The Greek Tycoon's Baby

By CuteBabyGirl

Evelyn White is in love with her boss, Alexander Stefopoulos. Has been since the first month she began workin... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Revelations
Chapter 2: What did she say?
Chapter 3: The meeting
Chapter 4: A new day
Chapter 5: Unexpected guests
Chapter 6: Wedding Preparations
Chapter 7: Her past
Chapter 8: One step closer to the wedding
Chapter 9: A day with her
Chapter 10: Doubts
Chapter 11: Before the wedding
Chapter 12: The wedding
Chapter 13: Honeymoon
Chapter 14: Going with the plan
Chapter 15: Trouble in paradise
Chapter 16: Sudden Discoveries
Chapter 17: Things going downhill
Chapter 18: Betrayal
Chapter 20: Finding you
Chapter 21: Early welcome
Epilogue

Chapter 19: The Truth

421K 12.7K 1K
By CuteBabyGirl

Alexander's POV

''Coming! Stop pounding on the door!'' I yelled.

Holding my head with one hand I descended the stairs going to the door. Who the hell is at this hour? People are sleeping. I yanked the door opened ready to yell to whoever it was. I had a terrible night and I needed some sleep.

''Wh- Owen? What are you doing here this early?''

''Is Evelyn here?'' he asked and walked in the house.

''Good morning to you, too. I'm fine. Thanks for asking. Please come in.'' I said sarcastically and closed the door.

''It's not the time for sarcasm. Is your wife here?''

''I don't know. Why?''

''Are you serious now?''

''What?''

''If you forgot it, you two are married which means that you're sleeping in the same bed. You should know if she's here or not.''

''Firstly, we didn't sleep together last night because we had a fight and secondly, how am I supposed to know if she's here or not from the fact that she's in the same room as me? She could be in the bathroom for all I know.'' I said irritated going to the kitchen to make coffee.

The events of last night came back to me. After the fight, I went to one of the guest rooms and emptied the bottle of whiskey. I admit that I crossed the line last light, but that doesn't change the fact that Evelyn lied to me.

''You had a fight? Again?'' Owen asked following me.

''Yes. Why? Is there a problem?'' I replied glaring him.

''Yes, but that's not the problem right now. Go find Evelyn. I need to talk to her.''

''Why?''

''I want to ask her something about Nadia.''

''You had to come this early for that?''

''What early? It's almost ten.''

''What? I thought it was seven.''

''Yeah, right. Now go upstairs to see if Evelyn is here.'' he said pushing me to the stairs.

''Okay, okay. No need to push me. I was going to anyways. I have to get dressed.'' I told him and went upstairs.

It was a little weird the house to be this quiet at this hour. Evelyn usually goes to the cafe around eleven. She was probably still sleeping. I'll go into our room, get a change of clothes, wake her up and leave. It was a good plan. However, the moment I opened the door and stepped into the room, an uneasy feeling appeared in the pit of my stomach.

Her bed was made up and the closet's door was open. I went to get my clothes, but the only thing I could see was that all her clothes were not in there. Looking around the room I realized that all her belongings were missing. I didn't know what to think. Where did she go? Changing really quickly into a pair of jeans and a shirt, I run downstairs.

''Well?'' he asked.

''She's not upstairs.'' I replied.

''Then, she'll be at the cafe.''

''I don't think so.''

''What?''

''Her things are missing, Owen. She left.''

''Evelyn as well?''

''Who else has left?''

''Nadia. I don't know where she is. Her landlord told me that she left this morning.''

Now I'm starting to worry. Why did she leave? She should have stayed and explained to me.

'Yeah because you gave her a chance to do that.' my mind said sarcastically.

Maybe I was a little harsh and said things I didn't mean.

'Like calling her a whore?' my mind said.

I admit that part wasn't very good. I know that I was her first, but she had a lover with whom she must have slept for sure.

But of course. How haven't I thought of that?

''Come on, Owen. I know where we can go to find out where our women went.'' I said already grabbing my car keys.

''Where are we going?'' he asked following me.

''To Michael Devenson's company.'' I replied while unlocking my car.

''What does this have to do with him?''

''It does. Will you come with me or with your own car?'' I asked getting in my car.

''With mine. You better explain yourself when we get there.'' he demanded and got in his car.

I tried calling Evelyn, but I was directed to voice-mail. Twenty minutes later we were outside Devenson's company. I walked inside with Owen next to me determined to see that bastard and demand to tell me where my wife is. She's mine. She is married to me, not to him.

''I'm sorry, gentlemen, but you can't go in right now. Mr. Devenson isn't here.'' his secretary told us.

I didn't really listen to her. I just opened his office door and walked in. I didn't believe her when she said that he wasn't here, but she was telling the truth.

''I told you that you can't go in. Please wait outside.'' the woman said.

She was starting to get on my nerves. If she continues, she will see the bad side of me very soon.

''Look, I'm here to see your boss and I won't go anywhere until he comes back.'' I said and sat on one of the armchairs.

Owen did the same. The woman just sighed and shook her head.

''Alright. Can I get you something?'' she asked politely.

''No.'' Owen and I said in unison.

She nodded and left closing the door behind her. We waited some time. Both lost in our thoughts. If she left me to be with her lover, that proves that the baby isn't mine and she had tricked me to believe it was. If that's the case, then I took responsibility for something that it wasn't my doing. I was so focused on my thoughts that I didn't hear Michael coming in.

''Gentlemen! To what I own the pleasure having you in my office today?'' he asked sitting on his chair.

''Cut the crap, Devenson. Where is my wife?'' I asked angrily.

