Klepto✔︎

By softsloth

"I'm a psycho at the bottom of the pack, and you're a warrior built to kill. Isn't it a weird mix?" He shrug... More

Klepto
prologue
1 ❀ Scardey Cats
2 ❀ Big maybe
3 ❀ Fix me
5 ❀ Councilman Cole
6 ❀ Lycans
7 ❀ Him
8 ❀ My rainbow
9 ❀ Our tiny moment
10 ❀ Optimism
11 ❀ The storm
12 ❀ Try
13 ❀ Stupid Coward
14 ❀ Cool your jets
15 ❀ Mr.Grouchy Alpha
16 ❀ Too endearing
17 ❀ Alone in my principles
18 ❀ Shortcake
19 ❀ Alarming heights
20 ❀ Breakfast burrito
21 ❀ You just do
22 ❀ Curvalicious
23 ❀ Full circle
24 ❀ That's me, the goner
25 ❀ White rabbit
26 ❀ Pretend
27 ❀ Nathan's parade
28 ❀ A wedding ring
29 ❀ People change
30 ❀ Rogue
31 ❀ Off my rocker
32 ❀ Bring it on
33 ❀ Red lens
34 ❀ Angel of mine
35 ❀ Puzzle pieces
36 ❀ Secret chef
37 ❀ Kleppy
38 ❀ Horny octopus
39 ❀ The King
40 ❀ It's complicated
41 ❀ Little Miss sheltered
42 ❀ Winter weapon
43 ❀ No
44 ❀ When you're ready
45 ❀ Strongly considering
46 ❀ Head over freaking heels
47 ❀ Forever
48 ❀ Yin vs Yang
49 ❀ Breach
50 ❀ The Red Alpha
51 ❀ Thin ice
52 ❀ Bleakness
53 ❀ Ryk's wrath
54 ❀ Fall apart
55 ❀ Our only hope
56 ❀ Do monsters mourn?
57 ❀ Small talk
58 ❀ Old enemy
59 ❀ Mated
60 ❀ DNA
61 ❀ Go ahead
62 ❀ The apple doesn't fall far
63 ❀ Coming home
64 ❀ Amazing life
epilogue
Book 1.5 ❥ Tressandra
Book 2 ★ Hendrix

4 ❀ Cow with wings

103K 4.6K 743
By softsloth

           Klepto POV

   Sometimes, I consider what it would be like to not be in a pack with people who despise me.

Oh to be free.

I even long to be a human from time to time. Go out to fast food restaurants, have my very own car, maybe even keep a pet fish. The possibilities are endless.

Dreams are only for sleeping, apparently.

Here I crouch in a crowded bathroom stall, delivering a good scrub to yet another toilet bowl while I wish away my existence. My imagination helped occupy my mind some of the time, but it wasn't always useful.

Everyday I had chores to attend to around the pack grounds. Today happens to be bathroom day.

Fun, right?

I sigh with every once of frustration pent up in my body, rocking back on my heels while I peer down into the shiny white pot of water. This is what my life has come to, staring into a toilet bowl where people did their business.

I'm an omega.

Not that I'm one to actually care about labels. I couldn't care less about what my packmates nicknamed me, it's the odd jobs that come along with the title that are absolutely excruciating to handle.

All the bright blue bubbles at the surface of the water shine with the reflected light from the huge fluorescent lightbulbs above. They're pretty.

     It's strange that even in a situation like this I can actually consider something beautiful.

I am, after all, a certified crazy person. At least that's what I'm told.

I flush the toilet without a second thought and stand, grabbing my cleaning caddy and stretching my sore, achy muscles. Every last inch of this bathroom is as spotless as it can get. I'm not wasting another second in this place.

Finally, I make my way through the connecting corridor. The well decorated hallway is filled with potted plants, the walls splattered in painted murals of the past pack heroes. Unfortunately, I'm in the pack house.

Or, as I like to call it, purgatory.

     It's basically a huge mansion slap dab in the middle of the pack grounds. The wolves who live here are only the best of the best. The blue bloods, if you will. The residence of the pack house have a special heritage that makes them better than the rest of us.

