Simply Submissive (Secretly S...

By AlternativeTruths

A lot of you guys wanted a sequel. Be careful what you wish for๐Ÿ˜ˆ More

Character Index
1. Interviews
2. Catching Up
3. Flashbacks
4. Babysitting
5. Love, Too Soon
7. Bitchy Barbie
8. Bad Vibes
9. The Stone Room
10. Lithium
11. Plan B
12. If
13. Heavy
14. Issues
15. Baby Mama Drama
16. Everything
Author's Note
17. Braxton Hicks
18. 95%
19. Paths
20. Love
Spin-Off!!

6. The Quickening

28.1K 761 486
By AlternativeTruths

Song: Ride Slow by Russ

"Hey, Tiger," Cole says, walking into their spare bedroom. It's the one I've been staying in for the past couple of days.

I laugh. "Tiger?"

He grins sheepishly. "I don't know. It was suppose to be encouraging."

"Well," I say nodding. "You won't be writing cards for Hallmark anytime soon, but it's a nice thought."

"I'm really happy you're here. Since Sage is on crutches, it's great that you're here to help out. Plus, we missed you. I even had a chance to go by and say hey to Noah and Damian after I got off work, and I picked some of your stuff up." He drops a bag onto the bed. "It was already packed, so-" He trails off, nodding awkwardly.

Kade pops into my mind, and I feel a lump begin to form in my throat. Don't cry. "His is he?" I murmur, looking down. Cole knows who I mean.

He clears his throat. "Kade wasn't there. Noah says that he hasn't been for the past day."

"Probably with whoever he cheated on me with. Sleeping around with her. Probably multiple girls." I speak, beginning to overthink, letting the tears build.

"Stop," Cole says, suddenly. I glance up at him, confused by the firmness of his tone. "I will not stand by and let you do this to yourself. Get up. Come with me."

He turns to walk out, and I laugh, finding it odd that he is being so demanding. Cole has always been an easy-going type of guy. I decide to stand and follow. He leads me to the living room where Sage is laying on the couch, rocking Easton. She smiles up to me.

"Hey, Iris."

I do my best to smile back, but my voice gives my true emotion away when I speak. "Hey, Girl."

"Iris, I need you to think about something, OK?" Cole says, standing beside Sage. "This is why I brought you in here. You live with me, Sage, and Easton now. Noah and Damian still care about you, and you have a little girl on the way that is going to love you harder than any other person on this earth someday. Kade is a dick. I know, but you can't just sit around and beat yourself up over this. You still have the four of us and two little babies that love you so much." He walks towards me, grabbing me by the shoulders. "You didn't do anything wrong. Kade did. He screwed up, and that's on him. Don't let it affect how you live your life."

I stand there, speechless. I've been so consumed ny my own self pity over the past couple of days that I haven't even realized that I have been ignoring everyone. I haven't been talking to Sage or Cole, and I have four unread messages from Damian and three from Noah.

"I-I'm sorry, Guys," I stutter, feeling the first tear fall. "I think I just needed a couple of days to adjust to the fact that I'm really going to be a single mother. I always told myself that I was going to give my baby everything I never had, and now-" My head falls. "I just don't know."

"If I could walk over there without crutches, I'd give you a big hug," Sage interjects.

I laugh, glancing up to her and wiping a few tears away. "I love you, Sage."

She gives me a sweet smile. "I love you, too."

"Thanks, Cole," I say, pulling him into a quick hug.

"No problem, Tiger," he replies.

I chuckle, pulling away. "You're crazy."

He rolls his eyes. "Love you, too."

We spend the day watching movies, taking care of Easton, and goofing off. The whole thing really takes my mind off of Kade, and it cheers me up a lot, knowing that I will always have a family in them.

Around ten, though, when I go to my room to get ready for bed, the depression begins creeping back. I try to remember Cole's words from earlier and shake it off, slipping my phone out of my pocket. I should really look at those messages from Damian and Noah. That's a little overdue.

*Damian:

-Hey, I was just checking on you today

-Are you OK, Iris?

-I forgot how boring it is here without you to bug

-Be ready in the morning around 8. I'll be there to pick you up so that we can leave to your dad's

*Noah:

-Good Morning

-I miss seeing you around the house. What happened between you and Boss? Damian wouldn't tell me.

