The Family (IV)

By boss_baby_

BOOK 4. The Family series. WARNING: This part is darker than the rest. ORIGINAL. More

1: The Heir
2: Strauss Siblings
3: Past Made Known
4: Invel Yura
5: Purple
6: The Two
7: Pain and Pleasure
8: Memory
9: The Contract
10: Letter
11: The Threat
12: Family or Not
13: Next Generation
14: Mother
Lucas Natheo Dragneel
15: Until The Toll Is Paid
16: She's Clean
17: Purple Flower
18: Loved By Everyone
19: Loyalty
21: Know No Peace
22: Not Allowed to Die
23: Choice To Make
24: It's Beautiful
La Familia
RESPECT PLEASE
Note From Boss
NEWS

20: Two to The Heart. One to The Head

4.5K 187 77
By boss_baby_

Zeref walked closer to him, arm stretched out as he handed Natsu the cellphone.

The Don stared at the device with expectant eyes as he received it.

He better be hearing a good report from Rufus Lore. That was the only thing he needed, not a new set of problems.

"Speak," he said in his authoritative voice.

"Don, it's me. I have something crucial to report."

With that, Natsu was even more eager to know.

"I caught the Chinese Head talking on the phone yesterday."

"What did you find out?"

"He was discussing with someone," Rufus paused for a moment before he continued, "I understood that it was about Lucas."

By the mention of the name, Natsu's grip on the phone tightened. If he wasn't holding back, the gadget would have shattered into bits seconds ago.

"I have confirmed it," he said with conviction, "Everything was a collaboration. The Chinese Head was the one giving the order to kill the heir."

The Don straightened up as he breathed in a decent amount of air, trying to keep his calm together. Zeref and Jellal could tell he was struggling to do so.

"The name," Natsu sounded gruff, hinting his impatience, "Did you get the name of his contact?"

"Yes."

It sounded like good melody into his ear.

"Who?"

And Rufus gave him the answer he was looking for.

The name which he thought was part of his Family.

The name that brought him pain and cost a life of one loyal child.

"Yura."

Judging by the sound of silence that instantly spread across the office, and by Natsu's eyes turning narrow and lips tightening into a thin line, they knew...

The Don finally got the name of whoever it was that brought chaos into his House.

It was quiet and the atmosphere around him was growing heavier and heavier each second that passed.

He stood motionless, the phone still in his hand an inch away from his ear.

"Remember how the Nura clan was wiped out?" Natsu finally spoke, his voice firm.

"Of course," Rufus answered, remembering the bombing that took place four years ago, "You had their entire land buried in ashes."

"Do it again," the Don ordered without any sign of unwillingness, "Don't return until every inch of that Chinese hellhole turns into black charcoal."

Even Zeref was pleased with that order.

"Understood. With pleasure."

After that final word, Natsu ended the call. Placing the device on the desk table with a careless motion.

Now that he finally had the name of the one who supposedly killed his boy, there was only one thing left that was missing.

Wendy's murderer.

As if he remembered something very important -and yes, it was- his head jerked up, eyes filled with realization.

Natsu turned his head to face Zeref, the look on his face so eager.

"Brother, answer this question," he asked although he seemed to know the answer, "Wendy was shot in which vital organs?"

"Two to the heart. One to the head," Zeref answered surely. Mavis had told him the locations where the helpless girl was hit.

"And the driver?" Natsu asked again, still appearing like he already knew the answer.

"The same. Both of them were shot at the same parts of the body."

Natsu released a sharp breath.

That was it.

He finally connected all the incidents in one plotline.

The meeting with the China man...the refusal to help...Lucas' attempted murder...Lisanna being framed...the poison...the lollipop...Wendy being killed...Gunshots to the same vital organs...

Lucas and Wendy's killer...

Lead to only one man.

Of course,

How could he forget?

There was only one person Natsu knew that had that kind of killing pattern: Two to the heart and one to the head.

