Behind The Mask

JessiDivergent tarafından

To think anything good would ever happen to me was just a dream. I had a dark past that haunted every bone in... Daha Fazla

Description
Authors Note
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12

Ch. 8

105 8 2
JessiDivergent tarafından

Blake's P.O.V

Zach Brewer, the person I probably hate the most in this world. He is a complete and utter jerk! When I moved into the foster home I had to move schools. Zach and I went to the same school. He picked on me because I was so shy and wouldn't speak to anyone. Of course, he didn't know the reason behind my quietness. He finally stopped picking on me when Josh moved into the foster home. Josh would stand up for me. Even though he was broken down too, we used our silence as a similarity and after a while, Zach backed down. He moved to a different school the summer of sixth grade.

In seventh grade, Josh and I tried out for the high school baseball team and made it. Our first game was against Zach's team. We beat them five to two. Zach go so mad that we were better than him. We've been enemies since. Of course, my hatred is deeper. He picked on me when I was in the hardest time in my life. I could never forgive him for that.

"Are you deaf? Or are you just too shy to answer?" Zach asked. That's it! I would punch him if Olivia weren't here. I am protecting her though, so it would be okay, right? No! It wouldn't be right.

"Shut up Zach. Just leave her alone, got it?"

"I can say whatever I want. Or are you going to stop me?" He cocked an eyebrow at me. He took a step toward me.

"Maybe I will..." I say and take a couple steps toward him. I am only a few feet away from him when a pair of hands grabs my arm and pulls me back. It's Olivia.

"Blake, don't do it. Let's just go find a seat." She says while still pulling my arm. I can't look into her eyes, otherwise I know I will walk away. I keep my gaze on Zach and I just want to smack the smirk off of his face. "Blake, please?!?" I look into Olivia's deep eyes. Dang it! I look back and forth between Olivia and Zach.

"Fine, let's go." I say and turn to walk away.

"Leaving so soon girly?" Zach taunts Olivia. I quickly turn and rush toward him.

"I said leave her alone. Did you not hear me? Or are you to much of a jerk to answer me?" I look straight into his eyes with confidence. He didn't scare me. Not any more.

"Fine." I turn and walk away with Olivia when I hear his voice one last time. "See you on the field, Blake." He leaves with some of his friend and Olivia and I find some seats.

"What the heck was that about?!?" She asks me.

"He's a jerk I know and he was bothering you." Her gaze drops to the floor. I can tell she is blushing a bit.

"Well, thank you." She look back up to me. Her eyes are hypnotizing and I can't look away. I don't want to.

"I umm...uh, umm.. you're welcome." I give her a smile and she shyly smiles back. I then hear a whistle and know that the game has started. They kick off and we receive the ball. "Looks like the game's about to start." I say. You're so stupid! Don't you think she already knows that? There's my sub-conscience again.

"Yeah." Olivia says with a small laugh.

After the first quarter, the score is seven to three and guess who's winning? The stupid Tigers!REALLY!?! Uggg!

Halfway into the second quarter I see a girl with dirty blond hair walking toward us with a bubbly walk; Ally.

"Hey Liv!" She says to Olivia.

"Hey Ally. This is Blake." She gestures to me.

"Hi." Is all I say. Ally gives Olivia this look and then sticks her hand out for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you." She smiles while we shake hands. She lets go and reaches for something in her bag. "I brought snacks guys!" She takes out a box of Nerds, Mike & Ike, and two bags of gummy worms. Yes!

We watch the rest of the quarter and when it's half time, we open the boxes and bags of candy and devour them.

"So, how did you and Liv meet?" Ally asks me.

"We are partners for a project in our Real World Solutions class."

"Oh, how long have you two been dating?" She glances over at Olivia with a smile. I nearly choke on my gummy worm and Olivia spits out her green Mike & Ike.

"Oh, umm, we're not dating." I say and look away. I blush a bit while Olivia is as red as a tomato.

"Sorry, I just figured." Ally says.

"It's fine." Olivia and I say at the same time. We glance at each other then look away.

