The lie in my marriage (EDITI...

By khal2mukay

The story of Zainab and Malik, a young couple in their own little bubble living their best life. Then,Amal sh... More

Chapter 1 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 2 (The wedding)
Chapter 3 (A new phase of life)
Chapter 4 (The honeymoon)
Chapter 5 (The honeymoon II)
Not an update
Chapter 6 (Marital life)
Chapter 7 (Marital life cont'd)
Chapter 8 (The Good News)
Chapter 9 (Being pregnant)
Chapter 10 (The intruder )
Chapter 11 (The miscarriage)
Chapter 12 (Coping)
Chapter 13 (Company)
Chapter 14 (Recovering)
Author's note.
Chapter 15 (Home)
Chapter 16 (The Anniversary)
Chapter 17 (Silent feelings)
Chapter 18 (Mixed emotions)
Chapter 19 (The Fundraiser)
Chapter 20 (Insecurity)
Chapter 21 (Longing)
Chapter 22 (Vegas,baby!)
Chapter 23 (Las Vegas Nevada)
Chapter 24 (Balcony love)
Chapter 25 (Opening up)
Chapter 26 (Distance)
Chapter 27 (Denial)
Chapter 28 (Acceptance)
Chapter 29 (Lose ends)
Chapter 30 (The decision)
Chapter 31 (Amal and Malik)
Chapter 32 (Coffee,coffee)
Chapter 33 (Belong with you)
Chapter 34 (I got you)
Chapter 35 (Loving him)
Chapter 36 (Suspicions)
Chapter 37 (Jealous)
Chapter 38 (Attitude)
Chapter 39 (Cold)
Chapter 40 (The other woman)
Chapter 41 (Confession)
Chapter 42 (Confession 2)
Chapter 43 (The lie in my marriage)
Chapter 44 (Shattered)
Chapter 45 (Far and away)
Chapter 46 (The divorce)
Chapter 47 (Consequences)
Chapter 48 (The aftermath)
Chapter 49 (Revelations)
Chapter 50 (Parting ways)
Chapter 51 (Forgiveness)
Chapter 52 (Fight for you)
Chapter 53 (Stay put)
Chapter 54 (Coming home)
Chapter 55 (Bitter sweet)
Chapter 56 (Another chance?)
Chapter 58 (Hope)
Chapter 59 (Here with you)
Chapter 60 (Labour pains)

Chapter 57 (Zain and Malik)

5.9K 150 75
By khal2mukay

Hello guys.. so Malik is back yeah. I'm happy that he is really. A huge shout out goes to (ayushhh) for being the first commenter on the previous chapter. Thank you beautiful 😘💜
***********************
"I forgive you Malik and i am sorry too,for making decisions alone,i mean i know it felt like you were unimportant but it's not that way. Things just had to be that way. "

Zain answered fiddling with the hem of her dress. There was so much she wanted to ask of him,and so many things to say to him but she figured that it will have to wait as it may be too much for him to take in right now.

"Thank you Zain. You have no idea how you make me feel. I will forever be grateful to you."

Zain answered with a nod of her head and began to contemplate with her mind whether to ask him the question she had been wanting to ask or not.

"How am i sure that i am safe with you Malik? I may forgive you and move on from the past but i need assurance from you,i need to be sure that when things get rough between us you will not just let me go and jump into the arms of another woman. As much as i hate to admit it,it's scaring me away and making me think twice about marrying you again."

She didn't realize she has been babbling for long until when she stopped to catch her breath. She suddenly felt embarrassed for being too blunt and averted her eyes to the tiled floor. Meanwhile Malik's eyes were fixed on her unblinking,he knew she has lost trust in him,therefore she's not at fault for thinking she will not be safe with him but he will do his best to earn her trust and assure her that no matter what he never had plan of letting her go and never will.

"I'm sorry that was uncalled for" , she muttered with her eyes still glued to the floor.

"Zain, look up. It's only you and you have my assurance that i will never let you go again. I've tasted life without you and i will never want to go back to that darkness. All i am asking is another chance to prove to you,to earn your trust again. Will you do that for me? "

"I will" , she replied her lips quivering because what he just said mirrored exactly what she feels. Life without him was pretty bad and she is not willing to go back to that darkness too.

"So we have a wedding to plan? " , he stated more like a question directed at her.

"Well we'll  have to wait until you're out of the hospital,right? "

A sad smile played on his lips for she doesn't know why he wanted to remarry her that fast. Both their parents knew about his condition but he had told them he will tell her himself and now he is in a serious debate with himself whether to tell her or not. But then again,she doesn't deserve to be left in the dark as it will only make her angrier. He shook his head slightly feeling the piercing pain stirring through.

"I can't wait anymore Zain. I've waited for too long to be with you."

"Why? We can wait till your injuries get much better. I am right here,not going anywhere Malik."

