The New Addition to the Hogwarts Choir

"Eleanor, you are staying with us?" Flitwick turned around when I opened the door. I had gotten there late, so everyone was already in their places; students on the risers and Flitwick on his platform.

"Um...yeah." I walked across the room and sat down at the piano, and taking my bag off my shoulder.

"That's wonderful! Can you start playing warm-ups, please?"

"Uh-huh." I sighed, putting my fingers in the right places and going through the normal warm-ups.

As I did so, I studied each section to try to find the new additions. I started with the sopranos. I couldn't help but giggle at all the obvious first years that were intimidated by Sarah Beth's magnificent voice. As mush as I hated her, I had to admit that she could sing. The were finding that out.

I moved on to the tenors, who were standing in the middle of everyone. I glanced at Vincent, who smiled back at me. I gave him a sort of not. Ever since Draco's birthday things between us had been awkward.

He said he had loved me. He had loved me since third year. Loved me when Draco supposedly had. But I don't think I loved him back. Sure, he was nice, and tried his best to comfort me whenever I was sad. I looked at him closer. He wasn't bad look, either. Dark brown hair, blue eyes, a complexion, unlike Draco's, that could tan well. In fact, his summer tan was glowing as strong as ever. And he had lost most of his baby fat that he had when I first met him...

I shook my head, trying to clear thoughts. This was Crabbe we were talking about. I couldn't love him. He was my best friend, not a lover.

I let my eyes wonder into the bass section. Every year I had been here it had consisted of only two people; A Hufflepuff name Phillip McAdams and a Gryffindor named William Norman. But there was one more person standing with them today that shocked me so much that I stopped playing mid-keystroke and exclaimed,

"Gregory?!" Everyone looked at me, surprised and silent. Then, Sarah Beth finally broke it by loudly giggling. "What are you... what?!"

"Hi, Ellie!" He smiled. "I told you I was joining!"

"I didn't think you were being serious!"

"That's enough." Flitwick cut in. "You can discuss this after rehearsal. Eleanor, will you please distribute the music on the table?"

After the rehearsal, Vincent and Gregory (with Sarah Beth linked to his arm) gathered around me at the piano. I looked up from the sheet music I had been studying.

"How was your first practice?" I asked Gregory.

"Eh," He shrugged, "I guess."

"You'll end up loving it!" Sarah Beth let go of his hand and thew her arms around him.

"Yeah!" He smiled, but didn't seem so sure. Sarah Beth giggled and stood up on her tiptoes, pecking him on the lips.

"Come on! Let's go to the library! I'm allowed back in now!" She grabbed his hand and started pulling him towards the door.

"Bye, Elle!" He waved as he disappeared into the hallway.

"She disgusts me." I turned to Vincent.

"She's not that bad. Yeah, she's annoying, but she means well." He relied, and stood up. I started to toss my bag over my shoulder, but he took it from me and carried it.

"I don't like her. Actually, I hate her."

"Hates' a strong word." He led me out of the room.

"I know." I looked down. It was even more awkward to be alone with him. What was he thinking about? Me? Us?