"Right." Ally says. Olivia elbows Ally a bit. "Oww." Ally chuckles.

The next ten minutes Ally and Olivia tell me how they became best friends. Ally does most of the talking actually. They tell me that they've been best friends since kindergarden, but Ally moved here when they were in eighth grade. Olivia just moved here this past summer and they have stayed best friends through all of that time. No wonder I didn't remember Olivia in any other of my classes. I would have definitely remembered her.

The whistle blows again and it signals the start of the third quarter. It took a lot but we finally managed to get the score to be twenty-one to seventeen. We were still losing but not by that much.

I will spare you the details of the rest of the quarter. Basically, we got the score to be twenty-four to twenty-four; a tie. All we had left was the fourth quarter and both teams were nervous, especially Olivia.

"Let's go Wolves! COME ON!" She screams. She is standing and waving her hands in frustration for dramatic effect. It makes her look kind of crazy. It's funny, I can't help but laugh. "What?" She asks confused.

"Nothing." I reply, trying my best not to laugh. Olivia gives me a look of suspicion but turns her attention back to the game.

In the last thirty seconds of the game, the Tigers decide to try and make a field goal from the 40 yard line. For those of you that don't know, thirty seconds is a lot of time in a football game; anything can happen. If they make it in, they would get three points added and win the entire game. If they missed it, we would get the ball and start where they left off; an advantage and it increases the chance of winning.

The Tiger's kicker lines up a couple feet away from the ball to get a running start. The entire stadium is quiet, even Olivia. She is hunched over her legs, awaiting the next play. I would have never thought she would be this into sports. The kicker starts to run and kicks the football hard. It flies in the air and....MISSES! Just barely missed the goal! Every Wolves fan stands up and cheers, even me! We have a great chance of winning now.

"We have twenty-five seconds to score a touchdown." Olivia says. Her eyes never leaving the field. The whistle blows causing the time to start again. We hear the yells of commands from the quarterback the the time still ticking; twenty seconds.

The players take off, our team trying to find a way to score. Seventeen seconds left. I see one of our players running toward the goal line; Josh. Twelve seconds remaining. The quarterback notices Josh getting closer to the line and throws the ball; nine seconds.

Everyone is on the edge of their seats. This is it: we either make it or don't. Time seems to slow down. Josh jumps into the air to retrieve the ball; eight seconds. Josh catches the ball and it's a touchdown! We did it, we won! The crowd goes wild!

I stand up to cheer and so does everyone else. We are shouting of excitement. I turn to see Olivia's reaction. She is jumping up and down from excitement. She turns to me and the next thing I know she is hugging me.

OLIVIA IS HUGGING ME! I couldn't be happier!

I'm excited for both my school and personal win that I pick her up and spin her around. She lets out a squeal but then starts to laugh. This couldn't get any better. I set her down and look into her eyes. She blushes and I can't help but blush a bit too. Everything is just so easy with her. She knows me on a deeper level; it's crazy to think about it.

"Sorry." We say, embarrassed, at the same time. I can't help but smile at what just happened. The sparks just flew sky-high between us.

"Okay, I know for sure something happened between you two. I turn away for a second to celebrate and turn back to see you two staring awkwardly at each other." Ally says smirking at us. Neither of us speaks. "Anyways, Liv and I have to go. I'm staying over at her house for the night."

"Okay, umm, I have to go. So, see you tomorrow Blake." Olivia says smiling. She is trying her best to avoid my eyes but it doesn't really work.

"Bye." I say and wave goodbye. I can hear Ally beg Olivia to tell her what is going on between us tomorrow but Olivia just shakes her head and laughs.

Now we just have to wait and see if I survive waiting for tomorrow to come.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N

OMG! I am sorry that this is a late weekend update, but I was very busy with my sister's birthday and stuff. At least I did update, right?

Anyways, up next is the carnival. Yay! Who's excited?

Well, I hope you all "survive" the wait of the next update. 😉

Keep enjoying summer!

~JessiDivergent

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

7.3M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
99.7K 4.7K 39
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
160K 5.8K 61
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
4M 86.4K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...