Young God | L. Laufeyson

By getbuckyplums

▷Set before Thor: The Dark World and includes Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Thor: Ragnarok A simple acci... More

Prologue
1. Crossfire
2. Valley of Kings
3. Dangerous Blindness
4. Alluring Honesty
5. Failure
6. Sympathy
7. Prince of Asgard
8. Risky Alliance
9. The War Criminal
10. Bloody Consequences
11. Sentence
12. Nightmares
13. Original Sin
14. Madness
15. Sincerity
16. Bonding
17. Child of the Damned
18. Dancing in the Dark
19. Deadly Chaos
20. Vulnerability
21. Tortured Mind
22. Escape
23. Overwhelming
24. Trust
25. Betrayal
26. More Than That
27. I Remember
28. Memory Lane
29. I'll Be Good
30. Reset
31. Yearning
32. Mistaken
33. Return
34. Love Me Again
35. Back Home
36. Half Brother
37. Surrounded by Enemies
38. Mary Poppins
39. Break the Chain
40. Broken
41. The Price of Love
42. Safe and Sound
| End of Everything |
43. Ragnarok
44. Trip to New York
45. Wizards on Earth
46. The Goddess of Death
47. Sakaar
48. The Grandmaster
50. A Green Surprise
51. What Heroes do
52. Bruce Banner
53. The Revengers
54. Revolution
55. The God of Thunder
56. It's a People
57. Shattered
Epilogue
Acknowledgments & Trivia
How to make Aurora jealous
Slumber Party
First Crush
Attention
!!! Infinity War !!!
Personal Protector

49. Valkyrie

21.2K 1K 945
By getbuckyplums

Rule number one: Don't sleep with your ex.
Rule number two: Follow rule number one.

Aurora broke both rules more than just once yesterday and today and now she's not sure if this will turn into a mistake or not, but to be completely honest, she doesn't exactly regret it. As she shifts beneath the silk blanket, all the problems slowly start to come back into her mind and she presses her lips together.

"What's bothering you, my love?" Loki takes her hand and places a kiss on her palm, his lips lingering there longer than necessary but she doesn't mind a bit. His body is more than distracting though.

"We need to talk." Aurora demands, trying not to get too lost by his kiss. God, it's too alluring to resist his lips.

"Oh, do we?" He teases with a hint of mischief as he buries his face into her neck while his hand attempts to remove the blanket from her. As tempting as his scent is, Aurora keeps the blanket around her and stops him with a severe glare. A disappointed sigh leaves his lips and he leans back, knowing that this won't work.

"Yes, preferably with clothes. We can't just ignore everything, Loki." She can see on his expression how he would rather do other activities than talking.

"Very well." As the God of Mischief stands up, an green mist coats him and his clothes appear again. Aurora meanwhile grabs her clothes that are scattered everywhere on the ground of the suite, putting them quickly on. When she's done, she glances at him. Loki is looking out of the window, watching the night life of Sakaar and he seems to be lost in the city light that shines through the darkness.

"What are we gonna do about Hela? She's already reached Asgard and who knows how much damage she has already caused. We need to get Thor out of here after the battle and find a way back to Asgard."

"This is none of my concern." His words shock Aurora and she stares at his back in disbelief. Even though she knows how much he despises the Asgardians, she used to believe he has changed.

"None of your concern? Are you serious? They're all in danger! They're all doomed and we have to help them– "

"We witnessed how she shattered Mjölnir as if it was glass." He cuts her sharply off, now turning around to face Aurora. "Do you really think I'll put us in this danger? We don't stand a chance against her, neither does Thor. If we go back to Asgard, we are as doomed as the Asgardians there. I'm not going to put your life at stake."

"Us? Now it's us again?" She almost scoffs, shaking her head. "Make up your damn mind, Loki! You keep pushing me away as if you're the only one who gets to decide what happens in this relationship! What are we now, huh?! Why did you even break up with me to begin with?!"

"I did this to protect you!"

"From what?! From Hela?!"

"No, this is about what I did to you, Aurora! You're very aware of what I've done and I won't let this happen again." He walks dangerously close to her, his rage growing because she's too stubborn to let it go.

