Eleanor Snape- Book 3

Da elvissparrow

Fourth year was a unsettling year: the Triwizard Tourtement, blackmailing Cumberland, seeing Cedric Diggory d... Altro

The Forbidden Book
Adventures at the Ministry
Getting Back What Was Taken Away
Since When Did Adults Become So Understanding?
My Spirits are Lifted
Love Sick
I Need to Be More Careful
Strawberry Ice
A Victory that Ends with Defeat
Vincent, The Murderer
Auntie's Good News
The Ministry Hearing and Draco's Party
What I've Been Training For
Intense Pain
Arrangements Are Made
The Amazing Orion
Auntie's Approval
A Question of Trust
A Shopping Spree
I Am My Father's Daughter
Professor Auntie
The New Addition to the Hogwarts Choir
New Found Strength
Quidditch Tryouts
New Arangments
An Accidental Kiss and Unexplained Jealousy
Song Birds are Singing
A Big Secret Is Out
The Mark Again
Even Mr. Cornelius Let Me Down
Trying Out the Cloaking Spell
My Second Trip to Hogsmeade
A Big Decision
Reliving The Most Important Day of My Life
Being Outcasted
Well, That Answers My Question
Quaffle Hog
Weasley is Our King
The Silver Doe
Happy Christmas
The Fight of My Life
Pilfering Through My Mind
Befriending Cumberland... Again.
Hufflepuff Versus Slytherin
An Offer that was Easy to Refuse
The Mark Burns Again
An Ended Friendship
In Which Vincent Thinks I'm Crazy
"What Am I Going to Do With My Life?
What Did I Do?
Vincent's Breakdown and More Overwhelming Information
What If...
Two More People are Let In on the Secret
My Audience with The Dark Lord
Inspiration
Author's Note

He Loves Me Not?

809 17 0
Da elvissparrow

Sarah Beth~

"That's it! He's not coming!" I plopped down on my bed in the guestroom at the Fudges on my stomach. Before Christmas Break came I begged Auntie to let me stay at Mr. Cornelius's instead of staying at the school. Like always, I had been invited to the Malfoy's Annual Christmas Ball and I didn't want to let them down, mostly because I wanted the attention. After explaining that to her, she still wanted me to stay wither her, so I explained it all to Mr. Cornelius. Understanding me better, he somehow talked her into  letting me stay with him, as long as I promised to Floo her every night.

It was the day before Christmas Eve, and Gregory was suppose to be coming at the seven o'clock to exchange gifts. It was eight thirty, and he was still no where to be found.

"Ughhhh!" I groaned into the pillow.

"I"m sure he'll come." Luna said in her soft voice, sitting down beside me. She laid a hand on my back. "Maybe something bad happened. I'm sure he'll be here."

"Or maybe he stood you up." Rufus changed the record I had been playing on the phonograph across the room. Luna shot him a fierce look she rarely used.

"He stood me up.... He stood me up! I pounded my fists on the bed, and never lifting my head. Luna sighed as I stopped, standing up and squirming around. "Why would he do this to me! Why?!"

"Is something wrong?" Luna asked, noting my actions.

"Yes! Gregory has stood me up and it makes me mad and sad all at the same time and... and...I've got to pee!" I quickly ran out of the room and down the hall to the bathroom. Luna and Rufus remained in the bedroom.

"But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?

It is the east, and Sarah Beth is the sun.

Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,

Who is already sick and pale with grief

That thou, her maid, art far more fair than she!" A deep voice shouted from below the window. Luna opened it up and looked out.

"Hello, Gregory! Sarah Beth was just looking for you!"

"Where is Sarah Beth?!"

"Peeing."

"Who are you talking to?" I asked, coming back in the kitten pajamas I had changed into. Luna pulled the upper part of her body back in.

"Oh, Gregory."

