Darker Than Love | κͺœ

By XFiction_GoddessX

Previously known as The Good Girls Bad Boy. Highest Ranking: #2 in Short-story Michelle White, the 'good gir... More

Darker Than Love| Extended Synopsis, copyright, trailer
Darker Than Love| Cast
Darker Than Love
Darker Than Love | 1
Darker Than Love | 2
Darker Than Love | 3
Darker Than Love | 4
Darker Than Love | 5
Darker Than Love | 6
Darker Than Love | 7
Darker Than Love | 8
Darker Than Love | 9
Darker Than Love | 10
Darker Than Love | 11
Darker Than Love | 12
Darker Than Love | 13
Darker Than Love | 14
Darker Than Love | 15
Darker Than Love | 16
Darker Than Love | 17
Darker Than Love | 18
Darker Than Love | 19
Darker Than Love | 20
Darker Than Love | 21
Darker Than Love | 22
Darker Than Love | 23
Darker Than Love | 24
Darker Than Love | 25
Darker Than Love | 26
Darker Than Love | 27
Darker Than Love | 28
Darker Than Love | 29
Darker Than Love | 30
Darker Than Love | 31
Darker Than Love | 32
Darker Than Love | 33
Darker Than Love | 34
Darker Than Love | 35
Darker Than Love | 37
Darker Than Love | 38
Darker Than Love | 39
Darker Than Love | 40
Darker Than Love | 41
Darker Than Love | 42
Darker Than Love | 43
Darker Than Love | 44
Darker Than Love | 45
Darker Than Love | 46
Darker Than Love | 47
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Famous Mason Quotes
Bonus Chapter #2
Facts about this book
ANNOUNCEMENT
Update + upcoming plans

Darker Than Love | 36

10K 333 76
By XFiction_GoddessX

Michelle's POV

"Sometimes I feel like Kaden wants to break up with me, you know? Like I don't think he wanted a serious relationship to begin with, I just think he wanted someone to mess around with. . .and then I forced him into a relationship and now he's being distant."

"I doubt it," I muttered dryly as I peered down at the boys in the water, splashing it on one another childishly. Sasha lowered herself down onto the beach chair beside me and lowered her sunglasses down onto her face.

"He's acting weird. He's making up excuses to not hang out with me anymore, plus did you see him when we were talking about the double date, I knew he didn't want to go. I feel like he's cheating on me and if he's not he's gonna break up with me soon."

"He's not."

"How would you know?"

"I mean look at Mason and me, we've had our doubts about each other and we still worked out. I'm sure Kaden loves you and if he doesn't then. . .Sash you just have to break up with him. Don't stay in a relationship where you're constantly doubting your partner's affection for you."

She sighed deeply and laid down on the beach chair, "I saw this thing in a movie once, where a woman caught her husband cheating on her. So she cuffed him to the bed, tied up the girl in a chair and tortured them for hours."

"That's fucking dark Sasha," I exclaimed as I turned towards her. She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly and before she could reply a cold chill surged through my body and I was soaked from head to toe before I could comprehend what was happening.

A gasp escaped my lips at the water that dripped down my body and I narrowed my eyes up at Mason who was bent over, laughing loudly with an empty bucket in his hand and a guffawing Kaden beside him.

I sprung up from the beach chair and tackled Mason to the ground. He cried out loudly as I grabbed a handful of sand and dumped it onto his drenched body so that it stuck to him like a second skin.

He slapped my hand away but not quickly enough as I scooped more sand into my hand and stuffed it into his swim trunks. He froze and flickered his eyes up towards me as silence enveloped us.

Before I could speak, with me still in his arms he pushed himself off the ground and wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly to his chest. "Where are you taking me?! Put me down!" I demanded.

He smirked and suddenly loosened his grip around me which caused me to dip downwards, a squeal escaping my lips in fear.

"Mason don't let me fall!"

He chuckled loudly and loosened his grip even more. I wrapped my hands around his neck and let my weight drop so that he would have to use all his strength to keep me up. He staggered forward, a grunt leaving his lips as he hoisted me upwards.

"Damn dollface what the hell have you been eating, your entire family!?"

I glared at him and motioned towards the way we were pressed up against one another, in public might I add. Normally I wouldn't mind this but we were on the beach, in front of many eyes.

