Three Kisses ✔️

Bởi greyfarrell

Without hesitation I crashed my lips to his. He was too surprised to kiss back at first, but he quickly reco... Xem Thêm

Disclaimer
Spoilers / Promotion
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Epilogue
Bonus Scene: The Proposal
Spin Off
Other Books & Where To Find Me!
Q&A - Answers

Chapter Nine

94.6K 3K 2.9K
Bởi greyfarrell

"Great, you two already know each other!" Dad cheered, obviously pleased by this.

Why? I have no idea.

Leo nodded, "We met through a mutual friend." And as he said friend he looked pointedly at me.

I winced at the message he was sending me. Liam obviously told him what happened today.

"Well you two can go hang out while we finish supper." Leo's mom suggested, smiling warmly.

"Wanna go to the backyard?" I asked Leo once our parents left the room.

He nodded so that's exactly where we went.

Once outside I stood awkwardly for a moment while I thought of what to do. I didn't think this far ahead. Maybe I should've suggested the living room so we could just watch T.V.

"Take a seat with me Emma. I'm dying to know why you're not interested in the acquaintance of my good friend Liam." Leo said, patting the seat on my bench swing while he spoke.

I quietly sat down and waited for him to speak again. I had nothing to say.

"Why don't you like him?" He finally asked.

I sighed, "He's the bad boy. I don't want to get involved in drinking, drugs, and violence."

Leo's eyebrows raised in surprise. I guess Liam didn't tell him much about our talk today. Only that I didn't want to be his friend.

"I understand that, but he's really not that bad." He defended.

I shook my head, he just doesn't get it.

"You guys aren't the type of people I want to associate myself with." I explained, shrugging.

Leo looked offended by my words.

"I'm not like them, you know. I drink when I'm with them but I've never done drugs. And I'm not involved in the other stuff they're involved in."

I thought back to the football game when I saw Liam and his friends smoking weed, I didn't see Leo there.

I crinkled my nose in confusion. Why is Leo friends with Liam and Garrett if he doesn't do all the bad stuff they do? Why would he want to be around that?

"Sure, they do bad things, but that doesn't make them bad people. They're good guys, and fun to be around. They're my best friends, but that doesn't mean I have to do the stuff that they do." He continued when I didn't respond.

"What are they involved in? Other than the drugs. Liam was beating a guy up over $500, what's that all about?" I questioned. I've wanted to know ever since I saw Liam punch that guy.

Leo shook his head, "That's not my secret to tell."

Stupid loyal Leo.

"Look, it doesn't even matter if I wanted to be Liam's friend again. He hates me now and he has that blonde girl." I told him, cringing at the thought of that bimbo.

I bet she has at least five different STDs.

"I think you kind of messed things up with Liam, but I'll be your friend." Leo joked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively at me.

I laughed and playfully shoved his shoulder so he would stop with the eyebrow thing.

"But for real, I'd love to get to know you better. You seem like a great girl." He said, all joking aside.

My cheeks warmed at the way he was suddenly looking at me. His eyes looked so warm and inviting, and they seemed to be staring into my soul.

"And did I mention how beautiful you look." He continued.

My cheeks got hotter and I had to look away for a moment to get myself together.

Where is all of this coming from?

"Oh stop." I muttered, feeling awkward about the compliment. It's not often that people say things like that to me.

Leo put his hands up in defense, "It's not my fault I have a thing for red heads!"

We both laughed at that, and I felt comfortable again.

Leo is actually pretty great, and he's not into the things that Liam is. I could be friends with him.

"Suppers ready." Dad called from inside the house.

"After you." Leo teased, opening the door and gesturing for me to go in first.

I rolled my eyes at his mockery of being a gentlemen.

Once inside we all got our food and sat down at the large table in the dining room. It felt strange to fill the table, usually it's just dad and I.

Leo ended up sitting beside me and I swear every time I put food in my mouth he'd say something funny and I'd almost choke.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I laughed after forcing a mouthful of potatoes down my throat.

Leo shrugged, "I just can't help it, I'm a funny guy."

I rolled my eyes, this guy doesn't have a modest bone in his body.

"So, do you have any classes together?" Leo's dad, Connor, asked.

I never really noticed if I had any classes with him. I have no idea.

Thankfully Leo spoke up for us, "Yeah, first period."

Really?

I shouldn't be surprised that I had no idea he was also in that class, I didn't know Liam was in it either until he showed up one day and started bugging me in class.

"I hope you'll make sure he doesn't mess around in class." Connor joked.

"Yes sir." I replied, playing along.

For the rest of supper we all made pleasant conversation, apart from all of Leo's poorly timed jokes.

By the time our meal was over and our guests had to leave, I was actually kind of sad. I was having such a good time with Leo and his parents.

"We'll have to do this again sometime soon Steve." Connor told my dad when we were all at the front door saying goodbye.

"Indeed, I'm glad our kids get along so well. Maybe one day we'll be family." Dad joked, mortifying me in the process.

"Hear that Emma, we're getting married." Leo teased, making my blush darker.

"In your dreams." I retorted, finding my composure after a moment.

Our parents went outside to finish saying goodbye while Leo and I stayed inside.

"Oh c'mon Emma, being married to me would be a dream come true for any girl." He stated, his blue eyes sparkling with humour.