"Gregory!" I ran and pushed her out of the way. Then I saw him. He was standing on the ground, a broom in one hand, a package in the other. "Gregory! Where have you been?! You're an hour and a half late and-"

"I'll explain in a minute! Can I come in? It's cold!"

"Yeah! Go to the front door!" I turned and ran out, running down the hall, making my way to the front door.

"Where are you off to?" Mr. Benard asked as I ran through the sitting room where him and his wife and Mr. Cornelius and Mrs. Shea were talking.

"Gregory is here!" I happily squealed, not stopping until I got to the front door. I flung it open. Before I could even say a word,  Gregory was in the house. I looked him over.

His face and nose were cherry red. His knitting hat I had made him back in November was soaked through, along with his clothes. His mittened hands were clutching onto his broom and a package wrapped in pink paper. On top of it all, he was shivering. I closed the door.

"D-do you have a fire going anywhere?" He smiled. I took his arm and led him into the sitting room, where there was a fire.

"Over there." I pointed to it while taking his broom and leaving it against the wall. All the grown ups looked at him.

"Oh, dear. What happened?" Mrs. Shea asked. Gregory shed his jacked and other winter things and sat them by the fire with him, trying to warm up. I sat over beside him, cross legged.

"Well," He put his hands closer to the flames. "We did a lot of visiting the last two days, and we ran out of Floo Powder. Mum didn't tell me that until ten minutes before seven. My parents couldn't Apparate me here because they've never been, so, I flew here on my broom."

"Goodness! You flew here all the way from your house?!" Mr. Cornelius exclaimed.

"You flew all the way here for me?" I asked.

"Yep." He smiled again. I happily squealed and hugged him.

"Hello, Gregory." Luna emerged from the hallway with Rufus, following behind her.

"Hey, Looney." Gregory greeted. "Fudgecake." I gave him a hard warning squeeze; he had to be nice. He picked up the package he had come with and placed it in my lap. "And this is for you."

"Oh, Gregory-"

"Wait!" Mrs. Shea got up. "You must be freezing. Rufus, go get Gregory a blanket, please. And Sarah Beth, what about Gregory's present?"

"Oh, yeah!" I jumped up as well and grabbed his present from under the tree. "Here you go!" He laughed. Mrs. Shea left the room and came back with a steaming rag.

"Here, sweetie, this will help warm you up... Rufus?"

"I'm here! I'm here!" He replied, coming back into the room. He balled up the blanket and threw it at Gregory. For a moment a flicker of hate passed between them, but it disappeared as fast as it came.

"Thank you, Rufus." Mrs. Shea chuckled as she sat back down. I turned to Gregory.

"Can I open it now?! Pllllleeeeeeeeeeease?! Can I?!" Everyone laughed, except Rufus.

"Now, now. Be patent, Sarah Beth." Mr. Cornelius instructed.

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhh! Whyyyyyy?!"

"We can open them at the same time! Go ahead!" Gregory laughed again. I grabbed the package and quickly pulled off the paper. Then, I pulled the lid off the box inside.

"Oh, Gregory! I love it!" I pulled out the pink scarf with little snitched on it and wrapped it around my neck joyfully.

"There's more!" Gregory said as he quickly started unwrapping his own package. I looked; inside the box was a matching hat, mittens, and even a pink bow with a snitch in the center!

"Oh! I love it all! Where did you find it all!?"

"It wasn't easy! He finished opening his, "But it's a secret!...is this signed by who I think it is?!"

"Yup!" I widley smiled.

"How did you get Victor Krum's autograph?!" He exclaimed, holding up the bludger. During the last school year he had always wanted to get Krum's autograph, but never could because Draco wouldn't let him.

"I have my ways, too!" I winked at Mr. Cornelius, who winked back. Gregory continued starring at the ball. "Happy Christmas! I love my gift, and you!" I threw my arms around him; he still didn't react. A pang of jealousy hit me. Annoyed, I slapped it from his hand. It hit the floor and then rolled across the room.

