Idolize Me

By PaperMars

Rabid is what they are. The Scott family are as powerful as they are rich. They have more money than most cou... More

Idolize Me
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Fourteen

6.4K 432 137
By PaperMars

Chapter Fourteen

Ezra Scott is a lot of things, but I don't think he's a liar. When he wants something, he will do everything within his power to get it.  

In this case, I just so happen to be what he wants.

"He is so in love with you, I actually feel bad for him." Commented Vanessa as we both sat in the cafeteria. I watched as she ate her food so easily. I couldn't even think about food, ever since Ezra had threatened me, I have been too anxious to even sleep, let alone stomach something.

"I really wish I could object to that statement." I muttered as I leaned back, defeated. "I hardly slept last night. I'm afraid he's going to start haunting me in my dreams. Do you think I need a counselor?"

"I think he needs a counselor." She laughed, "What shitty luck he has, having nearly every girl his age in America wanting to date him, and yet he falls in love with the only one who doesn't."

"So, you're saying you'd date him?"

"I'm saying if he offered to pay my tuition, I wouldn't be complaining."

"You know this is the same guy whose fanbase made you bald, right?"

She waved her hand, "I'd shave my own hair if it meant no more student loans."

"Hmm, I take it back, maybe you need the counselor." My phone vibrated on the cafeteria table, but I ignored it. My dad had been texting me a lot today, and I didn't want to even read the messages. Part of me was afraid he saw the photos online with me kissing Ezra. Or maybe he was just wanting to talk to me.

Either way, I didn't want to deal with that right now.

"As if you wouldn't be happy with access to a Scott's bank account." Vanessa said with a devious smile.

"Umm, no, I wouldn't, because I had the chance to take it, and I refused."

"You're a sad girl, Olivia."

"I'm not the one looking for money in a relationship, instead of a man." I stood, "Now, I'm going to class early. The smell of this place is going to make me throw up."

"Throw up from anxiety, or misery because you make poor decisions?"

"Shut up." I walked out of the cafeteria and took a deep breath. So far, I had only seen Ezra earlier in class, but he didn't say anything. We had locked gazes the moment I saw him, but for the first time, he looked away first. I had even caught myself staring at him throughout the entire class period. He hadn't looked any better than he did yesterday, his eyes still displayed dark, luminous circles, and he looked exhausted. He wasn't sleeping because of me. Because I may just be the only person to have ever denied him something he wants.

Why don't I feel good about that?

What was worse was it wasn't entirely Ezra's wicked self that was haunting me in my dreams, it was the cruel words I said to him. The look of brokenness on his face yesterday was shocking. It's not that I never thought he had feelings, but it was still a surprise to see him so hurt.

That word; 'unlovable' must have history with him. I regret what I said. Even if he is an arrogant ass.

I walked to my next class as I normally do when everyone is still at lunch. The light was off, and I happily walked up to my desk and placed my books and papers on it. I put my hand into my pocket for my phone, and immediately began to panic.

I must have left it in the cafeteria.

I groaned in frustration as I dropped my book-bag on my desk and walked out of the room. I spent the entire way from the classroom to the cafeteria cursing myself for being stupid and not paying attention.

I was just afraid to run into Ezra.

When I entered the cafeteria, as I sought out the table that Vanessa was sitting at, I stopped. Vanessa was still sitting where I had left her, but beside her was Ezra. He was leaning casually back, his arm wrapped around her shoulders lazily like they were old friends. Vanessa looked tense, as if he were a vicious animal that would pounce on her the moment she moved an inch.

He was saying something to her that I couldn't hear, but whatever it was made her face go pale. Seeing her look so scared set me into a mode of rage. I went over to the table, Ezra now realizing I was there, smiled.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked him as I neared them both. "Get away from her."

He blinked, feigning innocence, "Why? I'm not hurting anyone."

"You have no right to sit near her."

"I don't recall her owning this spot."

I took a deep breath, knowing he was only doing this to piss me off. I turned to Vanessa, since I realized he wasn't cooperating. "What did he say to you?"

"That is none of your concern." He cut in, tightening his grip around her. "We were only talking."

"About?"

He gave me a bored look, "The weather, what else?"

Smartass.

I grabbed my phone from off the table, and beckoned for Vanessa to follow me, "Come on," I said to her, "I'll walk you to class."

I turned and started to walk away, but her unexpected reply stopped me.

"No."

I looked at her, "No?"

She looked nervous as she said, "No, Olivia. I'm going to stay here with him for today." She paused, "He and I, were, uhh, talking."

Blackmail. He was blackmailing her. Threatening her, maybe. I glared daggers at Ezra, "What the hell did you say to her?"

He shrugged, clearly enjoying this, "You heard the girl, she doesn't want to go with you." He waved his hand, "Now get lost."

I couldn't believe this. I tried to read the expression on her face, but she was casting blank emotions. She didn't even look sorry. I knew that couldn't be the case. Something was up, he had to be threatening her. She wouldn't just choose him over me, right?

I swallowed. "Fine." Knowing there was no point in making a scene and forcing Vanessa to do something she obviously didn't want, I left.