-I took off work for the next few days to come with you. Is it OK if I do? 

I sigh, texting Damian back first.

*Iris: Hey, sorry I've been MIA. I just needed some time. I'll be ready in the morning. Thanks for everything, Damian.

His text arrives almost immediately after.

*Damian: No problem. Good night! See you in the morning.

After reading his text, I decide to text Noah back, but what should I say to him? I mean, I could tell him what happened, but other than that, what? I don't want him to think that just because we are both single now, we are going to get together. I need time to adjust, and I honestly don't even know how I feel about anything or anyone besides the little human in my belly.

*Iris: Hey Noah. Sorry I haven't texted back. I just needed some time. You can come tomorrow. It'll be more fun if it's the three of us!

I press send on the message, and just moments after, my phone begins to ring. I glance down at the screen and see that it's Noah calling.

"Hello," I answer, confused. He has never called me before.

"Uh, hey," he says, nervously from the other side of the phone. I can't see him, but I just know that he is doing that nervous habit where he paces slowly, rubbing the back of his neck. "So," he says, hesitating for a moment. I lay back on the bed, covering myself up and getting comfy. "W-What happened?"

I sigh, heavily. I should have known that's why he called. "I don't know," I mumble. "Kade told me that the only reason he proposed was because I was pregnant, and then he said that a couple of months ago, he got drunk and slept with some girl. That's when I told him I kissed you on accident, and then he had the nerve to get mad about that. He told me to get out, and now, I need to find a job, because I don't want to impose on Sage and Cole. They finally have their own place, and now I'm here, crowding them. I know they don't see it that way, but that's how it feels."

"When we get back from your dad's, you're moving out," he says, bluntly.

I laugh. "With what money? I don't even have anything set up for the baby, yet. I'm already a terrible mother."

"Boss told me that he would be gone for a few days before he left yesterday. Come back for tonight. You're not a terrible mother. I have money put back. I'll help you with a deposit and first month's rent. I had it put back for me to move out, but you need it more right now."

"No," I say, firmly. "No to all of that. What if he comes back when I'm there? I couldn't stomach it, and I am definitely not taking your money. I'll make my own."

"Either you pick out a place to move into, or I'll pick it for you and leave it empty until you move in. I'll be there in forty-five minutes. Pack you bags for tomorrow."

"Wait, what? You're coming to get me?" I ask, quickly.

"Yes." With that, he hangs up before I can object.

I toss my phone onto the bed with a frustrated sigh and go to tell Sage.

"Noah is coming to pick you up?" She asks, her eyes growing wide. I nod, nervously. She knows about the kiss now that I told her what happened between Kade and I. "You guys aren't like-"

"No!" I snap, whispering so that I don't wake Cole. "It's not like that. I mean, maybe it is for him, but it's not for me."

"You need to give yourself time to heal, Iris. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but I don't want to see you confused or hurt again."

"It's not like that," I whine. "I've never really seen Noah like that. He's sweet, but I don't know."

"But, you were too hung up on Kade," she says, nodding. "You never gave Noah a chance. Just be careful, OK?"

I nod with a deep sigh. "OK. I'll text you when I make it to my dad's tomorrow evening."

She smiles. "Good luck."

I sit outside with my bags packed, waiting for Noah. After about five minutes, I am about to text him to make sure he is OK until I see his headlights coming up the driveway. He parks as I am walking towards him, pops the trunk and the hops out to take my bags. "You shouldn't be carrying all of these," he says, scolding me.

I smile. "You're too much."

"Hm," he says. "That's weird. I'm usually never enough."

My brow creases. "That was a very cynical joke," I say, laughing as he opens my door for me. "Rough day?"

He pauses, thinking for a moment. "Yea, I guess. Weird day, really."

He hops in and starts the car, and then we begin to head back to the house. "Tell me about it. Why was it weird?"

He sighs. "I broke up with Jessica today, and she made me feel terrible about it. She told me that she wanted me to be the dad of the baby because she thought I'd make a good dad. I objected though, and then I told her the truth. I told her that I've never really been into the relationship, and that's why we never had sex."

"So why do you feel so terrible?" I ask, confused.

