My Reason

By Writer-Unknown07

A simple hug grew into a true love, that gave a dying boy, a reason to live. More

THE ANGEL'S PROMISE
THE WISH LIST
GRANTING WISHES
FIRST DATE AND CONFESSION OF LOVE
MY REASON

HIS NEW FAMILY

389 30 4
By Writer-Unknown07

He was late. Jungkook had been waiting for Taehyung to arrive for over an hour. Never once did it cross his mind that Tae wouldn't show, not anymore, he trusted Taehyung to keep his promise to not leave him alone. His room door suddenly opened revealing a smiling Tae and a nurse pushing a wheelchair.

"Hello Kookie!"

Jungkook smiled happily. "Hello Tae Tae!"

"How're you feeling today?"

"I'm good. Um, hyung, what's the wheelchair for?"

Tae's smile grew bigger in his excitement. "How would you like to go outside today?"

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise. "Are...are you serious?"

When Tae nodded, Jungkook immediately became excited.

"Oh my god, yes!"

Jungkook threw his blanket off, scurrying to get out of bed.

The nurse, a middle aged woman, placed her hand on his chest, stopping his progress.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Um, o-outside?"

"Do you plan on taking the IV with you?"

Jungkook looked at her, head cocked in confusion, until a chuckling Taehyung pointed down at Kookie's hand. Jungkook looked at his hand, only now remembering the IV he was attached to.

"Oh, sorry." The boy said sheepishly, blushing in embarrassment.

The nurse giggled, shaking her head.

----------

Once the nurse removed the IV and left the room, Jungkook stood carefully, Tae hovering close by, should he need help. Once Tae was sure Kookie could manage on his own, he slipped the backpack, which held a change of clothes and toiletries, off his back and handed it to the boy.

Jungkook took the bag with a grateful smile and entered the bathroom to change.

----------

Ten minutes later, Kookie exited the bathroom, wearing jeans and a white t-shirt under a dark purple button up, the cuffs open and hanging a little long on him. Tae thought Jungkook looked cute in his clothes.

"How do I look?" Jungkook asked nervously.

"You look so cute!"

Jungkook blushed at the older boy's comment.

"Aw, you're so cute when you blush!"

Jungkook blushed harder. "Hyung!"

Tae chuckled. "Okay, okay. Well, if you're ready, let's go."

Jungkook looked at the wheelchair before looking at Tae. "Do I have to?"

"I'm afraid so, hospital policy, but it's only til we get to the exit." 

"Okay." 

Jungkook sat in the chair.  Sacrificing a bit of pride was a small price to pay to leave the hospital for a few hours.

--------------------

"We're here." 

Jungkook had his nose practically pressed against the passenger window in his excitement.

"Where are we?"

"I thought since it's such a nice day, we could visit the park."

Jungkook's face lit up. "Really?"

Tae nodded, happy that he could make Kookie so happy. 

----------

Taehyung smiled fondly as he watched Kookie look excitedly at everything, he would stop every few steps, to admire everything, from the park benches to the trees and flowers, but Taehyung didn't mind, he was happy that Jungkook was happy and enjoying himself.

Jungkook suddenly stumbled a bit. Tae, who was walking a few steps behind him, was at his side in an instant.

"Jungkook! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just got a little dizzy is all."

Jungkook looked at Tae pleadingly. "We call still stay right? Please?"

"Of course."

Tae then took one of Kookie's hands in his, interlacing their fingers and smiled a big box smile. 

"Just in case you get dizzy again."

Jungkook blushed at the contact  but didn't pull away. It felt nice holding Tae's hand.

----------

"Tae, over here!" 

"Hi hyung!" Tae called back, waving at the boy with is free hand, then looked over at Jungkook.

"I wanted to surprise you with a picnic in the park and introduce you to my hyungs."

Jungkook paused in his  steps, nervous to meet the hyungs Taehyung spoke so highly of.

"Y-you mean, your family?"

Taehyung noticed the boy's nervousness and squeezed his hand.

"Don't worry, they'll love you as much as I do!" 

With his boxy smile back on his face, Tae led Jungkook to the picnic site his hyungs chose.

----------

As he led Jungkook to the picnic area, he wondered if the younger boy caught his word choice. Jin said that Jungkook loved him, that he saw it in the way Jungkook looked at him when they were together. Taehyung really hoped it was true. He snuck a glance at Kookie to see the boy blushing. That blush gave him hope that Jin's words were true, and Kookie could really love him.

----------

Despite Taehyung's assurances, Jungkook was nervous to meet his family. Tae spoke of them often, and he didn't want to embarrass Tae, but more importantly, he didn't want them to think Taehyung was wasting his time being friends with a dying boy.

As they drew closer Jungkook thought he recognized one of the five lounging boys.

"Hello Jungkook."

"Dr. Kim?"

Jungkook was surprised to see his doctor and feared he'd be sent back to the hospital. He hid slightly behind Taehyung, eyes tearing up.

"Please, don't make me go back to the hospital. I-I want to stay."

"It's okay Kookie, you don't have to go back." Tae wiped the younger boy's tears away.

"I don't?"

Tae shook his head. "Who do you think signed you out?"

