "Eat this too."

"What did he tell you Hanna." He asked once again but I pointed at the half in my hand.

"If you really wanna know t-"

Before I could say anything he quickly took the half out of my hands and put it all in his mouth.

Whole.

"Murad, you're gonna die." I said but then a few seconds later the whole thing was devoured. My mouth was left agape. I looked at my water bottle. "How about wa-"

He snatched the bottle from my side and drank nearly most of it in three seconds.

"There." He twisted the cap back on my now mutilated water bottle. "Now," he leaned in, his eyes darkening. "how about you tell me what that idiot said." His voice demanding and heated.

I rolled my eyes wondering why it matter but also finding it weird Ahmed approached me. "He just wondered if I tutored Chem." I said nonchalantly.

"And?" He pressed on slightly leaning in.

"I said I did." Murads eyes narrowed accusingly so I quickly kept going. "But I don't have room to tutor more."

"He wanted you to tutor him?" Murad leaned back on the chair and eyed me. "Why?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "Maybe he really needed help."

Murad shook his head as he bit his cheek, in deep thoughts. After a while of him thinking and me eating he looked up. "That's too easy. I'm going to find out his motives and then rip him apart." He stood up ready to leave.

"Murad!" I grabbed onto the corner of his black sweater. "Stay here. You have to walk me back to class."

Murad sighed and looked down at me from his towering height. Our eyes connected and I widened mine hoping he'd see the plead in them. He chuckled and sat back down. "Okay hurry up."

*****

"I'm coming over today. We have a test so I need your help." Murad said as he drove us home.

"Okay." I looked at him. "I'll try my best to ace you."

Murad looked at me and then focused on my face. He slowly did a once over making me slightly blush as his serious eyes didn't break with mine once we looked at each other. As soon as I blush Murad sighed loudly in disappointment. "You look like a clown with all that blush on."

My face fell.

He quickly licked his thumb and swiped it near the corner of my left eye smudging my liner.

I gasped and glared at him. "Murad you ruined my makeup."

He turned to the road. "It was annoying me."

I punched his arm quickly regretting that as my hand started throbbing. "Well you don't get to decided."

Murad shrugged. "At least I'm helping you pick your makeup."

"If it was for you, I'd wear nothing." I bit back.

Murad smirked and side eyed me before returning to the road. "Well, not nothing.." He trailed and he scratched the back of his head fluffing up his dark hair.

It took me some time to realize what he meant. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped. This was new. "MURAD!" I screamed.

****

I ran upstairs and hopped in the shower. Today was so hot and we had PE so I definitely did stink.

Murad was downstairs fighting with Karan with my mom in the backyard watering her garden.

I quickly showered since I had so much homework and had to tutor Murad. I blow dried my hair and changed from school clothing to loose sweats and a large sweater.

When I walked downstairs I expected to see Murad trying to study but instead he was still playing video games with Karan.

"Murad." I called out to him. "You forgot your studying."

"Hold up." He waved as if he was shooing me away.

"Hurry up!" I came closer to him and put my hands on my hips. "If you continue this I'm not helping you."

"Okay." He chuckled. "Honestly I just came to kick Karan's ass."

I got so furious that I grabbed the decor magazine off the coffee table next to them and rolled it up. I quickly started hitting Murad with it on his head and back.

Murad was alarmed at my attack he covered his head but I kept swatting him. "Let's go."

He got up. "Okay okay." He pleaded and I stopped. He then grabbed his backpack and followed me to the table.

****

After two hours of serious studying and a banging headache from Murad who wasn't really paying attention to the things I've been teaching him.

Murad closed the large threatening chem book. "I'm tired. I can't focus." He rubbed his temples.

I sighed and looked around realizing it was almost sundown. "Well I hope you at least got some stuff. We can work more on it tomorrow."

"Are you hungry?" He asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"Kind of. I think we have some pizza from yesterday. Karan bought it but I haven't eaten." I say as I close my laptop and head to the kitchen. "Would you want any?" I called over.

Murad jogged to the kitchen taking a look into the fridge and completely blocking my view. His height and broad shoulders completely diminished our decent fridge.

"Where the pizza?" He turned to look at me.

"Maybe," i glared at him. "if you moved I'd see where it is."

He rolled his pretty colored eyes and moved out of the way. He grabbed two water bottles as I grabbed the refrigerated cheese pizza and heated it.

"Let's go outside." I said as I balanced everything in my hand. The garden was really pretty during sundown and the heat outside cooled.

"So the bugs can eat with us?" Murad groaned and I rolled my eyes.

"We'll set up the table." I said before walking out to the backyard.

*****

We sat eating and watching Karan's white chubby bunny, Nona, jump around the tall flowers.

I turned to look at Murad briefly before he caught me staring at him. I noticed how tired he'd been today. "Are you feeling better?"

Murad stopped chewing and looked at me. He put his pizza down and swallowed. "I wish you didn't worry so much." He sighed, ignoring my gaze.

"I can't help but notice how dark you eyes have gotten. It scares me Murad." I blurted completely forgetting that I maybe opened up too much.

Murads eyes flickered to mine. The setting sunset light carved more of his sculpted face out. His eyes were the only thing that were still bright. "I scare you?" He asked as his eyes bore into mine.

I put the greasy pizza down. "You don't scare me. What's happening to you does." I sighed and looked away from his demanding eyes. "I know you haven't been eating or sleeping."

After a long silence Murad spoke up. "I'm eating now." He looked at me. "You shouldn't worry about me."

I just hope you don't drive yourself to the edge.

"Okay." I took a sip of water already feeling full. I started picking up the plates when Murad spoke up.

"Being around you and Karan makes me feel better." He then added. "I'm going to be fine."

I turned to look at him. "Well I hope so! If you need anything let us know!" I flicked his forehead. "I can't imagine life without your ugly face." I laughed, suddenly the air cleared and it wasn't so serious anymore.

Murad frowned and rubbed his forehead. "You're so immature." He got up and grabbed the plates from me. "Gimme that."

*****
Murad went hope right after we cleaned and that night I felt happiness around me. Murads careful but comforting words kept dancing in my head. He wouldn't stop popping into my head until I finally drifted off to sleep.

Not knowing shit was about to hit the fan.
*****

Hey guys! Here's another update! I hope you enjoyed it.

What do you think of Ahmed's motives?

What will happen next! Haha.

Thank you to all of you who still read and support the book. If you liked this chapter please remember to vote! Thank you!! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 8.8K 40
What happens when a desolate heiress meets a cheerful and handsome working student? Will they conquer the odds of being together or will they let the...
153K 4.6K 33
Completed "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him while he forcefully dragged me out of class. "You told me you need help...
310K 11.6K 70
This story talks about a high school girl who's fat but beautiful. Everyone makes fun of her. Her dad's died when she was still in middle school, fro...
1.3K 268 35
Estella and Alaric have been best friends since they were kids, and they've always been there for each other. But after a misunderstanding, Alaric st...