Returning to the empty classroom, I sat in my desk for the duration of the lunch period, racking my brain through each possibility as to what Ezra was saying, and if she stayed behind because he was threatening her.

And every possibility I came up with, didn't add up.

Eventually students began to arrive into the room, each taking their seats around me. My eyes immediately fell on Ezra who walked in with a girl wrapped around his arm. He seemed annoyed with her as she spoke to him about something he clearly didn't care about. When our eyes met, the expression on his face changed, almost like the boredom in his face evaporated into a look of liberation. Studying his face, I finally realized just how much he liked me.

Vanessa was right.

At first, I had thought he only wanted me because I pissed him off. That 'putting me in my place' was just an amusing past time for him. After the kiss though, he's been different. Like he doesn't even care to hide how much he wants me to say yes and date him.

I will never date him.

I don't think it's even me he loves, it's the chase. He probably has never been told no before in his life, so when a girl finally does reject him, he can't mentally process it. He loves the chase. 

And then he grabbed the girl who was holding his arm and kissed her. She didn't seem surprised at all, as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back.

Irritated, I looked away, knowing he was doing it to try and annoy me, which worked but not exactly in the way he probably wanted it to. Narcissistic jerk.

After a long, and boring class full of ignoring Ezra Scott, I immediately left to search for Vanessa, who wasn't waiting at my locker, despite her always waiting there after class. I checked her class, which again, she wasn't there, and I checked even checked the cafeteria again.

Nothing.

Finally, I resorted to checking her dorm. I made my way over to the dorms, not caring if I looked a bit desperate. I knocked on her dorm room and waited.

"Vanessa?" I called, not getting a response. I could hear some slight shuffling from behind the door, which told me she was home.

"Vanessa!" I knocked louder, "I know you're in there, so open up."

"I think you should leave." She said, her voice grim, "Seriously, just go."

I crossed my arms, "I'm not leaving until you tell me what the hell is going on."

I could hear her sigh, and a few seconds later, she unlocks the door. The moment the door was open, I barged in.

"Okay." I said, staring her straight in the eyes, "Tell me what that creep said to you."

She glanced back out into the hall, as if she was afraid of being caught even talking to me. I didn't doubt that's what she was feeling. Ezra definitely said something.

"You shouldn't be in here."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Because?"

She huffed, "Because I made a deal with Ezra."

I frowned, "What kind of deal?"

Finally, it all came out. The truth. With her shoulders slumped, she leaned against the door. "Do you remember when I said I'd date Ezra to pay my student loans?"

My eyes widened, "You're dating him?"

"What? No! God, no, Olivia. I'm not dating him, I'm-I'm helping him, I guess."

"Helping him how?"

She didn't even look at me as her eyes were focused on the floor. She looked ashamed. "When he came into the cafeteria, he was staring at me, and I thought maybe he was looking for you, right? Well, when he came over and sat by me I realized he wanted something, something from me."

I waited for her to continue.

She took a deep breath and sighed. "He did want something from me. He wanted my silence."

My heart broke knowing this was all my fault, "Vanessa, did he threaten you?"

She stared at me for a long moment, and then said, "No. No, that's just it, he didn't threaten me. He offered me money. He offered to pay my tuition entire, Olivia. My entire fucking tuition can you believe that?" She scoffed, "And all I have to do is not talk-" She paused, and then glanced up at me, "Not talk to you."

I couldn't believe it. He was actually paying her to stop being my friend. He wanted to isolate me from any happiness here. It was a brilliant plan to hurt me, and somehow, he knew Vanessa would agree to the money. He was ready to pay two-hundred-thousand dollars a year just to bring me down. The worst part is; I can't be mad at her for it. We haven't been friends that long, and all I ever brought along with me was drama with Ezra. Our friendship was a mess.

"You agreed then?" I asked her, with a clear of my throat.

"I'm sorry."

I nodded once, "I'm sorry too, but I understand." I really did.

"You were a great friend, you know." She said, as if it'd make me feel better.

I forced a small smile, "You too."

Not knowing what else to say, I awkwardly left her dorm, and headed straight to mine. Shrugging off my sweater, I fell onto my bed and cried for what felt like the hundredth time.

I wondered how many more nights Ezra was going to keep me up. How he always seemed to send me to bed in tears.

I thought about how I'd have to suffer alone the rest of the college year alone. Vanessa was my only friend, the only one who cared to talk to me. The only one who comforted me when Ezra would be himself.

I thought back to the rules I had made for myself when I first arrived at Trinity. How I was adamant on not socializing with anyone. Past me has been smart to think like that. Past me had been stupid for breaking the rules.

If Ezra wanted me to be miserable the rest of the year, I will refuse to show it. I will not let him win. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6M 233K 45
"Wait let me get this straight, you want me to get fat?" Cara does not know if she should be offended or threatened. Was this his grand plan to make...
6.2K 203 31
From the early years of her life she has been protected by her family until she thought it was finally time to take care of herself. As a toddler she...
265 61 22
Celine's parents forced Celine to enroll in public school hoping their daughter will get rid of her spoiled ways. Will it work? Celine Loure, the ric...
1.8K 68 19
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...