Meant To Be #wattys2019

By oh_hi_byeee

●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
CHAPTER 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
NOTE
Ramadan Mubarak
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Please don't kill me
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Fallacies
Chapter 28: Game of Fate
Chapter 29: One step closer, two steps far.
Chapter 30: Past Lingers
Chapter 31: Flashback, Truth and Forgiveness
Chapter 32: Let Me Go
Chapter 33: Not yours.
Chapter 34: Don't let them change you
Chapter 35: Realise and Real Lies.
Chapter 36: Letting You Go
Chapter 37: Facade
Chapter 38: A Hope
Chapter 39: If It's Not You Then it's No one.
NEW BOOK ALERT
Chapter 40: When a Facade Drops
Chapter 41: Too Late?
Chapter 42: Maybe, Maybe Not.
Chapter 43: Oh Love
Chapter 44: Tears and Goodbyes
Chapter 45: One Last Time
Chapter 46: Meant To Be (Part 1)
Meant To Be- (Part 2)
You were Meant to be mine- Epilogue
THANKYOUUU
NEW BOOK ALERTTT
Intricacies and Anarchy of Life.... and Love
4 CHAPTERS UP

Chapter 19

3K 276 45
By oh_hi_byeee

Early Updateeeee!

Show some love my sweetkins!!!

..............

The lights in the room and the colour of the walls too were shining, all praising her beauty. The beautiful babypink sequins dress was adding more grace to her flawless beauty.

She brushed her hair one last time and smiled proudly as she admired herself in the big mirror.

She knew she was beautiful. She knew it and she was a bit proud of it too.

Who wouldn't be?

"Sanaya! C'mon darling, we are getting late. It's already 7!", Rabiya shouted from the living room and Sanaya quickly grabbed her branded, luxurious purse and phone.

Slipping on her heels, she quickly got off the stairs and then loosely wrapped her dupatta around her head with hair still visible as they covered her face with grace.

Rabiya had one of those social meetups and today one of her friend's son was getting engaged. She knew many big, well-known families will be attending the party tonight so obviously she wouldn't leave a chance to find a suitable guy for her daughter.

Rabiya was even considering a girl for Omar because she knew both of her children deserved the best and according to her the reasons given by Anabiya were tantrums and nothing else.

"Omar is coming with us?", Sanaya questioned as she walked towards the car and saw her brother leaning on it.

"Yeah. I want to set him up with a good girl.", Rabiya casually stated and at this Sanaya stopped in her tracks.

"What do you mean, Ma?", she whisper-yelled.

Rabiya knew her daughter took her words in a wrong way so she quickly corrected herself.

"I mean, Omar told me that Anabiya needs time and well she's not been visiting our house too from past few days. I don't think so she's interested. Well I don't know I sometimes feel she's just trying it hard to get. Otherwise who can reject my son?", Rabiya almost boasted and Sanaya rolled her eyes.

"Ma she's not playing anything.", Sanaya and Rabiya immediately looked at Omar who was now staring back at them.

"She said she needs time and she even told me to not wait for her. But I don't mind waiting for her. I'll wait for her till the time she either says yes or the time she says she loves someone else.", Omar said though his heart broke a little at the end.

Rabiya was dumbfounded. She never thought her son would fall for a plain girl as Anabiya.

This made her take a big decision.

"Tomorrow I'm going to Anabiya's house to ask her hand for marriage from Fatima and Aseef.", Rabiya announced.

...............

Anabiya again yawned as she carelessly walked towards the elevator of the grand hotel.

She thought Dubai will be fun but all she did for three days was work, work and WORK.

Though the work load was not that much but yes, the meetings were exhausting and Anabiya thought of this as a mini vacation but the work and meetings crushed her dreams of a vacation and thus she was bored which made this feel more torturous.

Arhaan on the other hand was loving it how everything was going as per the plan. In fact better than that. He was surely proud of himself.

He knew his team was efficient but he wasn't expecting a smooth effort by Anabiya's side and well, they didn't even argue or fight.

Arhaan smiled and looked ahead and saw Anabiya who had her arm hooked with Tanya's arm and her shoulders a bit slumped and her steps uneven.

