Is Your Heart Taken? - A Niam...

By niamlegend

Liam and Niall are both idiots when it comes to noticing each other's feelings, but although Liam's alter ego... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13-Part A
Chapter 13-Part B
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Will there be a sequel?
x

Chapter 19

17.9K 330 103
By niamlegend

Chapter 19:

-          Liam’s POV –

Day 30:

I slammed the door to my bedroom and grabbed at my hair in frustration.

How the hell could he act so cheerfully? Does he not even care about what he saw last night? Did he not even think about us while he was gone? Did he even miss me a little bit?!

I took a deep breath to calm my thoughts.

...

No. He didn’t care about what he saw, because it had nothing to do with him. He probably forgot about us completely while he was away. He didn’t even call.

I glanced at the cast on my hand.

I’m such an idiot; getting so worked up over things that turn out to be so trivial.

I squeezed my right hand. The pain was now gone and I was going to the doctors in half an hour to get it taken off. Finally. I ran a hand over the cast; reading all the messages that people had written on it:

Louis: Don’t go getting so worked up next time, you’re a pain in the ass to take care of! xx

Harry: It must be difficult being hard all the time <3

Zayn: This is karma for waking me up.

Sarah: Great to see you again Lili! Hi-five! Oh wait...

Leah: Aww, get well soon! Xoxo

I smirked. Funny that Leah; the person I’m the least close with actually wrote the nicest thing on there. I heard a knock on the door behind me and jumped.

Shit, I hope it isn’t him... I can’t face him after this morning.

I thought back to that thing in my bathroom earlier. Just remembering the feeling of his eyes on me made me blush like an idiot. Then I realised I hadn’t answered the knock:

“...who is it..?” I asked. I didn’t turn around because my face was still bright red. There was a pause for a second before I heard his voice.

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled.

Wait, what?

“I shouldn’t have left without saying goodbye. Especially to you.”

I started to turn to face him but stopped myself half way. My face was still bright red.

“I didn’t leave because of what happened that night. I left because I had to sort through some stuff on my own, and I knew that I’d just be a burden to you all until I did.” I tensed.

How did he know what I was thinking..? 

“...I’m sorry.” He said again. I smiled.

He does care.

I span around to apologise but he was already gone. I felt my heart sink.

Don’t leave again.

I kind of lost control for a little bit. 

I started after him and crept down the hallway towards his room; hoping he’d be in there. He was. I peered in to see him unpacking his suitcase on his bed. It’d been so long since I’d seen him in there. While he was away I’d constantly check his room; hoping he’d have come back without me realising. Every time it was empty though. I missed his touch, his laugh, his smell, his eyes, the feel of his lips, the feel of his body pressed up against mine. I still wasn’t in control. I started to walk forward and I didn’t stop. I reached out and slid my hands around his stomach and pulled him back towards me. I buried my face into his shoulder and slid my arms right around his waist and squeezed him tight.

...after that kiss he’s gonna be creeped out, I know it.

I breathed him in and tightened my grip to make the most of it.

Then Niall did the complete opposite of what I was expecting and twisted in my arms, wrapped his own around my neck, and hugged me back. I felt his face bury itself into my neck and I shoved mine back into his shoulder again.

“I missed you.” I breathed. I nuzzled my face into his neck as well and he tightened his grip on me. I couldn’t believe that after two weeks we were just as close as we were when he’d vanished. Maybe I really wasn’t the reason he’d left after all.

“I missed you too.” He breathed.

We kind of just stood there like that for a while and as much as I was enjoying it, I eventually had to pull back. I had to go find Louis and get him to drive me to the doctors again. My hands had a mind of their own though. Instead of pulling away they gripped his hips and kept him pinned against me. Niall started to untangle his arms from around my neck and when our eyes met I knew I was screwed. He was too close for me to resist.

I tightened my grip on his waist.

My heart started to pound.

Holy fuck Liam snap the hell out of it before-

Niall’s lips parted. I was a goner.

Thank the lord that Niall’s phone went off and scared us apart. I turned away from him as I blushed and ran a hand through my hair. I didn’t dare look at his face. I heard him get his phone out.

“What?!” He snapped.

Wait, why is he angry?

A woman’s voice came through the other end and I tried to make out the mumbling but it was no use.

“No, I haven’t told him. And you gave me a god-damn heart attack!” He snapped again. More mumbling came from the phone. “Y-You didn’t interrupt anything! Now go away!” I heard him yell back; followed by the phone slamming shut. I turned to face him in confusion.

What the hell was that about? And what did he mean ‘interrupt anything’?  

He saw my face and tried to explain:

“I umm... that was...” He started but I cut him off; scared of the answer.

“It’s alright, you don’t have to tell me everything that goes on in your life...” I said softly.

Although I want you to.

I flashed him a quick smile and walked past him and out of the room. I walked back down the hallway and into my bedroom; shutting the door softly behind me. As soon as I shut the door I collapsed against it and slid down to the floor. I touched a hand to my neck where Niall’s face had been.

Damn it Niall.

Eventually I pulled myself together and walked out of my room and downstairs into the kitchen. I sat at a bar stool and was about to go on Twitter on my phone as I waited for Louis but then he came strutting in and smirked back at me:

“You look like you just got laid.” He grinned. I blushed insanely as I realised that I was still smiling from ear to ear from Niall and I’s little moment just now.

“Wh-What? What the hell are you on about?” I defended; my voice getting higher and higher. Louis smirked even wider and I regretted opening my mouth instantly.

