The Girl Nextdoor

By hoplessromantic143

Camila Cabello is an average girl. She's not popular, or somewhere in between. She belongs to a group that he... More

Pilot
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Quick Question
IMPORTANT
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Important I guess
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Help?
Chapter 39
Hey guys...
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65: Part 1
Chapter 65: Part 2
Chapter 65: Part 3
Chapter 66
Chapter 67: Part 1
Chapter 67: Part 2
Chapter 67 Part: 3
Chapter 67: Part 4
Chapter 67: Part 5
Chapter 68 Part 1
Chapter 68: Part 2
Chapter 68 Part 3
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71: Part 1
Chapter 71: Part 2
Chapter 72: Part 3
Hey guys!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Important
Need your help!!
Come say hi
The book cover
Fin

Chapter 5

47.2K 1.5K 3.9K
By hoplessromantic143

Camila's POV

At home I sat in my room for about an hour counting down the minutes. I had made sure to pick out the best thing I owned to wear. I also took the liberty of curling my hair into loose curls, but decided that I'd be more comfortable in a pony tail in the end. I wore a white and blue 1D baseball tee where it's sleeves met at three quarters, Short jean shorts, and navy blue converse. I kept my glasses on because I couldn't do anything about them. I mean I had contacts but I've always preferred wearing glasses.

I looked at the time on my phone again. 4:57. Crap it was time. I looked at myself in the mirror once more. I looked decent enough. But decent wasn't good enough.

Ugh I can't believe I'm acting as if this is a date or something. Snap out of it Camila.

I took a deep breath and made my way over. When I got there, I hesitated to ring the door bell.

Chill Camila you can do this. I encouraged myself.

I took a deep breath and rang the door bell. I waited patiently. Then heard footsteps coming towards the door. The door knob turned then flew open. I was relieved to see that it was not the Jauregui I had been expecting. Clara stood at the door and opened her arms to embrace me in a huge hug. "Camila honey!" She beamed.

"Hi Mrs.Jauregui." I smiled, hugging her back.

"Look at you." She said putting her hands on my shoulders. "You've grown so much since the last time I've seen you. Your so mature looking and beautiful." She smiled.

I looked at my shoes. "Thanks."

She then held my hands in her own. "So what brings you over?"

"Um Lauren and I...we have a project we were assigned to do together." I explained to her.

"You and Lauren? I'm so happy you guys are finally becoming friends." She smiled. "Come in." She said motioning her hand.

I smiled and walked in. "Were...something like that." I commented.

She nodded understandably. "I know Lauren can be a little intimidating and rude sometimes, but I promise she's a great girl."

"I know..." I smiled remembering the Lauren I know.

"Gosh mom. No need to flatter me." Lauren said leaning against the counter. She wore a Lana del Rey black tee with black pj shorts and her cute bunny slippers.

She pushed back her brown loosely curled locks...Stunning as always.

" Oh Lauren." She chuckled. "Listen girls, I'm going to be out for a bit to help Mrs.Cabello set up a few more last things for the benefit. Be good."She said pointing at us.

"No promises." Lauren smirked.

I scoffed because I had choked on my own saliva.

"Be back in a bit." Lauren's mom said before leaving through the door.

No promises...She's kidding. Right? Yeah she had to be.

I looked back at her and met her green orbs.

"So Bows, remind me of your real name again?"

"Camila. Camila Cabello."

"Hhhmm. CaMELA CabeYO. Did I pronounce that correct?"

I smiled in surprise. "Yeah actually."

"It's too long though. How about Camz? How does that sound?"

"Sure." I told her, totally in love with my new nick name. "But you're not gonna call me bows like everyone else?"

She shrugged. "Nah. That's particularly the reason why I won't, because I'm not everyone." She winked.

"Your joking right?" I asked her.

"No. I mean I'll only call you Camz when were alone, just because you seem..." She said trying to formulate her words. "..interesting to me. But don't get the wrong idea. I can't be friends with you. We're too different. So in public you're Cabello. Both formal and unfriendly and...something different. That okay?"

"Yeah." I nodded. I totally knew where she was coming from and I agreed with her.

"Good now that we got our boundaries set, let's go." She said walking towards me then forcefully grabbing my hand.

She's holding my hand!?!