"That's the freaking point, Loki, it wasn't you! Something possessed you and instead of letting me help you, you push me away as you please!" Aurora takes a deep breath, trying to control her frustration. Her voice lowers. "I've known you for years now and there's only one person who's capable of scaring you that much– "

"Just stay out of this, Aurora, it's for your safety." Loki interrupts her before she even speaks out his name. Taking a deep breath as well, he glances down at her, his hands cupping her face in an endearing way. "I have a plan. And I'll never lose control or harm you again, you have my word."

"So, what am I supposed to do for your plan? Just blindly trust you?" Indignation laces her voice, her anger shrinking immediately.

"Would it be too much to ask for?" A little smile lies on his lips and he engulfs her in his arm, placing a kiss on her forehead. Right now, it's a difficult and a pebbly path for them, but he doesn't want to be ever without her again. "I'll never leave your side again."

She sinks into his arms, her eyes closed to enjoy his familiar scent and feeling. Aurora is just incredibly glad that he doesn't seem to push her away again and that they're on the way back to how things used to be. "And what about Hela?"

Loki pulls back, his emerald eyes are locked into hers. "We can stay here on Sakaar. The Grandmaster is more than just fond of us and I can imagine how great our life can be here."

Now Aurora fully releases herself from his arm, not believing that he seriously doesn't care. "And what about Odin? Your father died– "

"He's not my father." Loki's voice becomes colder and his face darkens.

"And Yondu technically wasn't mine. Frigga then wasn't your mother either, yet you loved her like I loved Yondu." Her eyes are glassy, her hands still remaining on his chest. "Your mother died after having an argument with you and Yondu died before I could spend more time with him. We both lost our parents under tragic circumstances without saying goodbye. Don't you want to avenge Odin? Do you really want to repeat our mistakes?"

Loki deeply knows that she's right and maybe he does feel guilty for causing Odin's loss because of Thor. But at the moment, he doesn't want to admit any of it. "I'll not risk your life for Asgard."

"But we have to help them."

"No, Aurora, we don't, it's not our duty. I'm not a hero." Loki almost hisses and Aurora just huffs. She'll not let Thor down and definitely not Asgard as well, her altruistic attitude pushes her to do something. Even if it means without Loki.

"Fine, then do whatever you want. I'll help Thor." With these words, Aurora rushes out of the suite, frustration settling down in her stomach. She's very aware of the engagement ring still lingering in her belt bag, but now is not the right time to bring it up. Maybe later.

***

The gladiator game is about to start and so far, Aurora hasn't accomplished much. She's found out where the ships are, but they are, as expected, secured with codes and she doesn't have enough time to hack them yet. Too many guards. Now she goes down to the armory where all gladiators can pick their weapon and get prepared for the fight. It doesn't take her long to find Thor, next to him is a creature made out of rocks that Aurora is familiar with.

"Thor! And oh, my God, hey, Korg!" She greets them on the other side of the room, even though the laser wall separates them.

"Aurora, it's been years since we met!" Korg returns her excitement and Thor frowns as he puts the sword down.

"You two know each other?"

"Yes, she was the one who gave me the idea of a revolution... even though the plan failed. Damn lack of flyers." Korg mutters and smiles then at the auburn-haired girl. "But cool to see you again!"

"Likewise, Korg." She grins, before she turns to Thor. "I'm here to wish you good luck. I found out where the ships are but I can't fight against all guards on my own, my weapons are on vacation right now. So, please, survive the battle, God of Thunder."

"I will." He almost smiles as she uses his title, glad to have a friend here. "What of Loki?"

"Not on board with our rescue plan." Aurora mumbles disappointed but Thor doesn't seem surprised. His blue eyes widen as he stares at someone who's apparently behind Aurora. Turning around, she finds Brunnhilde with a bottle at a table.

"See her, that's the one that put me in here." Thor tells Korg bitterly and he sighs.

"Oh, yeah. Scrapper 142. Gotta watch out for those Asgardians, man. They are hard to perish."

"Wait, what??" Aurora's eyes widen, staring at Valkyrie as well now. She did not expect this.