He has never been so sure his entire existence.

"Of course...it's him." Natsu murmured, his voice in complete realization.

"Who?" Jellal questioned, eager to know as well.

Back when that man still worked as Natsu's contract killer, he always killed with the same technique on every target he was ordered to eliminate.

Natsu's eyes hardened as he spoke the name in disgust,

"Invel Yura."

.

.

.

The double doors of the massive living room opened, revealing the people in the Family. Still mourning at the loss of Wendy Fernandes.

Their solemn faces turned as Natsu came in, followed by his brother and Jellal.

"Where's that son of a bitch?!" Jellal wasted no time in searching for the face of Wendy's killer. He was scanning the room with a dark scowl on his face.

They all gave him a confusing look. None of them knew whom he was looking for.

"It was Invel," Zeref announced to them to clear all the confusion.

And he need not explain any further than that.

Because they all understood what he meant.

Invel.

He was the one they were chasing for.

"I fucking knew it," Bickslow sounded somewhere in the room.

"Where is he?" Natsu spoke.

Making everyone turn to him.

"I hadn't seen him since...since Lucas' incident," Laki with the lavender hair answered. The sound of her voice hinting that she just remembered that.

Even the others just realized the man's absence as well.

The compound went through a lot the past few days that the mere absence of once person was not noticed.

Lucy stood up form one of the couches, walking towards Natsu with Lucas in her arms.

"What about the Chinese?" she asked.

"It was a plot," he answered, "Invel works for him now."

Lucy's eyebrows furrowed. To think that Lisanna almost died for his actions, that would have been a terrible mistake.

"Did anyone tell him that Lucas is alive?" the Head turned to look at the others in the room.

There was no answer.

By the looks of it, nobody told him yet.

"Good."

Was his short word before turning to leave.

But not before turning to the blonde man with a scar across his eye,

"Get your M24," Natsu's voice as deadly as the weapon he mentioned, "You're coming with me."

Laxus nodded.

The last time he held that weapon was when he served the military. And the last time he held that rifle, someone died.

"Where are you going?" Lucy sounded worried, "It's still dark."

"To take a life that's long overdue," Natsu answered as he walked out the door, not sparing her a look in the eye.

"Wait!" she ran to catch up with him, "Take me with you!"

But Jellal blocked her path, stretching an arm in front of her.

"Don't," he said as he watched the Don walk away, "Let him finish this once and for all."

.

.

Black cars were parked in the huge driveway at the front of the Main House.

The huge double doors opened as Natsu walked out with Laxus who was carrying a firearm with him. They went to two separate cars. This time, Natsu didn't need someone to drive for him.

As he slid into the car and closed the door, he reached for the cellphone in his pocket.

The traitor's number was on the dial.

Not for long, the other end of the line was answered.

"Don, what a surprise! Is there something I can help you with?"

Invel answered with enthusiasm. It only made Natsu want to kill him even sooner.

His voice sounded innocent. Too innocent.

As if he didn't know that Wendy was already dead. As if he had nothing to do with it.

"Meet me at Hargeon Bridge," Natsu said bluntly.

"Hargeon?" Invel clarified, "My, My...did something happen?"

"Now," instead of answering his pointless question, Natsu went straight to the point.

"Of course. Right away, sir."

And with that, Natsu ended the call without a single goodbye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 6.1K 22
BOOK 2. The Family series. ORIGINAL.
560K 18.9K 30
When Mira offers certain members to a vacation... Lucy knows something's up... Especially when Mira pairs her and Natsu up... {A Summer Book}
59.5K 1.1K 37
(Editing process complete) After the death of her unborn child, Lucy struggles to get over the grief. As she starts a new life as a teacher she unex...
2.2K 111 15
*SEQUEL TO "MY NEW ENGLISH TEACHER"* Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters or artwork. Only the storyline. WARNING: Contains smut, mature l...