Had to be Dyson

By writerbug44

"It had to be Dyson who was working the late shift at the Subway in the mall's food court with me during the... More

Chapter- 1
Chapter- 2
Chapter- 3
Chapter- 5
Chapter- 6
Chapter- 7
Chapter- 8
Chapter- 9
Chapter- 10
Chapter- 11
Chapter- 12
Chapter- 13
Chapter- 14
Chapter- 15
Chapter- 16
Chapter- 17
Chapter- 18
Chapter- 19
Chapter- 20
Chapter- 21
Chapter- 22
Chapter- 23
Chapter- 24
Chapter- 25
Chapter- 26

Chapter- 4

117K 4.8K 1.3K
By writerbug44

“Okay, I’m not doing this.” I said backing away from the two wheeled contraption in front of me.

Dyson chuckled. “Don’t wimp out now. Just hold down the clutch thingy and you’re all good.”

“Dyson, it’s not assuring when you call it a thingy.” I said.

He shrugged. “Well, I’m going to do it. So smell ya later.” He said with a smirk as he stepped onto his Segway and zoomed down the hallway.

I took a deep breath. “Okay. I can do this. I can do this.” I took one last deep breath before stepping onto the Segway and putting my hand on the ‘clutch thingy’. I let out a soft shriek as it jolted me forward but then evened out into a steady pace. It was actually really fun.

I zoomed after Dyson, squeezing the clutch a little harder so that I could go faster. I saw him down the hallway, I was close to him. The faster I went, my hair started flipping around and falling out of the bun I had put it in. I couldn’t help but erupt in giggles as I zoomed past the gates of the stores. How many people can say that they've done this?

I noticed that I was getting closer to Dyson and decided to catch him in a corner. I turned a corner that he didn’t and smirked to myself that he was burying himself deeper into my trap as he kept going. I sped up just a little bit more as I moved and quickly turned another corner before seeing him about to turn around in the dead end but I came up behind him and smirked.

“A little lost are you?” I asked with a chuckle as I stopped a few feet away from him.

He scowled at me. “Well played.”

I chuckled. “Why, thank you.”

“I’ll make you a deal.” He said, squinting suspiciously at me.

“Start talking.” I said, my smirk growing.

“I give you five seconds to start running. If I catch you within five minutes, I win. If I don’t, you win.” He said.

“What happens if I win?” I asked, knowing that I can easily beat this air head.

“If you win, I’ll stop hitting on you.”

I snorted. “Yeah, right.”

“I have some will power.” He said defensively.

“Okay. And if you win?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

He smirked and took a step closer to me. “I get a kiss. And not that kissing the cheek shit. On the lips.”

My smirk faltered. “Th-that’s…” I trailed off.

“What’s the matter? Afwaid?” He asked in a childish voice.

I glared at him. “I am not afraid.” I snapped.

He smiled and started walking backwards towards his Segway. “Then time starts now.”

I huffed before bouncing back onto my own Segway and pulling the clutch and jolting forward before flying down the hall.

“Think, Tyler, think.” I said to myself, trying to run the map of the mall through my head. I heard Dyson start his Segway and come after me. I smiled to myself, realizing that I was pretty far ahead of him.

I sped up and focused on my balance so that I didn’t tip over. I turned down the narrow hallway that held the back doors to some stores and the restrooms. I kept going and turned down the hallway further. I could see the opening on the other side, emptying out into the regular shopping isle only across the mall from where Dyson is. It’s kind of like a short cut.

Just as I got to the opening I let out a screech as a hand appeared in between the handle bars on my Segway, immediately stopping me. I looked up to see Dyson smirking down at me.

“And it only took three minutes.” He said with a grin.

“How’d you do that?!” I shrieked. 

He shrugged and leaned in closer to me so that his lips brushed against my ear as he spoke. “That’s my secret, babe.”

I rolled my eyes and refused to let my face falter. “Fine, whatever.” I muttered. Yeah, Tyler. Brilliant.

“So. I’m waiting for that kiss.” He said with a confident smile.

