The Twilight Veil (Link X Rea...

By catfishhamsterlady

COMPLETED- 2018 "Where did you come from?" Ilia asked and that's when everything stopped. Where did I come fr... More

Hello!
-Prologue-
-Twilight Takeover-
-Preceding Time-
-New Friends-
-Panicking Partners-
-Joking Heroes-
-Journey Together-
-Mission Children-
-Cheating Wrestler-
-Hot Arrows-
-Drowning Fears-
-Dark Waters-
-Ghost Tears-
-Beautiful Memories-
-Cool Dude-
-Dumb Differences-
-Friendly Kidnapping-
-Cold Anger-
-Trading Places-
-Many Tasks-
-Spider Leg-
-Sudden Doubts-
-Unspoken Truth-
-Anxious Guilt-
-Selfish Thoughts-
-Controlling Thoughts-
-Scared Beauty-
-Goodbye Friend-
-House of Memories-
-Looming Death-
-Fighting Chance-
-Epilogue-
-The Author-
-Soon-
AYO LOOK, LISTEN!! (Authors note)
NEW BOOK!

-Hurt Hearts-

2.2K 83 71
By catfishhamsterlady

Link and I stood on the edge of Hylia lake, staring down at the depths below. I frowned, awkwardly standing there. "So.." Link said turning to me. Rain still poured and he was covered in mud, as was I. "Ladies first." Link said quickly shuffling away from the water. I looked into it with a concerned glare. "I can't see." I said turning to Link watching him hop around, trying to get into the Zora armor. He slipped and fell back into the water. I laughed as Link crawled out of the water angrily. "I can't put it on!" He snarled wrestling with the armor. I giggled and grabbed the bottoms. With a strong tug, I pulled them up. Link grunted as I helped him with the rest of the armor. I set on his helmet and smiled softly at him.

Link blushed and took my hand gently. "After all of this, (Y/n), would you mind on talking with me?" He asked quietly. I smiled and nodded, Link smiling happily. "Okay, good." He said quietly nodding to the ground. "Alright, let's go." He said and leaped into the water. I looked down at my reflection, for a moment I saw a different girl. She was taller, had aqua skin with black patterns, and a saddened look. I blinked and she was gone, replaced by me. I looked behind myself worriedly. Link popped out of the water smiling. "Come on (Y/n)! The water's great!" I smiled and nodded, brushing it off. I must be hallucinating, that's all.

I took a few steps back before running and diving into the water. The darkness swallowed the two of us whole. Link took my hand so we wouldn't be separated. Together we silently swam into the darkness. The bottom grew with light, Zora's were swimming around with it. I smiled at Link. "It's so eerily beautiful." I said, my words lifting up in bubbles. Link nodded in agreement. "It is." He murmured as we neared the temple. There the mouth of it needed to be opened. Link grabbed his water bombs and destroyed the rocks. The Zora watched us curiously. We slipped inside and swam, surfacing inside of the temple.

It was dimly lit, the musty smell of stone surrounding us. It was cold, very cold. Link quickly changed back into his hero clothes with a sigh. I turned to him and smiled. I saw a lever I leaped onto it and pulled it down. The door opened and we walked through slowly and looked around. It was a circular area with a staircase. I saw another lever and pulled it, the staircase spun around and was under my feet. "Well," Link said walking up to me as I dropped. "I think we found our way up and down."

(Its comical how many times I said "I'm going to Kermit suicide" during this temple...)

Link and I climbed our way to the top of the spiraling walkway. We reached it and climbed the ladder. Link leaped across and grabbed onto the lever. It pulled down and a door opened above us. Water rushed through. Link dropped down into it and was swept away. "(Y/n)!" He called laughing. I smiled and leaped in after him, splashing in the water as the current carried us down. I laughed and was tossed into the water alongside Link. We swam over to another lever and pulled that. The water began to flow out of the room. We followed it proudly and onto the next room. We walked downstairs and into another area where we could just peek and see a room. It was large and round, as well as green. "Let's see if there's another way there." Link said as he ran to the chest and got a key. We left and hopped onto the rotating platforms. We then opened a locked room and found water.

"Time to gear up." I smiled at Link and leaped in, he followed behind me and blew up a rock. He went inside first, I followed hesitantly. We surfaced inside of the room. "Wow.." I muttered and saw a small monster come at me. I killed it quickly. Link frowned as another dropped from the ceiling. "What the hell?" I looked up and grabbed Link. I shook him until he looked up. "Oh." He whispered. Up above us was a giant frog with little eggs on its back. It dropped from the ceiling, Link and I rolled away. "Holy hell." I screeched as the frog shook off its eggs. They surrounded us, Link and I striking and killing them. "Ew, ew.." Link grumbled behind me. We finally killed the last one, the frog leaped up. "Run!" Link shouted.

I began to run around. The shadow of the frog above me as I rolled away. It slammed against the ground. Link and I immediately went to work on stabbing at it and slicing away. Odd green goo began to cover my blade. I grumbled and splashed it around in the water as the frog got up again. It shook off eggs again. We repeated the process until the frog leaped up again. It targeted Link this time, he rolled away just in time. Link smiled at me and began to slice at the frog again. I helped alongside him happily. Finally we finished it, the frog dropped and spat out a chest before it died. Link opened the chest and held up a hookshot. "Woah!" He gasped and grabbed me around the waist. He shot to a target and grabbed onto it. Link pulled me over to it and we landed. "M'lady." He said jokingly. Link bowed and grabbed my hand, kissing it. I laughed as he pulled away. "C'mon, let's finish this thing. I hate it here, too muggy." Link chuckled. "Yeah. Cold and muggy, terrible things."