"The thing is i am sick Zain. I won't be leaving this hospital soon" , Malik said meekly.
A confused look shower on her face as her eyebrows knitted forward.

"I don't get you. You're getting better now. Stop saying you're sick again."

He looked at her and shake his head for she had been oblivious of all that was going on.

"I am sick and it's much more than the physical injuries you see.The severe collision of the vehicle with my head has resulted in an injury to my brain. I have been diagonised with traumatic brain injury,it's the reason i have been unconscious for days. My surgery has been scheduled in a week and i want to have you back in my life because i don't know if i can make it alive out of there. Even if i don't i will die a happy man,i want memories with you Zain,happy ones with you."
Tears pooled in his eyes and he quickly looked away blinking them back. It was difficult disclosing to her but leaving her in the dark was a heavier burden on him.

She muffled the cries that escaped her mouth with a hand over her mouth. Tears clouded her vision and the only thing her brain kept on playing like a broken record was what he told her. Her heart clenched and she quickly left the room without turning back. She heard him calling out her name but she couldn't stop herself from leaving. She quickly unlocked her car and got inside with no intention of starting the ignition,she placed her head on the steering wheel and cried her heart out until there were no tears left to cry.
*********************
Grabbing her bag and locking the car,she dragged her tired legs into the house. She didn't speak to anyone and headed straight to her room. She was tired physically,mentally and emotionally.
Deciding that a shower will be of help,she stripped and got into the bathroom turning the water to it's maximum. Heading out of the bathroom, she dressed into a pair of soft cotton pajamas and curl into her bed not having any appetite for food. It's taking her mind too long to process what Malik told her about his condition and the most annoying thing is she's got no idea as to what gravity his illness might be.
Suddenly jumping into a sitting position,she grabbed her laptop and turned it on. She quickly typed in 'Traumatic brain injury' clicking on search button.
It took her through reading so much of some medical terms that she never heard of,and that pretty much slowed her brain in processing what she was reading. But from the little she gathered,she could only hope that Malik's case isn't severe.
The sound of shuffling from the door made her look up. It was her mom with Aaliyah behind her.

"Zain you haven't come down to eat. Are you sick?" ,asked her mother as she took a seat by the bedside.

"No I'm okay Mama. Just exhausted from the day with so much going on."

"But you can't starve yourself. Here i brought some food" , Aaliyah chipped in passing her a bowl of oatmeal.

"Thanks lil sis".

"No biggie. So how's Malik? "

The question made her chest tighten.
"He's good. Another surgery awaits him in a week" , Zain answered.

"I'm sorry you had to find out. It must be hard for you but we're always there for you." Their mother cut in.

"But on the bright side,we've got to make plans for the wedding" , Aaliyah chirped in an attempt to clear the air.

"It's not going to be anything grand Aaliyah" , Zain grumbled.

"Urgh you're no fun".

"Never said i was anyway". Zain rolled her eyes.

"Listen you two" , their mother interrupted.

"Your father and Malik's father have made plans about your wedding,it's going to be a small family gathering considering the circumstances. He had told me that Malik had asked them to let you choose what day you would like for the tying of the nuptial knot. What do you think Zain? ".

"I think this friday will be just fine Mama,immidiately after friday congregational prayers".

"That sounds like a plan. I will talk to your father to hear his take on this."

"Thank you Mama ".
Zain muttered shoving a spoonful in her mouth earning her a snort from Aaliyah.

"What's with you?"
Zain asked throwing her hands in the air.

"Nothing I'm just happy for you".
Aaliyah gushed clapping her hands together.

********************
Zain didn't get to go back to the hospital for the next few days as she was busy with Aaliyah getting her hair and henna done which by the way Aaliyah and Munira had insisted she does.

"I told you two this is a bad idea. I haven't seen Malik for two days now, he'll think i have left him ."
Zain complained washing the henna off her hand.

"No it's not plus you'll all be his later on afterall. Stop complaining Zain and just be the bride" , Munira said with a laugh.

"Bride huh" , Zain snorted.

"Zaiiiinnnnn where are you?
Your dress is ready. Come on get ready."

Aaliyah rushed into the room with the dress in her hand.

"Come on Mama's guests are here and they're all asking for you".

"I'll be there shortly. Dressing up in a bit."

Zain took the dress from Aaliyah and made her way to her room.
There,she slipped into the dress and was suprised at the reflection that greeted her in the mirror. The dress was made of simple white lace with the skirt flowing moderately. The sparkling crysrals scattered on the neckline added more beauty to the dress. The sleeves stopped mid arm and she paired it with a white veil wrapping it around her head. Her makeup was moderate,nothing too cakey. She wore her favourite pair of jimmy choo black pumps.

"Oh my goodness.  Girl it's been long since you wore any make up. You look jawdroppingly beautiful". Munira said coming into the room with a bottle of CalvinKlein euphoria blossom perfume in her hand.