     The only thing is that it goes straight to their heads, and that made this place a hellhole. Especially for me.

To prove my point, as I stride with the small amount of purpose that I have, I hear the sounds of laughter. Not just any laughter, obnoxious laughter. I know who it is, there's really no need for me to spare a glance, and yet I am feeling generous today.

There stood Mr.Sunshine himself with his packrats surrounding him like moths to a flame.

     He's a beautiful brunette with the sun kissed body you only dream about. His personality is what makes him absolutely hideous.

"Nathaniel, how are you?" I ask kindly, and I deserve an Oscar for my delivery. I have lots and lots of practice.

He scoffs, crossing two arms over his chest and raising his eyebrows in amusement. The Alpha's son glances over his shoulders at his snotty friends.

"Pretty good considering I'm going to a party later while you'll be cleaning the marble floors I walk on." It takes every ounce of self control I have to not roll my eyes as his buddies burst into exaggerated chuckles. Each of them sought his approval.

     They're just a bunch of butt kissers.

"Well, I hope it's up to your standards, Sir." I reply, a false grin painted on my face.

Truth is, I really don't feel so sugary sweet towards the guy, but growing up by his side taught me a lesson or two.

You don't talk smack to an Alpha's son and heir and come out saying, "10 out of 10, would recommend!".

"If you'll excuse me." I bow my head submissively, even though I want to knock his pretty teeth out with my fist. Unfortunately, I can't afford a slip up. Not now, not ever.

When I turn to leave I hear the giggles and hushed words of the horde, and I choose to ignore them in my silence. Instead, I stare at the ivory floors and my dinked up sneakers. The black and white shoes have seen quite a bit of roughness in their time.

I contemplate the contrast of the polished foyer floor compared to my hand me down kicks. Even the laces were worn out. It kind of reflects everything in my life.

I'm really not cut out for positive thinking, which is something my therapist recommends on the daily. I hated to disappoint him, but I can't help who I am.

By the time I make it to the supplies shed outside, I've calmed myself down enough to breathe with a bit more ease. My hands tremble while I stack the cleaning caddy and mop in the small structure. After I shut and lock the door, I turn around to head back home. Well, if you can really call it a home.

Honestly, I hate my life. Especially my home life.

I spend most of my time either cleaning up after others or talking about my so called feelings. After so long, it gets tiring.

All I want is to somehow escape. To be able to do things I actually want to, like read for hours without worry, or wear a new pair of shoes and twirl around in them like no one's watching.

I know it sounds cheesy, but it's all I have to hang on to other than finding my mate. Which is a great thing to look forward to.

     Mates are your other half. They're your souls mate. The Moon Goddess, our deity, is a matchmaker up in the heavens. She creates mated pairs by essentially casting a spell to make you fall in love. Well, not exactly in love I suppose.

     There's a strong attraction between mates that draws them together like magnets. Love has to come on it's own.

     I can't wait to find my mate, but it's not likely to happen anytime soon. We don't get visitors around these parts very often.

Maybe I just have to escape.

"Get inside, Klepto. I need help with the little ones." The harsh voice breaks through my  depressed thoughts. I didn't realized I'd made it to my house.

My mother stands high above me with her hands on her hips as she looks at me from the porch. She's the perfect picture of a high and mighty she-wolf. She had graceful long limbs, enviable blonde hair, and a perfect set of manicured hands.

The epitome of my opposite, actually. I've inherited all of my dad's features, and I was the only one out of my 9 siblings that had. The rest of the bunch were blonde headed and blue eyed.

More reason for me to stick out like a sore thumb.

I suck up my pride and don't utter a single word as I follow her into our home. Her heels click clack on the ground as she struts towards the kitchen.

She rushes back to the stove to work over the numerous pots and pans filled to the brim with food. It's almost time for supper.

  I smell the ham and the stuffing, mashed potatoes and green beans, maybe even a whiff of cornbread steaming in the oven. It's a glorious aroma.

That's when I see my two littlest sibling sitting at the breakfast table, wide eyes fixed on me. A grin appears on each of their faces, mirroring my own.

