The Death Of Me ✔️

By scribbledsomeshit

"I didn't fall for you, you fucking tripped me over." Tara thought her life turned crazy when her best friend... More

beginning
morosis
habromania
paraprosexia
leal
paroxysm
tinatangi
basorexia
imbroglio
playlist
tacenda
kilig
rantipole
lypophrenia
charmolypi
blatherskite
epoch
repartee
abience
eunoia
eccedentesiast
alharaca
selcouth
kalokagathia
ramé
confusticate
yonderly
novaturient
inmarcesible
ineffable
gorgonize
ostranenie
orphic
trouvaille
pygalgia
ardor
akrasia
gelid
ibrat
nepenthe
woolgathering
anagapesis
sphallolalia
alexithymia
nemesism
schatzi
twitterpated
virago
apodyopsis
minutiae
feullimort
haimish
agowilt
irenic
hiraeth
louring
cafuné
majime
sulit
dilkash
viridity
inara
redamancy
metanoia
naayaab
faodail
toska
mizpah
halcyon
december
pétillante
onus
atelophobia
alpas
meliorism
avyanna
noceur
matutine
eleutheromania
monophobia
dépaysement
opacus
marcid
coruscate
new work..?

diwa

5.4K 183 29
By scribbledsomeshit

Diwa
(n.) spirit, soul, sense

...

Chapter 4

—————————

                          "Two large barbecue pizza and no pork please, I'm allergic to them. Extra cheese and a lots of marinara sauce, cut the black olive. Tara doesn't like them." Justin orders and the waiters looks at me, smiling. I feign obliviousness. Some more bullshit me to deal with. Why'd he look at me and smile?

My life could be so much easier if people were just mean to me. I'm hating the male attention I'm getting lately.

"And drinks?" He asks.

"Sprite." Shawn replied.

"Coke for both of us." Justin said.

The boy nods, "Your food will be here in ten minutes. I'm getting you the drinks." He looked at me again and I nodded. I hope Justin's theory is proven wrong.

"He won't even take ten minutes." Justin informed.

Shawn smirked at me, "If he only knew what a drama queen she is."

Justin nods, as if agreeing.

"What's your problem with me?" I ask him. Shawn smiles this time, "Why do get triggered so easily?"

Rolling my eyes, I look out of the window. I'd rather be at the cafe enjoying a book and coffee.

"I heard some stuff... Would you clarify them please?" Shawn asks.

"What stuff?" Justin asks.

"Something about you and a cat." He said hesitantly. I snicker, earning a glare from Justin. "I know what you heard. It's not true, Obviously." Justin explains.

"Most importantly, its impossible. He can never fuck a cat, that's so..." I trail off not finding the suitable word. Shawn nods, while trying to stop his laughter.

"That never happened." Justin declared and I laughed again. This time Shawn joins me. Justin glares at the two of us, "I don't even find it funny."

"I heard you got dirty with an substitute teacher too? She was six years older than you." Shawn said and Justin nodded, "I agree with that."

I turn to look at Justin, his face would lit up every time he talked about that women, "She was gorgeous and enjoyed herself. I was only sixteen but I was good at what I am doing." He explained.

"But why someone so older than you?"

Justin shrugged, "She was something else..." he stopped talking when the waiter arrived with our drinks.

"Let's talk about something else." Justin said.

"Let's go to Jerry's." I shout all of a sudden. "I missed Pluto and Grayson." Justin looked convinced. Because simple, it was a good idea.

"Jerry, Pluto and Grayson?" Shawn inquires. "Who are they?"

"You'll find out once we get there." Justin answered. We didn't waste a lot of time after making up our minds. Justin's theory was proved right, our order arrived, but in take-out boxes. Then we set off to Jerry's. Oh, how much I missed Pluto and Grayson!

Fifteen minutes later, we were pulling into a public parking lot. And Shawn being the disgrace he is, questioned, "I don't see anyone in here?"

I turn around in my seat, "Shut that mouth, no one's interested."

His eyes zeroed at me, "Who asked you?"

"Don't fight. Fucking bitchsquealers." Justin unbuckled his seatbelt and I burst out laughing. When I was reading Will Grayson Will Grayson, I told Justin about this word. Just as I had assumed, he liked it and now uses it pretty frequently. Couldn't be anymore proud of myself. Totally.

We piled out of the car. We weren't at the richest part of town. This place was shabby, like if downtown had a downtown, this would be it. We don't dare coming here after the sunsets. Florida's speciality, all those mugs crawl out at night. And me? I love my life.

"Which one of you wants to get kidnapped?" Shawn joked. Justin and I replied in unison, "Shut up"

"Jesus, you two are two crude animals. With no heart or anything. I'm just a newbie here if you forgot. What did I ever do wrong, huh?"