"Liam hates me. I don't think he would be happy with this arrangement." I pointed out.

Leo shrugged, "I'd rather have a wife than a friend."

"What happened to bros before hoes?" I questioned.

Isn't bro code super important to guys?

Leo took a step closer to me, "I don't think you're a hoe, so that doesn't count."

He was just inches away from me and I should've felt uncomfortable but instead I felt giddy.

Leo is a good looking guy, and he's standing so close to me we were almost touching. And the way he was looking at me, his eyes so sincere.

The energy in the air had shifted, and everything suddenly felt serious and flirty.

"I think your parents are waiting for you." I stammered, changing the subject.

Leo took a step back, and I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"You're probably right. See you at school tomorrow." He said, opening the door to leave.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." Was my goodbye, and with one last smile he walked out the door, gently closing it behind him.

I made my way up to my room to change, my mind racing about everything that happened tonight.

Leo flirted with me, complimented me, and made me laugh. 

I felt happy and liked in his presence, but when he got serious and flirty I felt unnerved. He had a strange effect on me, one I'd never experienced before.

I'm sure if a hot guy like him was flirting with any other girl that has no experience with boys, they'd be nervous too though.

Hopefully I'm not the only one.

• • • • • • •

The next morning Dad dropped me off at school earlier than usual because he had to be at work for an emergency meeting.

So now I'm sitting on the front steps of the school, waiting for Steph or the newly well Lisa to get here.

I took out my phone to text them when a loud vehicle startled me and caught my attention.

Liam drove into a parking space, alone, much to my surprise. I thought the bimbo would be with him.

He took off his helmet and placed it on the bike handle before walking towards the school, and me.

Along with his usual t-shirt and jeans, today he was wearing a black leather jacket. I had to admit, it made him look extra good, but it just didn't seem like something he would wear.

When he got to the steps he sat down a few feet from me and took out a cigarette and lighter.

"Princess." He sneered, lighting the cancer stick and taking a puff.

I screwed my face up in disgust at the smell emitting from the cigarette. Why do people smoke, it's disgusting.

"Why are you smoking, and wearing a leather jacket? This isn't you." I asked after a moment of hesitation.

I know I shouldn't start anything with him, but I couldn't help it. Ive never seem him smoke before, weed yeah, but not cigarettes.

He let out a humourless laugh before replying, "Isn't it though? You said it yourself, I'm the bad boy. I'm not good enough to be your friend. Now you're right."

I was left speechless at his outburst.

He's acting like this, the bimbo, the smoke, and the leather jacket, because I told him he wasn't a good influence on me?

I opened and closed my mouth as I tried to think of a response.

"I'm just living up to your expectations." He snarled, and before I could respond he dropped his half done cigarette, stomped on it, and stormed into the school.

I can't believe what I said affected him this much. I didn't mean for it to.

A few minutes later I also walked through the school doors and made my way to my locker. Class started soon so I might as well get there early for a good seat.

I quickly spun the combination for my lock and popped my locker open to take the books I needed out, my mind preoccupied from the scene with Liam.

"Hey." A deep voice greeted, very close to my ear, scaring me half to death.

I spun around to see who the culprit was and met Leo's eyes, dancing with humour.

"Not funny." I grumbled, turning back around to close my locker.

"Let me take those for you." He offered, taking the textbooks out of my arms.

I smiled my thanks to him and together we walked to first period.

Once in class Leo took a seat beside me and we started chatting until the teacher began the class.

As I was listening to the oh so interesting lesson on math, I saw a folded piece of paper fall onto my desk.

I tried to ignore it and pay attention to the teacher but curiosity got the best of me and I unfolded the paper to reveal the message inside.

I'm boooored!

I rolled my eyes at the childish words and wrote down a response.

Your dad said I have to make sure you pay attention, so PAY ATTENTION!

Once I was done writing I passed the paper back to Leo.

I saw him pout in response to my reply, and that was the end of our note passing.

Thank god the teacher didn't embarrass us by reading the note in front of everyone. Although my message wasn't embarrassing at all, and the teacher would probably just appreciate it.

A few minutes later, when I was finally following the lesson again, class was disrupted when someone walked into class, very late.

I looked up from my notes just in time to see Liam scowl at me as he walked by my desk.

"Well isn't this a treat, Liam Coleman actually showed up to class." The teacher sarcastically said.

"I thought I'd bless everyone with my presence today." Liam replied, flopping down in the seat beside the blonde bimbo.

She's in this class?

I swear she didn't exist until yesterday. I'd never seen her in my life before Liam started hanging out with her.

—————
AMAZING cover in the media done by shewasborn I love it! Thank you so much!

Make sure to go check out their profile!!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

953 20 12
Life is full of risks, mistakes, lies, love, hurt, and moments where we feel out of control. "We shouldn't do this," he whispers as his lips brush ag...
337 28 25
This is the second book to "A Kiss Is Just A Kiss." Please read the first book. "There's nothing you can say to me that will change how I feel about...
1.1M 31.4K 34
"Oh, do you really like me?" I asked him once again. He did something I didn't imagine him to do again. He kissed me once again, but it was only for...
208 8 30
When your first kiss results in the boy throwing up in the bushes that obviously means that romance just isn't your thing right? Vani thought so. Bo...