Panem's Secret - The Hunger G...

By fangirling_thg

The first book in the 'Panem's Secret' Triology. It's the reaping of the 74th Annual Hunger Games and Prim ge... More

Chapter 1: Getting Ready
Chapter 2: The Reaping
Chapter 3: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 4: The Train
Chapter 5: The Capitol
Chapter 6: The Chariots
Chapter 7: Training
Chapter 8: Assessments
Chapter 10: Preparing
Chapter 11: The Interviews
Chapter 12: Let The Games Begin
Chapter 13: The Bloodbath
Chapter 14: Another Tribute
Chapter 15: Water
Chapter 16: Trouble In Paradise
Chapter 17: A Familiar Face
Chapter 18: Getting To Know Peeta
Chapter 19: Cholera
Chapter 20: Finding A Cure
Chapter 21: Peeta The Killer
Chapter 22: Running Away
Chapter 23: Goodbye
Chapter 24: The Twist

Chapter 9: Training Scores

195 9 0
By fangirling_thg

I stumble into the elevator and press the top number. The elevator shoots up. I was meant to wait for Haymitch, Effie and Peeta but I don't want to face them. I don't want to tell them what happened in that assessment room. Ping! The elevator doors slide open. I run out with my head in my hands; heading for my room. My body collides with something solid and I fall backwards.

"Ouch!" I wimper.

I look up. Cinna's towering over me; arms folded. I burst into tears again. I'm so pathetic, but I don't care. I don't care anymore. Cinna hauls me up and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"You need to calm down Prim. What's happened?" His expression is hard.

"My individual assessment..." I say through tears.

"I couldn't have been that bad."

"It was, Cinna. They didn't even pay attention to me."

"Well, no one can say anything until they release the scores. Come on, come into the sitting room and we'll find them out." He urges me towards the door of our penthouse.

I agree and open the door and make my way to the sitting room with him. I fall on the cushion sofa and curl up into a ball.

A few minutes pass. Cinna and I both jump when the door swings open. Effie marches in with Peeta and Haymitch and starts shouting at me:

"Where have you been Prim?! We have been waiting for you for ages! How dare you not tells us you were coming back here! I am-" Cinna cuts her off.

"Okay, Effie. You've made your point." He puts his hand up to gesture for her to stop talking.

"Rude!" She says in a high pitched voice and places herself on the other sofa; facing away from us.

Haymitch sighs and sits next to me. Peeta stays standing. Cinna flicks on the TV and Caesar Flickerman appears. He's about to announce our training scores.

They go through the scores District by District, as they do in everything else. In District 1 and 2, both tributes get a score of 10. The girl from 5 who looks like a fox only gets a score of 5. I don't think she has a specific skill other than memory and slyness. The boy from 11, Thresh, gets 10 and Rue gets 7. She didn't get that low surprisingly. Peeta is next. The room goes quiet as we anxiously wait for Caesar to tell us his score. 8. Effie squeals. I look at Peeta and see that his face has lightened up.

"Congratulations Peeta." Haymitch says uninterested.

We turn back to the TV. It's my turn.

"Now, last but not least, Primrose Everdeen, District 12, with a score of,"Caesar frowns, "4."

My heart sinks. 4? I knew I'd get low, but not that low. My stomach churns as I look at the disappointed faces around me. No one says anything. Haymitch after a while, just gets up and leaves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107 0 8
"the odds are NEVER in our favour." it's been eight years since venus faraday's games, and last year seemed to mark a change for all of panem. two v...
8.2K 210 22
↳ ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 ... 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐒. ❞ The caverns of her dark soul w...
620K 10.9K 77
𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐞 /bro͞ot/ 1. a savagely violent person or animal. "𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑑-𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑟𝑢𝑡𝑒" Hunger games - finished - 3/4/22 Cat...
9.4K 180 16
A HUNGER GAMES FANFICTION! A year has passed since the rebellion ended. On the advice of Effie Trinket, the surviving victors are meeting. This new...