The lie in my marriage (EDITI...

By khal2mukay

The story of Zainab and Malik, a young couple in their own little bubble living their best life. Then,Amal sh... More

Chapter 1 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 2 (The wedding)
Chapter 3 (A new phase of life)
Chapter 4 (The honeymoon)
Chapter 5 (The honeymoon II)
Not an update
Chapter 6 (Marital life)
Chapter 7 (Marital life cont'd)
Chapter 8 (The Good News)
Chapter 9 (Being pregnant)
Chapter 10 (The intruder )
Chapter 11 (The miscarriage)
Chapter 12 (Coping)
Chapter 13 (Company)
Chapter 14 (Recovering)
Author's note.
Chapter 15 (Home)
Chapter 16 (The Anniversary)
Chapter 17 (Silent feelings)
Chapter 18 (Mixed emotions)
Chapter 19 (The Fundraiser)
Chapter 20 (Insecurity)
Chapter 21 (Longing)
Chapter 22 (Vegas,baby!)
Chapter 23 (Las Vegas Nevada)
Chapter 24 (Balcony love)
Chapter 25 (Opening up)
Chapter 26 (Distance)
Chapter 27 (Denial)
Chapter 28 (Acceptance)
Chapter 29 (Lose ends)
Chapter 30 (The decision)
Chapter 31 (Amal and Malik)
Chapter 32 (Coffee,coffee)
Chapter 33 (Belong with you)
Chapter 34 (I got you)
Chapter 35 (Loving him)
Chapter 36 (Suspicions)
Chapter 37 (Jealous)
Chapter 38 (Attitude)
Chapter 39 (Cold)
Chapter 40 (The other woman)
Chapter 41 (Confession)
Chapter 42 (Confession 2)
Chapter 43 (The lie in my marriage)
Chapter 44 (Shattered)
Chapter 45 (Far and away)
Chapter 46 (The divorce)
Chapter 47 (Consequences)
Chapter 48 (The aftermath)
Chapter 49 (Revelations)
Chapter 50 (Parting ways)
Chapter 51 (Forgiveness)
Chapter 52 (Fight for you)
Chapter 53 (Stay put)
Chapter 54 (Coming home)
Chapter 55 (Bitter sweet)
Chapter 56 (Another chance?)
Chapter 57 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 58 (Hope)
Chapter 59 (Here with you)

Chapter 60 (Labour pains)

10.3K 210 110
By khal2mukay

Ah guys this is a bonus chapter for you all . Some amazing readers kept sending me messages requesting that i write about Zain's childbirth . So tada here goes nothing... anything for y'all cupcakes. Btw TLIMM is ranking #194 in spiritual after ranking in the romance category for weeks. Thanks to everyone of you again,much love.
*************

Zain adjusted herself to a more comfortable position on the sofa resting her legs on the table in front of her as she dipped her hand in the bag of chips she was munching on which was resting on her big protruding tummy. The TV was on but the truth is she wasn't interested in what was showing on the tv,she got tired to flipping through channels and finally settled on a children's channel showing Dora the explorer animation. For some odd reason she smiled to herself and seems to be enjoying it. She raised her gaze to the clock plastered on the wall,it was almost midnight and Malik isn't back home yet. He had called her earlier in the day informing her that he will be staying late as he's choked up with work at the office.

'But it's getting too late and i can't sleep without cuddling next to him.'

'Well you gotta grow some big girl panties and sleep alone tonight because he ain't back yet'.

She immediately shakes off the inner monlogue going on in her head. She seems to be having much of that lately. She stuffed a handful of the chips in her mouth and chewed in a quite unladylike loud manner but she couldn't bring herself to care. Glancing at her phone she tossed on the couch adjacent to where she was seated and she extended her hand to get it. With a triumphant sigh,she gave up because she couldn't reach the phone and she was too comfortable in her position to get up and get it. So she gave up on calling Malik to hear where he was. Minutes later, she dozed off in a slumber with the tv still on.

Malik quickly strided out of the meeting room and fished his phone from the pocket of his slacks. He dialed her number and clicked on the call button, to his dismay the call wasn't answered. His heart jolted in his chest immediately thinking that something has happened to his wife that she wasn't answering her calls.

