The Unknown Bodyguard

By RDFarhanah

A bodyguard is a type of security guard or soldier who protects a person or people (usually high-ranking publ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 7

357 24 74
By RDFarhanah

Good times, crazy friends and amazing memories. That's college life. I don't want to be sentimental but I couldn't control myself when I realised that today is my last day as a student. Even though college is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by airplane, I must admit that I will miss my college time. I was at the cafe and observed my surrounding for the last time before Kriti sit besides me.

"My God, it's our last day ! Finally we're done with exams." said Kriti.

"Yeah..." I said.

"What's wrong, babe ?" asked Kriti, as she pushed my shoulder.

"Nothing. I'm just... I'm going to miss all this craziness, drama, you..."

"Awww, don't worry. I'll make sure that you're not going to miss me, Deepika."

"Are you sure ? What about your pumpkin ?"

"Don't worry. I'll make him become a pumpkin juice if he ever try to break our friendship." said Kriti before we laughed. Then, Sushant approached us and sit besides Kriti.

"So, all exam is finished ?" asked Sushant.

"Stop mocking us, okay. We know photography student's exams already finished two days ago..." sulked Kriti.

"I'm just asking, baby." said Sushant before both of them started their lovey-dovey drama.

"Sushant, have you seen Ranbir ?" I asked Sushant. I've never seen him since the exams weeks started. Actually, it has been a month since the last time we met. I do miss him but I can't let it disturbed my study.

"Ranbir ? Oh, yeah ! I almost forget to tell you, Deepika. Ranbir wants to meet you at the usual place. He asked me to tell you like that so don't ask me where did he mean by usual place, okay." said Sushant.

I was listening to Sushant when suddenly my phone buzzed. I received a WhatsApp message from Ranbir.

'Have Sushant told you anything ?
I'll wait for you at our usual place. Central Park.'

A sudden wide smile appeared on my face before I left, obviously with James.

                                           *****
I went out from the car and my eyes quickly locked onto a figure that I guess have become a special figure in my life after my family. I missed him. In fact, I missed him a lot. Ranbir turned around and smiled at me. I've read that the best feeling in the world is when you look at that special person and they are already smiling at you. Even I had the same smile on my face while approached him.

"Hey." I smiled. Ranbir smiled at me without uttered anything before he held my hands and pulled me closer to him. Then, he put my hands on his shoulder while he encircled his hands on my waist.

"Dance with me ?" asked Ranbir and I agreed without any doubt.

We were dancing together without any music. It just us and the wind. My heart keep telling me to tell him the truth. The truth that I love him so much but I'm afraid. I'm afraid of losing him if he don't have the same feelings for me. I still had those blushing smile plastered on my face when he suddenly said,

"I'm leaving."

His words are enough to break my heart. It's strikes right into my heart and makes my smiles slowly fade away.

"I'm going to Greece. I will live with my uncle."

"Oh." I said as I looked on the ground. I don't have any courage to look into his eyes. Ranbir will leave me.

"I'll stay there...forever." said Ranbir before put his thumbs on my chin to lift my face and continued, "I... I'll miss you."

I don't reply his words as I was trying to control my tears.

"Sweetheart... in all the world, there is no heart for me like yours and in all the world, there is no love for you like mine..." said Ranbir, silvery.

I was about to look into his eyes when a sudden soft lips gently crushed into my lips and touched every inch of my lips without leaving a single area untouched. It crushed my lips with full of love and passionate. I kept my eyes close while letting it discovered my lips and played with my tongue. Yes, we kissed. We kissed each other passionately. Ranbir pulled me closer and closer towards him until we finally pulled apart. Our forehead touches and tears streamed down our cheeks.

"I love you, Deepika. I love you so much, Deepika !" confessed Ranbir, with absolute clear but a bit wobbled as he cupped my face.

"I love you too, Ranbir..." I said as I looked his face. It was obvious how much he mean every single thing he told me just now.

"But... I can't love you..." hesitated Ranbir.

"What ?"

