**✿❀Zane Can Nya (Completed Z...

By AphmausPurpleTeacup

This takes place during Aphmau's Year. Zane gets turned into a Meif'wa using a cat potion gone wrong, and he... More

**✿❀Chapter One: Little Mistake❀✿**
**✿❀Chapter Two: Thick Meif'wa Shampoo ❀✿**
**✿❀Chapter Three: Perfect Little Zuzu❀✿**
**✿❀Chapter Four: Mockery and Milkshakes❀✿**
**✿❀Chapter Five: Most Girls❀✿**
**✿❀Chapter Six: The Sleepover❀✿**
**✿❀Chapter Eight: Love in Notifications❀✿**
**✿❀Chapter Nine: Backspace❀✿**
**✿❀Chapter Ten: The Final Day❀✿**
**✿❀Chapter Eleven: Antidote❀✿**
**✿❀FINALE: Us❀✿**

**✿❀Chapter Seven: Zane, the Maid Café Hit❀✿**

1.3K 36 36
By AphmausPurpleTeacup

A/N

Hey guys! Like I said in the last chapter, I haven't been able to upload as much chapters as I want... life sucks  right now TwT

But... on the bright side, two more weeks until final tests and after that is summer break!! I LOVE SUMMER!!

I know this is pretty much what I said in the last chapter, but it's really all I have to say. 

Oh, wait. There's something else.... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR #1 IN MEIFWA!! This means so much to me! I can't believe my trash story got this much love. You've all been so supportive and I love you guys so much!!

-Vanilla Swirl

♬♩♪♩ ♬♩♪♩

Zane's P.O.V

Everybody wakes up eventually. Lucinda isn't a meif'wa and Travis isn't a werewolf by the time everyone's opened their eyes. The gang stays for about two more hours, until everyone leaves and just me, Garroth, and Nana are left.

"Hehee~" I look over to see a giggle from Nana. I smile under my mask.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"I didn't know you have this bad of a bedhead in the morning~ It looks even worse with your emo hair! Teehee~" Nana continues to laugh like a child.

"Hey! I don't have emo hair!" I growl.

"I think everybody on the street disagrees." Garroth chimes in. I glare at him.

"This doesn't involve you, and hey, whose side are you on?" I yell.

"Of course it involves me baby brother. I have to look at your awful emo bedhead too, you know." Garroth giggles along with Nana. I roll my good eye and groan. 

"Whatever. I'm going to get ready." I get up and avoid eye contact with Garroth.

It takes about thirty minutes for all of us to get ready, but we all do. Garroth eventually leaves so it's just me and Nana, chilling on the couch with my NOT EMO hair. "Z-Zane...?" She stutters.

"Yeah?" I turn to her.

"N-Now that you're a meif'wa... well... um.." I groan.

"Just tell me already!" I yell, impatient. 

"Well, I think you'd be really popular at... at the maid café today..." Nana mutters. I open my mouth to protest, but she pulls a hand up to stop me. "J-Just hear me out! Apparently there's a nearby anime convention in town, not as big as A-Con, but definitely big enough to attract customers. We'll need all the help we can get, and the dark and mysterious character is always really cute... especially if they're a meif'wa.."

"There is no way I'm...." My voice drifts off when I see Nana's pleading cat eyes, begging me to listen. "...I'm...."

"Please, Zane, I'll do whatever I can to make it up to you! L-Like, the next time Travis~Kun or Laurance~Kun make fun of you, I'll hiss at them and they'll get really scared." Nana begs. I look at her for a long time, contemplating my choices. Is it really worth my honor? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, considering the fact that I'll be human again in two days. I'll be me. The real me.

Kawaii~Chan//Nana's P.O.V

Zane gives me a long look. Panic slowly rises in my stomach. Is he thinking about saying no? What if he does say no and I just made a fool of myself? In fact, why would Zane even listen to me? I'm just about to lose all hope when I hear him sigh.

 "Fine." He gives in. I give him a big smile.

"W-W-Really?" I stutter, wondering if this is all a dream.

"Yes, really. I understand with the new costumers, you'll need help. It's not... the most appealing idea to me, but I'll do it if you really want me to." A grin spreads across my face, growing wider and happier with each word. I pull him in for a hug.

"Uh- Nana!" He shrieks.

"I'msohappyyousaidyesImeanIwassoworried!! EEEEEEE!!" I scream. Zane lightly pushes me aside, harder then he would have pushed Garroth, I'm sure. 

