Caught in the Middle

By Sabine_Josephina

Riley has never been in the eye of boys. They glance, but nothing more. She has no experience, and has no ide... More

Caught in the Middle
Caught in the Middle~Chapter 3
Caught in the Middle~Chapter 4
Caught in the Middle~Chapter 5
Caught in the Middle~Chapter 6
Caught in the Middle~Chapter 7
Caught in the Middle~Chapter 8

Caught in the Middle~Chapter 2

78 6 1
By Sabine_Josephina

Girl the way you movin' got me in a trance

Dj turn me up ladies this yo jam (Come on)

What is that obnoxious noise? I opened one eye and tried to look around. Who dares to wake me up on a Sunday? And who would wake me up to No Hands? I tried to ignore the blaring music that entered my room and tried to go back to sleep.

Imma sip mascato and you gon' loose them pants

And Imma throw this money while you do it with no hands

What time is it? I found my phone near my head and checked the time. I had to do a double take, because obviously my still sleepy eyes were trying to make me crazy. 6:30! Why is anyone up this early, on any day?  I tried to ignore the shaking of my floor, so I could go back to sleep until at least ten.

Girl drop it to the floor I love the way yo booty goooo

All I wanna do is sit back and watch you move and I'll proceed to throw this cash

Realizing I was never going to fall back to sleep I slowly got up and walked to the source of my annoyance. My eyes rolled when I realized the song was coming from neighbor number one’s room. Of course like mine, his window was opened. I pulled up the blinds and saw him working out. Of course he worked out; you don’t get the Hollister model look by sitting on the couch all day eating cheese munchies.

I picked my jaw up of the ground, so and looked away. I could not have him see me watching him. From his smirk last night he seemed arrogant, and something like him thinking I was checking him out would never be forgotten.

I grabbed a giant rubber band from the floor and took my aim. I shot the band through the space in between our houses and it landed on his chest, just as he sat down on the bench to lift more weights. He picked it up questioningly and looked in my direction. He walked over and leaned against the window frame.

“Do you mind turning that off? It’s a little too loud for 6:30 in the morning.” I had to yell over the music, but he wasn’t too far away. If we both leaned out our windows we could probably touch. That’s how close the houses are together.

“What? I can’t hear you,” he pointed to his ear and shrugged. I would have believed him if I couldn’t see him trying to hide the smirk coming across his face.

“Then turn it off so you can hear me!”

“I don’t think I want to hear you.”

“Trust me, I don’t want to talk to you, especially this early.”

He brought his hand up to his heart, as if I hurt him. “Ouch, that hurts.”

“Did I bruise your ego?” I tried to hide my smile behind my concerned face.

“A little bit, but I know how you could make it up to me.” He winked, and the corner of his lips twitched into a small smile.

I gave him my best; ‘Ew, I don’t even know your name, and there is no way that’s happening’ look.

He shrugged, “My name’s Sage, and it could happen, if I want it to bad enough.”

I rolled my eyes, “My name’s Riley. Wouldn’t I have to want it to happen?”

“There you go again. Do you enjoy crushing my ego?” I shrugged and tried to look nonchalant. “That’s twice in a minute; you’re really going to have to make this up to me. Besides you’ll want it to, and when you do I’ll be here waiting for you to make it up to me.”

“Is that what you’re going to do with your life, wait for me to want you?”  I tilted my head slightly to the side. That’s when I realized it was quiet. He must have turned off the music. I was surprised when I didn’t notice. It’s because I’m still sleepy. I could be sleeping now and this is just a dream. Or I could be sleep talking. That’d be sort of weird.

“Please, you’ll want me way more then I’ll want you.”

“That’s no way to get in girls’ hearts.”

“I don’t care about being in their heart, just their pants.” I couldn’t help it, I laughed.

“I’m glad you appreciate my kind of humor.” He said chuckling himself.

I shook my head, still laughing. “I don’t appreciate it; I just know how to tolerate it. I have a high tolerance for comments such as those.”

“That’s a good trait.”

“I know, I have a lot,” he started laughing now.

“So I’m not the only one with a big ego.”

“Yup, but I don’t need someone to tell me how great I am.”

“Has anyone ever told you that?” His concerned face looked better than mine.

“Now who’s crushing egos?”

