Three Kisses ✔️

By greyfarrell

Without hesitation I crashed my lips to his. He was too surprised to kiss back at first, but he quickly reco... More

Disclaimer
Spoilers / Promotion
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Epilogue
Bonus Scene: The Proposal
Spin Off
Other Books & Where To Find Me!
Q&A - Answers

Chapter Seven

109K 3.3K 2.4K
By greyfarrell

I expected the cabin to have run down wooden furniture and no power, but much to my surprise it was decorated with modern furniture and it had electricity and running water.

If I had a place like this I'd never leave it.

"So, why are we here?" I asked, awkwardly standing in the middle of the living room because I didn't know what to do with myself.

Liam walked over to the kitchen and opened the fridge while he answered, "We're going to have a picnic."

I followed him into the kitchen and watched as he took out ingredients to make our meal.

"Why are we having a picnic?" I asked as Liam got busy making sandwiches.

"It's an apology for taking you out of class." He explained.

Well that's kind of sweet of him.

And at this point he needs to start thinking of ways to apologize to me other than just saying sorry. He's always apologizing.

"What can I help with?" I asked, suddenly feeling very useless as I watched him assemble sandwiches.

Liam nodded in the direction of the fridge, "You can pick out snacks and drinks to bring."

I complied and opened the fridge to see what caught my eye.

Holy crap, this is the most beautiful selection of food I've ever seen!

There's fruits, veggies, cheese, condiments, milk, juice, pop. Basically everything you want to see in a fridge, and lots of it.

He must come here a lot if he has this much food.

I decided on strawberries, two cans of Pepsi, and pre-cut watermelon.

I grabbed everything and placed them on the counter so Liam could look over what I picked.

"Good choices, there's a basket to put all this in by the front door if you wanna grab it." He said, flashing me a small smile before he went back to sandwich making.

I got the basket and put the snacks and drinks in while Liam put the sandwiches into containers.

Why does he even have a picnic basket? That's not a normal household item to have.

Maybe he's brought other girls out here to have "picnics".

"All set, lets go." Liam said, breaking my train of thought.

I silently followed him out of the cabin and through the woods.

"There's a clearing and pond not too far from here." Liam explained as we walked.

"Sounds peaceful." I mused, trying my hardest not to trip over a rock and fall on my face. That would be embarrassing.

Maybe a minute later we stepped into a small clearing with a pond, just like Liam said.

The grass was tall and bright green, and the pond was sparkling off to one side.

As I looked around a smile formed on my face, "This is beautiful."

I looked at Liam and he was already looking at me.

"Yeah, it is." He agreed.

My heart skipped a beat when Liam put down the basket and walked over to me until we were standing so close we were almost touching.

I tried to ask him what he was doing but the words were caught in my throat.

Liam looked into my eyes for any sign that I didn't want him that close, and a moment later he tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"This is what your first kiss should've been like." He whispered, and then slowly leaned in until his lips met mine.

Instead of pushing him away like I knew I should, my body took over and I wrapped my arms around his neck as he placed his on my waist and pulled me closer.

His lips were slow and gentle against mine, nothing like our first kiss.

My stomach felt warm and I was lightheaded when Liam ended the kiss.

He rested his forehead against mine as we took in what just happened.

Liam Coleman kissed me.

I never thought in a million years that this would happen.

He kissed me. A boy, no, the bad boy, kissed me.

"Let's eat before everything gets warm." Liam suddenly said, pulling away and walking towards the picnic basket.

I scrunched my nose in confusion as I followed him to the food. It's like a switch was flicked in his brain and he went from sweet Liam back to normal Liam.

Weird.

He put down a blanket as I got the drinks, and then we both sat down and took everything else out.

The last thing to come out of the basket was two large containers of sandwiches.

Liam awkwardly scratched the back of his neck as he explained, "I didn't know what kind of sandwich you like so I just made everything."

"You could've just asked me." I told him, an amused smile playing on my lips.

Liam rolled his eyes, "What's the fun in that."

I went through the many sandwiches Liam made; ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly, turkey, tuna, a bunch of meat between two slices of bread.

"I'm not a picky eater, so what sandwich do you recommend chef Coleman?" I asked, gesturing to all of my options.

Liam stroked his non existent beard as he thought, "Peanut butter and jelly is a fan favourite, but personally I'd go for the turkey."

"I'll take both." I decided, putting a half of each sandwich on my paper plate.

"Good decision, I'm going for the classic ham and cheese." Liam replied.

