Drarry- It Was All Just a Gam...

By Write_me227

When Draco comes up with an idea to mess with Harry during the Triwizard Tournament, will he be the one who w... More

Before you get started (OG)...
Prologue
Chapter 1- The Idea
Chapter 2- The Plan
Chapter 3- The Encounter
Chapter 4- The Hints
Chapter 5- The Task
Chapter 6- The First Date
Chapter 7- Falling for the Slytherin
Chapter 8- The Yule Ball
Chapter 9- Detention
Chapter 10- The Second Task
Chapter 11- The Real First Date
Chapter 12- Hiding
Chapter 13- Roller Coaster
Chapter 14- The Final Task
Chapter 15- This Isn't Goodbye
Chapter 16- The Rest of the Year
Chapter 17- Missing Him
Chapter 18- Back To Hogwarts
Chapter 19- Dolores Umbridge and the Missed Date
Chapter 20- The Dreams
Chapter 21- Quidditch
Chapter 22- Dreamless Sleep
Chapter 23- Why is it So Hard
Chapter 24- The Bet
Chapter 25- The Unexpected Kiss
Chapter 26- Finding Out
Chapter 27- The One Year Anniversary
Chapter 28- Occlumency
Chapter 29- You or Nothing Else
Chapter 30- Caught
Chapter 31-A Sleepover
Chapter 32- The Library
Chapter 33- To Feel Safe
Chapter 34- Draco's Birthday
Chapter 35- Hiding His Heart
Chapter 36- Liquid Luck
Chapter 37- Coward
Chapter 38- The Misson
Chapter 39- Slipping Away
Chapter 40- Our Last Paradise
Chapter 41- Mad
Chapter 42- The Truth Behind the Sleeve
Chapter 43- Cope
Chapter 44- Hope Shattered
Chapter 45- Death
Chapter 46- The Long and Boring Adventures of 7th Year
Chapter 47- Malfoy Manor
Chapter 48- War
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 50- The Morning After
Chapter 51- A Blooming Idea
Chapter 52- Stolen
Chapter 53- Burn
Chapter 54- The Trial
Chapter 55- The Breakdown
Chapter 56- Backwards
Chapter 57- The Professor
Chapter 58- ...Friends?
Chapter 59- Best Friends, Never Lovers
Chapter 60- And It All Came Crashing Down
Chapter 61- The Hospital Wing
Chapter 62- The Fight
Chapter 63- The Ball
Chapter 64- A Sour Goodbye
AUTHOR'S NOTE (65)
Chapter 65- The Aftermath
Chapter 66- A Rose
Chapter 67- Together at Last
Chapter 68- The Other Party
Chapter 69- Pure Evidence
Chapter 70- Detention With the Devil
Chapter 71- The Show
Chapter 72- The Gryffindorks
Chapter 73- Christmas
Chapter 75- The Interview
Chapter 76- Promises
Epilogue

Chapter 74- A Morning's Disturbance

57K 1.6K 18.5K
By Write_me227

Draco walked into their room on the last morning of break. Harry was still sleeping, his arm hanging off the bed as drool slipped on the pillow. He snored.

Draco leant against the doorway, smiling at the sight as he watched the rise and falls of Harry's chest for a bit; Draco's guilty pleasure. Soon enough he went to Harry and kneeled on the hardwood next to him. He eyed his features up close, then grabbed his hand and kissed it softly. Harry still didn't wake, and Draco let out a sweet huff of air.

Draco raised his body so he could kiss Harry's lips and did so softly. When he released he found Harry's eyes staring at him, a smile on his lips.

"Good morning, my love," Draco grinned, putting his chin on the edge of the bed, oh so close to Harry, he could feel this breaths.

"Good morning," Harry beamed before dropping his face to one of question, "did you come to bed last night?"

"I have a surprise for you," was all he responded before kissing his forehead and heading out the door. Draco was still wearing his clothes from yesterday, he concluded. Furrowing his eyebrows he got out of bed, only to have an incredible smell fill his nostrils. He quickly put on pants and ran down the stairs to have Draco standing in the kitchen door with a whisk in his hand.

"Draco, what have you been doing all night with that?"

He remained silent, and grabbed Harry's hand and lead him into the room where the table was covered in piles and piles of food. Harry's eyes widened. It wasn't just piles of food, but elegantly designed, smartly placed, beautifully decorated piles of food.

"You cooked the entire night?"

"I wanted to make you breakfast, and like you said last night when you made dinner, practice makes perfect," Draco crossed his arms. "Cook really is easy. It's like potions."

"You didn't even sleep?"

"No, but it was worth it! Go on, have some."

Harry sat down hesitantly and grabbed a fork, only to bury it in a bowl of scrambled eggs. Draco watched him intently as he placed it in his mouth to the fork and tasted his work.

"This is actually good," Harry said after a bit of chewing.

"Gee, thank you Harry."

"No, like, really good, Draco," Harry took another bite, "like incredibly good."