"W-Whatever." Zane awkwardly scratches the back of his neck, giving his tail a swish. I giggle.

"Yaaaaay~" I whisper, trying to be not as loud as before. Zane smiles.

"Yaay. I guess." He mumbles unenthusiastically. He tries to act like he doesn't care, but under his mask, I can make out the slightest ghost of a smile.

Timeskip brought to you by I LOVE DOTTIE SO MUCH OMG

Zane's P.O.V

I glance at myself in the mirror. The café is opening in about thirty minutes, and yet this butler outfit is so uncomfortable. I sigh. How did I get into this mess? All because of Nana's stupidly adorable smile? Urgh.

"Come on Katelyn~Sama, please!" I hear Nana yelling from another room. My ear twitches in curiosity. 

"What's that commotion about?" I say to myself, heading over to where the shouts are coming from.

"Nu-uh, no way. Absolutely not." I see Katelyn, arms crossed, looking stubborn as ever and Nana with a pout on her face. She's also wearing her adorable maid outfit. I feel a blush rise on my face, hidden behind the cloth of my mask. Travis is also standing awkwardly in the background, knowing better than to interrupt.

"B-But I know you'll be a hit too! With all the extra customers and everything!" Nana pleads. Katelyn shakes her head.

"What makes you say that?" Katelyn grumbles.

"Well, your blue hair is really cute! And your smile's nice! And you're the curviest one out of all the girls here!" Nana thinks this will help, but this just makes Katelyn red in the face.

"C-Curvy!? I'm n-not--" Katelyn tries to argue, but Nana immediately counteracts it.

"Yes you are! You're the one who has the best figure!" Nana still doesn't seem to get the hint that Katelyn isn't aware of what she's trying to get at. I sigh and facepalm, quiet enough that I don't attract attention to me.

"No, I'm not." Katelyn protests again. She turns to Travis. I snicker, knowing what's coming next. "Tell her I'm not, please!" She begs. Travis starts to look very uncomfortable.

"Really Katelyn~Sama? You think Travis is the best person to ask to tell me you don't have a nice body? That's funny because I know deep down he agrees with me~" Now Travis is red in the face too.

"K-KAWAIICHANDONTSAYTHINGSLIKETHAT!!" He yells. I roll my good eye, half-wanting to play the superhero and also half-wanting to see how this plays out. In the end, my evil side wins and I don't interfere. Nana lets out an exasperated sigh.

"If you won't do it for me, do it for Aphmau~Senpai! It's her first day back on the job today! She'd love to have you support her!" Nana pleads. This seems to win her over. Katelyn inhales sharply, then lets it out slowly and calmly.

"Fine."

Kawaii~Chan//Nana's P.O.V

Finally! I knew Katelyn~Sama would give in! I still don't see how she can't accept she has a nice figure, but that's beside the point. "YEEEEEEE!! HAHA!!" I yell. "Let me get you your outfit real quick~!" I run over to the closet and pull out the blue maid outfit I already had prepared for this moment, giggling. I dash back over to her as soon as possible. "This one~ Maybe this outfit will help you see how nice your curves are~ Huehuehue.." Katelyn~Sama's blush, which had faded before, returned as soon as I said that.

"S-Stop it!" She said, flustered, snatching the outfit from my hand. I notice someone out of the corner of my eye. Zane. I give him a small rapid victory wave, and he slowly waves back. 

Katelyn~Sama hurries to the bathroom before I can say anything else that will embarrass her and changes. When she comes out, she does a little twirl. "How do I look?" She asks.

"Great Katelyn~Sama!" I compliment her. I look over at Travis~Kun to see him blushing. Huehue~ My ship~!

Zane's P.O.V

I get bored of waiting and not saying anything, so I fully enter the room. "Good! Zane~Kun, you're ready!" Nana smiles at me, proud of me. I shrug casually. Nana looks back at Katelyn. "Hmm..." Nana puts her chin on her hand in deep thought. "There's something missing." 

"R-Really because I think she looks beautiful right now-" Travis rushes. I roll my good eye. I still can't believe Katelyn didn't pick up on the hints before the sleepover. It was so obvious. Everyone in the whole neighborhood could see it. Nana giggles at Travis' lovey-dovey response.

"Hehe~ Of course you do~ She could be wearing a trash bag and you'd still think she's beautiful!" Nana smirks, sly as a cat creeping through the streets. Travis blushes as Nana turns back to Katelyn. "I just think, if you were a meif'wa..."

"No. Absolutely the frick not." Katelyn says, stubborn.

