Belated Blessings

By idreamofme

Elise Riley-Tate moves through life in search of her happily ever after. After suffering a devastating loss... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1: Honeybun
Chapter 2: First Things First
Chapter 3: Who's the Doctor?
Chapter 4: Hopeful
Chapter 6: Peaceful Slumber
Chapter 7: All White Everything
Chapter 8: Slowly but Surely
Chapter 9: Feelings
Chapter 10: Where were you?
Chapter 11: Realizations
Chapter 12: Back To You
Chapter 13: A Deal is a Deal
Chapter 14: Sunny Skies and Thighs
Chapter 15: As The World Turns
Chapter 16: Change of Plans
Chapter 17: A Day to be Thankful
Chapter 18: The Lies We Tell; The Secrets We Keep
Chapter 19: Twinkle Twinkle
Chapter 20: Sharing is Caring
Chapter 21: Daddy's Blues
Chapter 22: Birthday Wishes
Chapter 23: Let's Straighten It Out
Chapter 24: Enough is Enough
Chapter 25: Preventative Measures
Chapter 26: Birthday Woes
Chapter 27: Cuts and Bruised Egos Pt. 1
Chapter 28: Cuts and Bruised Egos Part 2
Lets Talk
Chapter 29: Heartbreak Hotel
Chapter 30: Talking Tables
Chapter 31: New Year, New Possibilities
Chapter 32: Tate v. Simmons
Chapter 33: Aftershock
Chapter 35: These Are My Confessions
Chapter 34: Cake Cake Cake
Author's Note
Chapter 36: Just Spit it Out
Chapter 37: On Sight
Chapter 38: Taming the Beast
Chapter 39: New Adventures
Chapter 40: Game Changer
Chapter 41: Roads Less Traveled
Chapter 43: Champagne in my Chalice
Cherry Soliloquy
50K!!!
Chapter 44: I'll be Here
Chapter 45: Someone Please Call 9-1-1
Chapter 46: A Dangerous Woman
Chapter 47: I Was Here
OVOS AWARDS
Chapter 48: I Understand
Chapter 49: Rise Up
Prayers
Epilogue
Hmmm...
Sneak Peek: Peace from Pieces

Chapter 5: Memories

5.2K 242 55
By idreamofme

"Babe, you in the mood for ice cream?", I asked while smiling. Even before Elise got pregnant, ice cream was her medicine. If she has a headache, she wanted ice cream, had a cold; she wanted ice cream. The only time she has never asked for it was when she had the flu.

" Oooo, Let's go to Freddy's," she beamed.

I nodded my head in agreement. Freddy's has the best desserts! Their food, on the other hand, was not much to rave about. I intertwined our hands over the middle console while I drove. Elise was singing along to "Drunk In Love" by Beyonce. My wife is so beautiful, and her energy is always so infectious. Even when she was having a bad day, she found some joy. I remember when I first met her I thought she was bubbly because of the alcohol but turns out she's the same way sober.

Elise released my hand and threw her hands up in the air singing, " ... we be all night...loooove loooove...". She was twerking and glowing. I shifted in my seat adjusting myself as I grew aroused at the thought of my wife gyrating her body. She laughed to herself as the song faded and we pulled up to Freddy's.

"That's my jam baby! That's exactly how I felt when I met you. Slightly gone off that Hennesy but still caught up in you! Thank God I'm a clutz!", she ranted while she got out of the car.

"Mmhh! I bet you did. You tried to play me when we got back to campus though. You gave me the run around for two weeks before you let me take you out", I smirked while opening the door. Elise cut her eyes at me while shaking her head.

"Dude, I was sick. How was I going to go out with you blowing my nose every five minutes?" she expressed while walking up to the counter. I ordered a concrete sundae, and she ordered a Hawaiian Delight Sundae.

"Ew, El! Pineapples do not belong on ice cream! Let's sit outside since it's nice out today." I spoke with my face scrunched at the sight of her ice cream. It was scoops of vanilla topped with caramel sauce, pineapples, walnuts, and whipped cream with a cherry on top.