"Oh, I have something else for you, too," Draco walked further down the table and grabbed a plate, placing it front of Harry. It was a giant stack of head-sized pancakes, with chocolate hearts drawn on it, dusted with powdered sugar, and decorated with berries. "It took me about 8 tries to get the perfect consistency, but it was done."

"Draco, it's too pretty to eat."

"Pretty? That's all I get?"

"Draco, your pancakes are the most gorgeous pancakes I have ever seen and they were made by an even more stunning person, but in fact, I think I've fallen out of love with you and in love with these pancakes and I am arranging a wedding with them." Harry leant down and kissed the pancake, "I love you pancake."

"Shut up, prat," Draco rolled his eyes, taking a bit of chocolate on his finger and smearing it on Harry's cheek.

"These do look professional though," Harry smiled, before cutting into them.

"Thank you," Draco smiled smugly, "I remember that's how they used to be made by our house elves, so I sort of just went off of them."

"You used to eat pancakes with hearts on them?"

"No! They had snitches on them, and sometimes a snake, depending," Draco said matter o' factly. "The hearts were for you."

"Oh my god," Harrys voice muffled from the food in his mouth before shoving more in.

"Calm down, you're going to choke."

"It's so good!" Harry swallowed, "You know, you're going to have to cook for us every day now. You're better than me."

"Not likely, Potter," Draco snapped. "Unless I get thanked."

"Thanked," Harry smirked. "You mean like how it went when I picked your wet towel off the bed for you and you avoided an argument by thanking me. I think I know how that goes— 'Harry, Harry, take me Harry,'" he moaned in a high pitched voice. "'Take me right here on the floor!'"

"Hey, I did not slave all night for your sass!"

"You know I think you like being a slave. You do get rewarded quite well, cumslut."

Draco's mouth dropped as his face turned red. "It's called having fun, Potter! Of course, I could take away that privilege from you."

"I'm not complaining. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Oh and speaking of the name Potter, you're taking my last name, Potter! Maybe that's what we'll have on our marriage certificate," Harry laughed, "Cumslut Potter!"

Draco took Harry's pancake in his hand and crashed it on his face.

"Does that mean I win the argument?"

"It wasn't an argument," Draco barked. "It was a domesticated quarrel."

"That was our first domesticated quarrel wasn't it," Harry smiled, wiping chocolate from his eyes. "Am I always going to be covered in food?"

"It's entertaining enough," Draco got up from his seat and licked Harry's cheek before sitting back down and grabbing a plate before digging in. "At least it's not in your pants, which sounds tempting enough." Harry just laughed. "And if we honestly had that on our marriage license, I don't think I would ever go inside."

"I thought you'd be horrified."

"With how interesting of a name it is."

"Well, you've earned it." 

Draco just rolled his eyes and gave him a loving smile. So what if he actually liked being called a cumslut. 

They ate in small conversation until they were stuffed.

"How would you like to spend our last day together before we go back and act like we hate each other again," Draco asked.

"I just want to be with you, and besides you haven't slept at all, so we may as well relax."

"I'm not tired," Draco snapped. That was something that Draco always did for the past couple days. Harry was willing to stay up all night, but he knew Draco wouldn't make it half the time. He put up his resistant speech on how awake he was and then suddenly he was out like a light. Harry found himself having conversations with a sleeping Draco, rather himself.

"Really Draco?"

"Really," he yawned, playing it off as if he were coughing, "Sorry, I have pancake in my throat."

"Sure you do," Harry rolled his eyes. "I'll clean up, don't worry about it, just meet me in our room," Harry smiled.

"Okay," Draco pecked his lips, nodding, before leaving.

Harry cleaned the rest of the food and persevered it for later, only to run up the stairs and find Draco under the covers in a blanket donut, his eyes closed. Damn, he was so adorable sometimes. 'All the time,' Draco's voice corrected in his head.

Harry lay on the bed and Draco opened his eyes as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Any room under there for me," Harry asked.

"It can be arranged," Draco contemplated before releasing one of the sides and having Harry sneak into his tent of warmth.

"I don't want to go back," Draco admitted.

"Me either but it's for only a semester," Harry spoke softly.

"A tough, stressful semester."

"We can make it through."

"We can," Draco gave a microscopic smile before closing his eyes.

"Draco," Harry asked

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to cry at our wedding?" Draco opened his eyes.

"You know, I've thought about this before, and right now I'm going to tell you no and sound all macho, but to be honest I know for a fact I will. What about you?"

"Definitely," Harry answered.

"God, we've gone soft!"

---------------------------------------

Going back was like a hungover Monday morning. They couldn't smile at each other in the halls; they couldn't even be around each other with the identity of the photographer unknown.

Homework was the worst of all and it kept them apart with various study dates with friends, all the more frustrating.

Three weeks into classes at full blast, the two woke to a normal day.

"Harry, me and Hermione are going down to breakfast, we'll meet you there," Ron called.