I grinned. “Rain check.” I chirped, leaving my Segway and running back down the narrow hallway, erupting in giggles. I made a sharp turn out of the narrow hallway and quickly dodged a cellphone cover kiosk as I heard Dyson running after me.

“I’m faster than you!” He yelled confidently.

I chuckled. “In your dreams!” I yelled back, not slowing down. I’m captain of the varsity soccer team and I play softball. I can easily out run a stupid football player.

I stopped at the sports store and immediately had an idea. I hurried into the store that was already unlocked since it’s where we got the walky talkies. I hurried in and grabbed the first skateboard that I saw. Yeah, I can skateboard. I’m kind of a tom boy, if you haven’t noticed. Before I could exit the store, I heard him closing in. In a panic, I dove into the center of a circular rack of hunting jackets. I pulled the skateboard close to me so that it was hidden with me in the middle of all of the clothes.

“Tyler, I know you’re in here.” Dyson sang, coming into the store.

I cupped a hand over my mouth to stop myself from bursting into laughter as he walked by the rack. When he passed the rack and went further into the store, I planned my escape. I counted to three and jumped out of the rack when he was too far away to react. I leaped into the hallway and jumped onto the skateboard and glided down the hallway as fast as I could. And not to toot my own horn or anything… but I’m pretty fast.

“When you least expect it, Tyler.” He called behind me.

I turned around and flashed a grin and a wink his way. “Don’t count on it, babe.” I called, turning back around and speeding down the hall, quickly passing the locked stores. When I got to the food court, I stopped at the information desk and grabbed the phone, remembering that I forgot to call home before we went on a search for the Segways.

I hopped off of the skateboard and bounced into the office chair that Janice, the help clerk, usually sits in. She’s kind of old, but she’s super nice. I grabbed the phone and quickly dialed my best friend, Toni’s house phone number.

After a few rings, somebody answered. “Hello?” It wasn’t Toni, it was her older brother.

“Hey, Chris.” I chirped.

“Tyler?!” He gasped.

“Uh, hiya.” I said slowly.

“Dude, you’re all over the news. Well, you were until the power went out. Where the hell are you?” He asked.

I groaned. This is way too much attention. “It’s a long story. Is Toni there?” I asked.

He chuckled. “Yeah, sure.”

I waited a minute while he got Toni to the phone and I braced myself for the screaming.

“Oh my goodness, Tyler! Where the hell are you? Your mom is worried sick and so am I!”

“Don’t freak out when I tell you.” I said, even though I knew she was going to.

I put the phone on speaker phone so the shrieking wouldn’t be right in my ear. “Okay. Promise.”

“I’m stuck in the mall with Dyson Becker.” I said as fast as I could.

For a minute it was silent until… “OH MY GOSH! WHAT?!” Her voice radiated through the food court.

“I’m stuck in the mall with Dyson Becker.” I repeated, slower.

“Dyson? The guy that you are sexually frustrated with?” She asked with a giggle.

“Toni!” I shrieked. “I am not sexually frustrated with anybody and especially not with Dyson Becker.”

“Mhm, keep telling yourself that.” She said skeptically.

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah.”

“I’m telling you. You two just need to have sex and you’ll stop fighting.”

“I’m not going to do that.” I chuckled.

“Yeah, yeah. Ya, prude.”

“I’m not prude!” I shrieked.

“Sure. So, what’s it like?”

“Well, we had to sleep in a closet together last night.”

“Holy. Crap.” She said, luckily not too loud but it was still on speaker phone. “Did he hit on you?”

“He’s Dyson. Of course he hit on me, he hits on anything that breathes.”

“So how was it?”

“Miserable.” I muttered.

“What? Why?”

“Toni… what do not have in Subway closets?”

“Uhm… I give up. What?”

“Sleeping pills, Tone. I didn’t have sleeping pills and I fell asleep.” I muttered. Thankfully, Toni is the only person that knows about my past.

I heard her gasp. “So what happened?” She asked gently.

“Well, I woke him up sobbing like a little baby.” I muttered.

“Did he laugh? If he laughed I’m going to punch him so hard-“

“No, Tone.” I said quickly, cutting her off. “He was actually really nice about it. He barely asked any questions, too. Don’t expect that to last long.”