She led me up to her room. When we got there she opened her door and practically threw me in to her room, making me loose my balance for a few seconds. After, I regained my composure, I carefully scanned her room. She had many celebrity posters on her sea green walls, trophies set on a shelf above her dresser, a pile of band magazines lying on the wooden floor, a king sized bed with a blue comforter followed by a huge cute plush puppy on her bed, a huge black case of make up lying on her counter with a few pencils, lipsticks and many other make up materials scattered around it, a desk with a bunch of really good books on top of it, a blue bean bag chair facing her bed, and lastly a guitar and key board standing on the far side of her bedroom.

It looked nothing different than my own room. K, maybe except the wall color, the make up case, and the amount of plush animals on her bed.

"You can uh, sit where ever you want." She said throwing her hand up.

I nodded and sat on her bed. I ran my fingers on her comforter as she sat down on the bean bag chair.

"So, CAMZ." She said emphasizing my name. " You don't talk much, tell me about yourself." She said propping her elbows on her knees and resting her head in between her hands.

I scrunched my face in thought. "Well were do I start?"

"Anywhere you want we got nothing but time." She slightly smiled.

"Well, I was originally born in Cuba. Then moved to Mexico. And then moved to Miami. I've lived here ever since. I have one younger sibling. Her name's Sofi she's the most adorable thing ever-"

"Lie." She interrupted me.

"What?"

"You're the most adorable thing ever." She smirked. "But she is your sister so I might be wrong."

Was... was she flirting with me? Or playing with me? I don't know. I shook it off.

"Anyway, my mom became a pretty successful baker, while my father works as a pharmacist at the UOM hospital. And that's basically it. Sorry I'm not interesting." I apologized.

"Another lie. Tell me, what are your interests, goals...dreams." She smiled.

"Well, for starters I love one direction, Ed Sheeran and Demi Lovato. One directions just perfect, Ed is a genius and Demi she's just a role model for me. I admire the way she goes out of her way to stand up for people and save them. And she's done that for me a lot. When I really did need someone I knew I could count on her. She was that type of role model you know?"

She smiled. "Yeah....Like me right? Aren't I like that for you too?"

I chocked on my own saliva and coughed. "W-what?" I stuttered.

She smirked. "I see the way you look at me Camila. The way you admire me from a far... you think I don't notice but I do. You notice things that shouldn't be noticed about me. But I guess that's okay because you must feel like I'm a role model or something for you."

I looked away and blushed. " I don't know what your talking about."

She shook her head lightly as she suppressed a laugh. Then walked towards me.

I continued to look away fearing that I'd turn even redder. I then felt her hand on my cheek. My heart literately skipped a beat. She turned my head to face her. Her face was literately a few centimeters away from mine.

"Then perhaps a crush? Or am I wrong?" She breathed on my lips.

My eyes widened as her warm breath sent chills through my body. I couldn't believe this was happening...I closed my eyes hard trying to keep it cool, but failed miserably.

She smirked. "I knew it." She slowly breathed onto my lips again.

I felt my heart beat in my ears. The butterflies, tingles and desire all came rushing through me. Hitting me harder than that bus that hit Regina George. Truly making my resistance less durable. I wanted her. It was as simple as that. She was this close and I've been waiting for a moment like this practically all year. But I couldn't. I mean I could but I shouldn't.

Through my conflicted emotions, my head was able to realize what she had been doing. She was trying to get me to kiss her, and fall into her trap. And as stupid and ignorant as I was... I did.

I looked deep into her dark green orbs.

"You know what Lauren Jauregui?" I breathed.

"What?" She smirked.

"Fuck you." I said before I crashed our lips together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.5K 1K 30
Thrown together for a project that is due by the end of the year, Camila Cabello and Lauren Jauregui battle through the stages of a relationship in H...
216K 5.2K 24
Lauren Jauregui became friends with five weird yet amazing girls. Camila, her best friend, keeps on giving her mixed signals which lead to Lauren thi...
665K 18.4K 24
Camila Cabello, a girl who have always been struggling to talk properly due to her speech disorder that she had been suffering from since she was a l...
232K 4K 22
Basic high school love story. Popular Lauren and basic Camila fall in love. What if love is the only thing they have in common? Is love really all? I...