Young God | L. Laufeyson

By getbuckyplums

▷Set before Thor: The Dark World and includes Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Thor: Ragnarok A simple acci... More

Prologue
1. Crossfire
2. Valley of Kings
3. Dangerous Blindness
4. Alluring Honesty
5. Failure
6. Sympathy
7. Prince of Asgard
8. Risky Alliance
9. The War Criminal
10. Bloody Consequences
11. Sentence
12. Nightmares
13. Original Sin
14. Madness
15. Sincerity
16. Bonding
17. Child of the Damned
18. Dancing in the Dark
19. Deadly Chaos
20. Vulnerability
21. Tortured Mind
22. Escape
23. Overwhelming
24. Trust
25. Betrayal
26. More Than That
27. I Remember
28. Memory Lane
29. I'll Be Good
30. Reset
31. Yearning
32. Mistaken
33. Return
34. Love Me Again
35. Back Home
36. Half Brother
37. Surrounded by Enemies
38. Mary Poppins
39. Break the Chain
40. Broken
41. The Price of Love
42. Safe and Sound
| End of Everything |
43. Ragnarok
44. Trip to New York
45. Wizards on Earth
47. Sakaar
48. The Grandmaster
49. Valkyrie
50. A Green Surprise
51. What Heroes do
52. Bruce Banner
53. The Revengers
54. Revolution
55. The God of Thunder
56. It's a People
57. Shattered
Epilogue
Acknowledgments & Trivia
How to make Aurora jealous
Slumber Party
First Crush
Attention
!!! Infinity War !!!
Personal Protector

46. The Goddess of Death

22.2K 1K 941
By getbuckyplums

"You, uh, you can go talk to him, I'll just wait in the corner and stay here until we leave. I don't want to ruin a family reunion." Aurora pipes awkwardly up and the brothers nod understanding, also because the Allfather dislikes her. Before they walk to Odin, Aurora grabs Loki's arm. She knows they're on difficult terms but this doesn't mean she stopped caring. "Good luck."

His eyes are locked into hers and he is close to pulling her into his arms and kissing her. But controlling his craving, Loki only nods silently and him and Thor go to their father. Aurora sighs heavily, sitting down on the grass. The last weeks, especially today, have been stressful and she doesn't know how to continue. There must be a reason why Loki is acting so weird.

Loki would only go this far if it's about her safety. Aurora remembers his bright blue eyes, they were vibrant and beaming in a strange light, not the usual emerald green. Has she ever heard someone mentioning this kind of blue? Suddenly, the realization hits her and Aurora's eyes widen. Can it be...?

"Aurora." Odin's voice catches her attention and her blue eyes grow wide even more that the King of Asgard suddenly addresses her. Aurora's heart has skipped a beat and has almost dropped to her toes.

"Uh, yes?" She asks and stares at the three sitting men.

"Come over and have a seat, child." He orders and she does as he says, without the intention to ruin the peaceful atmosphere. As the auburn-haired girl sits down next to Loki, Odin glances at her. "I'm asking for forgiveness."

"What??" Aurora blurts out and is completely taken aback. Has she heard right? The King wants her to forgive him? The expression on Thor and Loki's face is gravely serious.

"I should not have imprisoned you for an incident that wasn't your fault. You only intended to save a child's life– a task that is supposed to be my burden rather than yours." His genuine apology makes her speechless and she doesn't know what to say. She remembers how much he despised her. "Frigga would've wanted you to hear those words. She quite liked you."

Aurora senses that something is wrong now that the deceased Queen is mentioned. The tension is too tight to welcome the thought of a future where they all live in peace together. This feels like goodbye. Her shock shrinks and she smiles gently at him. This man has done so many things wrong, especially concerning the treatment of his sons, but this doesn't mean he's a bad man. "There's nothing to forgive. It was a wise decision of you, you shouldn't worry about a single life."

Even though he nods in gratitude, Odin yet disagrees. "I failed you all. It is upon us. Ragnarok."

"No, I've stopped Ragnarok. I put an end to Surtur." Thor assures him with certainty but his father knows better.

"No. It has already begun. She's coming. My life was all that held her back. But my time has come. I cannot keep her away any longer." As Odin fears their upcoming threat after his supposed death, Aurora frowns in disbelief. The Allfather will really die? And who does he mean with she?