“You never know, maybe he has a heart after all. And maybe he cares about you.” She teased

I snorted. “Yeah. The day that Dyson Becker cares about me is the day that I get a purple monkey named Steve.” Before she could say something back, I added. “I’ll tell you everything when I get out. Call my mom and tell her what’s up. Love you, bye.” I hung up the phone before she could respond then laid my head on the desk, using my arms as pillows.

“I have to agree with her.” Dyson’s voice pierced through the silence.

I jumped up and watched him walking towards me. “About the sexual tension, I mean.” He said with a small smirk.

I rolled my eyes. “Really? Because I couldn’t disagree more.”

He rolled his eyes. “So it’s not just me who thinks you’re prude, huh?” He asked, sitting on the desk in front of me.

I stood to my feet and shot him the dirtiest scowl I could muster. “How much did you hear?” I snapped.

He shrugged. “All of it starting with ‘Hey, Chris.’” He said in a falsetto girl voice.

“I do not sound like that.” I growled.

He sighed. “I didn’t know you could skateboard.” He changed the subject. He does that a lot.

“Yeah, you don’t know a lot about me.” I muttered, grabbing the skateboard again, ready to bolt.

“Yeah, like what?” He asked with a raised eyebrow.

I jumped onto the board and glided through the food court towards the Subway. “I’m not telling you.”

“And why not?” He asked as I yanked one of the Salt and Vinegar chips off of the rack with a cookie, then sat down at nearby table.

“Because I don’t like you.” I said sternly, opening the bag of chips as Dyson sat across from me and looked at me like he was waiting for me to keep talking.

“So? You still could have told me that you skateboard. It’s kind of hot.” He said with a wink.

“Maybe that’s why I didn’t tell you.” I muttered.

“Oh, right. Because you’re prude.”

“Stop calling me that!” I snapped.

He shrugged carelessly. “It’s true.”

“You don’t even know me.” I growled, starting on the bag of chips.

“I know enough to know that you’re a prude.” He shot back. “You’ve had, what? Three boyfriends in the past year. It’s pathetic.” I only dated two guys in the past year, but I wasn’t about to correct him now.

“Just because I’m not a whore like you doesn’t make me a prude.” I barked. “And two relationships wouldn’t be a lot to you because your relationships only last for one night!”

“Hey, don’t get touchy with me just because you’re a bitter virgin.”

“And how on earth would you know how many guys I’ve dated? What, are you counting?” I scoffed, ignoring what he said.

“Yep.” He chirped. “Because I’m jealous.” He said sarcastically. “Who wouldn’t be jealous of a guy who’s dating a bitter prude and never gets laid.” He said with a smirk.

I let out an annoyed huff of air and finished off the bag of chips while I opened my hand out in front of him. “Give me the keys.”

“What?”

“Give. Me. The. Keys.” I repeated, only slower.

“Why?”

“Because I want to get away from you.” I snapped.

He sighed deeply before handing me the keys. I snatched them out of his hands before turning around and preparing to hop onto the skateboard and hurry away.

I turned around to face Dyson who was looking up at me, waiting for me to leave. I smirked, “It’s cute how you think I’m a virgin.” I said with a wink before turning back around and zooming away on the skateboard.

If he thinks I’m such a prude… he’s in for a rude awakening.

_____________________________________

I hope you like it so far? (:

I won't have an upload this Wednesday, I'll be out of town, so I might upload two on Sunday...

Good night.. or morning.. or day :P

Vote, Comment, Fan <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.3K 2.4K 57
-Sequel to The Quarterback Likes Me?- Must read The Quarterback Likes Me? before reading this book. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ______________ Van...
110K 2K 10
There have been a little more of Vox X Reader Fanfiction, so I thought why not join in. I'm not the only one who is falling in love with these Overlo...
618K 14.4K 29
I'm Bella Brookes, your ordinary nerdy girl, who got bullied in school, who got called names, who cried all thanks to the bad boy. Until a day, when...
14.7M 418K 24
Reed Hadley would gladly spend her day holed up in her room with her dog, watching horror movies or surfing the internet on her trusty laptop. Too ba...