What Happened in Vegas

By itz_zubi

"don't come any closer" I stutter as he takes long strides towards me. I press my back against the shelf and... More

what happened in Vegas
cast
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
ANNOUNCEMENT
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty-eight: the end
☆new story alert☆

chapter nineteen

15.3K 618 49
By itz_zubi

Emiliana's POV
The lights comes back on again and I can hear light singing in the background.

"I... I'm sorry" I say quickly gathering all the strength In me and pulling myself up from Raphael's lap and positioning myself beside him and trying to calm my racing heart.

Why do I always find myself in uncomfortable situations?

I look to my right and Daniel catches my eye. He raises his eyebrows at me and I nod at him.

I look ahead and watch the song that they are performing. Young ladies dressed in funny outfits are singing Christmas songs and the crowd joins in and sings along including Amanda.

I could have joined too only that I'm so nervous and can hardly breathe.

The ladies end their play and another group comes in and starts playing the guitar and singing along.

It all ends after about one hour and everyone starts dispersing. The bulky man exchanges glares with Raphael again before he leaves.

"since we are all here, should we grab beer together. I saw a small eatery on my way" Amanda suggests looking between the three if us.

"I have plans" Raphael says immediately and Amanda's face falls.

"I wont mind, it's almost Christmas do they give discounts " I tell Amanda and she gives me a small smile.

"I wont mind too" Daniel chirps in.

"but Raphael has plans" Amanda whines and holds his hand which he shrugs away and his gaze meets mine briefly.

"I'll cancel" he finally replies and pushes his hand into his pocket.

We all walk outside and get into our respective cars, Amanda directs Raphael and Daniel follows behind closely.

"did you enjoy it? " Daniel asks suddenly throwing me off guard.

"what? Ah... Yes, it was wonderful " I reply smiling.

"I'm glad" he says in a whisper as he takes a turn to a small bar that had 'b and c' written on it which I guess stands for beer and chicken.

We come down from our cars and go into the bar. We find a table of four and take our seats with me facing Raphael and Daniel facing Amanda.

"ma'am, four bottles of beer and one large chicken" Amanda shouts across to the elderly woman and she nods at us and disappears through a door which I think is a chicken.

"wow...can you eat all that. Aren't you worried about your job" Daniel asks Amanda.

She laughs before saying " I have my secrets, you know, it's a diet. Plus, I'll quit my job if I get married " she finishes shooting a smile to Raphael which he doesn't return.

"Emiliana, should I tell you about the diet sometime? " Amanda asks staring at me directly.

"I.. I dont" I stutter wondering what to say.

"she doesn't need any diet, she's perfect the way she is" Raphael says in a breath and looks away.

"of course, but... " she starts again but us interrupted by the cook lady with four beers and a large tray of sauced chicken that made my mouth water. She drops it in our middle and walks away after telling us to enjoy our meal.

We start eating and it tastes delicious. Minutes later, we all order another round but Raphael refuses because he has to 'drive '. We all cheer and finish our drink and order another round which we gulp hurriedly.

Four bottles later, Amanda and Daniel are still holding up but I'm completely wasted. despite Daniel telling me to stop, I didn't.

"I'm a heavy drinker" I slur

"she completely wasted " I hear Amanda's voice.

"come, I'll take you home" Daniel says but I shrug his off.

"I'm fine" I say without slurring and pouring myself another drink.

"why am I drinking so much? " I ask myself over and over again. Maybe it's because I'm disturbed. Disturbed because my heart is burdened. Burdened by the man sitting in front of me with hands crossed over his chest and eyes watching me silently make a fool of myself. This man, I don't know what I'm feeling towards him but I shouldn't be feeling this. I'm not supposed to feel this way towards my boss. It's immoral.

"stop drinking this much" he says resting his hands on mine and pulling the glass away from me.

"I.. I" I start but keep quiet and stands up instead and stumble on my feet. Raphael attempts to hold me but I shrug his hands away.

"good night" I say quietly

"I'll drop you home" Daniel offers and says goodnight before leading me outside

"I'm sorry, did you feel uncomfortable?" Daniel asks holding my shoulders. I only shake my head at him.

He opens the car door and helps me inside before walking to his side of the car and starts driving.

"Daniel, do you know it? " I ask suddenly.

"what is it? " he asks concerned.

"the tightening feeling you get in your chest. The thousands of words that feel your chest that you need to say or ask but then when you see that certain someone, you can't say anything " I finish.

"you just smile and say that you are fine" Daniel says turning to look at me and giving me a small smile. "I know it more than anyone else" he adds.

"I see, you really do know that feeling " I comment and feel my eyes feeling heavy and then, I was out like a light.

*********
"MERRY CHRISTMAS " rings through the entire town as I bake the last batch of cookies singing songs.

"Emiliana!!" jasmines voice comes on through the kitchen door.

"Merry Christmas!" we both say at the same time hugging each other and dancing around the kitchen.

"come, come, come" jasmine says pulling me to the living room and giving me a box.

"what is this? " I ask knowing that it's a gift.

I open the rest box that has little snowflakes on it and bring out the big wrapper inside and gently open it. She packaged a pink big cardigan that says 'dreams' on it and a mug that says 'be happy'

"oh jasmine" I cry pulling her into a hug.