"Sorry, what was that?" He finally broke from his trance-like state.

"Nothing." I crossed my arms.

"Oh, sorry, I love you, too!" He shook his head, fully getting the picture.

"I think we should go to the dinning room..." Mr. Cornelius suggested, clearly thinking Gregory and I should be alone. The rest of the grown ups agreed and followed as he got up. "You, too, Rufus."

"What? Why?" Rufus, who had been watching this whole thing with glee, whined. Mr. Bernard shot him a looked that made him bolt out of the room. Luna quietly left last.

"Sarah Beth?" Gregory put a hand on my arm. I ignored him. "I'm sorry. I love you..."

"Apparently not as much as Victur Krum, or the bludger..." I finally turned to him.

"Oh..." He thought for a moment. "But, Sarah Beth! It's Quidditch! Of course I'm going to look at it!" My jaw dropped.

"You actually do love it more than me! You are the scum of the Earth! You are-"

"I'm kidding!" He threw his arms around me. "I'm kidding!" He kissed the top of my head.

"No you're not!" I tried to wiggle out of his grip. He stopped moving and looked into my eyes. Something in them looked more serious then I've ever seen him be.  Maybe he was telling the truth... "Prove it." I whispered, letting some of my curly hair fall into my face.

Wordlessly, he got up, walked across the room, and picked up the bludger. Then, he opened the window. With out a second thought, he threw it out. My eyes widened.

"You do! You do love me!" I flew up and almost tackled him. He picked me up and twirled me around. I quickly gave him a few quick kisses.

"I love you, Sarah Beth."

"I love you, too!"

"Look! Mistletoe!" He pointed above us. I looked.

"Gregory, there is nothing there!"

"I know. I was just seeing if it would work!" He smiled. "But do I still get a kiss for trying?" He looked like a child trying to patently wait to go into Honeydukes. I laughed and gave him what he asked for. Then, we sat down in front of the fire again. I cuddled up to him and stayed there, getting comfortable. As time passed, my eyelids started to get heavy.

"Sarah Beth?" Luna came in from the kitchen. I sat up and looked at her. "My father's here. Goodbye." She crossed over and hugged me, then, to his dismay, Gregory.

"Bye, I love you!" I called after her as she left the room again. I yawned and cuddled up again. We sat again for a while until Rufus and Mr. Cornelius came in.

"It's nine o'clock, Frecks." Rufus grabbed my arm and tried to pull me up. I pulled back.

"I know what time it is." I replied, annoyed.

"Aren't you tired?" He asked.

"No." I lied. I wanted to spend every moment I could with Gregory before he left. Rufus let out a noise similar to a growl. He could tell that's why I canted to stay awake. I hugged Gregory.

"You just want to stay with that Goyle." Rufus sneered.

"He can stay here for the night, if he wants." Mr. Cornelius offered. My eyes widened, despite my tiredness.

"He can? Oh, please tell me that you're telling the truth! Oh, please! Please! Please!"

"Yes, I am, Sarah Beth." He patted the top of my head.

"Did you hear that, Gregory?! You can stay!" My hug tightened. Gregory returned it.

"Yeah, I probably need to tell Mum. If I don't she'll have a panic attack. Can I-"

"Go ahead." Mr. Cornelius pointed to the jar of Floo Powder on the mantle. Gregory got up, forcing me to let go of him and threw come in. Mrs. Clarrissa's face appeared in the fire.

"Oh, Gregory! Where have you been, young man! I thought you were just in your room, and then I go to check on you and your broom is gone! I have been worried sick! I-"

"Mum!" Gregory interrupted. "I'm fine. I'm at Sarah Beth's. Can I stay here tonight?" He questioned.

"Well, I don't think I-"

"Please, Mrs. Clarrissa?" I pushed Gregory out of the way and smiled the smile Auntie usually used to persuade people. Mrs. Clarrissa looked thoughtful.