"Yeah that's fine," Harry responded, buttoning his shirt. He was already running late and didn't want to keep his friends back anyway. He went across the hall finishing his buttons as he knocked on Draco's door. Draco was just putting on his robe when he answered.

"Morning," Draco kissed him quickly.

"Get a room," Dean called pushing through them. They both just rolled their eyes.

"Sleep well," Harry asked. Draco started doing his tie for him.

"Not at all, studying."

"Me too," Harry yawned. When Draco finished, Harry thanked him.

"I'll see you in potions?"

"Yeah," Harry kissed him again. "You go down first."

"Okay," Draco smiled before heading out the door.

Twenty minutes later Harry went down after reviewing some notes. He missed the mail and just wanted a bite to eat before his test in Slughorn's class. When he walked in, the Great Hall was silent, and he figured it be another Monday filled with exhaustion.

He sat at the table next to Ron and Hermione who looked petrified. "What?"

"Harry," Hermione whispered, "You need to get out of here."

"Why," Harry asked, yawning.

She didn't speak, but she just pushed the Daily Prophet to him, the headline reading, 'Harry Potter's Deathly Love Affair.'

He froze completely, and felt the blood rush from his face. He unfolded the paper to see a gigantic picture of him and Draco making out. His eyes widened as he looked up to see every face in the room staring at him with disgust. He turned to Pumblechook, who had the most malicious smirk on his face.

Harry felt if he were to throw up right there.

He looked up at Draco who was just staring at the Prophet, his face so pale he was going to be sick.

Before he knew it, they locked eyes, and then they were running, chatter, yelling, anger erupting from the hall. One girl fainted. When they reached the door the grasped hands and left the entrance hall, Harry pulling Draco as fast as he could through the arch into the snowing outdoors where they sprinted to the forest. They didn't look back to see if anyone was following, but they were sure somebody was.

They didn't speak until they were completely hidden and their breaths weren't jagged.

"I don't understand! You stole the pictures from him," Draco howled.

"I know," Harry bit.

"Wait! When you grabbed them, did you check if they had a protectant charm on them?"

"They did."

"Harry! He made copies of them! He was waiting for the perfect moment, it being after we stole them!"

"It's not like I knew that," he snapped. They were breathing heavy and it could be seen from the coldness in the air. Draco held the copy in his hand and slammed it against the tree. He shouted. Harry backed up against the same tree and hit the back of his head against it. "Beating the paper up isn't going to unprint it."

"Want to see the damage," Draco asked, after hitting the living crap out of the Prophet.

"May as well," Harry slid down and sat in the snow, not caring what he did to his robes. Draco sat next to him.

"Harry Potter's Deathly Love Affair, by Rita Skeeter." Draco read and Harry groaned.

"Oh god, it's by Skeeter!" Harry put his head in his hands then ran them though his hair. Draco was shaking. "Do you want me to read it?"

Draco didn't speak and Harry grabbed the newspaper from his hands despite Draco's resistance. He wanted to choke the paper. Instead Harry let Draco take his hand and he squeezed it so hard he felt Harry's pulse. He wasn't as upset because there was an actual article, but he was more upset because he knew this wasn't what Harry wanted.

"With vanquishing the Dark Lord, Harry Potter has become the star of the Wizarding World with his works during the Second Wizarding War. He's been a symbol that children and peers have looked up to since he was just a toddler, the King of Hogwarts, only standing up for the greater good, but has The Chosen One been hiding a dirty little secret?

"Upon recent evidence brought to me to an anonymous source, it has been discovered that our so-called Savior has been having a love affair with Death Eater, Draco Malfoy.

"Draco Malfoy was freed from Askaban due to Harry Potter's incredulous testimony at his trial, however, the Wizengamot thought he was doing a good deed as always, but upon the realization of his motive, the entire Wizarding World was shocked. During his charming lawyer debute, he spoke highly of the Malfoy Heir, stating, 'He was a confused boy,' and that '[Draco Malfoy] was more innocent than [he] was. It was also claimed that they 'were two sides of the same coin.' Little did all of us know that the two had romantic relations behind it all.

"One strange thing about the trial was pointed out to me by the Prosecutor, Xavier Pumblechook, who openly spoke with me about said pilot. He now works at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry due to leaving his job as a lawyer, and hoping to teach the youth of today as Defense Against the Dark Arts."

"That's bollocks! He was fired," Draco shouted.

"Draco, this whole thing is going to be bullocks! The source was him! He's quoted in it twice!"

"Probably paid her off to do it."

"Ugh! He's such a dick!"

"'The boy [Malfoy] was given veritaserum before we testified. I remember looking at Potter to see him completely panicked. That's when I identified that there was something different between the two,' Pumblechook said. 'It was the looks they gave each other that made me think that something devious was planned. I don't know how they did it, but I made sure to ask [Malfoy] about their relationship and as I recall, Mr. Malfoy answered that they weren't even friends, but upon recent news, I sense a new conspiracy theory and that the veritaserum was fixed.'