"You look like a drunk penguin!"Arhaan voiced out his thoughts and Anabiya stopped in her tracks.

She slowly turned around and narrowed her eyes.

"What did you-" Anabiya tried to look angry but a yawn escaped her lips again and that sounded really funny.

Arhaan tried to stifle his laugh as he walked past Anabiya and Anabiya too ran to catch up with him.

"I look like a drunk penguin to you?", she asked to which Arhaan just shrugged.

"Why?", she again asked and a yawn again escaped her lips and this time Arhaan laughed.

"Just look at the way you are walking. Your steps were short and your hand movement too! You are short too and well.... I don't know! Penguin just came to my mind as soon as I saw you.", Arhaan tried to give an explanation but even he knew he failed in that.

"Mean people. Allah blessed you with height that doesn't mean you make fun of the shorter ones. And I'm not short!", Anabiya exclaimed and her sleepy voice came out a bit high pitched like a seven year old and Arhaan stopped and stared at Anabiya with concentration.

At this Anabiya furrowed her brows and looked back at Arhaan.

"Okay, you're not a penguin. My bad!", Arhaan said and Anabiya smiled triumphantly as she walked inside the elevator.

"You're a cat.", Arhaan said loudly and Anabiya turned around and narrowed her eyes.

Before she could reply to it, the door of the elevator closed and all she could hear was Arhaan's laughter echoing in the hall.

"Stop grinning now.", Someone said and Anabiya almost jumped.

"Tanya!", she gasped and sighed.

"You didn't even realise that you're in the elevator, right?", Tanya questioned and smirked and Anabiya tried to maintain a straight face.

Tanya was right. Anabiya didn't realise when she entered the elevator.

"I told you he's not that bad.", Tanya stated and Anabiya slowly nodded.

"Maybe.", Anabiya replied with a shrug.

"But whatever you both were doing and saying, it was really childish yet cute!", Tanya almost squealed as she clapped her hands and Anabiya rolled her eyes.

"He was just trying to make up for what he did that day in the meeting.", Anabiya said and this time Tanya rolled her eyes.

"But wasn't he the one who was waiting for you when your cab broke and even saved you from those creeps?", Tanya smirked and Anabiya huffed.

"Yeah yeah he's great and all, happy now?", Anabiya said sarcastically and Tanya chuckled.

"Whatever the reason was, but you both were acting cute there.", Tanya again started and this time Anabiya glared.

Soon they reached their floor and went to their respective rooms. Though Anabiya was confused regarding Arhaan's sudden change  in behaviour but even she can't stop the smile that was playing on her lips.

On the other hand, there was Arhaan who had his eyes shut and only one thing was going on his mind....

"What did I do and why did I do that?"

..........

"Oh my Allah! Sanaya? I didn't know you were gonna be here! So good to see you here!", Nabeeha said as she walked towards Sanaya and hugged her and Sanaya hugged her back.

Sanaya along with her mother and brother when entered the engagement hall, all they did was meet people.

Rabiya and Sanaya mixed well with the ladies while Omar chatted with some of his friends.

And that's when Rabiya was introduced to Hafsa through some mutual friends, Nabeeha came looking for her mother and that's how she saw Sanaya.

"I didn't have your number. So....", Sanaya smiled and Nabeeha nodded.

"Yes actually Anabiya has my number. Ah speaking of Anabee, I actually miss her. Hope they return soon from their Dubai trip!", Nabeeha said and Sanaya just smiled awkwardly.

Hafsa was just looking at Sanaya the whole time, a smile playing on her lips.

"So, Mrs. Saeed, have you seen someone for your kids? ", Rabiya asked and Hafsa instantly looked at her.

"Yes. I mean my twins,  Humaid and Nabeeha are engaged. Your daughter, Sanaya attended the engagement party along with Anabiya. You don't know?", Hafsa explained and questioned back while Rabiya slowly shook her head.

She knew who the Saeed's were but she didn't know how to bring a conversation up regarding Arhaan and Sanaya.

Just then Dadi Amma entered, seems like Rabiya's prayers just got answered.

Everyone greeted her and she gave her blessings.

The conversation was casually going on when suddenly Dadi Amma looked at Rabiya.