"Now can you put me down. . .I am VERY uncomfortable at the moment!"

A smirk formed on his face as his eyes flickered down to his pants, "nothing you've never felt before babe."

"Mason, baby, please put me down and I'll spare your life okay? All you have to do is set me onto my feet and you'll li-" the words were caught in my throat as I sunk under the salty water. An angry cry split through my lips as it enveloped me, dragging me into a chilly, dark abyss.

I waved my hands around frantically, searching for Mason and when I found him I grabbed onto his arm tightly and pulled myself out of the water, gasping harshly as air began to fill my lungs. "M-Mason you motherfuck-"

He burst into a fit of laughter, cutting me short as I leaned onto my knees, desperately searching for air. I rose upwards and shoved him into the water, giggling softly at the stunned look on his face as he toppled down, trying to catch something to keep him upwards.

I sauntered away from him, ignoring his cries of protest as I made my way towards Sasha and Kaden. When I arrived beside the two I retrieved my towel from my bag and wrapped it around me to dry myself off. "Hey, you okay?" She inquired.

"I'm leaving,"

"What, why?" Kaden asked as he stood up, I slipped on my shorts and crop top and pulled my hair into a bun. "I wanna go to the mall, away from you and Mason," I exclaimed as I motioned towards Sasha who immediately hopped off the beach chair, a smirk on her lips.

"What did we do!?"

"Interrupt our one on one girl moment, I mean I get that we came here to hang out and everything but just give Sasha and I an hour and we'll meet you guys back at the house, kay?" I said as I slipped on my slippers.

Mason's cold hands slipped around my waist and I stood still as he lowered his chin down onto my shoulder, "you aren't going anywhere dressed like that. Guys will be staring at you, at the beach sure, the mall? Hmmm no."

"Too bad you aren't my dad." I chuckled as I pulled away from him. He pursed his lips in a thin line and grabbed the towel from my grasp before draping it around my waist in an attempt to cover me up. "Mason!"

"Babe. . ." he groaned loudly when I snatched the towel away, "relax, we're just gonna go for a while, no lingering. And you know I only have eyes for you, there's nothing to worry about." I planted a kiss against his cheek and didn't wait for him to protest as I grabbed Sasha's hand and tugged her away from the dumbfounded boys.

I flashed her a smile and wrapped a hand around her shoulder, "let's go have some fun."

...

"We're here," I exclaimed as the car rolled into the parking lot. I turned the car off and slipped outside, Sasha in tow behind me as we sauntered out of the parking lot and towards the mall standing tall before us.

"Where do you wanna go first?" Sasha asked as we tumbled inside. We made our way towards the escalator and I wrapped a hand around hers, tugging her to my side as a couple strolled by. Her eyes lingered on them for a second and I watched her mouth fall.

"Victoria's Secret, to treat ourselves and then we'll think of more things along the way," I exclaimed as I dragged her towards the store, a smile stretching onto my lips. She smiled back, her head nodding softly.

As we entered the store, my eyes immediately flickered towards the lingerie section and both Sasha and I dashed towards it, giggling softly as we turned to face one another. "Why are you in the lingerie section, Sasha?" I inquired mischievously as I picked up a lace bra from the rack.

"I could ask you the very same thing, Michelle." She taunted as she snatched the bra from my hand, giggling loudly.

"Oh my gosh look at this, I am so buying this." I gushed as I grabbed a maroon lace set from the rack, wiggling my brows. She rolled her eyes and sauntered away from me, "you should take something for Kaden," I said as I followed in suit behind her, my eyes trailing over the wrack of undergarments.

"What's the point?" She mumbled, her head shaking softly as she raised a black laced bra up to her eyes, "to spice things up. . .look whatever is right for you and whatever will make you feel confident in the fact that Kaden still wants to be with you is your choice to make. You wanna buy lingerie for him or yourself? You wanna break up with him? Go ahead, the choice is yours, babe."

She flickered her eyes towards me and smiled softly as she shook her head in what seemed to be disbelief. She turned back towards the bar hanging between her fingertips and nodded her head, "I'm getting it, for myself. .  .and for him." She exclaimed as she draped it over her shoulder.

"That's what I'm talking about," I winked as I pulled her away, chuckling softly at the flushed look on her face.