"Conspiracy theory," Draco squealed. "What the hell do they mean by conspiracy theory?"

"'There's a dark feel whenever they walk into my classroom,' the professor said, 'there is a possibility that Mr. Potter could be under the imperious curse. Another scenario I discovered is that Mr. Potter could be against the Wizarding World in question. My thoughts consist of Mr. Potter pulling a goody-goody act until he is at power, and there is evidence he plans to overthrow the ministry.'"

"Over throw the ministry," Draco roared standing up and picking up snow before chucking it onto the frozen lake, "Come on Harry, let's just go to Shacklebolts office and use the killing curse on him. We'll rule the world!"

"Draco sit down!"

Draco did as ordered. "I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous!"

"It's like 5th year all over again, Draco." Harry continued reading.

"It could be a possibility that both Potter and Malfoy are trying to overthrow the ministry, but as a personal view Mr. Potter could be under the imperious curse by Death Eater, Draco Malfoy.

"The relationship is said to be far along, as Potter is seen on one knee proposing to Malfoy. 'It could be a possibility that this was apart of Malfoy's plan. If the couple is married, it could increase their bondage between the curse,' said an anonymous source. Draco Malfoy is said to be engaged to Astoria Greengrass since before the war, however, the pair has yet to be married.'"

"It could be that the two are under a scandalous relationship as well, though. Stolen secret moments involve kisses and touches when thought to be alone. It has been known that the two have hated each other since their first days at Hogwarts, but the two could have over come that hate, however Pumblechook disagrees.

"'I don't see them being in love. I see Potter following Malfoy around like a minion,' Pumblechook said.'"

"Liar," Draco cried.

"We've tried to be in contact with both Potter and Malfoy, but they refuse to answer."

"That bollocks," Draco shouted. "They haven't tried anything."

"So now its up to you. Are the two really in love, or is it all just a plot run by the Malfoy Heir for Wizarding World conquest? More details soon."

Harry cursed under his breath.

"I know."

"You aren't trying to dominate the wizarding world!"

"Actually Harry..."

Harry just gave him a glare.

"Kidding," Draco replied.

Harry sighed, "Fantastic... This is how we come out..."

"Everyone is going to hate me," Draco crossed his arms, "More than they do now."

"Everyone is going to hate me too," Harry rested his head on Draco's shoulder.

"They can hate us together," Draco turned and kissed his temple.

"Together." Harry let out a small smile. "That one day is today, Draco."

"I wish I would have gotten a letter," Draco said, looking off into the frozen lake.

"Right... 'Watch out for January 19th, it's going to suck!'"

Draco let out a heavy breath. "At least the people who needed to know, know. It's just others we need to worry about."

"Yeah, that is very true," Harry agreed. "It's going to be one hell of a semester."

Draco nodded. They sat there for a bit, just thinking and preparing for the steps ahead of them.

"Come on," Draco stood, "We can't just mope. There's nothing we can change now," he grabbed Harry's hands, "We have a potions exam to get to."

"It's a good thing it isn't Pumblechook's class. I want to rip his throat out."

"Me too," Draco told. "But hey, I love you no matter what happens okay," Draco assured him, pulling him into a hug.

"I love you too," Harry embraced him tighter before they leant in for a deep kiss filled with passion.

They held hands until they got to the doors before the Great Hall. They wanted to go unnoticed, so they ran through the doors and hooked a right to lead to the dungeons, where they the sprinted down the stairs. People saw them and began shouting and gave them dark stares.

"Plotter Potter," a couple hufflepuffs shouted, and other comments were being spat. They made it down to the dungeons but were thrown into a closet by strong hands when they turned a blind spot.

The door shut behind the person and Draco and Harry already had their wands out, threats on their tongues.

"Hey! Calm down," Ginny shouted.

"Oh it's only you," Harry relaxed.

"What is it," Draco asked.

"The next few days are going to suck, I know, but I have an idea," Ginny spoke. "Tonight I was thinking of pulling all the gryffindors to the common room, and I wanted to talk it out with them, you know, tell them all it's a lie. The entire table was ambushed when you left."

"That's brilliant Ginny! They'll believe you," Harry exclaimed. "You've got to tell them that Pumblechook is lying and he's black mailed us and tortured Draco."

"I will, don't worry, I'll convince them."

"And Pansy can talk to Slytherin," Draco suggested.

"I can talk Luna into telling the Ravenclaws about it," Ginny contemplated. "What about hufflepuff?"

"Susan bones," Harry asked.

"Sure! But it won't be easy. Like I said, a couple of days, and I'm sure that the reporters are going to try and talk to us. The Prophet is going to dominate for a while, but the more we talk to them, the better. Just stay in hiding for a while, will you," Ginny demanded. "We will give everyone a couple days to calm down."

"Thank you Ginny," Harry hugged her, and so did Draco, together. "Now get to class!"

