The star

By pretendedtobeokay

When EXO girl meet BTS. And things happen, changed her life. More

Prologue
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45.
XOXO

3

40 1 0
By pretendedtobeokay

2013.

"Oppa, why are you here?"

I looked at Sehun in disbelief who appear at the dancing studio of our school out of nowhere; we were having our individual evaluation today for dancing class and it all came to a stop when the girls behind me who was watching suddenly screams.

I know he's an ex-student here;

But why the hell did he came here when he had graduated in February?

"Your brother wanted me to check on you since I came back to get my certificate."

He muttered but awkwardly smile when the girls were excited to see him as he politely bowed; our teacher nodded her head at him.

I bet she teaches him before too.

"You guys are free today?" I tilted my head aside in confused; I thought Baek said they are preparing their first winter album?

"Not really but we got a break." He shrugged before handing me the bag that he was holding and I took it, "He told me to buy something for you to eat when I'm on my way here." I grinned at the view of food; ah-ssha! He bought me tteokbokki and many more which is my favourite!

"You are having a test just now?" I nodded when he pecked in through the glass door, seeing the girls dancing in front of the mirror, "Min Jae," I looked up at him and our eyes met, "I hope you realise that you actually like dancing." He gently patted my head which I tugged my head a little, "You know I was force to come here." How is possible that I would like dancing? I don't want to be an idol.

Though I know I can dance really well. Exclude singing please.

He sighed at my words, "Gurae, we all know idol is not your dream but," He make me look at the girls inside there who are dancing, "Your dream," He pointed at my teacher actually, "It was that. Arra?" He gave me a firm stare, "That's what hyung says." He stated.

I looked at my teacher again; did he meant that I wanted to be a dancer when I don't even know it myself?

"He suggested that you should switch from department of stage art to department of practical dance. Just quit singing." I immediately snapped my head to him in disbelief; he gave me a tight smile, "He says he will settle it with your mom." That makes me tear up a little as I bite my lips to hold back my tears.

Aish jinjja, this guy.

Why can't he tell me these on his own but through Sehun?

I thought no one know how I was suffering with all these, doing what I don't like and force myself to be happy with it.

"Oh," He groaned a little when I wiped my tears that rolled down my cheeks; he simply wiped it for me too, "Yah, uljima. I'm taking back the food if you cry." I pouted, "My brother said that didn't he?" He chuckle out, "Oh, he did." He then gave my shoulder a light squeeze, "Go back in. You can decide it later. I need to go now. Hmm?" He ruffles my hair before I bid him a goodbye.

"I'm jealous,"

I shared the food with a few friends of mine as we are eating during our break time, "What?" I responded; Jin hee chewed the tteokbokki, "I'm jealous that you have an idol oppa." So young immediately nodded, "Exactly. Sehun oppa even do this to you!!" She caresses my hair and I chuckle, "Ah mwo! I already know them for one year!" I meant that we are close enough for him to do that to me.

Jeanne wore a face of defeat, "I want to be close to Jung Kook." That was so out of the blue, "Yah, you should like EXO!" Jin hee protested, "Ah wae! BTS is good too! V is so handsome! Jung Kook is so cute!" She fight back and I just shook my head at them, arguing about who is better.

Whether is EXO... Or BTS.

They are just same to me.

I just calmly stared at the sky while enjoying my food; the food taste extremely nice today, "Excuse me," I pulled my gaze back from the sky when someone poked my shoulder as the girls around me gasped.

Hmm?

I turned around, came face to face with---- KIM SEOK JIN?!

HELL, IS THAT JIN FROM BTS?

I straight away choked on my food and he panicked that he quickly patted my back, "Sorry for scaring you, Min Jae." Ah jinjja! He shouldn't mention my name!

"YOU KNOW HIM?" Jeanne popped her eyes wide open and I awkwardly looked back at him, "Why are you here?" He pulled his hand back, "I'm looking for Jung Kook but I saw you so I thought why not say hi." I awkwardly smile and bowed my head at him, "Nae, annyeonghasaeyo." This is so damn awkward.

"Erm," He just chuckle when we stared at each other as he suddenly took my thumb and placed it at the corner of my lips, "Is dirty." I blushed as I clumsily wiped my mouth, "I'll look for Jung Kook now. See you next time." He patted my head which I flinched a little; well, I don't remember that I'm close to him that he can do that to me?

"YAH, BYUN MIN JAE!" I jerked up from my seat when Jeanne yelled, "WAE? WAE?" I shoot my eyes open wide, "You bitch didn't tell me that you are close to BTS too!" She cupped her hands on her waist while pouting, "Ah jinjja! My brother is close to them, not me!" I'm only close to Jung Kook...eh-hem.

And I'm not lying because my brother is a very socialise person!

