Is Your Heart Taken? - A Niam...

By niamlegend

Liam and Niall are both idiots when it comes to noticing each other's feelings, but although Liam's alter ego... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13-Part A
Chapter 13-Part B
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Will there be a sequel?
x

Chapter 16

17.3K 299 29
By niamlegend

Chapter 16:

-          Harry’s POV –

Day 29:

Liam shut the door and the lights went out. I didn’t know what was about to happen. I’d just foiled his plan to snatch Louis. I winced and backed up against the wall, waiting for Dark Liam to come out and attack.

I waited. And waited. And waited.

Nothing.

“...Liam?” I asked; my voice breaking off at the end. My eyes were starting to adjust and I could now make out his face from the light coming from under the door. He was leaning his head against it, eyes shut. He looked like he was about to start banging his head against it when he turned to face me.

“You idiot.” He cursed, glaring right at me

Suck it.

“You’re an actual idiot, you know that?!” He hissed.

I glared back.

I wasn’t going to back down when it came to Louis.

“Gah, you’ve ruined everything!” He snapped. He was really angry.

“I’m sorry that I ruined your chance for a drunken hook up. Maybe next time, hey Liam?” I snickered.

“You don’t understand anything, you fucking moron.” He snapped back.

Wait, what the hell don’t I understand?

I felt myself getting angrier by the second. Liam furrowed his eyebrows and rubbed his eyes in concentration. He sighed deeply.

“Ok then, let me lay it out for you. I’ve spent the whole god damn fortnight making you and Louis jealous, so that when I brought Louis in here, you’d snap and burst in and take him from me. Do you get it now?!” He hissed; sighing again in frustration. I stared back at him in shock.

“Wh-what..?” I managed to get out. “Wh-What good would that do..?”

That same evil glare came back to his face. He was Dark Liam once again.

He glared back at me; sending a shiver down my spine. I went to take a step back but I was already pressed up against the wall. He planted his arm above my head and leaned closer.

“Ugh, I’ve had it up to here with you two.” He cursed. “Do I have to spell it out for you?”

Spell what out? What the hell is he going on about this ti-

“Louis loves you.” He snapped.

...What?

My eyes grew wide.

He’s not serious, it’s another trick.

“You’re...you’re lying...” I mouthed; eyes still bulging. I heard voices getting louder outside the closet door. He shook his head and leaned even closer.

"You're so thick, you know that? Why else would he kiss you?" He insisted. I lost the feeling in my legs.

Wait, how does he know that Louis and I-

I gasped.

Louis didn't forget.

“I’m not lying. Now even if you still don’t believe me, Louis is about to bust that door wide open. Now, you can choose to either stand there like an idiot and make him look stupid, or you can kiss me and watch as your fucking ridiculously jealous-soon-to-be boyfriend comes in here and snatches you away from me.” Liam snapped. I heard footsteps approaching the door, the voices outside had gone silent. I stared back at Liam, because now he was just normal Liam again and normal Liam wouldn't lie about something like this and-

It can’t be...

I heard the footsteps stop. My mind was going a thousand miles a minute. My heart started to pound out of my chest.

Ah, fuck it.

I reached up and wrapped my arm around Liam’s neck; pulling his lips onto mine. He didn’t respond for a second but then he wrapped his arm around my waist and under my shirt. I grabbed onto the back of his as he slipped his tongue into my mouth and closed my eyes as I started to move my tongue with his. For what it was worth, he was a great kisser. My heart sped up faster and faster as I waited for that door to burst open, and for Louis to pull me into him. The handle suddenly jerked and the door flew open. I kept kissing Liam; waiting for Louis to pull us apart.

He didn’t.

I slowly opened my eyes and as they adjusted to the light, I saw the outline of a blonde head in the doorway.

Niall.

Liam saw Niall standing there and practically jumped away from me. He tried to speak but failed. I averted my gaze to the wall and scratched my head; begging for the awkwardness to be over. Niall said something to Liam and Liam reached his hand out towards him, but Niall responded by slamming the door shut and covering us in darkness once again. We stood there in silence until I heard a choked up breath come from Liam. My eyes re-adjusted and I could vaguely make out a tear running down the side of his cheek. He looked the same as he had when he’d turned into Dark Liam the first time; like he’d just killed someone and now he was realising what he’d done. I didn’t get it.

Why is he crying..?

I heard voices outside talking loudly, the air was full of muffled squeals and whistling. We still stood there in silence. I heard the front door close and Liam opened the door and stepped out of the closet. The only person left standing in the living room was Louis.

-          Louis POV –

Zayn had gone out the front for a cigarette and Sarah and Leah had gone with him. I remained in the living room. Frozen. The closet door opened and Liam came out. He started slowly walking towards me. Harry came out after him and immediately ran out of the room and upstairs, avoiding my gaze as he ran. I clenched my fist. Liam was now less than a metre away from me. I snapped and took a swing at him. He dodged it and grabbed my wrist with his good hand and twisted my arm behind my back; slamming me up against the wall and pinning me there.

“You fucking bastard!” He snapped. He wasn’t Dark Liam, he was normal Liam. And the normal Liam, when angry, is much, much worse. “You could have stopped Niall from seeing that!” Liam screamed back at me. He pushed my arm even further into my back. I winced and tried to speak.

“What about you?! You were making out with fucking Harry!” I yelled back. I didn’t even care if Harry heard anymore. I was tired of pretending.

“That's because I was expecting you to man up and open the door and rip him away from me and finally tell him how you feel!” Liam shouted back. His voice was starting to waver. “But instead you..! You..!” His voice was cracking. “...You let Niall... see me... like that...”

He broke down. Tears started streaming down his face as he loosened his grip on my arm and backed away. He collapsed onto the sofa and buried his face in his hands. His body convulsed as he sat there, crying silently. I stared back at him in shock. Liam never cried like this these days. Never.

“You... were trying to... get me to... confess..?” I mouthed; falling back against the wall and grabbing at my hair with both hands. My face twisted into a pained expression as I realised what I'd done to poor Liam. I'd let the one that Liam loves see him making out with another. And why? Because I was jealous.

Fucking stupid, petty jealousy.

All Liam was trying to do was help me out.

I feel like shit.

I slowly slid my back down the wall and covered my face as I collapsed onto the floor. I couldn’t bear to look at Liam when he was like this; especially since it was my fault. He sucked in another choked up breath.

We were messed up.

 - Harry's POV -

My jaw dropped to the floor. I pulled away from the wall at the stop of the stairs that I'd been leaning against.

"-and finally tell him how you feel!"

Liams words ran through my head on repeat, over and over and over again.

...

This can't be happening.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.9K 1.2K 30
Liam and Harry tried dating but they’ve drifted apart and Liam has eyes for someone else. Will he ever get to be with that person? Louis makes a real...
15.4K 395 38
Niall Horan, a member of One Direction, was in love with his best mate, Liam Payne.
16.2K 373 15
15 One-Shots written from prompts submitted by you lovely people.
905K 14K 55
When two different worlds collide..