"And give Pumblechook hell for us," Draco ordered.

"Will do," Ginny smirked, and left.

The pair ran the rest of the way to potions, holding hands, to find everyone there, the room silent.

"Harry," Ron shouted, "You alright there, mate?"

"What do you think? We just got chased out of the castle." Slughorn gave them a look of uncertainty as they sat together. "Sorry we're late, Professor."

"Needn't mind," he replied, although he looked almost afraid of them.

"We aren't plotting against everyone if that's what your wondering," Draco sighed, sitting back in his chair. Slughorn just flattened his lips into a line and handed out the test.

-------------------------------------

The rest of the day was complicated. They either left class really early to get to the next, or really late, sprinting the entire way. The two spent lunch in the Room of Requirement, discussing how hard this was going to be for them.

On their way back to the common room, they found themselves dodging curses and hexes from other students alike, and had to take a separate route where they then ran into Astoria.

"This is why you didn't want to marry me," she shrieked. "Because you're hooking up with the bloody Chosen One!"

She slapped him.

"That and you're a psychopath," Draco said, holding his cheek.

"Draco Malfoy! You bastard!" She slapped him again.

"You aren't going to help," he turned back to Harry, who was sitting back, watching him get hit.

"You should have told her," was his argument. "Besides, I'm not hurting a girl."

"I hate you sometimes," Draco shouted.

"It's not my fault you didn't tell her!"

They started bickering back and forth, and Astoria just sat back and watched, a smirk on her face. She stopped them a few moments later.

"I'll leave you two be," she didn't let her face break, "But Potter was right, you should of just told me. It would have spared you."

Draco furrowed his eyebrow at her choice of words, but his curiosity was answered when she reached into her bag and took out a camera, placing it in his hands. His eyes widened in realization. "You! You've been the photographer!"

"I wanted to marry you Draco, but I knew when I saw you two that something was up, plus you bailed on me for the ball and went out with him. So one night, I followed you and found you two making out, and sought revenge. You could of just told me and I would have understood," she said. "Pumblechook had the same motive and wanted to watch you pay, so we teamed up and waited for the perfect moment. You did the work for us."

"God," Draco put his palm on his forehead. "I'm so stupid."

"I wouldn't of minded. You were just too stereotypical to let me prove myself," Astoria crossed her arms. "In fact I think you two are good for each other."

"So why would you let him say that stuff to the prophet? You could have just sent in the photos and gotten the money without all the rumors," Harry bit.

"I wanted to, but that wasn't apart of the deal," she quirked her head to the side, "I must be off then, tah tah! By the way...it's over Malfoy."

Draco and Harry just stood there, watching her leave, unable to move.

"Damn it," Draco groaned. "This is all my fault."

"No it's not," Harry replied, "you couldn't of known. It's neither of our faults really. It's that rotten professors'."

"What are we going to do about it," Draco asked but was interrupted by the sound of hexes and shouting, so they took off to the 8th year dorm: the only place where there wasn't a possibility of death.

---------------------------------

Later that evening, Ron walked into Harry and his room with Hermione on his arm. They were laughing from a date they'd just been on. Harry wished he could do that with Draco without having his head ripped off. He knew that everyone hated him because of his so called 'plot' against the world. Even Draco's fiancé– scratch that- ex-fiancé, thought they were good together.

Oh ex-fiance. What a wonderful term.

"Hey Ron," Harry asked, lying on his back, half of his curtains drawn so his legs were hidden.

"What is it, mate? You okay?"

"Hanging in there. Today was hell, but would it be okay if Draco spends the night?"

Ron's face dropped. "Erm... you know we have that test tomorrow in herbology-"

"Please!"

"Harry-"

"Too late, Weasley," Draco drew the curtains, sitting crisscross already in pajamas. "Already here."

Ron flattened his lips. "Hi Malfoy. I take it your sleeping over."

"I am."

"Hello Draco," Hermione smiled.

"Hermione," he dipped his head.

"So it's okay, yeah," Harry asked.

"Since he's already here," Ron contemplated, sitting on his bed next to Hermione.

Draco smiled and scooted next to Harry, taking his hand and kissing him.

"Only if you minimize that!"

"Fine," Harry groaned, still holding Draco's hand.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in," Ron called. They were expecting Dean or Seamus, or even Neville, but instead Professor McGonagall opened the door. "Bloody hell," Ron exclaimed, hiding under the covers. He wasn't even dressed inappropriately, but he just wanted to be prepared.

"Language Mr. Weasley," she snapped.

"No intention of being rude or anything, but why are you here," the Weasley asked.

"Just to inform you, Mr. Weasley, I am the Headmistress now. If I so wish, I could come in here at three o' clock in the morning and give you all a pop quiz, but that is something I do not show interest in," McGonagall raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm here to check up on Potter."

She turned to them and they tried to sneakily scoot apart, but it didn't go unnoticed.

"How are you two doing?"

"Dealing, Professor," Harry said.