"Liar," She continue to pout, "Jinjjaya," I groaned, "I only met them a few times." She rolled her eyes, "And Jin oppa would do this to you?" She points at her head and I pouted too this time.

Why I can't find a word to retort now?

She keep staring at me as if she can kill me with her gaze, "Ah mianhae, I'll get Jung Kook's signature for you." Only then she dropped her face, "Jin...jja?" She whined, "Nado," Jin hee raised her hands and I look at her, "Chen oppa, thank you!" Aish these girls, "Me too! I want Chanyeol oppa, Min Jae-ah." So young smile sheepishly at me and I acted angry while holding my fist at them, "Aigooo jinjja, a bunch of crazy fans." Jeanne hugged me while giggling, "Gomawo chingu ya!"

"Oh wae, kookie?" I could only answer his call comfortably when I was walking back home alone; if Jeanne knows that I'm a close friend to Jung Kook, I bet she's going to kill me, "Since when did I became kookie?" He was laughing and I giggle, "Molla. Up to my mood." I said, "Gurae, you saw Jin hyung just now?" I hummed a tone as a yes, "Ah jinjja, you should tell me. We missed each other. I went back home when he came." I twirled my hair with my finger, "Ah, I thought he told you beforehand."

I let out a sigh when I saw the sun is setting and the view is breathtaking.

"Why did you call by the way?" I asked while crossing the road now; busy street and busy people, "Just... Can you help me to get something at school tomorrow? I won't be able to attend class for the next few months because we are promoting our new single." Oops, BTS released a new album recently? I didn't know about that.

I'm so crazy over 'Growl' that I didn't pay attention to any other songs. My brother is jjiang ya!

Growl is literally my favourite song now, "Eh, you don't know do you?" He tsked when I remain silent, "Mian, Kook ah." I stuck out my tongue over here, "Is a mini album," He sighed, "Fine, we are not as famous as EXO just yet." I scratched my head with my finger, "I'll listen to it when I get back okay?" He sighed again, "Whatever. Help me to collect my books in my locker. 0901. My locker pin." I make a mental note on that, "Alright." I muttered while making a left turn, walking into the familiar neighbourhood.

The sky is starting to get dark, "Gomawo." He muttered through the phone, "How do I pass you the books then?" I finally arrived home and as usual, I was greeted by silence which I hate the most.

I turned on the lights before going upstairs to my room, "Hmm, I'll tell you later when I got time to meet up." I dropped my bag on the floor, "Arraseo." I slumped myself down the bed; I suddenly remember something, "Kook ah," I should get his signature, "Hmm? Wae?"

"I need your signature. And Taehyung oppa too." He immediately hummed a tone in confused, "Oh? Does my signature worth selling?" Ah jinjja, I laughed at that, "It's not that, Kook ah! My friend wants it. Jebal, hmm? As a gift for the books that I'm going to carry for you, nae?" He chuckled, "Arraseo."

"Taehyung oppa's one too! Gomawo!" He then ended the call since he got something to do.

I get changed after a shower and went downstairs to open up the fridge, found a note as usual.

Heat it up before you eat. I'll be late today.

GURAE.

I let out a deep sigh while pulling the note out that was on the pot; everyday the same thing. Can my mom say something else to me? Aish.

I opened up the pot and saw fish porridge.

Sting; I feel a sting when I was heating up the porridge on my own in the kitchen.

Why am I always alone when I have a family? I can't understand this.

My parents are always busy; so I'm really close to my brother because we are always together.

But now that he became an idol, being known as Baekhyun by fans and they even got him a nickname 'Bacon'.

While me? What am I doing here in this lonely house? I hate to be alone.

I was eating it slowly when my mom called, "Are you home yet?" She asked, "Eating." I took a spoonful of porridge into my mouth, "Gurae, finish it and practice your singing for a bit. Okay?" AISH JINJJA.

I lost my appetite totally when she said that, "Min Jae, answer me." I hissed out, "Shiro!" I then cut the call; just how many times do I need to tell her that I can't sing?!

Is not that I don't want but I can't! I wasn't born with it just like my brother!

"AH WAE!" I growled when I answered a call without knowing who's the caller, "Min-ah? What's wrong?" I angrily poured all the porridge away in the bin and left the pot in the sink, "Why did you call?" Is my brother and he's calling at the wrong time, "Did something happen? I call to check on you."

"Why don't you just come back to check on me instead of calling?" I questioned back, "Min Jae, oppa is busy----" That just makes me explode, "Yeah, I know! Everyone is busy like hell, I know! So just leave me alone, why bother? I'm still alone here in this house anyway! You calling doesn't change a thing!" I fumed, "Did mom says something to you?" He sighed in defeat at my outburst and I wiped my tears that was rushing down my cheeks.

