Poe Dameron [One-Shots]

By TaurelinStar

One-shots about our favorite Star wars Pilot! [Well he's my favorite] :P I like to think that this set of one... More

A/N. Requests Open
#1 He Knew
#2 He Dreams of Her [Part 1]
#3 He Dreams of Her [Part 2]
#4 Hurt My Feelings [Part 1]
#6 Fight Fire With Fire [Part 1]
#5 Hurt My Feelings [Part 2]
#7 He Dreams of Her [Part 3]
#8 Fight Fire With Fire [Part 2]
#9 Fight Fire With Fire [Part 3]
# 10 Silent Crushing [Part 1]
#11 Snickers on Comms
#12 Fight Fire With Fire [Part 4]
#13 I'll Be There [Part 1]
#14 I'll Be There [Part 2]
#15 Day Dreamer [Part 1]
#16 Day Dreamer [Part 2]
#17 I Can't Right Now
#19 BB, It Doesn't Work Like That! [Modern AU]
#20 Droid Art
#21 Force Of Nature
#22 Army
#23 Is He Alive? [Part 1]
#24 Is He Alive? [Part 2] [Request]

#18 You Can't Spell H.O.P.E Without P.O.E

1.1K 27 16
By TaurelinStar

You sat on the roof watching the fighters come back in from a routine drill. You would always sit up here when Poe was gone. He was your best friend, and your boyfriend. Though you didn't really like to use that term. You knew that the two of you were more than that even. You had talked with Poe about it before, and you both knew that you were going to live the rest of your lives together. But that being said, he hasn't ever actually proposed...

But right now you were feeling really hopeless. You always did when Poe was gone. He was on some sort of secret mission, and had been gone now for over 2 months. The time without him was starting to wear you thin. You ate less, you slept less than you ate, and you cried more.

Like seriously. You never cry. Well, not unless you are extremely tired and you've been bottling up your emotions for too long... Oh, nevermind, it makes sense now.

You used the sleeve of your sweater to wipe the salty water off your face. You weren't allowed to know when Poe was coming back, and you were starting to get the impression that command didn't actually know when he was coming back.

He always comes back you, reminded yourself, picking up a small device next to you and turning it on. The headphones you were wearing started playing soft music.

Poe was always so sweet, he liked to do adorable romantic things, that to anyone else would seem really insignificant, but made your heart practically explode with love for him. Like now. Somehow Poe had managed to record himself singing a bunch of songs, and every week that he was gone, Command would give you another recording. Today you had gotten an 11th recording. You finally got up the courage to play it and pushed a button on the device.

More soft music played in the background of the recording. you could hear him moving around a little bit, and you sucked in a breath when his voice started to speak. He said your name and in that one word were so many different emotions that you didn't have the time to process because he moved on, "If your listening to this one, then I've been gone about 11 weeks now. I miss you. Alot. And I'm sorry, I'm not there with you. I Love you baby. I'll be home soon." then he started to sing: ><

You started crying, even before Poe had started singing. And then you cried for the rest of the song. After the music had faded Poe spoke back up,

"Just remember that I love you. that this is a lot easier for me knowing that you've got everything under control back at home. I love you baby... so much it hurts. And don't worry about me too much, you know. I always come back... I love you baby. I-" Poe was interrupted by a faint staticy beeping sound in the background, you assumed it was BB-8. "Alright baby, I gotta go, but just keep your hopes up okay, I'll be back soon, I promise. I love you. Goodbye baby." you heard him shuffling around, "Okay, okay" he laughed, "I'm comin-" the recording cut off. It was over. You pressed replay.

You sat there for long while, watching the ships come and go. Watching the sunset. Hitting replay.

Poe had told you to keep your hopes up. He must have said that in about every recording so far. You smiled wanly, thinking about how good it would feel right now to just hold him in your arms again. You felt empty. Not full of hope like he needed you to be.

But you tried regardless. You just kept telling yourself that you had to believe that he would be okay, and that he would come home safe. It had sort of become a mantra in your head. It never really worked.

It was always easier to hope when you were with Poe.

A/N

Here is another short oneshot that i whipped out for you guys! Let me know what you think! and If you don't mind, go check out the first chapter of a new Poe Dameron Romance book, that I just posted called, The Last People.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/147672748-the-last-people-an-earth-in-star-wars-romantic-au

Let me know what you think!

BYE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 179 29
Her head was spinning, her mind swirling around with questions and thoughts. Tears spilled out her eyes uncontrollably and no one could stop them. Sh...
1.5K 32 13
Poe Dameron x OC Takes place during The Force Awakens *** Brianna Organa-Solo must fight her brother, with the help of her best friend Poe Dameron...
16.1K 228 14
Who doesn't love Poe Dameron? This book has some short stories about the cocky Resistance pilot as well as some X Reader stuff!
279K 5.4K 44
[+STARWARS] ー a book full of one-shots & imagines of commander (general?) poe dameron i think would be cool to write down and post. just for fun! All...