Jungkook looked over Tae's shoulder at the doctor who smiled gently at him. He stepped out from behind Taehyung, letting go of his hand, and walked up to the older male, hugging him in gratitude.

"Thank you Dr. Kim."

Jin hugged the boy back, the gratitude Jungkook felt, the happiness of being outside the hospital for the first time in a long time, washed over him.

"It was my pleasure Jungkook, and if you'd like, you can call me hyung."

Jungkook smiled a bright bunny smile. "I would like that hyung."

Jin ruffled the boy's hair, chuckling at his cuteness. "Well c'mon, you have four more hyungs to meet."

----------

"Hey Jungkook, go long!"

Jungkook began to run for the high flying baseball, when he suddenly began to see double, vision blurring, and a wave of dizziness brought him to his knees.

"Kookie!"

"Jungkook!"

Both Taehyung and Jin called out in unison, running toward the boy, the others not far behind.

"Kookie, are you okay?"

Tae knelt beside the younger boy, worry in his eyes as he searched Jungkook for injuries.

Jungkook blushed as Taehyung ran his hands over his body

"I-I'm fine Tae, just got dizzy."

Jin squatted down in front of Jungkook, looking him over with a doctor's eye.

"What happened?"

"I just got dizzy hyung, that's all."

Jin raised a brow, causing the boy to sigh softly in defeat. Jungkook knew his time outside the hospital walls, his freedom, was up.

"My vision also blurred, and I saw double as the dizziness hit me."

The others reached them a moment later, concern evident on their faces, one of the boy's tackling Jungkook with a hug.

" Jungkookie, are you okay?! I'm so sorry."

"It's okay Jimin hyung, it's not your fault, I just got dizzy."

"Are you sure?"

"He's sure hyung." Tae answered, tightening his hold on the younger boy and gently, but firmly, pushed Jimin away from Jungkook.

Jimin heard the jealousy in Taehyung's voice, saw it in his eyes. He smiled cheekily, releasing Kookie and holding his hands up in surrender.

"I know he's yours Tae, I'm only showing concern for my new little brother, I'm not trying to steal your boyfriend."

"HYUNG!" Tae exclaimed

Jimin stood, chuckling at the two blushing boys. Jin suddenly stood, drawing both boys attention.

"I think it's time to head home before one of your migraines hit."

"Please hyung, just a little longer. I'm fine, really."

As Jungkook tried to stand, he hissed in pain, bringing a hand to his temple and swayed on his feet. Taehyung was quick to steady him.

"Jin hyungs right, we should head home if you're not feeling well."

Jungkook nodded, then quickly ceased the movement with a whimper, as it made pain explode in his head. 

"He won't be able to walk, he's too weak." Jin said.

"I'm sorry." Kookie whispered, still leaning on Taehyung, face buried in the crook of his neck, trying to hide from the light piercing into his eyes and straight through his brain. 

Jin ignored the apology as he continued to look the boy over, noticing his face scrunched up in pain, using Tae as a shield against the light, his eyes tearing up.

"We need to get him home, he's getting worse." 

Tae didn't hesitate to scoop the boy up into his arms, following Jin to the car as the others rushed to pack up and hurried after them.

----------

Jungkook awoke in an unfamiliar, dimly lit room. After letting his eyes adjust, Jungkook glanced to his left, seeing Taehyung sitting beside his bed, his top half bent over on the bed in sleep, one of Tae's hand clutching his own.

"Tae?"

Taehyung sprang awake from his restless slumber at the sound of Jungkook's tired, raspy voice.

"Jungkook!"

Seeing the boy wince, Tae smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. How're you feeling?"

"Better."

Taehyung nodded then got up from his chair and headed to the door.

"T-tae?"

Taehyung looked back at the boy with a soft smile. "Don't worry. I'm just gonna get Jin hyung."

----------

Tae returned a few minutes later with Jin.

"How're you feeling now Jungkook?"

"Tired, but much better."

Taehyung took Kookie's hand in his once again. "You really scared me Kookie, you've been unconscious for two days."

Jungkook's eyes widened a bit. "I-I was?"

"Yes. If you hadn't woken up by morning, I would've had to send you back to the hospital." Jin responded as he checked the boy over.

"Where am I hyung?"

"Since you haven't any family I signed you into my care, into my...custody so to speak." Jin said.

"Which means that you now live with us as a member of our family. Isn't that great!" Tae added excitedly.

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise. "R-really?"

Jin saw Jungkook's eyes begin to tear up, over flowing with happiness and hope. He sat on the bed facing the boy with a soft kind smile, petting his hair.

"Yes. I hope you don't mind that I made that decision without your permission or knowledge." 

Jungkook shook his head and without letting go of Tae's hand, hugged his oldest hyung tightly, tears pooling his eyes.

"Thank you so much hyung."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 810 30
//STRONG LANGUAGE AND DETAILED INTIMATE STUFF O K He finds someone that gives him something special. Someone to replace something else.. But can t...
57.3K 2.9K 66
A simple love story with no plot twists. We all need something good at the end of the day. Let this be your medicine. "It is hard to find true love...
620 56 20
basorexia; (n.) the overwhelming desire to kiss
101K 4.5K 40
she loved him, even if his heart longed for someone else. ≖ a kim taehyung short story all rights reserved