The Alpha's Lost Mate

By BrilliantCrescent

"Bryson, where are you? Why haven't you come to get me? Who are you?" I don't know who Bryson is. I don't kn... More

INTRODUCTION
|CHAPTER 1|
|CHAPTER 2|
|CHAPTER 3|
|CHAPTER 4|
|CHAPTER 5|
|CHAPTER 6|
|CHAPTER 7|
|CHAPTER 8|
|CHAPTER 9|
|CHAPTER 10|
|CHAPTER 11|
|CHAPTER 12|
|CHAPTER 14|
|CHAPTER 15|
|CHAPTER 16|
|CHAPTER 17|
|CHAPTER 18|
|CHAPTER 19|
|CHAPTER 20|
|CHAPTER 21|
|CHAPTER 22|
|CHAPTER 23|
|CHAPTER 24|
|CHAPTER 25|
|CHAPTER 26|
|CHAPTER 27|
|CHAPTER 28|
|CHAPTER 29|
|CHAPTER 30|
|CHAPTER 31|
|CHAPTER 32|
|CHAPTER 33|
|CHAPTER 34|
|CHAPTER 35|
|CHAPTER 36|
|CHAPTER 37|
|CHAPTER 38|
|CHAPTER 39|
|CHAPTER 40|
|CHAPTER 41|
|CHAPTER 42|
|CHAPTER 43|
|CHAPTER 44|
|CHAPTER 45|
|CHAPTER 46|
|CHAPTER 47|
|CHAPTER 48|
|CHAPTER 49|
|CHAPTER 50|

|CHAPTER 13|

17.9K 456 33
By BrilliantCrescent

|Everett|

The image of the girl's body hanging from the tree is forever ingrained into my mind. Her body was mutilated and scarred and burned. Her body was like mine. She had brown hair like mine. Her green eyes were wide with horror forever staring into my soul. This girl is me.

Bryson had told me not too look but it was too late. I saw her already. I know this is the work of Sir. His handiwork with knives is shown in the words that are engraved into her chest.

Bile rises in my throat and I throw up all over the floor of Bryson's room. Sobs rack my body and Bryson quickly takes me out of the room. I vaguely hear him telling people orders but I sound of my cries outweighs them all.

"Everett, its alright. You're safe." I hear Bryson whispers as he sets me on a bed and presses his forehead against mine.

"He knows where I am. He's going to take me away. He's going to kill me like he did that girl." I cry.

"I'm not going to let that happen. I'm not going to let that monster get his hand on you. I promise. You're safe here." Bryson says, he wipes my face with his fingers and kisses my forehead.

"He killed that girl because of me." I whisper, imagining what that girl felt in her last moments. Was she scared? Was she happy to be freed from the pain? Did Sir do the same things he did to me to that girl?

"Don't think about that. We're going to make it through this. We are going to stop him and then we are going to live happily ever after." Bryson smiles softly at me and I can't help but return it. "Go back to sleep now. I'll be right here. No ones going to hurt you."

I go back to sleep only to be plagued with images of the girl in the tree and what happened to her. Memories of my time with Sir also invade my memory. I wake up shivering and hearing Bryson talking into the phone quietly as he strokes my head softly.

"We're leaving tomorrow. The incident today shows that he has an advantage We need to make it to the witches land as soon as possible. Gather the warriors and trackers you think are the best for the job. Mom and Dad are going to watch over the pack when we are gone." Bryson pauses before answering the person on the phone. I'm guessing it is Logan. "Also, call the nearby packs and have them on standby for any attacks that may occur and tell them we will be travelling through their lands soon."

He hangs up the phone and looks down at me. "Hello Little One, are you feeling better?"

"What are witches? Are you leaving me?" I ask panicky.

"No, no Little One. I'm not leaving you. We are going together. Witches are being much like us in the way that they are hidden from humans. They possess magical ability. Werewolves and witches do not have the best relations but we plan to travel to their lands for help."

"How are they going to help us if they don't like us?" I ask.

"I'm not sure if they will agree to help us but they agreed to talk to me if I travel to their lands. I hope by bringing you with me we will be able to get them on our side." I feel like Bryson is not telling me everything. What is he hiding?

"What aren't you telling me?" I ask and look him in the eye.

He sighs and runs his hands through his hair frustrated. His eyes have bags under them and I can clearly see he is stressed about what is going on. "I don't want to scare you but if we don't manage to get help from any of the witches then we won't be able to stop the Blood Moon Pack, especially if they gain the help from witches. We've been able to track them and the Blood Moon Pack is in No Man's Land, trying to get the help of rogues."

"I'm sorry." I say and look down at my hands. They still have cuts that haven't healed from my time in that prison.

"What are you sorry for?" Bryson asks, putting his warm hand under my chin and forcing me to look up at him.

