Poe Dameron [One-Shots]

By TaurelinStar

One-shots about our favorite Star wars Pilot! [Well he's my favorite] :P I like to think that this set of one... More

A/N. Requests Open
#1 He Knew
#2 He Dreams of Her [Part 1]
#3 He Dreams of Her [Part 2]
#4 Hurt My Feelings [Part 1]
#6 Fight Fire With Fire [Part 1]
#5 Hurt My Feelings [Part 2]
#7 He Dreams of Her [Part 3]
#8 Fight Fire With Fire [Part 2]
#9 Fight Fire With Fire [Part 3]
# 10 Silent Crushing [Part 1]
#11 Snickers on Comms
#12 Fight Fire With Fire [Part 4]
#13 I'll Be There [Part 1]
#15 Day Dreamer [Part 1]
#16 Day Dreamer [Part 2]
#17 I Can't Right Now
#18 You Can't Spell H.O.P.E Without P.O.E
#19 BB, It Doesn't Work Like That! [Modern AU]
#20 Droid Art
#21 Force Of Nature
#22 Army
#23 Is He Alive? [Part 1]
#24 Is He Alive? [Part 2] [Request]

#14 I'll Be There [Part 2]

751 36 19
By TaurelinStar

WARNING- I describe suffocating as vividly as I can think at the moment to do. If that is a trigger for anyone, DO NOT READ!

Also If I were you, I would listen to the song 'Tenerife Sea' by Ed Sheeran while you read this chapter. You will cry.

You and Poe moved back over to the door farthest from the hull of the ship and you leaned against the wall, slowly sliding down to sit, and wrapped your arms around your legs for comfort. Poe slid down next to you and wrapped his arms around you. Though you weren't sure who he was trying to comfort, you, or himself.

"I've been running the numbers." he started quietly, "And the way I figure it, we have about 2 minutes of air left."

Your mouth opened and you turned your head to search his face, shocked. "Are you sure?" you asked, breathless, though less from the lack of oxygen and more from the fact that you had realized that his face was very close to yours, despite the terrifying situation you found yourself stuck in.

Poe's eyes traveled down your face and rested on your lips for a second before jumping back up to meet your eyes. "Ya, I'm sure..."

You sucked in a sharp breath before stopping. Don't waste the air. You breathed in slower and let it out, trying to remember how good it feels to be alive.

Your train of thought was cut off when Poe started talking again. "I want to tell you before it's too late... I-" you could see his mind struggling to find the right words. But then he shook his head, He didn't have time to find the right words. He just needed to spit it out. One minute, thirty seconds, and counting was not a whole lot of time to profess your love for someone.

"I love you. I have for a while, and I want you to know before it's too late." he spit out rapidly.

Your heart sped up and you started to cry. This was getting really real, really fast.

"I told you I'd be here." he said suddenly. And you remembered when he said he would be there when you needed to cry. It seemed like years ago even though it was only moments. You decided to follow Poe's example and throw caution to the wind. There was no time left, so you brought your hands up to the side of his face and kissed him like there was no tomorrow. Cause it's true. It was looking like there was no tomorrow.

He pulled you into his lap and kissed back just as feverishly. and when the two of you pulled back for air, there was none. Everything started floating, the simulated gravity being non-existent when the atmosphere had fully vented into space.

You started gasping, your lungs trying desperately to fill and finding nothing to fill them with. So instead you threw your arms around Poe and buried your face in his neck.

Poe squeezed you tightly as the tears ran down his face, cleaning tracks through the blood and dirt. He was dying. and not just because he couldn't breath but because you couldn't breath. The pain in his chest wasn't from knowing that he was dying. He had made peace with that a long time ago. The pain was from knowing that you were dying, and that he couldn't do a damn thing about it.

He glanced up at the bodies of dead stormtroopers littering the floor, and a thought struck him. He took a hand off your back and reached down to his holster, and raising his blaster.

One shot left. He tangled a hand in your hair and pulled back looking into your face one last time. Your eyes were sad, and scared. You didn't see the blaster in his hand, you were staring at his face. The pain you saw there echoing your own.

Then Poe kissed you.

It was slower, sweeter. Like he wanted to be able to relive this moment forever.

He set the blaster to stun with his thumb, pointed it at your side, and pulled the trigger.

You never felt it.

You went slack in his arms and he choked out a silent sob, throwing away the empty weapon, and pulled you close to his chest.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" he tried to tell you, but without air he couldn't manage sound. His lungs, finally tired of being ignored, and screaming for air, frantically tried to suck in oxygen. There was none.

A few hours later after the First Order had gained complete control of the ship, command sent out orders to clear out the bodies and assess the damage sustained. Storm troopers tried to gain access to one of the docking bays, but the wiring was fried. When they glanced through the fogged view port their eyes were drawn to the pilots who were still wrapped in each others arms.

He told you he'd be there. He was.

THE END

A/N

This is sad. I'm crying. Poe I love you. Readers, I'm sorry for killing you. I'm also sorry for killing Poe. But the story would not let me not write it. Anyways, I love you, I love Poe, and this is the product. Although, if this is the outcome of my love, then lets just hope I stay single for my entire life.

BYE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 3.4K 37
" I'd be lying if I told you that watching you leave would be something I could handle " star wars: the force awakens [ poe dameron fanfiction ]
1.5K 32 13
Poe Dameron x OC Takes place during The Force Awakens *** Brianna Organa-Solo must fight her brother, with the help of her best friend Poe Dameron...
16.1K 228 14
Who doesn't love Poe Dameron? This book has some short stories about the cocky Resistance pilot as well as some X Reader stuff!
967 34 11
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... Before the awakening, there was Black Squadron. A team of elite pilots led by Commander Poe Dameron, tas...