For a while we ate and chatted about random things. I learnt that his favourite colour is red, his birthday is May twentieth, and he has no idea what he wants to do after high school.

I find it so weird that there's three completely different sides to Liam. Right now he's goofy, playful and nice.

But with his friends he's the "bad boy" that drinks, does drugs, gets into fights, and becomes a jerk.

And then there's the sweet side I saw when he kissed me today.

I don't understand this guy.

As we continued to eat a thought struck me. If I wasn't going to be his friend after today, I might as well ask the question that's been bugging me for a while, even if it gets him mad.

"So, random question. Remember when you beat that guy up at the football game? I overheard that he owed you $500, why?" I asked, studying his face for any clues.

His jaw clenched and his eyes turned dark and hard. He doesn't like this question.

Liam ran a hand through his hair before answering, "He borrowed the money from me and I wanted it back."

As soon as he was done speaking he quickly looked down, avoiding my eyes.

Usually when he talks to me he never breaks eye contact. I think he's lying but I don't have any proof, so I had to let it go.

"Did you ever get the money?" I asked, half because I was curious and half because I didn't want him to think I was suspicious.

"Yeah." He replied.

After that things were a bit tense, and a few minutes later we packed up and silently made our way back to the cabin.

Maybe I shouldn't have asked that question until he brought me home. It's just awkward now.

Once we made it back to the cabin Liam only stopped to put the basket inside before he offered to give me a ride home, which I accepted because I have no idea where we are.

When I wrapped my arms around Liam's waist as he turned on the motorcycle, he instantly tensed up.

I almost let go because I knew this was making  both of us uncomfortable, but I didn't want to fall off and die once we start to go.

We drove in silence and I wasn't even enjoying the rush of being on a motorcycle because my mind was so preoccupied.

I want to know what Liam's hiding from me, but I know I shouldn't care. I can't be friends with him, so whatever his secret is, it's none of my business.

I just wish this guy wasn't so confusing, and that I could figure out my feelings for him. Sometimes I hate him and want nothing to do with how he lives his life, but other times he's so fun to be around. And when he kisses me, I can't even put into words how I feel.

I only tuned into my surroundings again when I realized that Liam doesn't know where I live.

We were just passing the school and going in the direction of where I live, but he knew the general direction from when he gave me a ride yesterday.

"My address is 1114 Lillyway Ave." I yelled over the roaring wind in our ears.

Instead of answering Liam just nodded and then we went back to ignoring each other.

Fifteen minutes later we safely arrived at my house and I quickly got off the motorcycle as soon as the engine cut.

I took off my helmet, said a quick "Thanks for the ride" as I handed it to Liam, and then all but sprinted into my house.

I'm just so confused and I needed to get away from him as quick as possible. And I didn't want my dad seeing that I was on a motorcycle.

When I got to my room I looked out my window to see if I could get one more glance of Liam but he was nowhere to be found.

I hated the fact that I felt kind of sad that he was gone.

Things just felt different between us after we kissed today, and then I ruined it by asking him that stupid question about the money.

But that makes me want to know the real reason that guy owed him money even more. Liam's into something dangerous and I know I shouldn't care, but I want to help him.

I flopped down on my bed and looked back on my afternoon with the notorious bad boy.

I can't believe I got on the back of a motorcycle. If dad finds out he's going to kill me. Thank god his office is practically sound proof. And thank god that I thought ahead and texted him earlier to say I didn't need a ride.

Liam's cabin was beautiful, and the picnic was loads of fun until I brought up the question.

And then there was the kiss. The sweetest thing a guy has ever done and said to me. It was the best kiss of my life, even if I have only had one other one.

Wait. Liam kissed me. That means I got kiss number two!

The guy you kissed, has to kiss you.

I didn't initiate the kiss we had today, that was all Liam. I have to tell the girls!

—————

Stunning cover by andrealenaex I love it!! Thank you so much!

Make sure to check out their profile!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 9K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
14.1K 775 12
Holly Halliday only had two important things in her life. One was her art and the other was her best friend Gabriel Colton. Starting school for thei...
4.7M 146K 47
Published 2022 📚✨❤️ Ebooks, Paperbacks, and Hardcovers available on Amazon ! ✨📚❤️ Highest ranking: #6 in the Teen Fiction section! "Just one kiss...
102K 2.6K 17
He leans closer to me and tilts his head. His lip press to mine and I feel his mouth part. I part mine too and our tongues rage wars against who wil...