My Fool

By WildestCreativety

He brings danger, sure. He has insecurities, sure. He doesn't think he deserves help, sure. But maybe, just m... More

Chapter 1 - Who is he?
Chapter 2 - Backfired
Chapter 4 - Support
Chapter 5 - The scars
Chapter 6 - Aaron's apology
Chapter 7 - Gaining trust
Chapter 8 - Just when things were going great..
Chapter 9 - Falsely accused
Chapter 10 - Arrested?
Chapter 11 - Getting him out of there
Chapter 12 - The confession
Chapter 13 - A day to relax
Chapter 14 - A movie date to remember
Chapter 15 - Sudden interruption
Chapter 16 - Unknown missunderstanding
Oopsie woopsie, quick but important message!!
Chapter 17 - All went well...?
!! I M P O R T A N T !!
Chapter 18 - Feelings
Chapter 19 - Regretful compromise..

Chapter 3 - New roommate

490 19 8
By WildestCreativety

Sam's P.O.V
I woke up this morning thinking about yesterday, and almost forgot the fact that I allowed Colby to sleep over. I rub my eyes and slowly sit up. I look around and realize the house is quiet again. However, it was really early in the morning so I supposed it was nothing.

I walked out my room and decide to check up on our newest roommate. The door slides open, letting out an awful sound. I really need to fix this door someday. I peak inside the room to see if Colby was sleeping or not. I'm surprised he's still sleeping after that creek coming from the door. I smile slightly, kinda happy that he seemed to be comfortable. I close the door to his room again and start heading to check on the others. I saw Corey in the living room, editing one of his videos. He knew I was around, but didn't shoot me a single glance. I kinda understood why. But the big question is..

Did he tell Aaron?

"Hey Corey-"
"Don't talk to me, I'm busy" he abruptly interrupted. Trying to sound the least rude, however it didn't work at all. He was straight out rude, and it came in waves. I simply shrugged however, hiding the fact I was hurt by that. I turn towards the kitchen and suddenly - from nowhere - Aaron appeared. Standing with crossed arms and staring me down. His posture way more intimidating than Corey's or Colby's yesterday. He wasn't happy, that's for sure. From that moment, I know he's been told.

"Oh hey, Aaron. Everything okay?" I ask softly, trying to hide all nervousity flowing through my body. I wasn't good at doing that at all, and Aaron soon speaks.

"You can't be serious Sam" He starts. I feel small, almost like a ant in this moment. I kept my eyes locked with Aaron's though.
"He needed a place-"
"He is a bad person Sam! Manipulative, ignorant and straight out evil" Aaron yelled. Uncrossing his arms and staring straight into my eyes. It made me back away slightly, and Corey shot glances our way now and then.

"But you weren't here yesterday to hear his side-"
"Doesn't matter!" He shouts, repeatingly interrupting me while talking. It made me slightly irritated. I know Aaron was the culprit this time around, but anyone of us could have been the one to have been kidnapped. And he came back in one piece.
"Aaron. Listen to-"
"No Sam, there-"
"LISTEN" I raise. Aaron was the one to shut up this time around. Staring at me in a relatively composed way. I could see every muscle in his face holding back his anger however, and I closed my eyes. Collecting myself.
Then opened them again.

"Colby is asleep right now. And I get it Aaron, you were kidnapped by him. I knew so when I offered him to stay too. However, his reason for doing this in the first place wasn't to bring violence.." I started, and you could see the 'I-don't-believe-a-thing' expression plastered on his face.

"Bullshit" Aaron spat. Corey observed us still, and suddenly gazed towards the stairs.

Colby.

"Guys.." Corey spoke up softly. I whipped my head around to look at Corey and Aaron glanced over at him too. He was pointing towards the stairs, and I suddenly met with sad, blue eyes. Aaron was now dumbfounded, standing there not saying a thing. I wanted to say something but I didn't have to. Colby started walking down the rest of the steps and walk up to me and Aaron. He had dark circles under his eyes, which made me kinda surprised. I thought he had finally gotten a good night's sleep.