"Sarah Beth?...Well...I suppose, if you're Aunt doesn't care."

"Oh, I'm not at Auntie's! I'm at Mr. Cornelius's!"

"Mr. Cornelius's?" She questioned.  Mr. Cornelius made his way in front of me.

"I assure you you're son is safe with me, Mrs. Goyle." He said. Gregory's mother's eyes lit up in shock.

"Cornelius Fudge?... Mister Minister, sir I belive you."

"Well, thank you." He moved again. Gregory took his place.

"Okay thanks!ByeMum!" He quickly said scattered the ashed before she could say anymore. I happily squealed and hugged him.

"You're staying here tonight Gregory!"

"I know!" We laughed together. Rufus sneered.

"Yeah. Great..."

"Well, I suppose you can sleep in the other guest bedroom. We just added it last month. I guess it's a good thing." Mr. Cornelius sat down on sofa. Rufus's jaw dropped.

"But Uncle, that's where I'M sleeping!"

"You can share. Would it kill you to share a bed for one night?"

"With him? Yes!"

"Rufus..." Mr. Cornelius warned.

"But Uncle-"

"Rufus..."

"But-"

"Rufus!" Mr. Cornelius sternly snapped. Rufus immediately stopped. I yawned and snuggled closer to Gregory. "And I think Rufus was right. I think you're tired, Sarah Beth. It's time for you to go to bed." I blushed.

"Mr. Cornelius, I'm fifteen. I think I can stay up-"

"Nonsense, you can barley keep your eyes open. Come on. Bed time."

"Fine." I let go of Gregory and got up. Auntie told me I had to be good, and that meant doing what I was told.

"Good." He patted the top of my head again. "I can show you your room, too, Gregory." Gregory got up and stood beside me. As I went to my room, They stopped in front of the other guest bedroom. "Here it is." Gregory stepped in. "Er, thanks."

"No problem. Actually, all of you should go to bed. You wouldn't want to be tired tomorrow."

"Goodnight, Mr. Cornelius." I hugged him and kissed his cheek before going into my bedroom. As I got my bed ready and got on, I could hear Rufus and Gregory talking quietly from the other room.

"I'm not any happier about this than you are."

"Sharing a bed with you? Sharing a school was bad enough."

"Shut up, Fudgecake."

"Gargoyle..."

"Hey, Gargoyles are cool!"

"And cake isn't?"

"Shut up!"

"No you shut up!"

"I told you first!"

I rolled over onto my side that faced the wall and closed my eyes. They hated each other. Of course, I knew they did, but I didn't know it was this bad.

"Just be quiet and get in bed. And try not to touch me."

"Trust me, I wouldn't want to touch you."

For a few minutes there was no sound, and then suddenly.

"Share the blanket!"

"I am!"

"I'm bigger than you! I need more!"

"We need equal amounts!"

"What ever! You need to-" I quickly got up out of my bed and stomped into the room. Rufus and Gregory where both in the bed, with most of the blanket over Gregory.

"Both of you shut up! I'm trying to sleep! If you can't get along and act like you're fifteen-"

"I'm not fifteen-" Rufus started to interrupt.

"Shut up! If you can't act your age, get out of the bed, Rufus."

"What? Then where am I suppose to sleep?"

"My room."

"With you?" He got up hopefully.

"No. Alone."

"But that means-"

"Goodnight, Fudgecake." Gregory waved.

"Will you-"

"BED!" I yelled.

"Okay." Rufus squeaked and ran out. I walked over to the bed and curled up next to Gregory.

"Sarah Beth, I'm sorry I-"

"Shut up before you make me angrier, Gregory. Goodnight."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

612K 37.2K 101
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
240K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
565K 12.6K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
297K 8.6K 44
Jasmine has a rude boyfriend that her best friend Shawn doesn't like. What will happen? Read to find out. (Little disclaimer, I wrote this when I was...