"I noticed that you have been sad lately, now I know that been jobless ducks. So be happy" she says nicely and I pull her cheeks and stand up to get her gift too.

"where did you get the money? " I ask reaching out for the box in the shelf.

"don't worry, I know where I get money" she pouts.

I carry the box and hide it so she doesn't see.

"you better do well in school" I scold and she pouts again. I show her the box and she jumps up and takes the box from me and within seconds, tears away the wrapper and holds up the white fluffy jacket and black heels.

"how did you know I really needed this " she shouts throwing her hands around me and giving me a bone crushing hug.

"how would I not know when you keep telling me about it" I retort and she smiles deeply.

"I'll wear this when I go out later with my friends. They will be so jealous " she giggles twirling around with it.

"that reminds me, do you have any plans " she asks and I remember that Daniel needed to tell me something.

"yeah, I'll meet a friend later" I tell her and she nods eagerly.

Jasmine and I eat our breakfast. Take some pictures. Head out to discounted stores and buy as much as we can. We then go to a lovely restaurant and have our lunch singing along with the songs booming everywhere and the snowflakes falling on the roof. It is the best Christmas ever.

We return back home by 3:30 and get ready to go to our different meetings. I pull my hair in a ponytail and the cardigan I got from jasmine. I laugh at how well she knows me. The cardigan covers my hand and all my neck. I wrap a scarf around my neck and apply a little bit of makeup.

I arrive at the location that Daniel texted me earlier. The carnival down town. Lots of couples are here enjoying the carnival with their children while some are alone. Some are teenagers throwing fireworks in the air. I'm standing under the mistletoe and trying to imagine a kiss but shake my head for getting such thoughts.

"emiliana" Daniel familiar voice calls me and I turn around to meet his gaze. He is dressed in a black leather jacket and black pants.

"Merry Christmas" I laugh and hold up a bag in front of him.

"it's a knitted scarf" I smile as he takes the bag and grins widely at me.

"here" he hands me a bag that has a designer bag inside.

"thank you" I say thankfully.

"I'm glad you didn't have other plans " he says his lips in a thin line.

"you may not know but I'm usually very lonely on Christmas day" I say and we both laugh.

"that reminds me, you said you needed to tell me something " I say remembering again.

"shouldn't we get a ride on the rollercoaster first? " he asks nervously.

"you always do this" I say pouting. " whenever I ask you something, you always ignore it and trying to change the subject. It's not good you know. I am saying this because I'm..."

"I like you " Daniel says suddenly and I don't know what to say. I stare fixated at him as he does to me

"what!?" I ask trying to confirm what I just heard.

"the first day I saw you, I knew it wasn't just a feeling that would go away but still, I tried to push it away but it didn't go away. That's why I'm telling you now. I wanted it to be special " he finishes and I stare agape at him. I don't know what to feel. I don't often get confessed to. I don't know what to feel.

"don't bother yourself about it. It's Christmas, wait here, I'll get us something to drink" he says and leaves after giving me a wide smile.

I facepalm myself and groan mentally. How was I supposed to act around him now.

"emiliana" I hear another voice behind me.

I turn around and it's Raphael.

"Mr...mr Raphael" I stutter watching him. He is wearing a black suit that suits his body. As always. His hair is smooth and silky.

"Merry Christmas " I say to him as he walks closer to me and we are only few inches away from each other.

"Mr...mr Raphael, why are you dressed like this, it's Christmas " I say again but he only watches me.

"since you left, I've only worked myself to the bone. It seems just like four years ago, when you left that time, I couldn't date anyone. I always kept thinking I'll find you again but it took four years for me to see you and now, I can't go through all that again" Mr Raphael says. His voice is hoarse and deep and he isn't struggling with his words.

"Mr Raphael... " I call but he doesn't stop.

" I have a new personal assistant but she's nothing like you. She works do that I can't shout at her. She also isn't clumsy but surprisingly, I want you back, come back to work " he says.

"I can't, I don't.. "

"someone said if you want something, go after it, so, this is what I want" after finishing his statement, he slowly leans in and pulls me closer. His eye leaves mine slowly and his lips covers mine. My eyes involuntarily closes as his hand travels down my back and pulls me closer to him. My hand reaches for his suit and holds it in a fist before my hands go up to his neck. His lips are small and demanding and even if I know I'm not supposed to be doing this, I can't stop.

"emiliana"

"Raphael " an all too familiar voice calls.

That's it!! As much as I love the both of them, I feel extremely sorry for Daniel.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share what you think of this chapter.

Psst!! Have you checked out my YouTube channel. If you haven't, feel free to do so.
My username is @Your Cookie Girl

Love you all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 153K 51
(BOOK 1 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) [COMPLETED & EDITING] * "Arie," he whispered, his smile dropping as he closed the distance between us. "I'm s...
49K 5K 64
"You mean nothing to me, Ms Vyas. Get this straight into your head, Ms Vyas, nothing related to you matters to me in any way." Sid said cruelly. "I h...
243 34 6
" Why are always like this since high school you have always looked down on people!!!! " " If people means you.., then yes I do look...
756K 50.6K 98
As he took one last step closer, his muscles made direct contact with every fragment of my body, and I could feel my skin become ten times warmer. "...