"Asgardian?" Thor is astonished by the news and he walks closer to the laser wall, calling Valkyrie. Maybe there's a way to convince her to help them. "Hey. Hey!"

Brunnhilde spots first Aurora, then Thor, not happy to see the latter one. Her mood sinks, growing rather pissed and she lifts threatening her remote. "Hey."

"Heeeeey." Aurora barges in between them with a sweet tone, shooting Valkyrie a pleading look not to do anything to Thor. To her surprise, Brunnhilde listens to the auburn-haired girl and lets the remote sink. Thor only frowns. What did he miss?

"I just wanna talk. Asgard is in danger." He stares at the tattoo on Brunnhilde's arm, adoration lacing his voice. "My God, you're a Valkyrie. I used to wanna be a Valkyrie when I was younger, until I found out that you were all women. There's nothing wrong with women, of course. I love women. Sometimes a little too much. Not in a creepy way, just more of a respectful appreciation. I think it's great that there is an elite force of women warriors. It's about time."

"Oh, boy, if this wasn't awkward." Aurora mutters while Thor raises in approval his thumb. Yet, she glances slightly impressed at Valkyrie, her admiration increasing for the fierce woman.

"Are you done?" Valkyrie rolls her eyes and Thor is called for the fight but he ignores it.

"Please, help me. I need your help."

"Bye." She ignores him and walks away to leave, not caring about anything that could be connected to her past. Aurora's not sure what to do, conflicted between her and Thor.

"Fine, then you must be a traitor or a coward. Because the Valkyrie is sworn to protect the throne." Thor's words are sharp and hit a nerve, Valkyrie stops. Aurora's stomach twists and although she doesn't know anything about the Valkyries, it must have hurt to hear this. Brunnhilde turns around and is face to face with Thor now.

"Listen closely, your majesty. This is Sakaar, not Asgard. And I'm a Scrapper, not a Valkyrie." Brunnhilde clarifies in a pissed tone and the guards grab Thor to prepare him for the battle. As he fights them off, Valkyrie electrifies him with the remote, defeating him for them and Aurora winces. "And no one escapes this place. So you're gonna die anyway."

He glares at her as he's pulled away and Aurora grits her teeth, feeing more helpless than ever. "Good luck, okay?!"

Thor only nods and the auburn-haired girl turns around, following Valkyrie and catching up with the angry woman. "Wait, Brunnhilde! I'm sorry that Thor acted like that, he's usually really nice but it is a serious matter. I'm sure you've done nothing wrong and are neither a traitor nor a coward."

"You can't say that, you don't know anything about me." Valkyrie only scoffs and takes a sip of her bottle, still stomping angrily away. Aurora hears how vulnerable she sounds behind the rage.

"Maybe not but I'd like to believe so." Her words make Brunnhilde slow down her pace and she turns around only to meet Aurora's sympathetic smile. Sighing, the former Valkyrie nods towards the straight direction as her heart slowly opens up.

"Come on, you can watch the fight on my ship."

A/N- Guys, first off, I really have to thank you for reaching 130k reads. Your love and support and comments always keep me going and give me faith in my poor writing. So thank you!

Second off, and I don't intend to sound rude, but please stop constantly asking when I'll update or even demanding  to update the next chapter. Although I've luckily written in advance, I still have my own life (I just recently graduated from high school). And I actually post a lot compared to some writers who update once a month or even less. To make it official now- I regularly post on Wednesday and Sunday (as some of you have noticed), so please stop asking. I hope you understand. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.9K 1.3K 108
Taking place A few years after the events on Svartalfhiem, and Loki's great turn of heart. When A young woman is found out to have special, potential...
541K 24.4K 42
' She breathed in deeply, picking up on a faint and fresh scent of mint on him. "Even if it's only me, is that enough for you?" Loki purred with a kn...
3.6K 222 35
♤Infatuation of the mind♤ "Someone paid you to kill me?" In the midst of your sister's arranged marriage to the God of thunder. You meet the dark and...
10.4K 288 18
"A villain fights for what he doesn't have, but a hero fights for what he has left." *SPOILERS FOR THOR 2 and 3* Loki's imprisonment on Asgard has gi...