"Professor, We aren't plotting against anybody-" Draco said rushed and terrified, but McGonagall cut him off.

"I don't believe what is to be said in the papers. I just wanted to talk with the both of you tomorrow before dinner. Meet me in my office, and maybe we can try and figure this whole situation out," she nodded her head.

"Thank you, Professor," Draco said.

"Now, I would appreciate it if the partners would return to their own personal quarters. You all have classes in the morning. That means you, Miss Granger," she said sternly.

"Good night, Professor," Hermione said sheepishly before walking past her.

"Good night to you all," the headmistress bid before leaving them to their sleeping.

"How come Malfoy didn't have to leave," Ron asked, scandalized.

"Because we can't get pregnant, Weasley," Draco cocked his head to the side, "No matter how hard we try."

Ron screamed into his pillow.

"And don't worry, Weasley, we try a lot," Draco smirked, and Ron could feel it through the material.

Harry kept from laughing with great effort. "Well goodnight," Harry said cheerfully.

"Night, Harry...Ferret."

They shut their curtain so Ron couldn't see them. Beneath the red, Draco turned to Harry and put his finger on his lip. Harry furrowed his eyebrows but when Draco winked, he trusted him.

"Harry! Oh Harry," Draco squealed as if they were making love and then audibly moaned as loud as he could. "Harder Harry, harder!"

Harry bit his fist to keep from laughing, and then banged his hand against the wall in periodic thumps. "Draco," he repeated over and over breathing deep and erratic.

Ron, on the other side, was going to puke, but decided to tough it out like a man and prepared for what he was about to see on the other side. Envisioning the worst, he drew the curtain and found Harry and Draco completely clothed, sitting as far apart on the bed as possible staring at him with smirks on their faces.

"Do you really think I would want to do anything with my best mate in the room? Really Ron," Harry said sarcastically.

"That would be disgusting," Draco cringed, but then grew back into a smirk. "Unless of course you would want to join."

Ron heaved and ran to the bathroom, leaving the two laughing.

--------------------------------------

The next day brought another article basically as the first, but more accusations were given of a conspiracy, leaving the students misled and confused, angry even.

When they walked into Pumblechooks class, they sat together and proceeded to make out before the bell rang. They didn't care, but Pumblechook didn't say anything, just raised an eyebrow.

Later that day, they were called into McGonagall's office, where a visitor was standing to greet them. Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt awaited their arrival, and Draco's blood ran cold.

Oh God. There was going to be a retrial. He was going to be sent to Askaban and rot in a cell next to his father. He would never see Harry again.

"You're here to take me back aren't you," Draco said above a whisper.

"No! No, no no no," Kingsley shook his head. "I came to apologize to Harry. If I would have known the circumstance and he would have told me that your were innocent and of your relationship, I wouldn't of ever arrested you to begin with. The trial is over and all the evidence points to you being innocent. It would just be a waste of time. Just because you and Harry had a relationship doesn't change the result. However, I did want to ask you a few questions, please take a seat."

Draco let out a huge breath and took a seat next to Harry in front of McGonagall's desk.

"So, first we need to talk about the trial," Kingsley started. "How did you trick the veritaserum? People think you lied during questioning."

"He didn't," Harry answered. "He lost his memory. It was erased when he was imprisoned."

"I did answer that question correctly because I only remembered hating him," Draco told.

"And do you know who did it? Memory loss is a serious offense."

"We think it was my father," Draco said, "It would only make sense. He hated us being together, and I'm sure he would do anything to keep us apart. We aren't one hundred percent sure though."

Kingsley nodded. "Now about your little fling that is much bigger than just a fling... a relationship? You two are in the midst of planning a wedding?"

"It's sort of a long story," Harry said.

"I have time," Kingsley raised an eyebrow.

Both Harry and Draco looked at each other before taking a big breath and telling their story. It was an hour later when they had all the details straight, but finally they finished.

"Harry, why didn't you just tell The Order. We would have protected him!"

"I didn't think you would," Harry shrunk in his chair. Perhaps their forbidden love affair wasn't so forbidden, more hard to believe.

"And you've two kept it a secret this long," McGonagall crosschecked.

"Yes."

"Well, how did it get out?"

"Pumblechook! Because we got him fired he sought revenge and blackmailed us," Draco almost shouted.

"And he tortured Draco," Harry grew angry and Draco took his hand.

The headmistress was silent for a bit, "Are you two sure?"

"Positive. He kept us up all night and sabotaged him so that he would break it off. And then he forced me to write a letter of recommendation so he could be allotted back into the firm."

"That's horrible," Kingsley responded. "He'll be sacked. When we find a replacement I will let you know as soon as possible," he turned to the Headmistress. "And if you me too, I can talk to the media."

"Not yet. When Pumblechook is gone, then totally, but I want to be away from him," Harry demanded.

"Of course, Harry, whatever you want," Kingsley smiled.

"You two are free to go when you like," MgGonagall told them.