Daniel giggles when I lift him into my lap, stealing his seat next to his very messy older brother, Felix, who's scribbling away with his crayons. These two pups are the only ones young enough to be home, the rest attend school.

     I have to snatch every moment of time I can with them before they're gone every single day. I hate the thought of when that time comes.

"What are you drawing over here?" I ask them both.

     Felix holds up his paper proudly, it's a picture of a few stick figures and a big red house. It's the type of art you would expect from his 5 year old self. His tiny fingers leave dirty prints on the paper, but he doesn't seem to notice or care.

"Look at mine, Kleppy!" Daniel practically growls, I smile as I peer down at his masterpiece. The sheet is covered in an array of bright colors.

I hum in thought, as if assessing their work.

     "Very nice, you both have made wonderful art indeed." I mock a posh British accent that is guaranteed to earn me some laughs, and sure enough it does. The boys giggle at me, their mouths hanging open and their eyes shining in wonder.

My mother shoots me a disapproving look from over the counter. She never likes me acting childish, even if it was to entertain some of the few siblings that actually still like me.

"Kleppy, you draw!" Daniel insists, handing me a sticky, indigo crayon which I graciously take.

Grabbing a blank sheet of paper, I begin to swirl around the surface with the wax.

When the dragon drawing is complete, Daniel claps his pudgy hands, and Felix demands that I show him how to draw one.

I chuckle to myself before giving them a step by step of what to do. Daniel joins in too, and before you knew it there are two very different looking dragons provided by my baby brothers.

Felix's is bright pink and very large and round, in fact it looks more like a cow with wings.

On the other hand, Daniel's is just huge tan, angry swirls. I praise their dragons, and they beam up at me like I'm the only person in the world.

I can't escape, can I? These boys are the light of my life, and I know without a doubt I would miss them too much. Not to mention they would be stuck with a bitch of a mother.

My hands absently play with Daniel's blonde locks while he sticks his tongue out in concentration, expertly adding bright red to his drawing. His miniature feet kick absently under the table.

The back door suddenly bursts open, making me jump in surprise.

We all watch as Tressa struts inside. My older sister is all high heels and glam. Her fingers continuously scroll on her phone screen. Her ice blue eyes flick to our mother, then to me as she stops in the middle of the kitchen.

I lift a brow in question as she smirks smugly.

"How was work, Tress?" My mother asks sweetly, a bright smile on her face. I hold in a huff. It was petty, but I secretly yearn for my mother to treat me like my two elder sisters. She seems to dote on them any chance she gets.

"Fine, fine. Alpha Green was a bit... sour today. Says he needs to speak with little Klepto ASAP." Two pairs of cold, feminine eyes lock onto me. My little brothers draw contently, completely oblivious to the scene going on around them.

Sweat breaks out across my brow. What on earth would the Alpha want with me?

"What did you do this time?" My mother snaps at me, and I flinch under her cruel scrutiny.

"Nothing! I swear!"

     Tressa chuckles haughtily at my reply, leaning against the kitchen counter and observing her shiny nail polish.

"We should probably start checking her pockets again." She says, and I look at the floor.

When I was in high school, my stealing was at its worst. My parents and siblings would search me regularly to make sure I hadn't stolen anything. It happened multiple times a day, and it had been absolutely humiliating.

     I will do anything to avoid that.

"Well, young lady. You will go to the pack office building right away." My mother reprimands while stirring a wooden spoon, "You don't want to keep him waiting."

I nod fervently, and quickly lift Daniel while I stand up. He growls out his objection.

"I'll be back before you know it, Tiger." I ruffle his hair after I set him down on the chair. His angry frown remains in place, but he nods.

Gathering up all the courage I need, I head out for the dreaded Alpha's office.

❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀

     If you're reading this, I love you:)

     Let me know what you think of the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

497K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
1.3M 45.7K 42
•••••-••••••-••••••-••••••-••••••-•••••• ORIGINALLY 6.2M READS ON WATTPAD! First Unedited Draft. 64% manuscript sample. ••••••-••••••-••••••-•••••...
3M 105K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...
3.8M 138K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...