His blonde son has no idea either who his father is mentioning. "Father, who are you talking about?"

"The Goddess of Death. Hela. My firstborn. Your sister."

"Your what?" Thor repeats in disbelief and this news feel like an unexpected punch for Aurora. There's another child in the Odinson family, even a sister? Judging their reaction, Thor and Loki don't appear to have known this either. This is just too crazy.

"Her violent appetites grew beyond my control. I couldn't stop her, so I imprisoned her. Locked her away. She draws her strength from Asgard, and once she gets there, her powers will be limitless." Hela sounds like a true monster but Thor is not afraid.

"Whatever she is, we ...we can stop her together. We can face her together."

"No, we won't. I'm on a different path now. This you must face alone. I love you, my sons." Odin's last words hit Loki deeply, astonishment and a mess of emotions run through every fiber of his body. He stares at his father with a soft and almost weak glance, not believing that Odin would love him after all. Is this real? Does he accept the monster Loki has become?

Aurora can barely breathe, her eyes burn in sympathy for Loki and Thor. They will really lose their father and there's no way to stop this. Suddenly, she feels how Loki grabs her hand, squeezing it tightly and she returns the same to support him. Why does someone always have to die?

"Look at that." Odin points at the far distance into the ocean, his voice more peaceful than ever. He sounds so calm, ready to let go. "Remember this place. Home."

As the last syllable leaves his lips, Odin dissolves into golden, shining dust, the same one as Frigga. His body is gone within seconds, the sparks leaving with the quiet wind. The three of them stand up, Aurora stares at the gold particles that used to be Odin. The King is gone. He is really dead. A tear rolls down her face and her glance lands on Thor who's still processing his father's dad.

"Thor... I'm... I'm so sorry..." Aurora presses her lips together. The God of Thunder was just forced to witness how his father dies and he couldn't do anything against it. All of sudden, the sun hides behind dark clouds, appearing out of nowhere. A storm is reeling and a growling thunder echoes above them.

"Brother..." Loki says cautiously, knowing better not to provoke Thor now. Also Aurora notices the little electricity sparkling around the blonde's hand, his shock turning into rage.

"This was your doing." Thor glares at his brother and Aurora quickly steps between them, sensing an arising conflict.

"Now is not the time to fight, we have to focus on the upcoming threat aka your evil sister." While Aurora lifts her hand against Thor to secure the distance between him and Loki, a mysterious portal suddenly appears as if Aurora has just summoned the evil. "Ugh, seriously?"

A green light shines through the dark substance and the three of them know that the Goddess of Death is arriving. Sharing a glance, they move closer towards the portal and as Loki drops his illusion of the black suit, Thor hits the ground with Mjölnir at the same time to change back into armor, the earth trembling at the powerful lightning. Of course, I don't have a cool transition, Aurora mentally rolls her eyes and prepares for Hela's arrival.

The firstborn steps out with a devilish smirk, her green eyes that are covered in black shadow form a vicious beam. Hela is pale and skinny, yet tall to bathe in confidence. Her green-black outfit and black, messy hair reminds Aurora of Loki, but Hela seems different. Like the true devil.

"So he's gone." Her voice is strong and deep, somehow mighty. "That's a shame. I would've liked to have seen that."

"You must be Hela. I'm Thor, son of Odin." Thor introduces himself, the tension is unbearable.

"Really?" His older sister scoffs. "You don't look like him."

"Perhaps we can come to an arrangement." Loki suggests with a little mistrust, not seeking for war and Hela nods almost in approval.

"You sound like him." Now she glances at Aurora, eyeing the auburn-haired girl with narrowed eyes. She doesn't remember Odin having a third child. "And who are you?"

"Aurora, uh, Reyes. I am... not sure, actually, his ex perhaps? Eh, complicated." She points at Loki and shakes her head. God, this was just the most awkward introduction ever. Though Hela only shrugs carelessly, she doesn't mind adding another name to her death list.

"Kneel." Hela commands and Loki scrunches up his face in disbelief, staring at her.

"Beg your pardon?"

Hela pulls out a sword out of nowhere, seemingly being able to use sorcery just as Loki, just more advanced. The blade looks pretty dangerous and Hela repeats her order. "Kneel. Before your queen."

