The Girl Nextdoor

Av hoplessromantic143

Camila Cabello is an average girl. She's not popular, or somewhere in between. She belongs to a group that he... Mer

Pilot
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Quick Question
IMPORTANT
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Important I guess
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Help?
Chapter 39
Hey guys...
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65: Part 1
Chapter 65: Part 2
Chapter 65: Part 3
Chapter 66
Chapter 67: Part 1
Chapter 67: Part 2
Chapter 67 Part: 3
Chapter 67: Part 4
Chapter 67: Part 5
Chapter 68 Part 1
Chapter 68: Part 2
Chapter 68 Part 3
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71: Part 1
Chapter 71: Part 2
Chapter 72: Part 3
Hey guys!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Important
Need your help!!
Come say hi
The book cover
Fin

Chapter 4

47.3K 1.4K 2.7K
Av hoplessromantic143

Camila's POV

I was in advanced choir, one of the five classes that Lauren and I shared. Well Lauren, I, Dinah, Darren, Michael, and Madison.

It was half past 1 leaving only a few minutes of class left. Thankfully, So far my day had gone great, I only got tormented twice today which was good considering it was me. I hadn't had much interactions with Lauren as I hoped for lately but I quickly understood that it was simply apart of me that hoped for too much.

After we sang a quick ballad. Our teacher Mr.Swope, an odd white man, who wore spectacles, had curly brown/grey hair, blue eyes and almost had a resemblance to Will Shoester from Glee, but older, got our attention by throwing a pen across the room.

He was an intriguing man. By intriguing I mean that he was very odd. He believed that throwing objects like flash lights and sometimes even chairs at students was okay. Especially when they weren't paying attention or were too loud. He also had an arranged collection of rubber duckies and frogs for reasons I yet have to understand.

Yes, he might of been very unusual and may resemble many symptoms of physco logical problems but overall he was one of the best music teachers in Miami. And his success sort of makes up for all his craziness.

"Now class. It's the beginning of the year-" Mr.Swope began.

"Not really, we started over a month ago." Darren interjected.

"Yes, that is true but it's still the beginning." He said griping a flash light.

Darren put his hands up in defense. "I'm just saying."

The class let out a laugh.

"Anyway..." Mr.Swope began to say. "We're going to have a start of the year project. You and a partner are going to write a song. Play it, sing it, and connect your genre to something similar in the past. Best song and careful analysis wins...drum roll please."

The class hit their hands against their thighs in an attempt to make a drum roll. Tickets to the duck museum!" Mr. Swope said holding up two tickets.

Everyone groaned.

"Trust me going to this...will change you." Mr. Swope beamed.

"Into a physco path." Michael smirked.

The preps chuckled within themselves.

I rolled my eyes at them.

"Fine, and maybe I'll throw in Demi Lovato Tickets." Mr.Swope complied. "But only if your song is absolutely perfect and blows the charts off my rubric."

Everyone gasped in excitement. Then began to talk among themselves. But I don't blame them, ITS DEMI FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

"Hey Bows." I heard Madison call me.

I turned my head and cocked my brow. "Yeah?"

"We're partners."

I think I almost gagged. I put my hand up. "I think I'll pass."

She laughed. "It wasn't a question. You're my partner and that's the end of it."

I sighed because I knew what hey let's be partners meant; I do all the work and get half the credit.

I rolled my eyes and obliged. "Fine."

"Good. I love it when you listen to me." She winked.

I averted her gaze. God I hate her so much. She's the meanest one out of all those jerks. Well at least to me. I never understood why though.

"Okay class, I forgot to mention one thing, I'll be assigning partners." Mr.Swope revealed.

"Ugh." The whole class groaned in unison.

"Thank god." I blurted out, not realizing how loud I had been.

Everyone suddenly turned to look at me. I hid my face by looking down at my knees as I felt Madison's penetrating stare burn right through me.

"So... the first victims are Darren Criss and Michael Willet."

"Yes!" Michael exclaimed.

"No!" Darren groaned right after.

"Next, Dinah Jane and Siope."

I saw Dinah blush.

"Ouu Dinah..." I said poking at her sides.

"Shut up." She said blushing even harder.