I feel stuffy on my chest; I really hate to feel like this.

Other than stuffy, I feel hurt and empty.

"W-Why did you bother asking? You are not here with me." I need someone who can stay by my side to comfort me, not over the phone like now, "Arraseo. Don't go anywhere okay? I'm coming back." I simply threw my phone on the table and cry while whining after he end the call.

I'm still not used to being alone like this.

Can I not grow up? I want to have my brother with me like how we used to be. How we used to spend time together.

We share a spoon to eat, we go anywhere together, we do everything together.

I just want everything back to normal.

"Min-ah," I smelt the familiar sweet fruit scent of my brother as he shook me on my shoulder when I'm just covering my face on the table with my arms, "Kaja, hmm? You will stay with me tonight." He muttered softly and I sit up properly, "J-Jinjja?" My voice came out hoarse as he nodded while wiping my tears with the edge of the long sleeve shirt he is wearing; I just noticed that his hair grew longer now compare to him in Growl music video, "Bring everything you need. I'll send you to school tomorrow morning." He gave me a soft smile and I pouted while walking towards upstairs.

He helps me to carry my bag and in no time, we arrive at EXO dorm, "Aigooo, uri dongsaeng! Did you just cry?" I pouted furiously when Suho oppa saw me; he cupped my face, "She did." My brother simply answer and get my bag to his room, "Wae? Who makes you sad, hmm?" I just hugged him and he let me.

At least I feel better now that there's someone with me, "U-Uri omma." He patted my head lightly, "Gurae? Not because you miss us?" That makes me chuckle in disbelief, "Mwoya, oppa!" He chuckled too as I let go of him, "See? Uri dongsaeng looks better when she smiles, hmm?" He caresses my face lightly and I let out a genuine smile, "Arraseo, oppa." He ruffles my hair lightly before my brother came back, "If you feel tired, you can sleep first." He says while eyeing his room and I nodded.

They let me roam around the house of course; I sneaked in to Chanyeol's room and saw him playing games with Xiumin oppa, "Is this really fun?" I spoke up while popping my head in between them which they instantly yelled, "YAH, MIN JAE! YOU SCARE US!" I giggle when they jerked up from their seat the moment they saw me; as if seeing ghost.

"Oppa," I pulled out Lay's oppa earphones when he seems to be doing something on his computer as he turned to look at me; EXO-M is here too for the winter album, "Waeyo, Min Jae ah?" I pout, "I'm hungry." Since I barely ate the porridge before I throw it away, I'm starving now and is only Lay and Kyung Soo oppa can cook.

But Kyung Soo oppa is sleeping so I decided to ask Lay oppa, "What do you want to eat?" He stood up from his seat and I grinned, "Anything." I chimed while skipping my way out, following behind him to their kitchen, "Rice?" I nodded and he chuckles at my face, "Sit down and wait." I listen while sitting down at the kitchen counter as he start cooking.

He's drinking water while looking at me when I'm eating, "Oppa, did you eat today?" He nodded, "I did. Why?" I shrugged while having a spoonful of rice with the chicken he cooked, "Just, you guys always only have a meal a day. You guys might not even have the time to eat at all." He gave me a bitter smile, "Probably is a good thing that you didn't want to be an idol. Your brother would really cry if he sees you dieting. He likes to see you eating."

I just return a bitter smile too.

"Yeogi,"

I placed the signature in front of them and the two immediately screamed while grabbing it, "Omona, you really got it for us!" They crushed me into a hug and I laughed, "Ah wae? Since when Byun Min Jae will break her promise?" So Young and Jin hee gave me a cheeky smile, "Thank you!" I chuckled while wiping my face in disgust when they kissed my cheeks, "Yah, that's gross!" They laughed but Jeanne pouted, "Yah, where's mine?"

They let go of me, "It takes some time." I make a gesture with my hand, "Maybe a few more days?" She puffed out her pink plump lips so much, "Okay."

"0901."

With a thud, the locker door popped open and I saw plenty of books inside, "Aish jinjja." How can he let me carry so many books now?

I could only get it after school as I put it in to the extra bag I got.

That guy haven't even texted me ever since last week.

I simply send him one, saying that I got his books but I didn't expect him to reply me like, straight away.

'Can I get it from you tonight?'

My eyes go round and round at that, 'At where?'

Another message came in in a minute.

'Our dorm.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 16 5
This is what life could be when you marry Kim Jong Dae of EXO.
2.9M 116K 74
Yesterday, I was just staring at you. Now, you're already here, hurting me. © All Rights Reserved @thanks4dbrokenheart
4.4K 75 26
Going to the same school as your idols... Even soon become your crush Love is tough Love is hurt Complicated feelings cannot be avoid Even creates en...
20.2K 481 46
We all have different stories. But this time this is... The Story of Us.