The Winchester [ON HOLD]

由 garrardsrobles

**currently on hold because June is a busy month for me** _ [highest ranking is #31 in horror-thriller] [on h... 更多

info + author's note
aesthetics
chapter one
chapter two
chapter four
chapter five

chapter three

46 8 2
由 garrardsrobles

After the happenings with the man's murder, and the whole window opening thing, I never slept correctly, as in the way I should've. I kept tossing and turning in, still in mind that I was with at the shop not too much before his murder on Monday night.

I never opened my eyes after what felt like eternity, after I heard the creak on my wooden floor, after I felt the hot breath on the nape of my neck.

But I did open my eyes after I felt the warm sun invade my closed eyelids. Then I was sure it was morning and would be foolish to trespass through a teenage girl's window.

It may be childish of me, but there is no shame in taking precautions, because after all, he could've just killed me and steal my possessions but I'd rather die without having my last memory of the person who murdered me.

A thought came into my mind, how would the man have felt before being killed? How was he killed?

And, the thought that disturbed me most, by who?

I came to the conclusion the murderer was waiting for me to finish my last shift, maybe even before he or she kept eyes on him. It could've been months before and no one had a single clue he would be killed.

It's brutal. Greendale had never been the most dangerous town, much less a town where a murderer is running loose. I can't help the feeling that maybe what happened with the window last night wasn't just a coincidence, but connected to the man's murder.

But how would I know? I'm just a kid.

Brushing my bangs back from my forehead, I step out of my comfy bed and step on the cold wooden floor. I walked out of my room, closing the door behind me.

"Glad, you're awake, bluer," My dad walked up the stairs, smiling happily. "Sleep well?"

I nodded. "Yeah, best sleep I had in weeks." I lie.

Telling my dad what happened would be selfish of me. Even now, almost twelve o'clock in the afternoon, he smiled through the bags under his eyes. He's been working a lot lately, covered his shift everyday and some days he would even cover night shifts.

He kissed my hair. "That's good, sweetie."

"Going to work?" I said, frowning.

He nodded and stretched his back, groaning in pain. "Yeah, this case still hasn't been cleared."

My dad works for the GPD - the Greendale's police department. He's one of the chiefs there, making his job less bearable.

"Okay, but remember you need to come home early today. Mom is on a business trip, remember?"

A look of realization crosses his face, "I forgot - I'm sorry, kiddo, but I have to work the night shift today too. Don't worry, your brother is making dinner today." He said.

I've heard that one before. But there is one detail he keeps forgetting, Mark is never around and if he is, he'll be stumbling through the front door - wasted. Since collage started, he's been partying and living the good life, without any thought about his little sister. Besides, I can babysit myself.

"Dad, I don't need Mark to do that, I can look after myself," I said. "I'm not a kid anymore."

He sighed. "I know, I know, I shouldn't be worrying. But your my little princess, and I can't help myself but do my best to protect her."

I smile. "Dad, let me worry about my own protection. Right now, you need to get to work."

"Okay, you're right, 'bye," He kissed my forehead. "And go take a bath, you stink, Caroline."

"Thanks, dad!" I laugh as I walk toward my bathroom, towel in hand, and I smile on my face.

* * *

School was a bore. I kept doodling on random sides of my notebooks while the Mr. Ferrell was explaining something about quadratic formulas. To be honest, I was actually good at math. I liked it. In fact I am top of my class in Algebra.

It's very uncommon nowadays. Even so, with my ability to solve formulas, I suck at English Literature.

I mean who cares what Shakespeare wrote or when was he born? It made no sense, and zero possible reason to make English a class.

We speak it, end of story. Period. Se acabó.

It's the equivalent of taking a shower before a wrestling match - pointless.

I march my way out of Mr. Ferrell's class, feeling tense when thousands of Greendale High students rushing through corridors and some getting shoved by school snitches. Not to say anything more offensive but equally deserved.

I got to my next class, AP science class with Mrs. Caldwell.

I sat down on my usual desk, taking the books I needed out from my maroon backpack and throwing them onto the table.

"Good afternoon, class," Everyone groaned loudly as the teacher walked in, clutching onto her materials against her chest. She rolled her eyes.

"You guys are so lazy," She said, sitting down on her desk chair.

Mrs. Mimi Caldwell was our young science teacher. A full head of beautiful golden hair and crystalline orbs made every single guy in Greendale High praise the land she walked on- including the janitor, and that guy was like fifty years old.

Ancient, I know.

When science passed, immensely slow might I add, the final bell rang, indicating that it was the end of school for today. Thank god.

I can't handle more people shoving my shoulders as I walked down the hallway. Its starting to hurt.

I finally reached my locker and let me tell you, it took me three whole tries before I could fully open it.

You'd think after years of practice, you'll get the hang of it.

I shoved my books in, gracefully, and slammed my locker shut. It felt good after a day in hell. Just as my locker hit the metal, my best friend's smoky eyes came into view beside me.

I jump, startled. "Betty, you scared me!"

"Sorry, Caroline," She squealed. "but I'm so excited for tonight, you ready to get your ass drunk at Josh's party?"

I shook my head. "I can't tonight, I have to make myself dinner again."

"You're alone tonight too, aren't you?"

I sighed and nodded, taking my bag and settling it on my shoulders.

"I've got it," Her grin came back on her face. "I can pick you up, and plus there'll be food at the party too."

"I don't know."

We started toward the two glass doors that led to the outside and away from nasty teenagers and couples going a little bit farther than PG in school.

The gush of wind, as the doors opened, blew my hazel-colored hair from resting on my shoulders.

I contemplated on wether to go with Betty's plan. But I know it would be irresponsible of me to attend a party on a school night. I can take care of myself, there's no doubt of that but, given to the events of the pass night, it would be the right choice to rest tonight, considering my eyes almost dropped in Spanish class, today.

Then again, if the same events happen tonight, it would be dangerous to be alone when there is a murderer out there. Being in a public area suddenly sounded like the best plan, to me.

Betty and I live fairly close to each other, as to why we became such good friends since the beginning.

"Caroline?"

I turn to face my blue eyed best friend who is now frowning, looking at the pavement with a thoughtful look.

"Yeah?"

"I heard the news- about what happened in the shop," She sighed, still looking at the ground. "Have you?"

I nodded.

"That must've been hard for you,"

I retract my eyes from her saddened eyes, feeling my own turn blurry.

"I would understand if you couldn't go." Her voice cracked in the end.

I shook my head. "No, Betty, I have to let loose, especially because of what happened. I need to have a good time, I haven't in a while." She looked up at me with a grin.

She was like a kid sometimes.

I smiled back. "Let's do it."

I was wrong about the last chapter. This one was hard! It's definitely longer by 200 words, give or take.

If you enjoyed this chapter, press that ⭐down there!

Until next time, reader!

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

116K 12.2K 32
Athulya Singhania has spent her entire life in solitude, yearning for the love of a family. Over the years, she mastered the art of concealing her em...
565K 6.7K 26
Lost, Lose (Loose Trilogy #1) She's a girl of hope, Lisianthus Yvonne Vezina. A teen-year-old girl who focused on her goal... to strive. But everyth...
13.3K 2.1K 23
جۆنگ کوک:بە نەفرەت بیت وازم لێ بێنە چیت لە من دەوێت تایهیۆنگ:ششـ ئازیزم بۆچی هاوار دەکەی ئارام بە بۆ باروودۆخت خراپە ༄༄༄༄༄༄༄ جۆنگ کوک:تـ تۆ چیت کرد ت...
525K 21.1K 89
Join the ride full of possessiveness, love,hate,pain,happiness,joy,rudeness.