"If I wasn't here you wouldn't be going through so much stress. You wouldn't have to risk your safety and the safety of everyone in the pack for me." I say and tears well up in my eyes.

"Don't ever think that. If you weren't here I wouldn't have my mate. Logan wouldn't have his sister. Your parents wouldn't have their daughter. This pack wouldn't have their beloved Luna. Everyone in this pack was effected when you were kidnapped. We have been mourning since the day you left and only now are we all beginning to feel happy again. I love you and I'm never going to let you go." Bryson pulls me close and I grip onto his shirt.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what I love you means. I hope that you will teach me how to love you," I whisper.

I feel Bryson tense for a few seconds before he tightens his grip on me and holds me closer. I feel his shoulders shake and I feel hot tears drip onto my neck. I just hold onto him as he cries. I don't say anything and he doesn't say anything. I know that Bryson will always be there for me. I want to know what he means by he loves me. I hope that he will be able to teach me before our time comes to an end.

>>><><<<

The next day, Bryson has us all packed up. We have to bring minimum since everyone – except for me – will be travelling in wolf form. Bryson tells me that I will be riding on his back while we travel. I've never seen Bryson's wolf form. I can't help but feel a thrum of excitement course through me at the though of what he looks like.

"Doesn't Logan need to stay to look after the back with the former Alpha and Luna?" I ask as I see Logan and a handful of warriors line up outside for my arrival. I cling onto Bryson's shoulders as he piggy backs me outside. I'm dressed in his shirt and some pants that Mom gave me.

"No your Mom and Dad are going to take over his job until we return."

Mom and Dad had moved into the pack house last night with a little girl and boy that they have been taking care of per Bryson's request because of the incident and the need to have a Beta and Beta Female figure in the pack house.

Mom and Dad introduced me to Alice and Justin last night and we talked for a while.

"Alpha Bryson showed us a photo of you when we got here. You look prettier now then in the photo." Alice was a sweet girl and I learned that her and Justin were mates.

"Thank you very much. You are very beautiful yourself." I rub my hand against her cheek gently. "And you Justin are very handsome. You might even rival Bryson for look. But don't tell him that." Justin blushes and said a very soft thank you while looking at an equally blushing Alice.

After playing with my hair, Alice and Justin fell asleep on the floor next to me. It was relaxing having these two around and they calmed my nerves for the upcoming journey Bryson and I would be making.

Bryson breaks me out of my thinking of last night. "Are you ready to meet the warriors Little One?

"I guess as ready as I'll ever be." I say and hold him tighter.

We walk outside and the warriors straighten up. There is about five of them. Two females and three males. Bryson introduces me to all them quickly. I take a liking to Jamie and Alexander right away. They are mates. Jamie has the thickest of wavy light brown hair and striking brown eyes that are hidden behind glasses. Alexander is slender and lean and doesn't seem to be warrior type. But I don't bring this up. I'm sure everyone on this team that Logan selected are the best for the job.

"Everyone, we are heading to the Northern Witch Clan first. This is closest to No Man's Land and hoping that the Blood Moon Pack has not reached them yet. Our top priority is keeping your Luna safe and making it to the witches land as efficiently as possible." Bryson instructs the warriors to shift and they all do.

I see that Jamie has the same thick brown hair in her wolf form. It's truly beautiful. Bryson hands me to Logan as he shifts.

"Make sure to hold on tight okay Everett?" Logan says to me right before Bryson transforms.

His wolf is the most beautiful and powerful creature I have seen in my life. His black fur glistens in the sun almost appearing blue at some angles. His eyes are still the beautiful cerulean blue that he has in his human form. He stands tall and proud in wolf form. His chest and shoulders are broad. He stands at the same height in wolf form as he was in human form. I smile and run my fingers through his fur as Logan places me on his back gently.

"You're beautiful," I whisper into his ears. He rumbles underneath me and I take it as he's happy. I hold on tightly and look at the know dark brown wolf that is my brother next to Bryson.

I press my face into his fur and whisper that I'm ready. Bryson howls and starts running. The warriors spread out around him and Logan stays close to him slight behind us. I look back at the place that was now my home, hoping that I will see it again. 

|AUTHOR'S NOTE|

Hello everyone. I hoped you enjoyed this installment of TALM. This is the second part of my double update for this week end. Now that I have a new laptop, I plan to update more frequently and hopefully have longer updates. I want to improve my writing so striving to update more with longer updates will hopefully help. 

|Chapter Goals and Questions|

Number of read: 750 reads

Number of votes: 35 votes

What are the questions you guys want to ask me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
13.2M 363K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
7M 255K 52
Lila had a family. And for a while they were happy. Then on her eighteenth birthday, her Parents, brother, and his mate died in a tragic car accident...
120K 5K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...