Justin and I didn't pay him much attention. We took another right turn and came across this shabby looking hut. This place looked like, if you step a foot in there once, you'll never make it out alive. But inside that house, lives Jerry. The kindest man we know. Sort of.

"I'm not getting in there." I heard Shawn. Cue to the eye roll.

"What a chicken." I comment.

"It isn't wrong to care for yourself. Look at this place."

Justin and I turn to face him, "Shut up."

Justin reaches out for the door and pushes it slightly. You couldn't imagine having a knob to this door. The familiar voice of puppies bark rang in my ears. Shoving Justin to side, I barged in like a madwoman, "Pluto! Grayson!"

Then I saw them. The two angels making their way to me. One of them ran straight into a lamppost, but the other made it. I crouch down smiling as he started barking happily. He was indeed happy. His tail wouldn't stop wiggling. I held his face with my hands, feeling his soft fur. "Lemme guess, Pluto?"

He barked and I smiled too. Then I checked the name tag on his collar. He was indeed Pluto. God only knows, they get dramatic when I say the name wrong. By the time I was done with Pluto, Grayson had recovered and made it to me.

"Oh Grayson! Did it hurt baby?"

He just barks and tries to lick me. I hoist them on my lap. I'm the happiest with them, without a doubt. On the other side Justin was tackled to the ground by five or six brown puppies. The same wiggle of the tale, same barking and licking. Just how we like it.

"What the hell?" Shawn asked. I turned around. "It's Jerry's place. He finds miserable puppies and gives them shelter." The puppies who had tackled Justin, their mother, as we like to call her Emmy was certainly not happy to see Shawn there. When she started barking at him, all her children came beside her and started barking. Shawn looked completely freaked out. What a sight to behold.

"Umm..guys? Help?" He said nervously.

"Dogs are harmless. What could they do?" He looked at me as if I told him earth is flat. "They cause diphtheria!" He shrieked out. I wanted to laugh.

"Cats cause diphtheria." I corrected. 

The door to hit creaked open. "You two again?" I hear a very familiar voice.

Justin cleared his throat, "Three actually. We brought pizza."

Walked in the balding Jerry, facial hair covering up most of his not so attractive face. His clothes were like rags, it smelled. But it's not like he would ever accept our help. All the doggies started barking really loudly when they saw him.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Shut up you lot. I didn't miss you."

Pluto in my arms let out a small woof. Jerry's eyes zeroed on me. "What is that you want pest? I don't want you here."

I rolled my eyes. "I know you love me Jerry. I was missing these two." I say pointing to animals on my lap. "So we came to visit. It's not like you were gonna do something interesting."

He glared at me like he always did. Then he noticed Shawn, cornered against the wall while Emmy had a stare down with him. "Alright bitch, back off." Jerry told Emmy. I mean, him calling Emmy a bitch was justified. That's what they are called right? Emmy was used to two names, so she backed off.

"Who's this raccoon here? I'm sure he pissed his pants." Jerry said as he eyed him up and down. "I think so too." I chimed in.

"Shawn. Shawn St.Claire." He smoothed out his shirt, trying to look normal. "Nice to meet you."

Jerry looked away in disgust. As if Shawn was a tramp and he was not. "Yeah whatever, pet the dogs and get out of here. Don't come back again. I keep telling these two but they never listen."

"Aren't you the sweetest Jerry? Now, I know you ate nothing from this morning so come, let's have some pizza. Don't tell me you don't want my money. It's not like I'm paying you. Its a one time thing. Untwist your knickers." Justin ordered around as he took a seat on a dusty chair. He opened the box and the house filled with aroma. I took out my phone and took several photos of Pluto and Grayson.

"Don't come back here ever again." Jerry said as he helped himself a slice of the pizza. Over the days, Justin and I figured out, this was his way of showing gratitude.

We shared with Pluto, Grayson, Emmy and others. "We should come here often. No?" Justin asks me. I nod but can't reply. My mouth was filled with food.

"Never again." Jerry said in a flat tune.

"I agree." Shawn said earning a glare from Justin and me.

We didn't leave till late afternoon. Pluto barks so loudly every time we leave. My heart aches for him. Oh how badly I want to take him home with me but if I do I won't have a home anymore. Mom will kick me out.

"I'm in the mood for a trip to beach. Say what?" Justin offers. I was about to answer but my phone started ringing. It was mom calling.

"Hey mom." I greet after answering the call.

"Honey where are you? You're not home." Mom stated and I sigh, she was home early today.

"I'm with Justin." I inform.

"I was thinking of spending some time with you sweetie, can you make it? Since we both are horrible cooks we'll go to some restaurant and eat Chinese. What do you think?" Her words made me smile. When was the last time mom and I did something like that? I can't remember.

"I would love to mom."

Mom laughed lightly, "Why don't you bring Justin too? I almost forgot how he looks." I laughed and turned to Justin, "You wanna join mom and me for dinner?"