''What wife?'' he said leaning back casually.

''Listen here. You're going to tell me where you're hiding my wife one way or another.'' I said standing up and putting both my hands on his desk.

''What if I don't want to?'' 

''I'm asking for the last time. Where's Evelyn and my baby?''

I was getting worked up pretty fast. He was pushing my buttons and soon I was going to lose control.

''Yesterday you denied your parental rights and now you are telling that the baby is yours. Will you decide what you want?'' he replied smirking.

That's it. I'm going to kill the bastard. I don't care that I'll go to prison. Today is his last day. Owen must have sensed what I was going to do and put a hand on my shoulder. As if that could stop me.

''Calm down, Alex. We've come here to get answers not to murder Devenson.'' he whispered.

He was right. If I kill him, I won't get the answers I want. I took deep breaths trying to calm down, but it wasn't working. Then images of Evelyn laughing, smiling or kissing me came in my mind clearing all previous thoughts.

''You should check that temper of yours. I wonder how Evelyn puts up with it.'' the soon-to-be dead man commented.

''Watch your mouth and tell me the truth!'' I demanded slamming my fists on his desk.

''You want the truth? Fine! I'll tell you the truth. Sit down.''

I was about to argue, but thought better of it and sat down.

''Let's start from the fact that both of you are big jerks. The way you behaved with the girls is unacceptable. They are human beings, not toys for you to play with.''

''We didn't play with them.'' Owen interjected.

''You want me to believe that? You pretended to like Nadia for some information and you jumped to conclusions without having evidence.'' he said pointing to Owen and then to me.

''I saw you two at the cafe.'' I replied.

''Now we're getting to the main point. What you saw was me giving a hug to my sister.''

''Sister?'' both Owen and me exclaimed.

''Yes, sister. Long story short, when I was born, our parents gave me to another family. When I grew up, I found out the truth and searched for my real family which is Evelyn. Here is the proof.'' he said and threw at me a file.

I opened it and it was the results of a DNA test. Sister? Can it be possible? After all, from what I know Evelyn is an only child.

''This is what you saw Evelyn giving to me. Not some company's secrets you accused her of. She didn't tell you anything about my existence because she didn't want you to worry and stress yourself, but you still accused her of cheating and stealing. As for Nadia, Owen, she's with my sister. She found out about your scheme.'' he finished.

Everything makes sense. God! What have I done? I didn't let her explain anything and I yelled at her. A lump formed in my throat and waves of guilt and regret washed over me. Her tear-stricken face appeared in front of my eyes and pain spread to my body. I lost the most wonderful thing that ever happened to me. I lost the woman who made me feel alive and eager to go back home every night. I lost the woman I love because of my anger and suspicion.

Wait. What? The woman I love? No, it can't be. I swore that I would never fall in love again after Andrea. I made sure of that. However, Evelyn seemed to have broken all my walls without me realizing. It was too late when I came to know it. Just admit it, Alexander. You love Evelyn. You fell in love with her and there is no way back.

''I love her.'' I said.

''What?'' Michael asked.

''I love Evelyn. Please tell me where she is. I need to see her. To tell her my feelings. Please.'' I pleaded him.

''I can only tell you that she's fine. Both girls are fine. But I promised them not to tell you where they are. Now please leave because I have work to do.'' he said.

He can't do that. I need to ask for her forgiveness. I was a jerk to her. I want her back in my life. I can't live without her. Now I understand the meaning of the phrase that said only when you lose something you realize how much you need it.

''Oh, a little advice. Both of you are billionaires. Go find them yourselves to show your sincerity. Although I doubt that you'll be able to locate them. They are somewhere safe away from jerks like you.'' Michael added and turned back to his work.

I was ready to go over there and beat him up, but I thought that Evelyn won't forgive me for harming her brother. I let it pass.

''Let's go, Owen. We'll find them on our own.'' I said and we left the room.

Getting in our cars we drove to our company. We went to my office and started thinking of ways to find them. One thing was sure. We won't rest until we have them back in our lives. Then, we will beg for forgiveness. 

I'm going to find you Evelyn and I won't let you go anywhere anymore. I thought.

Owen's POV

The only thing that was going through my mind was that she found out about the plan. She wasn't supposed to. I would tell her on my own trying to explain as much as I could. But now everything is ruined. She must despise me now. She must have felt betrayed and heartbroken. This kind of news is enough to cause her pain.

I don't deserve her, but she is the light of my life. She is the one that makes me smile every day. She is the one that can make me forget my problems and relax with a touch, a look or a kiss. She is my angel and I ripped her wings out because of my foolishness. I shouldn't have listened to Alex. I knew his plan wasn't a good idea. I felt relieved when Devenson said she was alright. I didn't anything to happen to her. If something really happened to her, I couldn't live without her. She is my life. My everything. I'm determined to find her and apologize. I'll make her fall in love with me again if it's the last thing I will do.

Looking at Alex desperately trying to find a way to locate his wife, I realized that those two women had turned our world upside down and stole our hearts. The funny thing was that we didn't care at all that they had this kind of control over us.

I'll find you, Nadia and I'll make you mine forever. I thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

615K 16.6K 45
When Alexa stumbles into the woods well being chased, she discovers a whole new world. One where she has a mate and he's a werewolf. She claims to be...
4.1M 87.7K 37
A TWIST TO THE NORMAL BILLIONAIRES EX WIFE STORIES. James Saunders is a billionaire. ceo, of one of the biggest companies In the world. married to t...
1M 25.1K 44
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
132K 3.4K 24
"𝘐 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐'𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘱𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘶𝘩-𝘩𝘶𝘩, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪�...