"Punch me" He suddenly says. He was straight on looking into Aaron's eyes, and the sadness turned to pure seriousness. Aaron was super caught off guard by his order and became kinda averting. I tried to talk to Colby, however he just pushed me back gently.

"Do it, Aaron" he spoke again. The sharpness of his blue eyes intensifying. Aaron swallowed and looked around. It seemed to me like Aaron was considering it, and I swear if he hurt him because Colby tells him too—

Smack.

My eyes widen. A super intense slap had been added onto Colby's cheek, and Colby even fell down to the floor in an instant thanks to it. He didn't move an inch however afterwards, and just laid there. Aaron looked like he wanted to apologize, but he didn't. I stared at Aaron.

"Why did you—"
"Now kick me. Make me bruised, and give me the same pain I gave you" Colby whispered. I stared down at Colby, and he had this broken- fake smile plastered on his face. Tears gushing out his eyes, and I realized why he had dark circles under his eyes.

He had cried.

"No, wait, Aaron. Don't. Just apologize to him-"
Aaron whips his head around to face me as if I had said something dastardly.
"For what? That he kidnapped me? Don't you see how stupid this all is?!" Aaron shouted at me. Colby sat up a little and rubbed his cheek, while I and Aaron started bickering.

Me: "He didn't intend for the kidnapping to be this serious! He wanted help but had no other way of finding attention"
Aaron: "So I don't have my rights to be angry at him?! A person who had the bravery to kidnap someone isn't a good person, ever"

It kept going up until Colby interrupts again. We both act on it and stare at him, who seemed to be a mixture of lots of emotions. Anger, sadness, shock, stress and so on.

"Can you two stop? I didn't mean to crash this place at all. It wasn't even on my list when I returned yesterday and honestly I still can't understand why Sam here would let me in. I did something awful to you, Aaron. I wanted you to hurt me like I hurt you so we're on the same level. I deserve the hits and pain more than you do. Actually, you don't deserve any pain at all" Colby ranted softly. Aaron was staring at him in slight disbelief and felt nervous about it all. Confused, even.

"I know that you're only trying to get on our good side so you can attack us later" Aaron spat. Colby got that genuine look of hurt in his eyes after that which even got Aaron to feel slight regret. He didn't admit that however.

"No. I may be a very loose and risky person, and maybe even slightly dangerous. But I would never sink that low, especially after what Sam just gave me" Colby whispered. He then turned his heels and walks upstairs again, leaving both me and Aaron completely speechless. I looked at Aaron, and crossed my arms.

"I don't trust him, Aaron, but I don't think he would kill us in our sleep" I expressed, then I turned my heels and went after him. I have mixed emotions for sure, but I'm starting to feel like Colby can be trusted. If only for a small bit.

I walked up to the door of his room and knocked gently, hearing a very faint sniffle and a 'yeah?' appearing. I furrowed my brows and pushed down the door handle, opening the creaky door to spot him with crossed legs sitting on the bed. He was looking down at the floor right past the edge of the bed. I sat down beside him and sat there in silence for a while.

"You've been crying..?" I ask slowly and surely, glancing at Colby. Colby was quietly just staring at nothing until he was ready to speak as well.
"Yeah. It's been rough.. with my friends leaving again and all. You have no idea, Sam.. none of your friends do either" Colby whispered honestly. I sighed and scratched my neck softly.

"Maybe we don't understand, and maybe Corey and Aaron isn't willing to learn.. but I am, Colby. You can trust me, for real" I explain, and suddenly move my hand to place it over Colby's knee. Colby perks and looks down at my hand, an awkward silence spreading in the air. After a short while I pull away and nervously let out a chuckle.

"I mean it" I spoke quickly. Colby smiled for himself quickly and then nodded, letting the smile fade away quickly.