He grinned, "Obviously." He said loudly and mom heard him. "I can't wait to see you beautiful." He said and mom laughed.

"Tell her I'll be joining too." Shawn added. I narrow my eyes at him.

"And there's gonna be another guy too mom." I say and I hear mom faintly gasping.

"Your boyfriend?" She asked.

I roll my eyes, "No sugar daddy. I'll see you, text me the address."

We hung up and Justin, Shawn and I headed out for the beach. It was only ten minutes away.

"You flirt with her mom too?" Shawn asked with a raised brow.

"Teresa loves me more than Tara. I call her beautiful and the name doesn't do her justice." Justin explains. I agree my mom is beautiful but Justin was sugarcoating it, Obviously.

"Coordinated names? Cute." Shawn said with a smirk.

"You've got a problem with everything I do." I snap at him.

"No way, I said it was cute." Shawn answered.

I roll my eyes, "You were mocking me, asshole."

"Don't start a fight." Justin warns.

**

"Stop embarrassing me mom, please." I whine. The whole table just laughed at me. I was as red as my soda cup and it was all caused by mom.

Aren't they supposed to protect you and love you and make you yummy food? And buy you pretty dresses? Then why is my mom making a fool out of me? That too in front of so many people?

Okay, not so many.

Justin is Justin. He knows almost everything about me and then there's Shawn. He moved from Chicago, not even a week ago and knows a lot of embarrassing things about me. If that wasn't enough we have Gray. He's mom's colleague and he had decided on joining us.

They all know I did the dirty in my bed till grade two. By dirtying I mean, peeing. Ugh. I feel embarrassed, so very embarrassed.

They know I had the weird fetish of getting married by the beach, what? I think they are cute but mom didn't need to tell this. And then she told them who my first crush was. Much to my discomfort, she spilled all the beans.

Oh, if you're wondering who it was, its a waiter that had served me the first time I had been to restaurant. I don't even remember his face. But, mom does. She told them about Christopher, my boyfriend in grade one, who stole his mom's ring to propose me.

I had said yes.

"I assume you were a cutie." Gray Says with a smile and I smile back, "You're just too kind to find me weird."

"Gotta give you that, you were cute when you were younger and now, well you're a..." Justin trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"A witch?" Shawn suggested and I glare at him. The table just laughs. I stab a piece of chicken with my fork and put it in my mouth. What's a better cure to your pissed off mood than yummy food?

"Tell me something about you Shawn, I've met you for the first time." Mom said and I looked at him warily, I was a bit curios to know things about him.

"Nothing interesting about me actually, just moved to Florida from Chicago. I'm trying to live life and finish school with my cousin." Shawn replied and look down at his plate. I put more food in my mouth, "And?" I ask. Why did I do that! I don't know. It was a major slip of tongue.

Shawn raised a brow at me, "And? Well, I'm eighteen, five feet and eleven inches and I weight seventy kilos." He finished with a smirk. I roll my eyes and look away, I'm so stupid.

"Want to know more? I had two girlfriends, I like pizza and pizza only. I'm an American but burger isn't my thing. My favorite place to visit is Italy and I got my driving license last year." He said. I furrow my eyebrows, can he be anymore annoying? I just asked a simple question, which he should've ignored or brushed off.

"I drive an Audi. I love playing basket ball like Justin does. My favorite subject is physics and I learnt swimming when I was eight. I love to spend time.." I stop him, holding my hand up.

"Quit being a jerk sometimes, it would be good for your health." I tell him.

"Tara, don't be so rude. He was just fooling." Mom interrupted.

"It's fine Teresa. I'm used her rude behavior now." Shawn shrugged and I glared at him. Justin let out a quiet snort. "Tara is like this, I'm aware. Call me the next time she behaves like she shouldn't." Mom tells him and he nods.

I shake my head, "You're supposed to be on my side." I tell mom.

"Tara is young and that's how young people are, let her be Teresa. Let her enjoy her life." Gray said with a kind smile. I smile at him and look at mom to see her rolling her eyes.

"Enjoying life and having manners are two different things."

"I think, my manners are really good and glittery mom." I inform.

"But the last time I checked,.." Shawn started.

"Shut up!" I snap at him.

"Tara!" Mom exclaims.

Shawn shrugs. Justin laughs. I sigh.

...

Till next time babies

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.2K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
152K 3.1K 47
Lucy isn't an ordinary gang leader. Most gang leaders are boys but she was an exception. She's a strong and independent girl and a powerful leader. L...
1.1M 23.4K 22
"You two are so fucking annoying!" I screamed slamming my bedroom door shut. "Back at you sweetheart!" Calum called from outside my room. My brother...
39.3K 955 12
What happens when ( A wild ,tough guy who got expelled from his previous school ) got a chance in the new school. Lisa ( a total opposite of The ne...