"But-"

"No butts except yours being kicked if you keep insisting that I become a meif'wa. You're lucky enough to have me drag myself over here. If I don't wanna, I. Don't. Wanna." Katelyn's arms stay crossed. Nana lets out a huge sigh. 

"Fiiiiiiine." Nana draws out the vowel like a child before glancing at the clock. "Shoot! It's time to start up the café!" She realizes, running out of the backroom and into the main café. There are about five or six cosplayers outside the door. I recognize a Lucy from Fairy Tail cosplay, but the rest I haven't watched yet. Nana smiles at waves at the customers through the window and flips the "Open/Closed" sign so that the open sign is facing the window. She bubbly opens the door and welcomes everyone in.

"Welcome! Welcome! Welcome to the Kawaii~Treat Maid~Sweet café!" The cosplayers all sit down as Lucinda, Kim, Aphmau, Travis, and Laurance all show up in uniform. I nod at them, knowing that they're here to help today. I look over at the Lucy cosplayer and groan. Time to get started.

I awkwardly walk up to the Lucy, biting my lip. "Welcome to the Kawaii~Treat Maid~Sweet café. Can I take your order?" I say unenthusiastically. She giggles.

"Jasmine tea and three cinnamon scones please!" 

"Whatever." I mumble. As I walk away, I can hear her giggling. Nana and Damien cooking together. It's good to know that they're still friends after their break-up, still chefs at the Kawaii~Treat Maid~Sweet café together. I tell them the order and deliver it back to the Lucy.

"Thanks!" She greets me. I don't smile.

"Anything else?" I mumble. A girl from the table next to her giggle.

"Lucky~ I wish I had that waiter, so dark and mysterious! And those cute meif'wa ears!" She compliments. The Lucy giggles back. I roll my good eye.

"I came here to work, not be looked at like this." I complain loudly. For a moment, everything is silent. I start to panic internally, thinking that I upset them. Oh no.... Nana's gonna be so mad at me, if I made her customers cry. But then again, it's their fault for being so sensitive.

"AHAHAAHAHAHAHA!" The girl cosplayers laugh together. I roll my good eye again. The other cosplayer, the not-Lucy one, moves over to her table with her cup of tea. "Can I have the same thing as her, please?" She asks. Cinnamon scones. Got it. I deliver the order to her in no time flat. "Thank you, cutie~" She giggles. I want to throw up. When the two leave together, the first person that talks to me is Nana.

"Zane! That was amazing!" Nana throws her arms out excitedly. 

"W-What?" I stutter.

"Did you see those girls? They loved you! You're a hit, just like I predicted! And you must have played cupid too!" Her words run together. 

"Cupid?" I ask. Nana points to the window and I see the Lucy cosplayer giving the other one her number. They're blushing, like they really like each other, so I guess I did play cupid. "Isn't that Travis' job?" I joke. Nana laughs.

"You did a lot better job than Travis ever could." She remarks, pulling her arms back down to her sides. Three more customers pile in and sit at a table together. 

"I'll take 'em." I offer. Nana smiles.

"Good! Do that!!!" She encourages me. I smile and walk over to them.

Kawaii~Chan//Nana's P.O.V

There's three more cosplayers there, all from ToraDora. One's a Taiga, one's a Minori, and one's an Ami. Zane's a hit from there too. The dark and mysterious type is a good anime trope!

B-But I can't help but feel the slow rising knot in my stomach. Seeing those girls thinking Zane's adorable? Ugh! What is this feeling?

J-Jealousy? Shouldn't I be happy that Zane's becoming a hit?

Zane's P.O.V

The rest of the day goes the same. All of the cosplayers seem to treat me like an anime character, and I get most tips, I think, tied with Katelyn. Speaking of Katelyn, she's a big hit too. She doesn't have the "dark and mysterious" aura Nana keeps insisting I have, but her blue hair seems to be paying off. She is pretty curvy, though. Not as pretty as Nana, but whatever.

Travis'  P.O.V

"Thank you!" The customer thanks as I set their desserts down. I smile.

"No problem!" The customers seem to like me, too. I look over at Katelyn. She's the real hit here. I give her a wave as we make eye contact from the other side of the room. She sets her plate down on a nearby table so she can wave back. I take someone else's order and as I walk back over to tell Kawaii~Chan and Damian to start cooking, I hear something behind me.

"W-Woah!" I turn around to see the guy that Katelyn's serving. He isn't in cosplay, so he's not from the convention. 

"You okay?" Katelyn asks. 