She grabbed her sundae while I grabbed mine and made our way outside to the patio. It was 85 degrees today, but there was a slight breeze that made the heat tolerable. I followed El to the table and took a seat beside her. As soon as her but hit the chair, her spoon found it's it's way to her mouth.

"Mmm," she moaned while sucking her spoon.

" I got something you can moan and suck on," I said suggestively raising my eyebrow. El's cheeks began to get slight tint to them as she hit my arm. "you remember our first date?", I inquired.

"Do I?" she said while laughing. "I told you I was sick, but you came over to my apartment anyway. I still don't know how you found out where I stay", she said looking off to the side.

"Destiny told me. We took a class together, and I told her I wanted to bring you some soup and shit, so she was game" I stated casually. Her best friend Destiny and I took a mechanics class together. It was and still is easy getting information out of Destiny. That girl couldn't hold water if you gave her a cup to put it in.

"Do you remember that makeshift fort you made in my living room, talking about its dinner and a movie?", she said with a chuckle.

I doubled over laughing because I really didn't know where I was going with my actions. I asked if she had some sheets and she gave me a few. I stacked the couch cushions on both sides of a makeshift pallet on the floor. I draped the covers over the pillows and the TV. It was hilarious. We had to climb over the couch and slide through the opening of where the cushions used to be.

I fed her soup while we watched "John Wick" on bootleg. When the movie went off, we sat in that makeshift fort just talking about life, no one topic in general. " That's the night I knew you would be my wife," I said rubbing her left hand and playing with her ring . She smiled at me, and for a moment the world stopped.

I gazed loving at my husband, reminiscing about our first memories. He was so sweet that day. I remember him leaving to get orange juice because he said that off-brand shit I had in my fridge had too much sugar and not enough vitamins. In my defense, I wasn't the one that bought it.

It was nice having someone to care for me, especially a man. My father was an on and off parent, so I never got that at home. I had no brothers, and my uncles were all the way in Texas. When they were around, they treated my sister and me like princesses because we were the only girls. My mom was the baby girl out of five and out of 13 grandchildren she was the only one to have girls.

I was sure I was breaking that trend by having a boy. A mini-me would be more than I could handle. It's
It's not that I was a problem child, I just liked being the only girl. Zach only has his brother Jayme, so his mom and brother adore me like the daughter and sister they never had.

I gazed across the patio at the many families scattered across the patio. The sun was starting to set, and the once cool breeze had disappeared. I looked over at my husband gesturing with my hands to the families around us, " that's going be us one day", I smiled at him. He smirked and rubbed my thigh nodding his head. Zach was never a man of many words, just actions. He showed me how much he loved me and what he wanted out of life instead of talking about it. Even when we got engaged, there was never a conversation about it; he just showed up at my party with a ring.

My graduation party was held at his mom's, to her suggestion. There was a tent set up in the front yard with tables and chairs. She decorated the tent and tables in crimson and white graduate pieces to match our school colors. My parents, grandparents, and cousins, along with some of Zach's family came to celebrate with me. I remember Zach pulling me into the backyard. I assumed he was trying to get me alone so he could be fresh with me. He led me pass the pool to a tree tucked in the corner of the backyard.

The tree was strung with lights and what seemed to be pieces of paper hung from it. As I got closer I noticed that the pieces of paper were pictures of us throughout our relationship. When I turned around to ask Zach about the set-up, he was down on one knee with our family standing behind him. I always wondered why I never heard them approaching. I guess the loud music from the DJ upfront drowned them out.

It was not unusual for Zach to surprise me, that was his forte. Even down to this pregnancy. I had come off my birth control at the beginning of the year but told him that I wanted to wait until July or August to get pregnant so I wouldn't miss too much of the school year. I think all he heard was off birth control.

Initially, I wasn't excited about being pregnant. I'm still working on my clinical hours to become a licensed counselor. I'm so close to finishing, but with this pregnancy, everything came to a halt. I knew I was only selfish so I pushed those thoughts to the side and embraced starting a family with my husband. My hand instinctively went to my stomach as I began to rub small circles on my belly. Tears sprang to my eyes from the joy I was feeling on the inside.