"I'm sorry, Deepika."

"Ranbir ?"

"This is wrong."

"What ?"

"I shouldn't do this." said Ranbir as he gently make me stood away from him.

"Ranbir, I love you."

"I know and trust me, I love you too. But, I shouldn't love you. I'm sorry..."

"Ranbir, what do you mean ?"

"I can't love you."

"But...why ?"

"I'm sorry but..."

"But what ?"

"Let's go." said Ranbir as he grabbed my hands and walked towards my car.

"Where are we going ?"

"Your house. James, bring us to the house." said Ranbir to James.

"Yes, Ranbir." obeyed James.

"But... wait. Do you know my driver ? James, you know him ?" I continuously asked both of them.

"James is one of my friends." said Ranbir before continued, "That's why he don't mind sent you out at night with me."

"What ? What is actually going on right now ?"

"I'm sorry, Deepika. But..." hesitated Ranbir, again.

"But what ? Why aren't you answer any of my questions, Ranbir ?" I asked, almost screamed at him.

"You will know it." said Ranbir as we entered the car.

James drove to the house and neither Ranbir nor I actually spoke with each other. There's lot of things disturbed my mind and with Ranbir sudden changed, its left me with no choices except to keep silence until we reached our destiny. As soon as we arrived, we walked out from the car and I still tried to figured out what actually happened. Why Ranbir suddenly changed ? What did he mean by he can't love me ? And how can James know about him ?

"Sir."

Ranbir approached my father who was busy discussing something with Mum and Anisha. Ranbir had this serious face and he acted like he don't know me. What the hell is happening ?

"Sir, Deepika... I mean, Miss Deepika will not be under my protections anymore because I will not do this job anymore. Her study is done and I believe my job also done."

"Oh, okay. You're right, Ranbir." said Dad as he stood up and walked towards us.

"Wait a minute. Dad, you know him ?" I enquired.

"Do you know him ?" asked Dad.

"Yes, he's... my friends." I explained.

"Yes, he is one of your friends but actually he's one of your bodyguard." explained Dad.

"Bodyguard ?"

I looked at Ranbir. Can someone please tell me that I misheard something just now ?

"You've told me that you don't like my bodyguard to guard you all the time so I've hired him as my undercover bodyguard to protect you and I believe Ranbir have done a very excellent job. Thank you, Ranbir." added Dad and patted Ranbir's shoulder.

"So, all this time you're just being my bodyguard ?" I asked Ranbir for confirmations while my heart keeps begging him to please tell me this is not true.

"Yes, Miss Deepika. I'm... I'm just doing my job." said Ranbir without looking at me.

"Just doing your job ?"

"Yes." said Ranbir, almost can't be heard.

"All this time ?" I asked with a hope that none of these is true. But, Ranbir nodded. I broke down that time when he nodded his head. I felt like my soul had been ripped off my body. I felt like a broken glass. I felt hurt. I know he's lying but why he don't want to tell the truth ? Why he choose to hide everything ? Why he choose to broke my heart ?

"What an excellent performance then !" I snapped as tears started streamed down my cheeks again. I quickly left everyone and went to my room. It's really hurts me. I felt betrayed but deep down in my heart, I know that Ranbir really do loves me. I know it. He just... why he done all this to me ?

Author's notes : Since everyone wants a happy ending... let's play with emotion right now ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 2.4K 13
"You can't heal a heart that is dead." Advira says with a blank face. "Love can heal everything, a dead heart too." Dylan lets out with determination...
293 14 21
I smile at this loving the reaction he gave me. So go back to tracing. Purposely making each of my touches softer and slower. He grabs my hand and tu...
18.8K 339 35
Ava Johnson has always lived in the spotlight as the daughter of megastar celebrities, Angel and George Johnson. But when her rebellious streak start...
25.9K 2.9K 62
🌸🌸🌸 Park Chaeyoung - a good girl in her father's eyes. She is smart, kind, friendly, cheerful and not to forget an attractive young woman who just...