"Have you looked someone for your kids yet?", Dadi Amma asked and Rabiya smiled widely.

"No no! Well my son has already decided for himself but my daughter is still single.", Rabiya explained.

"Oh kids these days! Even my grandson  chose for himself. Though she's a nice girl, but I'm sure I could've searched for a better girl. And my granddaughter here went lucky in this matter because my choice was already her choice.", Dadi Amma said and at this point everyone went silent.

Nabeeha had an angry look on her face while Hafsa too grimaced at the words of her mother in law.

Afia was a sweet girl and everyone loved her. Hearing these kinds of words against her made Hafsa and Nabeeha angry and kind of mad at the old lady.

They loved the soon to be Saeed and they actually hated whenever Dadi Amma taunted her. They were used to the tauntings at home but these kinds of words in public surely felt like poison.

"Well I guess the kids nowadays do make good choices. I mean my Humaid chose a gem. I love her. My Nabeeha will go to Ali's place after marriage Insha'Allah but I won't be that sad because I'll then have my Afia. I'm proud of Humaid for bringing Afia in our lives.", Hafsa completed with a smile and Nabeeha smiled proudly at her mother while Dadi Amma slowly shook her head in negative.

"Anyway, who's the girl your son has chosen?", Hafsa asked in order to change the topic before it gets heated because of her Mother in law and Sanaya looked at her mother who was smiling.

"You know her very well.", Rabiya said confidently and that's when Nabeeha's eyes widened and Hafsa furrowed her eyebrows.

"Anabiya?!", the mother-daughter duo said in unison and Rabiya nodded while Sanaya bit the insides of her cheek.

"When did this happen? Anabiya never told me she's engaged?", Nabeeha frowned and Sanaya shook her head.

"No they're not yet engaged. My brother....", Sanaya searched for the right word but Rabiya completed the sentence.

"Omar is considering her for marriage. You know as Anabiya's mother Fatima is my bestfriend, I know she won't reject Omar's proposal. And I'm even going to talk to Fatima tomorrow so yes you can say that it's almost fixed.",Rabiya said excitedly.

Hafsa congratulated her while Nabeeha stood there quietly.  She felt weird though she didn't know why. She felt a lump inside her throat but she didn't know why. She felt as if something was wrong but she ignored it as she wasn't able to put a finger on it.

"So Arhaan was right that night?" She thought.

"By the way, is your daughter single?", DadiAmma directly asked Rabiya regarding Sanaya and Rabiya nodded.

"Well Sanaya is really pretty and well mannered. I'm considering her for my grandson, Arhaan.", as these words left Dadi Amma's mouth, Rabiya almost jumped in happiness and Sanaya was shocked and happy.

Even Hafsa grinned because her mother in law just said the words she wanted to say. She was happy.

"So if you don't mind, then we can fix a meeting of Sanaya and Arhaan after he returns from Dubai....", Dadi Amma said and at this point Sanaya blushed furiously.

Rabiya was literally dancing with joy and Sanaya couldn't be more happy.

There was no doubt that Sanaya had a crush on Arhaan since the first time she saw him at the engagement party. She did everything for him to notice her. The only thing he did was just smile at her and that was just once.
But what she didn't notice was how awkward the smile was.

But now as Arhaan's grandmother was actually considering her for Arhaan, she just couldn't keep calm. Though she knew she would eventually get Arhaan, all praises to her good looks and family but she obviously didn't expect it this way.

But here Nabeeha still wasn't able to digest all the events that just happened. She just felt something wasn't right but she was not able to put her finger on it.

She ignored the feeling, thinking it's just the words of her grandmother against her soon to be sister-in-law.

Nabeeha smiled and looked at Sanaya who was smiling widely.

This is how life is. Unexpected events happen at unexpected times.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

599K 32K 54
💞Winner of Infinity Awards 2018👑💞 Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...
410K 24K 34
❝ She knew he can never be hers and yet she fell in love with him ❞ Fairytales exist only in books and movies. That's what Natasha Rehman told hersel...
320K 32.8K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
9.8K 757 72
*MATURE BECAUSE*: It contains serious, sensitive and triggering topics like self-harm, unhealed trauma, assault, murders, etc. Reader discretion is a...