"Thank you Professor," they both said. When they stood a voice spoke from the corner of the room.

"So you haven't killed him, yet. I'm highly disappointed, Draco," Snapes portrait rang.

"Severus," Draco ran to it, "No I haven't yet," he laughed, "and I don't intend to."

"Does this mean I'm going to be your god-son-in-law? We're related now," Harry teased, standing next to Draco.

"I would kill myself, Potter, but it looks like I'm already there," Snape rolled his eyes. Harry just laughed.

"Congratulations, Harry," another portrait called from the other side of the room.

"Dumbledore," Harry exclaimed.

"Harry. How are you?"

"Fantastic, how are you?"

"Dead."

"Someone wise once told me that 'to a well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.'"

"I thought that before I was shoved into a picture frame," he said, looking over his glasses. "All I have is Severus and he is spoilt company."

"I could say the same! All you talk about is how much you miss lemon drops," Snape snapped. Harry laughed.

"So, from what I hear, you have a fiancé," Dumbledore turned to Draco, and the blonde immediately froze. The last time he'd seen this man, he'd been ordered to take his life from him.

"Hi, Professor," Draco said so softly, he really didn't know if he said it or not, but then grew loud and shaky. "I'm sorry about-"

"Not to worry," Dumbledore put a finger over his own mouth to silence him, "I know."

Harry smiled, but Draco just let out a nervous laugh.

"You got yourself a good one, Harry," Dumbledore said before smiling the both of them, "Please do try to hang on to him."

It seemed in that moment that the entire world didn't matter. Surely if the target could forgive his hitman, couldn't the rest of the population? Their problem seemed to grow so small. So what, the entire school hates them, but the people who mattered, including both their father figures, knew and accepted it.

All was right with the world.

"Thank you, Professor, I will," Harry beamed back at him before pulling Draco out of them room.

"Oh my god," Draco stopped in the middle of the hallway on the fifth floor. It was empty, for everyone was at dinner.

"What's wrong?"

"I talked to Dumbledore. I actually talked to him and he didn't hate me!"

"Dumbledore doesn't hold grudges. He knows, Draco, I think he always did," Harry patted his back.

"It's incredible," Draco felt relief flush over him.

"I really don't think anyone hates us because we love each other. I think everyone hates us for not telling them, and because of the rumors of course," Harry spoke his mind.

"I think everyone hates me because I was marked. They don't care for the real story. They care for something to put their energy into."

"I completely agree with that statement."

You know we can hold hands now in the hall, like we always dreamed of," Draco smiled.

"We can," Harry beamed and laced their fingers together. "We finally can."

"Maybe this 'telling the world' idea wasn't so bad after all," Draco suggested.

"Maybe you're right."

---------------------------------------

Or he was wrong.

The next days of the week went by awfully. On Wednesday, an article was printed, talking about how Draco was a Death Eater, and no one could love a Death Eater. Later that night, Harry found Draco completely upside down in a levicorpus put on him by 5th year girls who were totally in love with Harry.

Harry ignored them and just saved Draco before they ran back to their dorms, not wanting to talk to anyone.

On Thursday, reporters actually tried breaking into the castle and the article entitled, "Potter Gone Wild," came out. It was anonymously Pumblechook saying how they were out of control during class and would just snog the whole time, which was extensive.

But in his defense, they did make out half the period as revenge on Pumblechook's revenge.

Kingsley had done as ordered and didn't speak with the press as long as Pumblechook was still there, but Harry wished he didn't give that order. He'd been trying to tell people it was all a lie but no one listened. Ginny's talk had worked on most of the Gryffindors, and Pansy scared a quarter of the Slytherins into calming down. Luna had no luck with Ravenclaw and Susan Bones didn't even try and speak with her housemates.

It had been the longest week of their lives, and they both just wanted it to end.

Apparently on the other side of the Wizarding World, the people were angry and couldn't believe they put trust in their savior, just to be betrayed again. It was getting uncontrollable, according to the Weasleys, who wrote to them, but no matter how much they tried talking to Skeeter, she twisted his words.

On Friday, the worst article of them all came out. It talked about accused abuse Draco underwent to Harry. It claimed that Draco had irrepressible anger issues, and hit Harry daily. They were in transfiguration when they read it, and Draco got teary eyed.

"I-I don't-" Draco cried, completely fed up, resting his head in his hands. "I'm not like my father!"

"Hey, shhh," Harry whispered, rubbing his back, "It's okay."

The rest of the 8th years obviously believed them, and looked at the couple with solemn eyes.

McGonagall went up to the two. "Would you like to be excused," she whispered.

Harry nodded before grabbing Draco's hand and leading him out of the room. He never thought McGonagall would be so lenient with NEWTS coming up, but Harry didn't question it.

They didn't speak as they made their way back to their common room, not disconnecting their limbs once. Once there, Harry laid down on it and then Draco laid on him, burying his head in his neck. He wasn't crying, but Harry expected him to. Draco was having flashbacks from his childhood, he was sure of it.