Zach's eyebrows scrunched together in worry, and he moved to the seat next to me placing his hand over the hand on my stomach. I looked down at his hand as the tears began to flow more freely.

"What's what's wrong baby, you okay, something hurt, you gotta throw up?" he fired off scanning my face for discomfort.

I rubbed his thigh soothingly, " No babe, I'm okay. I'm just happy. These are tears of joy! I'm going to be somebody's mama" I expressed while wiping my face with a napkin he placed in my hand. He visibly relaxed in his seat while wearing a proud smile. He leaned in and pecked my lips a few times. My hand crept up the back of his neck pulling him closer to deepen the kiss. I swiped my tongue across his lips, and he let me in. I felt a gentle tap on my leg making me pull back.

"Woah there tiger," Zach joked while rubbing his beard. I hid my face behind my hands realizing I was getting carried away in front of all these people.

" Let's get out of here; I remember you saying something about having something for me to moan and suck on," I said wiggly my eyebrows. He immediately hopped up from his seat and helped me up from mine.

"Say less," was his only response as we hastily made our way to the car. We arrived home in half the time. As soon as we walked through the door adjoining the kitchen and garage, Zach lifted me off my feet and carried me to the kitchen counter. He began to unbutton my shirt as his lips buried themselves in the crook of my neck. I moaned out in pleasure as his tongue explored the sweet spot behind my ear. My shirt fell slack over my shoulders as he slowly peeled it the rest of the way off.

"Arms up," he demanded taking off my tank top. He reached around to unsnap my bra as his lips found mine in a passionate kiss. A cool breeze swiped at my back making me shutter as Zach moved his head down to take my nipple in his mouth. While swirling his tongue around my nipple, making my core leak with anticipation, his hands were working on the button of my shorts.

"Lift up" he demanded while pulling down my shorts and underwear in one swoop. He placed his hand on my chest and slowly pushed me back to lay down on the countertop. He bent down to remove my shorts and underwear that were now around my ankle. I saw his hands come up along with his shirt as he removed it. He kissed from my ankle up to my inner thing before hovering over my now throbbing and dripping core.

"I love you" he whispered. Before I could respond, his tongue was sliding up and down my folds making me arch my back off the countertop. He wrapped his strong arms around my thighs and slid me down to the edge of the counter. He began to flick his tongue over my pearl alternating with massaging my insides with his pink muscle.

I heard what sounded like his belt unbuckling. I couldn't focus on it too much as my legs began to tremble and my body convulsed as an orgasm coursed through my body. My chest was heaving and my feet were tingling from being contracted so tightly. Zach stood up and grabbed a paper towel from a nearby rack and wiped my juices from his glistening face and beard.

A loud thud broke my trance, and I look down to see that his pants were missing. Zach rubbed his leaking member up and down my slit before easing himself through my entrance. My body arched off the counter as I threw my arms securely around his neck. He stroked in and out of me slowly allowing me to adjust to his size. My slippery walls massaged his member as I tried to hold back from cumming so quickly.

"Let it out," he said as he began to push himself further within me. I screeched and dropped my head on his shoulder as my husband continued stroking through my orgasm. We spent the majority of the evening going from room to room blessing it with our essence. As I said, Zach was a man of action and not words, and at this moment I felt all the love he held for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 156 29
Elise is just a normal girl with normal problems. Well, until she falls from the sky and is saved by people who she might become friends with, if the...
716 0 24
Rain has put the past behind her but when Bret is injured she has to contemplate a future as bleak as her past. Bret has changed, he isn't the man sh...
The Tie By Saurony

General Fiction

7.4K 349 25
Life after marriage wasn't turning out how Monica expected it to be. With her dreams not panning out the way she hoped they would, she gets involved...
485 7 22
Hayley has lost everything. Her world fell apart in seconds and now she has to find a way to put herself back together. Full of grief and hopelessnes...