“I’m sorry. You seem great, but do you see how great I am? I just said sorry.”

“Oh my gosh are you okay? Are you about to die now? I know how hard that is.”

“I don’t know, I might need some coffee to save me. You want to come?”

“Sorry, I’m about to go swimming, and I don’t really like coffee.”

“Fine, but when you change if the blinds are up and I happen to walk by, you can’t get mad at me. For you, because you seem pretty cool I’ll try to respect your privacy.”

“As much as a teenage boy can?”

“We barely know each other, yet you already understand me so well.” I rolled my eyes and went to pull the blinds down.

“Bye, Riley.”

I guess he’s not too bad. I kind of liked joking around with him. I thought back through our conversation and smiled. “He is so going to want me.” I said to myself while I reached down and pulled my teal bikini from a box. “Especially with you,” I just might like living here.

I changed and walked into my bathroom. I looked in a box sitting on the counter and found my tooth brush and all other necessities for good hygiene.  I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and flashed myself a duck face and a peace sign.

I dipped a toe in the water and quickly pulled it back out. No way could I go swimming in water that was obviously the perfect temperature for nothing besides a polar bear. How a pool was this cold in the summer, well I don’t really know. I guess I’ll just lie out in the sun and work on my tan even though I was dark enough already. Living twenty minutes from the beach wasn’t a useless thing.

I gasped when I felt hands push on my lower back, and screamed when I entered the water. I trapped air in my lungs before my head went under. My toes grazed the bottom of the pool as I let myself sink lower. Once my feet were flat I pushed off back to the warmer world.

Elizabeth was lying on her stomach with her head hanging over the side. Her cute little devilish laugh was barely heard over my chattering teeth.

“What the heck?” I tried to yell as I pushed myself up onto the side.

“Sorry Riley, it was just too tempting.” She managed to get out between her bursts of laughter. I shot her a glare; she tried to hold the stare. However, my getting pushed into a pool was too funny for her to focus on anything.

I planted myself and tried my best to become a sun magnet. I don’t think it was working very well. “Lizzy, I am such a better sister then you are! I would never through you into a cold pool and scare five years off your life.”

“I said sorry,” I just rolled my eyes knowing I would get her back. “Besides my friend Nicole is coming over and we’re about to go swimming anyway. So, through me in if you want it won’t really matter.”

A few minutes later the gate connecting my yard and neighbor number two’s house opened. Nicole was my sister’s friend that she met when her and my parents came up. Ever since we decided to move my parents and sister drove here every day to move more stuff in. So we wouldn’t have so much stuff when we moved the rest of our crap here. Nicole was probably tied with my sister for the cutest little girls I have ever seen. She had light brown hair that fell straight just below her chin. She held her sparkling grey eyes wide as she glanced around my back yard. She smiled at me and waved. I couldn’t help but smile back. When a little girl is missing most of her teeth and she already looks like Nicole, it’s just plain adorable.

“Hi, I'm Nicole. Are you Riley? How old are you?”

“Um, yeah I'm Riley, and I'm 16”

“That’s how old my brother is, but he’s about to be 17. I’m only seven but in a few weeks I’ll be eight.”

“Well happy almost birthday,” that caused her smile to grow even wider. “I think I sort of met your brother.”

“Yeah, he said he saw you in your room. Then he said he felt bad or something, I don’t really remember.” She then ran up to my sister, grabbed her hand, then they both jumped in that freezing water.

So comment and such you lovely people! Make my day :)

The two girls in the picture are my friends Piper and Rachel. Piper=Nicole and Rachel=Elizabeth

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

474K 14.3K 41
"Do I make you nervous, Sweetheart?" He spoke lowly. "Psh, no! I just-" I gasped when his tongue flicked out and touched my neck. My hands flew up t...
253K 9.4K 25
Riley Brown. The name sends chills down the spines of her classmates. But that doesn't mean she's evil, in fact, she's very fun and brave behind that...
3K 158 25
[COMPLETED] Elizabeth, aka Ellie, is what most would describe as a "normal" girl. She has a family, she has friends, and even some enemies, and she g...
264K 10.5K 29
Started 16.4.17 Finished 7.6.17 HIGHEST RANK IS #10 IN TEEN FICTION :) Current cover is by @Aisling_Page "Hey," an unfamiliar voice said behind me, I...