"This is getting out of hand," Harry stroked his back.

"It's Skeeter! I've read every single article from everyone else and it's all true! Why is it we get stuck with the shittiest of all reporters," Draco exclaimed.

"That's what Pumblechook wants," Harry spoke in a much quieter voice than Draco did. "He wants the rumors and accusations, just to make our lives hell."

"But the Prophet changed after the war," Draco pouted, recalling the article of his trial. It was just the facts; nothing was made up. Same with all the other articles, except from Skeeter who almost got fired.

"This is just so she can get back on top again."

"What are we going to do about it, Harry," Draco looked him in the eye. Harry was silent for a bit, thinking.

"We are going to have an interview," he finally said.

"An interview?"

"An interview. We are going to talk to all of their reporters in one room without Skeeter knowing, and we are going to have anyone there who is willing to help, and in a few days, we will be on the front page, and the people will know the truth about us. If you think about it, we could get the Headmaster of Hogwarts, the Minister of Magic, and countless war heroes, with every single person on staff that is known to be faithful and true on that byline. The public will listen."

"That's an excellent idea. We could write the letter to everyone tonight and then on Sunday, we could have the interview."

"Brilliant!"

They got to work.

------------------------------------------

The next morning, Draco climbed to the owlery going unnoticed by anyone and handed out the letters to various owls where they then flew. He hadn't been there in a while and checked both Harry's spot and his own. Harry's spot was not only completely full, but drowning onto the floor into a pile as big as Mount Everest... or just to the ceiling, your pick.

He just shook his head. Oh the admirers and their angry mail. He turned to his own pile of letters. Some consisted of howlers and others were angry letters, but the one on top was what intrigued Draco the most.

Two hours later, Harry, who was out of breath, found him on one of the many staircases in the owlery, hunched over, gripping the letter as if he was choking it.

"There you are! I thought you were dead," he called, looking at all the mail he had. Draco didn't greet him and eventually Harry sat next to him to see him crying, "What's wrong? Draco, what happened? "

Draco just sniffed and handed him the letter. Harry uncrumpled it and began reading, it being dated back to Monday.

"Draco,

I got a copy of the prophet this morning, and I'm sorry this is how you and Harry had to come out. I know this wasn't what you wanted and you have a lot going on right now, and I know this is the last thing you would want to hear at the moment. I thought I should pay you the respect of telling you when it happened.

Last night, I was informed that Lucius passed away in askaban yesterday. I was told that it was due to starvation, and he went one of the luckier ways, and I guess I agree with that."

"Draco, " Harry nudged into him, "I'm so sorry."

"Keep reading."

Harry did.

"I know you hated him, but he's still your father and although he is guilty of a lot of things, there is something you need to know. I couldn't bear to be his wife and your mother if I didn't clear my name through this. You and Harry think he was the one who erased your memory. He didn't.

It was me who did it. I know you probably hate me right now but at least hear me out. I knew that you two wanted to remain a secret and at the trial, I knew you would be administered veritasirum. I thought I could handle it, but the spell went wrong and I didn't know how to fix it. I planned to give it back to you before the first day of Hogwarts, but it didn't work and I just made it worse.

I am truly glad that you have found happiness again with Harry. I wish I would have told you in person during the holidays, but when I saw your face, I couldn't do it.

I just hope that one day you forgive me.

I wish you the best.

Narcissa Malfoy"

"How could she do that Harry? What if we never cured it? What if I never knew who you were?"

"I would have made you fall in love with me again." Harry pulled Draco tighter to him.

"I wouldn't of let you. You know me, I'm a bastard!"

"Draco, you're not a bastard," Harry almost chuckled. "A ferret, yes, but not a bastard."

"I can't even properly hate my father now," Draco cried into his neck. "He wasn't much, but he was my father and was just trying his best to get me the right things. It's not my fault he misjudged it and now I have a reputation that I hit my fiancé. I don't abuse you, Harry!"

"Draco... I know... don't you think I would know if you did," Harry kissed his temple.

"Maybe," Draco whined and Harry squeezed him. "Why is everything so messed up all of a sudden?"

"Because that one day arrived," Harry stroked his hair.

"Screw that one day!"

"I know, Draco, I know," Harry kissed his hair. "It's just a bump in the road. Soon enough everything will be okay, I promise."

"Okay," Draco sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 8.5K 21
After finding himself in front of the Mirror of Erised in his 6th year, Draco sees him and the famous Harry Potter, at long last together. DISCLAIMER...
713K 22.2K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...
306K 9.6K 28
"Why do you keep avoiding me, Draco?!" "'Cuz i don't deserve you, Harry." . . . . . A Drarry fanfic set in the 8th year of Hogwarts. contains: Dra...
171K 6.9K 20
*COMPLETED* Harry, Draco and the other seventh years have come to re-do the year. Draco is struggling with post war Hogwarts and is just trying to b...