"Next, Camila Cabello and Lauren Jauregui."

I silently screamed. Me and LAUREN?! I have to be dreaming right now.

"Darren pinch me." I breathed.

He slapped my arm instead and chuckled.

I looked over at Lauren. To her, having me as a partner, seemed like it was nothing. Which surprised me because a prep would usually freak if the knew they had a brain as their partner. I smiled gratefully, I would definitely rather have the Lauren as a partner than Madison. Suddenly she meet my gaze. I froze in my spot. Her expression was unreadable. When she noticed my cheeks turn red, she smirked and winked at me. I think I was about to pee my pants. That didn't just happen. She turned back around in her seat and adjusted herself in it.

I shook Darren " DID YOU SEE THAT?" I whispered to him.

"No. What?" He asked looking around.

"She... she smirked and winked at me." I smiled like an idiot remembering the moment.

"Maybe you just imagined it." Dinah whispered.

She heard me? Okay maybe I wasn't the best whisperer.

I shook my head. "I swore I saw it guys."

"It's way too good to be true." Darren admitted.

It was.

I sighed. "Yeah, you're right. I probably imagined it..."

Dinah placed her hand over my fore head. "Hmm..she shows no signs of fever..."

I playfully slapped her hand away.

"I'm fine D, thanks for your concern." I said sarcastically.

"Ayy chancho, I'm only trying to protect you. You know Lauren...she could be such a flirt. She likes messing with people Mila, and I just don't want you to get hurt." Dinah said squeezing my hand affectionately.

I smiled. "I know. But I'll be fine don't worry, it's not the first time a prep's made me cry." I joked.

Darren rested his head on my shoulder. "I know babe. What D's trying to say is not to get your hopes up. Okay?"

I bit my lip tentatively then gave in. "Okay. You're right. Even if she did 'flirt' with me, it's never going to happen anyway."

Dinah smiled at me sadly. "Maybe one day Mila but just...not now."

I nodded my head in response to her words. They were right. Lauren was the type of girl who messed around with people's emotions. She's known as the heart breaker. She strings you along for a while then cuts the chord just like that. But even if it was true, I still couldn't believe that she would take an interest in me. Even if it was just to mess with me. Whatever the case though, I didn't mind, because I wasn't going to give up on her. I cant. Because I simply can't imagine a life without Lauren Jauregui.

The bell rang.

"Okay class, you know what to do." Mr.Swope dismissed us.

I sighed and made my way to the door. Before I made my way out completely, I suddenly felt someone pull me back. Expecting to see Madison who probably hated my guts even more after this class, I was wrong.

I turned to see...Lauren. I felt my chest well up and a nest of butterflies begin to harvest inside my stomach. I stared a her, admiring her in very way I could. She looked around and waited until everyone left. She looked through the door and made sure no one was there. Then she pulled me into the empty hallway.

I followed her with no hesitation, I knew deep down that she meant me no harm.

She let go of my arm and ran her hand through her hair. "So meet me at my place at 5?"

I was star struck by the words I've been waiting to hear for practically all my life. I snapped out of it as she quirked her brow at my silence.

"Y-yeah." I stuttered gripping the books I held against my chest tighter.

"Great. So...See you then?"

I nodded.

She shook her head lightly and chuckled. "Alright bows." She said, slightly smiling before she walked away.

I waved awkwardly. When she hit the corner. I leaned against the lockers and slowly slid down to the floor. I sighed in complete happiness. Then remembered that we were there to simply do work. Nothing more. Yeah. work. Right. Not a date. Man, I really need to stop getting my hopes up. If not I'm screwed.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

5K 193 12
Hi!!! My name is Ruby. Well this is my first book ever! I decided on making it fanfic/Camren because what inspired me to write were the Camren fanfic...
1.7M 54.9K 44
A small girl catches my attention one day during lunch and I can't seemed to get her off my mind. My new friends and others advise me to stay away fr...
24.7K 1.1K 34
Lauren was a celebrated young director in the industry. She owned a production house where she spent most of her time doing things she loved. Her med...
189K 6.6K 23
With only senior year left, Lauren wants to get out of high school and into the real world where she aspires to be a journalist. But with her inabili...