“Niall is back, did you two get it on..?” He asked; raising his eyebrows at me, trying to press further. The sneaky look on his face told me straight away that it’d been his doing.

“It was you! You told him what I was thinking, didn’t you?!” I yelled as I stood up so that I could yell at him even louder. He took a step back and held his hands up in front of himself defensively:

“Woah, woah! Calm down!” He teased back. “I only sent him up there, the rest was up to you.”

I blushed even harder. He jumped at the opportunity.

“Oh my god, you did, didn’t you?!” He exclaimed; covering his mouth with both hands to make him seem even more dramatic. I sighed deeply and collapsed back into my seat.

“...no, but I was about to...” I confessed. I buried my face in my hands as I heard him gasp and pull up a stool next to me.

“Whaaaat? Tell me why the hell you didn’t?!” He demanded. This is ridiculous.

“...he got a phone call, and I backed off...” I mumbled; hating myself for it.

“Aww, no action for Liam then!” Louis teased as he patted me on the back. I sighed again and buried my face into my hands even further.

Liam is getting impatient.” I grumbled. Louis got what I meant instantly.

“Well... there are certain websites that can give you what you need then...” He mused. I shot a glare back at him; my face probably burning with embarrassment.

“What the hell are you talking about so early in the morning?!” I asked. It came out a combination of angry and embarrassed. He smirked back at me evilly and stood up. He walked to the door and stopped when he got to it; turning his head to face me:

“Check your bookmarks... I saved you one a few days ago.” He smirked before walking out into the hallway and towards the front door.

I stared back at the door in shock.

When the hell was he on my laptop?

I couldn’t take it, the doctors could wait an extra five minutes, I had to know what he’d saved on there before anyone else saw it. I bolted upstairs and locked my door behind me; running straight to my desk and switching on my laptop. I sat down and waited for it to turn on.

What the hell did he save on here? If I find some creepy-ass gay porn I’m gonna kick him in the balls, I swear to god. Damn it, what the hell was he doing on he-

My laptop finally loaded and I opened up a new window. I clicked on my bookmarks and scrolled down until I saw it. He’d made a new folder in my bookmarks menu:

Liam’s Lovey Time xx.

I blushed the second I saw it.

I’m gonna fucking kill Louis. What if someone else had seen it? He’s going to pay.

Hesitantly, I hovered over the folder and a new menu full of links dropped down. My eyes widened as I read some of the titles:

I Wanna Save You Tonight
When He Opens His Arms and Holds You Close Tonight
Forever Young
Whatever the Payne

I slammed my laptop shut and jumped back from my desk; eyes bulging.

Fan fiction.

Day 31:

I’d spent every hour of the past day and a half avoiding Niall. I didn’t trust myself not to blush when I saw him. My avoiding spree ended however, when Louis had came and told us that he’d booked us a table at a local restaurant for dinner. Zayn was taking Leah and Sarah out to the movies tonight so Louis made a booking for the four of us. He’d told us that it was a fancy place so we all dressed up nicely, suits and everything. Louis and I waited at the bottom of the stairs for Niall and Harry. I was actually starting to feel nervous. It felt like we were their dates for formal and that they were keeping us waiting on purpose to build the suspense.

Harry and Niall appeared together at the top of the staircase. They must have had the same feeling because as soon as they were in sight, they struck a pose. Niall planted one hand on his hip and stuck his ass out as he stared down at us. He had his other hand behind his head and he was pulling the sexiest face he could muster. Harry had flattened his back against the wall and was pushing his chest out as if he had boobs as he stared down at us. They slowly started to descend the stairs and Louis wolf whistled. Harry blushed and I couldn’t help but laugh. I took a rose from the vase on the table next to me and held it out to Niall; bowing when he got to the bottom.

“You look dazzling.” I said back at him in the most charming voice that I could without turning into Dark Liam. I winked at him and I swear he blushed before taking it. He and Harry pushed past us and opened the front door. Niall stopped in the doorway and brought the rose to his lips and kissed it before glancing back at me.

“Don’t wait up” He smirked. Louis chuckled and slapped me on the ass before running out the front door after them. I struggled to compose myself as I stepped outside and locked the front door behind me.

We pulled up to the restaurant at around eight. It was bucketing down outside and we had to run from the car to the front entrance. Louis walked up to the waiter’s station and asked for the reservation he’d made earlier this afternoon. The waiter looked at us sceptically and gestured for us to follow him. He took us to a table in the back corner of the restaurant and I froze when we got there. There were only two seats. I realised what was going on but it was too late.

“Now Harry!” Louis yelled as Harry grabbed me from behind; pinning my arms back. Louis dove into my jacket pocket and pulled out my car keys. I struggled to get free but by the time I did, Louis had already made a run for the door. He got halfway and yelled back at us with a huge grin on his face:

“See ya later chumps!”

He turned and ran back outside into the rain with Harry close behind him. I stared at the table set for two, then at Niall, then back to the table.

“That bastard set us up." I cursed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Broken By Big Fan

Fanfiction

42.5K 1K 22
Sometimes the prettiest faces hide the darkest secrets. Join Harry Styles as anorexia and self harm grip his mind and refuse to let him go...alive.
15.5K 395 38
Niall Horan, a member of One Direction, was in love with his best mate, Liam Payne.
82.8K 833 20
Niall thinks he knows himself. Harry thinks he knows himself. But when they both have the same dream about each other, it will open an entire differe...
43.3K 365 14
A dangerous prank. A hidden secret. An unrequited love. A deadly car accident. Nouis. Larry. Niam.