We finished getting the water to fill the middle and the boss key. As soon as we got it Link and I made our way to the middle. I dove down and scrambled onto the platform. Link got his Zora armor on and leaped in. He climbed onto the platform beside me and took my hand. "This is the last thing we'll do together, (Y/n)." Link said slowly. "When it's all over I want to talk to you." I nodded and smiled. Link looked down and quickly walked forward to unlock the door. It cracked open and I pulled it. Link smiled and walked inside. He grabbed a fairy before opening the hatch and grabbing me. "Let's go." He said quietly.

I held onto Link as he put on his iron boots and dropped. We entered the water, I shivered as my body changed. Link held onto me tightly. I smiled at him as Link chuckled. "It's okay, just dark." He murmured looking around. Below us pillars began to peek out of the darkness, rising up as we sank. A single tentacle with an eye peeked out of the sand.

Link and I landed with a grunt. I looked at the tentacle as the eye retracted into the sand. A mouth popped out of the ground along with more tentacles. The eye began drifting around in the tentacles, they attempted to grab us. Link grabbed the eye and stabbed it. It hopped away and back into the tentacles. I growled softly, stepping back as a tentacle attempted to grab me. Link grabbed the eye again and stabbed it. I stabbed it as well. The eye leapt back into the monster and the tentacles vanished.

"It's over? Just like that?" I asked smiling proudly. "We really are—" the ground began to shake and a giant fish came out. The tentacles were on it and on its back, the eye. "Swim!" Link said as I pushed off from the bottom and began to swim after the thing. Link had his hookshot out and aimed at the eye. Link shot and grabbed my hand, dragging me over. We clawed at the back of the large beast, stabbing at the eye. The beast bucked around and we spiraled off. I swam after it again quickly. "Uhh, Link!" I screamed as it headed towards me. I swam away as fast as I could, the fish catching up to me. "(Y/n)! Hold on!" Link called hooking onto its back. "I'm not grabbing onto anything!" I snapped angrily as it caught up. Link stabbed it as the fish clamped onto my leg.

I screamed in agony, the fish taking the chance to open its mouth. Link stabbed it and the monster reared away from me as I drifted down in pain. I sobbed and grabbed my leg, the water becoming red around me. I hit the bottom and tried to stop the blood. I looked up and saw Link swimming at the monster as it headed towards me. I closed my eyes tightly and sobbed a bit. Link stabbed it once more, the monster flailing about before slamming into the wall. A large crack opened up and the water began to drain. Link leaped off of the monster and ran to me. "(Y/n)!" He called running towards me.

I looked up and sobbed, tears running down my face as the water finally drained. Link crouched down and looked at my leg. It was bloody and cut down to the bone. He frowned and use the hat from his Zora armor to wrap it up. Link lifted me into his arms as I sobbed softly. "Hey, it'll be okay (Y/n)." Link murmured softly walking forward. Midna leaped from Link's shadow happily. "There it is! The last Fused Shadow!" Midna said as Link picked it up. I held onto him trying to stop crying.

"(Y/n)," Midna whispered with wide eyes. "It'll be alright, we'll get you to the doctor. I'll just take that." Midna grabbed the fused shadow, beaming happily. "(Y/n) is hurt and you're more concerned over that thing?" Midna looked up and frowned. "Now don't resent me for all I've put you through, I need this thing!" She said quickly, holding it protectively. "It's true." I whispered looking at Link. "I'll be fine." Midna frowned and looked me over. "It'll be alright, we'll get you somewhere better. Besides, we have to do something about Zant, the one who thinks he is the king of shadows. His power is a false one. And I'll prove it using these." Midna said putting the fused shadow away with a sigh. I nodded softly and smiled at Midna. "I trust you." I said softly, Midna stopped and stared at me before opening a portal. "If you're all finished, let's go." She said waiting for us. I nodded as Link carried me to the portal. "I'm sorry for dragging you two all over the place." Midna murmured looking at me as I clung onto Link. He sighed and shook his head. "It wasn't your fault." Link said as I looked at her. "I'm not a good swimmer, I've never been." Midna sighed and shrugged.

"I'm sorry you have to pay for my mistakes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 287 45
Written in Blood . {After OoT/MM fic} Hyrule is on the brink of another bloody war when he returns, the hero that had slipped away to be forgotten by...
1.9K 39 9
THIS IS A AGERE STORY IF YOU DON'T LIKE AGERE AKA AGE REGRESSION THEN DON'T READ. READ THE DESCRIPTION AND FIRST FEW CHAPTERS. The setting is in the...
28 0 1
Far in the future, Link and Ganondorf battle in broken world, a fusion of the 'child' and 'adult' timelines. Hyrule is ravaged and all inhabitants, e...
350K 13.1K 40
PLEASE READ BEFORE GETTING INTO THE STORY Description: Your name is (Y/n) and you are originally from an au called Dreamtale! Your life hadn't been...