"I know.. I have a feeling you're quite different. Especially after literally letting me stay after what I've done to your friend. I find it weird, Sam. How come you don't agree with them about this?" Colby whispered questioningly, looking at me. I meet with Colby's eyes and sigh gently.

"Because I've always been different, Colby. I dare to take that one step forward if it means I get to help somebody. Sure, you scared the shit out of me and Corey after doing that to Aaron, but you never killed him like a real mean person does. And you didn't hurt him more than I believed you would. Colby, you're familiar to me. You also dare to take that extra step, even if it means you have to hurt to get what you need to survive. I wouldn't hurt someone however, but it's a familiar strive" I explained softly. Colby listened to me closely.

"I've done worse" Colby suddenly said, and his expression became cold for a solid minute. It made my whole body shiver and I keep looking at him.
"You have?" I ask daringly after a while. Colby's cold expression fades quickly and his face expression is overcome with regret. He looks down at his dry looking hands.

"Yes, Sam. I'm not an innocent person. I haven't killed someone, but.. I've been close to a lot of times. There is something in me that get's triggered sometimes, and believe me- I wish it wasn't there" Colby explained softly, trying to maintain calm behavior to an extent. I felt a small fear run through my veins, but I didn't avoid him. I remained next to him, for some reason.

"How come you became homeless?" I ask daringly, after thinking for a while. Colby's hands intertwined with each other tightly after I had spilled the question. My stomach twisted and turned seeing that.

"My parents kicked me out and told me to stay far, far away from them.. I don't blame them. I'm not safe, Sam" Colby said, his voice shaking nervously. I couldn't help but to wrap my arms around him comfortingly. This caused Colby to tense up and stay tensed for a solid two minutes, until he felt he could relax and wrapped his shaky arms around me as well.

"It's literally been years since I've hugged someone" Colby excused softly. I chuckled gently.
"Hugs are important in my opinion. It makes people happy" I explained. Colby smiled, openly this time. His eyes sparkling with happiness. Which made me even happier than what I currently was.

"And don't worry, Colby. I'll be here. Because from this day on, I am your friend. A friend you can rely on, talk to and hug whenever you wish. Sounds good?" I asked. Smiling warmly. Colby's expression said more than thousand words, as he starts tearing up at what I had just now said. He was frozen in place. Unable to move or speak. So I chuckled and hugged him once again.

"I'll take that as a confirmative yes" I whispered warmly.
Suddenly, the door to Colby's room opened up drastically, so we both pulled away as quickly as we could and became kinda embarrassed about what just had happened. Blushing deeply. I looked over at whoever it was, and saw Aaron. He was clearly still upset about the whole thing. Corey was right behind him as well. Both of them entered the room, and closed the door after them.

"Colby can stay" Aaron spoke firstly. My whole face shone up in happiness and Colby was happy as well, but then got interrupted by Corey speaking up.

"But-.." He starts, then let's Aaron continue again.

"He will have to prove that he's not going to turn on us. Which means, if you pass living here for a year - you're free to basically live here forever" Aaron continued. Looking into Colby's eyes, and Colby had a serious expression plastered on his face. He nods, and I'm surprised that he did.

"Sure. I can do that" Colby confirmed. I could see the uncertainty in his eyes however, and knew he was worried to loose it. I put my hand on his knee again reassuringly and he looks at me, blushing lightly. I smile at him, and he smile as well, aware that I'll always support him.

Always.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.9K 1.5K 34
Sam and Colby have been best friends since they were little; they both secretly loved the other. What happens when one of them gets the other pregnan...
1.3K 39 11
solby enemies to lovers 🧍‍♀️ told in lowercase sorry babes 😗 uhm a general overview: colby hates sam and they are put next to eachother on the pla...
32.6K 1.1K 20
He was warned. He was told. But he still had his intentions.. --- Colby Brock was a new student at Humphrey High School, where he met the best of peo...
42.1K 835 15
[completed]✔ Sam and Colby have been best friends for nearly 5 years. People have always joked around with them about them being in a relationship be...