We continued shopping for about twenty more minutes, even though I didn't need it I bought a handful of body spray and perfume and most likely five sets of undergarments. If I came here for a small vaca there is no way in hell I'm leaving empty-handed.

We left Victoria's Secret and went to Pandora to buy some jewelry. I decided to buy something for Tristan and Mason. I haven't hung out with Tristan one on one in so long I was starting to feel bad. I didn't want him to think I neglected him for Mason or anyone in general.

At the end of the day, he was still one of my best friends, a friend I'll never want to leave.

I also got Mason a customized bracelet. I planned it a week before we came here, it was a charm bracelet and I made sure everything that he loved was on it; A football, a pizza, a marijuana charm - I know but he really does love it, when he chooses too. There was also a charm of two people kissing symbolizing the first time we kissed and a few more.

I topped the bracelet off with one of my dad's Rolex watches. He had a collection of them that he's never worn before. I keep telling him to give some up for donation but he refuses so I took it upon myself to take one for Mason. It's not like he'll realize it's gone anyways.

"That's so cute, I wonder what I should get Kaden," Sasha said as she ran her hand over the glass case, peering down at the watches and bracelets.

"Oh get this," I said as I grabbed a wooden leather bracelet that had the words 'forever together' carved into it. She took it from my grasp and examined it, "it looks like his style, I've never seen him wear anything flashy so I'm sure he'd like it."

"Yeah you're right, he doesn't like wearing jewelry, this is nice and simple. . .I love it." I smiled and grabbed it from her grasp, "my treat." She parted her lips to refuse my offer but I hushed her up and handed the bracelets to the cashier. She cashed it and I ignored the stunned look on Sasha's face as the cashier handed me the receipt, a tight-lipped smile on her face.

"Where to next?" I asked as I grabbed our bags and sauntered out of the store. I handed her the jewelry case and she placed it into her bag, "I think I should treat myself, like go to the salon? I'm thinking of cutting my hair, get a manicure maybe? Are you gonna join me though? I know you already had that cutting hair phase." She said as her eyes flickered up to my shoulder lengthed hair.

I chopped it a few months ago after my father- well after he did what he did. It grew down to my shoulders but I kept on trimming on it. I have thought of dying and switching my natural blonde, maybe go brunette, but not today.

"No, I'm not cutting my hair. I might just do my nail and toes? Look cute you know the whole thang."

"Did you just say thang?" Sasha gagged in faux disgust. I chuckled loudly and shoved her away from me playfully, "shut up."

•••

"Mason, honey I'm home!" I giggled as I stumbled through the door. I knew the two of them were home seeing as the car was out front. It was my parent's car that they kept here in the garage whenever we came to visit. Kaden and Sasha rode in a separate car to the beach, her request not mine.

The house was dead silent and I paused at the foot of the door, frowning slightly. Why was it so silent? They're home, I know that for a fact, are they upstairs? I mean even if they were they'd still be able to hear me, the house was big but it wasn't grand.

"I'm gonna go change into that bra," Sahsa whisper yelled. Before I could reply she rushed down the hallway and into the bathroom.

I sauntered into and placed the bags down onto the sofa in the living room. There was a loud squeak upstairs and I rolled my eyes as I trekked upwards, "guys if you're planning to scare us or something I'm gonna kill you guys!"

Silence enveloped the house once again but this time it wasn't calm silence it was eerie. Like something was off, I could just feel in my bones that something was off. There was another squeak, and another and then another.

My blood ran cold as I etched towards the door and pressed my ear against it. Even if the sound was faint I knew what I heard and I didn't waste a second to bust the doors down, gasping at the sight before me.

There were two figures on the bed, under the sheets, the only thing visible were their faces but their bodies were glued together like a leach on skin. At the sound of my abrupt entrance, the two flung away from one another and I leaned onto the door frame for support as my eyes flickered towards him, anger coursing through my body.

"What the fuck is going on here!?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 8.3K 31
BEWARE: the writing in this is from when I was younger, and is extremely cringey and cliche. I advise you not to read this because the writing in thi...
1.5M 42.6K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...
3.5M 154K 74
"We need to start from the beginning. We need to find out who actually did it." β€’β€’β€’ Alexandra Black's new found perfect life turns upside down when h...
92.2K 4.6K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...