'What if she's currently in labour you jerk,you left her all by herself you selfish prick.'

He mentally cursed himself as he walked in large strides to his office to get his belongings and head home. He had wanted to be home earlier so he could be with her while he worked from home but Zain insisted that he should stay in the office because she might distract him with her demands.

"Excuse me sir,you haven't signed these documents."

A voice called out distracting Malik from what he was doing. He glanced in the direction and saw his secretary, a young adult not more than 22 years of age fresh from the university was making his way with a file of papers nearly arranged in his hands.

"Adam,i will handle those tomorrow. Right now, i need to leave because it's too late and i have got a heavily pregnant wife at home who is not answering her calls now which makes me wonder if she's already in labour or something worst has happened to her."

Malik babbled hastily picking up his blazer from the hanger an making his way out of the office without waiting for Adam's response.

"I hope all is well sir,see you tomorrow then."

Adam followed behind him and Malik responded with a nod of his head and a manly clap on Adam's shoulder.

"You're probably tired too,get some rest Adam. See you!."

And with that,he entered his car and started the ignition driving with speed to his home.

In half an hour,he was home and he rushed out of the car slamming the door behind him with a loud thud. Entering the living room,the sight of Zain sleeping soundly on the sofa with the TV still on made his nerves calm. He released a sigh and walked further in turning the TV off. He plopped down on the sofa beside Zain tiredly pulling her legs and placing them on his laps as he began to massage her swollen feet. Being a light sleeper as she is,her eyes fluttered open at the sudden feel of touch to her feet.

"Malik you're back?" , she asked groggily covering the yawn that escaped her mouth with the palm of her hand.

"Hey mummy, yes I'm back beautiful ,he answers leaning to place a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm not beautiful" , she snorted.

"No you're beautiful Zain" ,he argued lightly with a chuckle.

"No I'm not. I'm so big and huge like a giant elephant, my feet are swollen like an ogre's and my nose is so big like a boxing glove. Let's not even talk about my bird's nest hair. What a sorry excuse for beautiful."

She pouted.

"That's because you are pregnant babe. Where did you learn those horrible comparisms by the way?"

"I don't know i just see and compare. But it's worth it all."
She stated softly rubbing her hands on her big tummy.

"Yes it is and you're still beautiful to me,pregnant or not."

"I was watching Dora the explorer before i dozed off" ,she chuckled.

"Why? I thought you hate animations ", his eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"Yeah but apparently the baby enjoys them. It's good for the baby i guess."
She giggled.

"Come on let's get you to bed princess ".

He helped her into the bedroom and tuck her in after which he took a quick shower and joined her.

*********************
3:51 am

Zain squirm as she felt a dull pain in her pelvic region. Her eyes opened and immediately got rid of the sleep in them. The pain increased in sharpness and travelled up to her spine making her breath in large puffs as sweat travelled down her back. She sat up but the pain was still torturing her with more muscle contraction. Her ragged breaths woke Malik up as he quickly sat up. Thinking it was her usual time to wake up in need of water her slipped out of bed and began to make his way out of the room to get her some.

Zain clutched her stomach as the pain became more intense,feeling the dampness flowing between her legs,she spread them apart.

"Maliiiiik..." , she screetched in ragged tone.

"I just got you some water,here".
He passed her the glass turning on the light but the situation he saw Zain in almost made him drop the glass to the tiled floor.

"My water just broke Malik,baby time. Aaaaahhhhh take me to the hospital now!" , she barked drenching in sweat.

"Oh my God Zain,hold on."

He quickly changed and got the car ready. He helped her out of the house and inside the car locking the house behind him. The drive to the hospital was relatively shorter despite that the hospital wasn't far from their home.
The nurses immidiately attended to Zain rushing her into the delivery room. Malik felt restless even though the doctor had told them to expect labour anytime as the delivery has exceeded the expected day,he still couldn't help the anxiousness. He called up both of their families and informed them. In less than twenty minutes,the hospital reception was swarmed with both families.

"Excuse me,are you Mrs Zainab's husband?".

Malik glanced up at the middle aged nurse with a petite body in front of him.

"Yes i am" .