"Ah Munni thanks babe" , Zain chimed swirling in front of the mirror.

"You are so welcome" , Munira shot back as she sprayed the perfume on every corner of Zain's clothing.

"Munni i am beginning to choke from too much perfume. Urgh " ,Zain screetched snatching the perfume bottle and placing it on the dresser.

Later on,they had lunch with families and close friends. There was enough food for everyone and they took pictures afterwards. Even though Zain initially thought it was a bad idea,she had fun but Munira and Aaliyah didn't give her a time for herself to even call Malik.

After the guests have left,Zain made it to her room and changed into a light dress sliding her feet into a pair of sliders. She grabbed her phone and car keys,stuffing them inside the bag.

"Mama,i am heading to the hospital. Will be back in a few " ,she informed her mother.

On arriving to the hospital,she made her way straight to the room where he is. She met the doctor doing some checkup on him and she greeted with him and sat on the chair at the otherside of the room.

"You're good now Malik,the nurse will come in later with your medication."

The doctor finished and walked out of the room. Zain quickly followed behind him stopping him in his track.

"I am Malik's wife. I have red about his condition but please i want you to shed more light on it because i didn't understand much of what i red. Will he be able to survive this ?"

The doctor listened to her patiently to finish as he began to speak.

"Mrs Malik you don't have to worry about too much. Traumatic brain injury can be quite complicating but that doesn't mean it's incurable. In Malik's case it occured from his failure to fasten a seatbelt when the accident occured. There was a violent collison between the vehicle and his head which resulted in the injury. Malik's case is not severe hence it's termed as 'close traumatic brain injury' because luckily no object pierced through his cerebrum and the brain itself. It's just an injury to the skul with some brain tissues having inadequate blood flow and i assure you surgery will fix everything up. But for now, before the scheduled date of the surgery he will be very high on fever,frequent nausea may occur because he just finsihed throwing up his dinner. I had to prescribe anti nausea to add to his medication. Consistent headache occurs too and if it gets worse,he may suffer impairment in his sight and convulsions may accompany that ."

"So what happens after the surgery? Will he be okay like normal person?"

"He will recover fully with time and months of therapy sessions. Because after surgery,patients suffer from temporary amnesia, speech problems or in some cases they speak in slurred like tones. Sometimes the sight is affected but therapy generally fixes everything back to normal. His case is not a severe case as we are lucky enough to diagnose it before it reached a secondary stage. Your husband will be fine, don't worry too much. All he needs right now is support from you."

"Thank you doctor" ,she nodded processing what he just told her.

Stepping back into the room,she spotted him laying with his eyes closed. Thinking he was sleeping she moved close to draw the blanket so it covers him properly.

"Hey wife " , he caught her hand.

"I thought you were asleep. You scared me" ,she responded with a gasp.

"Sorry" ,he chuckled.

"You look beautiful " ,he added.

"Thank you,how are you?" .

"I just puked my guts out,feverish as heck and the persistent headache for days now. But i am all better now that you're  here".

"Come on here,sit" , he patted the spot next to him on the bed.

She sat down recounting to him how the day went on. She felt a nostalgic feeling how he would ask her about her day every night back at their home. She showed him some of the many photos they took in her phone while they laughed about it. She heard him wince as he adjusted his position  and she immediately helped him.
"Are you okay? Oh my God you're so feverish. Your temperature is so hot,i will get the doctor " , she blabberd trying to stand but he held her wrist in an attempt to stop her.
"I am okay Zain. The fever occurs every day ,the temperature will drop."

"Are you sure you don't need me to get the doctor? "

"Yeah no need" ,he assured her.

"You said my temperature's hot,are you indirectly  saying I'm hot?" ,he playfully asked witha wiggle of his eyebrows.

"Hah try again Malik,try again " ,she shot back with a roll of her eyes grinning.

"It's getting late,i should be on my way."
She sighed checking her watch.

"Stay with me Zain, please. Don't go".

"You want me to stay? ".

"Yes please".

And that was all she needed to hear as she grabbed her phone and typed in a quick text letting her mother know she will be staying the night at the hospital.
*****************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 15.7K 43
COVER CREDITS TO THE SWEETEST SOUL- @ShabanaTheStar "This. . . This voice of yours just irritates me!" "If this voice of mine irritates you so much t...
127K 7K 42
MARRIAGE /ˈmarɪdʒ/ noun The legally or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship. A tale spanning over 3 generat...
40.1K 3K 49
☆ AMAAN ULLAH ZAMAN ☆ 27 year old ex-marine who is now looking for some meaning in his life. After his father remarried he doesn't have a family to c...
302K 10.7K 27
She's stuck in a loveless marriage. She's the mother of her brother-in-law's child. And theres someone across the world to who she means the world to...