"Damn." He responds. Katelyn looks confused. I have orders I need to get too, but I can't stop looking at this.

"Yes?" Katelyn asks patiently. 

"I didn't expect the maids here to be so hot." He drops nonchalantly. Instantly, my blood starts boiling. Who does this guy think he is?

"W-Wha-" Katelyn stutters.

"And that tight maid outfit reaaaaaally shows you off, you're sexy as hell!" He remarks, leaning back in his chair.

"Why you-" I start, angrily pulling up my sleeve. Just as I'm about to start a fight, someone pushes past me. Kawaii~Chan? She calmly taps the man on the shoulder.

"Oo~ Another sexy mama~" He flirts, winking. Kawaii~Chan doesn't seem to be having it. Zane notices what's going on and walks over, glaring as well.

"Listen here, harassment of our employees are not tolerated. I'm going to have to ask you to stop or leave." Her eyes glare into his soul. I've had some of the cosplayers call me cute, but unlike this, that was all in a friendly way. Nothing serious. This is a first.

"Really? And what are you going to do about it? You're just a puny meif'wa! You can't fight me, but if you listened, you and me could have a good time. Maybe bring this hussy too." He laughs, jabbing his thumb at Katelyn.. 

"Alright, that's it!" I yell, almost swinging a punch. Nobody's going to call my blueberry a hussy. Not on my watch. Sadly, Kawaii~Chan stops me. 

"I got this." She holds an open hand up to my face, stopping me in my tracks before grabbing the guy's arm.

"H-HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" He yells as Kawaii~Chan opens the door and throws him down on the street.

"You are hereby banned from the Kawaii~Treat Maid~Sweet café. Never return. Bye~Bye!" Kawaii~Chan spits passive-aggressively, slamming the door in his face. The café erupts in cheers. I pull Katelyn aside.

"What was that guy's problem?" I ask. She shrugs.

"I mean-"

"No. You have a right to be angry, what he did was disgusting! I can't believe that-" Laurance shows up out of nowhere and pushes an app on his phone, making a loud beeping noise censoring my endless cuss words. "Son of a-" Beeeeeeeeeeep. "Thought he had the right to say that like a total-" BEEEEEEEEEEP.

"Travis. I'm just as mad as you are, but-" She sighs. "We need to work right now. I'll let it out when we get back home." 

"B-"

"Besides." She continues. She leans up and gives me a quick kiss. "He has nothing on you." Katelyn smiles at me and walks away, continuing her orders smiling.

Time skip-- Zane's P.O.V

I collapse on my couch, glad to be in comfortable clothes. I whip out my phone and start texting Nana. 

Zane's phone

Zane: Hey

Nana: Hey Zane! ^-^

Zane: Glad to b back

Nana: Same... I still can't believe the nerve of that guy!

Zane: Aha but you gave him what he deserved

Nana: Still....

Nana: But!

Zane: But?

Nana: You were a hit! Just like I said!

Zane: Guess I was

Nana: If I was a customer, I would have fell head over heels for you on the spot!

Nana: You know instead of recently

Zane's P.O.V

"You know instead of recently?" I remark outloud, dissecting what she just texted. What's that supposed to mean? Recently? Head over heels? Did she mean that in a crush-way or am I just confused.

Kawaii~Chan//Nana's P.O.V

What was I thinking? Texting him something like that? I glance back at my phone. It says he read the text. It's too late to delete it now. I seriously want to cry. I can fix this, I can fix this. My brain was trying to say "I fell for you recently." but luckily, my wording was awful, so I can fix this.

Kawaii~Chan//Nana's phone

Nana: omg I'm so tired I can't think straight

Nana: What am I even saying

Nana: gnight zane

Kawaii~Chan//Nana's P.O.V

I turn off my phone and place it on my nightstand. I crawl into bed and try to sleep away the panic. I can fix this. I can fix this. I ca-

zzzzzzz.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 7.3K 125
You sniffled after taking another beating but some werewolves. Even though you hid your ears and tail, I guess they could still sense that you were...
615K 18.4K 29
You moved out of your old house because you thought that your mother would feel better taking care of fewer kids. Not really knowing where to move be...
2.1K 40 27
*Credit to @satanic_redd!!!* (Amazing writer and artist check her out it will definitely be totally worth it if you do. Thank you scarlet!) ATTENTION...
80.2K 2.3K 26
Aphmau is not your typical girl... Yeah, she's smart and shy and all the other things, but she is very different from everyone else. She's a Meif'wa...