"I don't thinks so." Thor resists and simply throws his mighty hammer at her, planning to defeat her with Mjölnir. The powerful weapon flies towards her with an incredible speed but instead of harming her, Hela easily catches it with one hand. Aurora almost chokes on air in surprise, her eyes widened and Thor frowns. "It's not possible."

"You-you told me nobody can lift the hammer, let alone hold it at its full force." Aurora stares at Loki and he nods taken aback.

"I did."

"What's this then?!" She points at Hela who only grins at their astonished expressions.

"Darling, you have no idea what's possible." With these words, she breaks Mjölnir with a single hand and releases an electric explosion that was captured in the weapon. Loki quickly shields Aurora from the strong energy and lightning as her face is buried in his chest. She can barely stand against the huge storm and holds onto him.

When the silence follows, the three of them dare to look up again, only to see Mjölnir's dead, broken parts on the grass. The weapon is destroyed and Hela managed this with one hand. Aurora gasps and now realizes how severe the danger is and also Loki feels the same way, his arm still lying protectively around Aurora. With a swift move Hela turns her hair into a sharp helmet with several horns and now arms herself with two blades. The Goddess of Death walks towards them, not hesitating to kill them like the weapon.

"Bring us back!" Loki yells towards the sky, Aurora's safety being his first priority. The auburn-haired girl quickly activates her space helmet, preparing herself for a rough ride. They have to warn Asgard.

"No!" Thor protests and is about to run towards Hela but the Bifrost already catches them.

The trio races through the colorful rainbow beam towards Asgard, Loki still holds Aurora against his chest. She has to admit that she likes the feeling to lean against his chest again although it's not the time to think about this now. Thor is now ahead and he looks down, warning the two when he sees the upcoming threat.

"Loki!" Thor shouts and Loki and Aurora follow his glance. Hela has followed them and is dangerously close to catch up with them. Fuck, fuck, fuck, Aurora swears and plans to shoot with the quad blaster at Hela but suddenly, Loki grabs her waist.

"Thor!" He calls his brother and in the next moment, he activates Aurora's jet boots and pushes her up towards Thor. As she squeals in surprise, Thor catches her roughly and she looks back at Loki.

"What the fuck?! Loki!" She yells concerned and sees how Hela is closer to him. The God of Mischief pulls out a dagger and throws it at her but she deftly catches the blade and flings it forcefully back at him. As Loki is hit, he gets thrown out of the beam into space and he screams in the increasing distance. Aurora's heart drops to her toes and her eyes widen in shock, devastation running through her voice. "LOKI!! NO!!"

There's no time for grieving though since Hela has now reached them and Thor's grip around Aurora tightens. He can't let go of her. Thor attempts to attack Hela with a kick but it only ends with failure, she's stronger than him. It's also not easy to fight with Aurora in his other arm, so the auburn-haired girl takes the matter in her own hand and pulls out her quad blaster.

"That's for him, bitch." She hisses and shoots at Hela who clenches her teeth at the shot.

Angered now, the Goddess of Death punches them out of the beam and while Thor steadies his arms around Aurora to assure her safety, she pulls out a pin and immediately activates the spacesuit before the two of them are thrown into space and pass out in the chaos.

A/N- We made it. We reached 100k reads and I honestly just want to thank you all so, so, so freaking much!

As a little thank you, I have this for you :')

My best friends captcinrogers and posion_polar_bear requested on tumblr fanart for my fanfiction and @/prettyinaccurate created this little masterpiece then ❤️ I'm honestly in love with this! You all are the best!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.9K 1.8K 22
Trapped in a cell for eternity, Loki has become increasingly bored and frustrated. That is until a fragile girl is thrust into his cell unceremonious...
5K 402 86
Starts with the first Avengers. She's not good and she's not bad. She's neither a hero nor a villain. Well, but she's the one woman that does the thi...
3.6K 222 35
♤Infatuation of the mind♤ "Someone paid you to kill me?" In the midst of your sister's arranged marriage to the God of thunder. You meet the dark and...
5.1K 183 52
Long before the events of Thor and the Avengers, the god of mischief fell for a common Asgardian maiden. Late night meetings and secret rendezvous's...