"She wants to you inside there with her."

He nodded and stands on his feet walking behind her.

He pushed through the door to the room adjusting the mask on his face. Walking over to her,he held her small shaking hand in his large one. She was exhausted and drenched in sweat.

"Hey babe. You okay?".

She glared at him wincing at the pain she's in.

"No baby,i am just okay as you can see I'm trying to pop out our baby. It's so easy."

She replied sarcastically.

"No I'm not okay... Malik take this pain away. I don't want to have another baby ever again!".

He began to rub her stomach in soft slow manner.
"Breath with me Zain,it is going to be just fine."

"Leave me alone! Stop it,stop touching me."
She whined swatting Malik's hands away.

"Okay Mrs Zainab,i need you to give me one strong push so your baby comes out safely and healthy."
The doctor instructed as Zain nodded with her grip tightening in Malik's hand.

"I don't know if i can do this Malik,just know that i love you and i love my baby in case i don't make it out alive ".

"No Zain,we are fighters and we'll do this together. You and our beautiful baby are going to be just fine. Now all you need to do is push harder. I'm here baby,never going anywhere."
He assured her wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Okay" ,she muttered shakily.

She took a deep breath and pushes with all her might and everything she's got. The pain coursed through her and for a minute she felt numb to the pain as the baby made it's way out of her.

She was panting in shallow breaths and faintly heard the nagging cry of a new born. Her eyes were half closed,tired and weak but she tried as much to open them up to see what's happening around her.

"It's a beautiful healthy baby boy weighing 5 pounds 8 ounces. Congratulations Mr and Mrs Malik."
The nurse came in with the baby wrapped in a light blue blanket. Eager to see his son, Malik took the baby from her immidiately.
He observed the islamic rites for a new born on him and fixed his gaze on the tiny fragile creature in his arms.

"Malik i want to see my baby."

Zain said meekly after regaining consciousness as Malik glanced at her grinning ear to ear.

"Hey mummy here's the cutie. It's an adorable baby boy. He wants his mum now."
He gently placed the baby on her chest and she places her hand to support him. She was tired but seeing the little bundle of joy made her all energetic again as she got emotional and tears of joy flow down her eyes.

"Hey champ" , she gently cooed beckoning Malik with her hand.

"Hey daddy" , she greeted with a beautiful smile.

"You're so amazing Zain, i keep falling deeper for you everyday like the lucky bastard i am".
He placed a light kiss on her forehead and temples brushing away the strands of hair falling out of her messy bun.

"I can't believe he's all ours." She gushed with eyes fixed on her baby.

"Me too baby."

"Should i get your mom?" , Malik asked.

"Not now,i want to take a few minutes to bond with my two favourite boys in the world. Now come here Daddy".

Malik chuckled but did as she said and took a seat beside her takikg Abdullah from her arms.

"Abdullah Malik Ahmad ,how does his name sound?. "

"It's perfect,i couldn't ask for more. I love you two so badly ".
Zain stated with a grin.

"You love us huh? Then spoil us rotten" , Malik winked.

"And that is exactly the plan because you two rock my tiny world. We're perfect for each other".

She replied feeling giddy all over again and looking forward to a new phase of life with her two favourite boyzzzzz.

*****************
Ayye guys i hope this works for you. Love you people soo much. 💜💕❣😘

And those who want to have a glimpse of Amal's story,the spin off to this story is Amal's story. Check it out on my profile,the title is "Second hand hearts".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543K 16K 81
"I'm taking another wife", Mehmal's heart broke when her husband announced. " I love you, Mehmal. Taking another wife doesn't mean I wouldn't love yo...
302K 10.7K 27
She's stuck in a loveless marriage. She's the mother of her brother-in-law's child. And theres someone across the world to who she means the world to...
165K 14.9K 34
Highest Ranking: #1 in Muslim! 9/21 #1 in Islamic! 9/20 #1 in MuslimLoveStory ~ #1 in HalalLove ~ What would you sacrifice for the perfect life? We...
4.3K 121 13
"𝘈𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘶 𝘈𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘬𝘶𝘮." Hamza said as soon as he enter in his room and then sit on the bed. Zainab look up with mixed emotions she open he...