I see him shrug, and then he leans his head back on the seat. "I don't know. I didn't think she would be crazy enough to try and ask me to stay with her. Then, she mentioned that she wanted me there for her baby, and that just made me feel like crap. I know it's not mine, but I could have given it the chance to grow up with a dad, and I walked away."

As he says this, I feel tears spring into my eyes, and I quickly glance out the window. "I understand how that could mess you up a little," I reply, quietly, sniffling.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Noah says, concern in his voice. I feel his hand place itself over my knee, giving it a light squeeze, and instantly, my skin begins to tingle from the contact. I flinch in surprise, and he pulls his hand away, quickly. "Sorry," he murmurs, putting both hands back on the steering wheel.

"No, it's OK," I reply. "You just startled me." What was that feeling? I don't think I've ever experienced that sensation from Noah's touch before.

Sage's words from earlier suddenly echo in my mind. "But, you were too hung up on Kade. You never gave Noah a chance."

Shit. I am not dealing with that right now.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he says. "But is something wrong? Did I say something to upset you a second ago?"

I frown. "I'm just being overly sensitive. It just made me think of how my baby isn't going to have a father who is in in the picture all of the time. Emma is going to grow up thinking that there is something wrong with her because he father didn't love her enough to try and hold it together."

I see Noah's hands tighten on the wheel. "E-Emma?" He sputters. "You're naming her Emma?"

I had forgotten until now that I hadn't told him. "Yes, after Damian's mom," I say, nodding. "It's a cute name, and it's meaning to the people I love."

"God, I can't wait to meet her in a few months," Noah breaths out, his voice cracking.

"Are you crying?" I ask, shocked.

"I'm not crying. You're crying," he mumbles, defensevly. "I just miss Damian's mom a lot. I grew up in a shitty foster home, and she was always there for me."

"You never told me you were in foster care," I say, surprised. The only response I receive is a nod as he keeps his eyes on the road.

I feel my heart sink, realizing that Noah must have had a childhood very similar to mine. Before I can stop myself, I find my hand reaching for his, taking it from the steering wheel and lacing his fingers into mine. He pulls my hand to his face, placing a light kiss on top of it with soft, warm, lips, and then our hands fall into his lap, locked together.

I stare straight ahead, just as he does, not sure how exactly to feel about the gesture. All I know is that I don't want to let go of him right now. He seemed really emotional about the subject, and I've very rarely ever seen him like that. The only other time he ever cried around me was when Him, Sage, and I watched the movie Marley and Me.

When we make it to the house is when he finally drops my hand. He carries my bags inside, tossing them into his room. "Wait," I say. "Where am I sleeping?"

"In here," he replies, casually. "I'm taking the couch. None of the other bedrooms are set up for guests."

I frown. "I can sleep on the couch."

"And if Kade shows up sooner than expected?" He asks, cocking an eyebrow at me.

My jaw clenches. "You're right," I mumble.

"Iris?" Damian's voice calls from down the hall. "You're back?"

I turn to him, suddenly smiling. "Yep, just for tonight."

He walks over to me, pulling me into a big hug. "I missed you, Brat."

I scrunch my nose, sticking my tongue out. "You're the brat. Are you guys hungry?"

Both of them laugh, and then Noah speaks. "No, but I'm sure you are. C'mon, I'll make us a snack before bed."

We begin to make our way to the kitchen, but just before I enter, I stop, gasping. "Guys!" I exclaim, nearly in tears. "Emma just kicked for the first time!"

Both of then stop. "You're really naming her after my mom?" He exclaims, grinning.

I nod, laughing. "Yes, I am." My hand places itself over my belly, and I feel another tiny flutter. "In my baby book, it says that this is called the quickening. It's when you first start to feel the baby move around."

Noah walks closer with an odd expression on his face. "Can I feel?"

I nod up to him, grinning, and he presses his hand to the side of my belly. "No," I say, gently grabbing his hand. He tenses a little. "It's over on this side, right around here." I slide his hand to the other side of my belly on the lower half, and he stands there for a few seconds waiting until I feel another little tickle.

Noah's soft, blue, eyes light up, and he laughs. "I felt her! She kicked me!"

Damian walks closer. "Move over, Jerk. I wanna feel, too." He places his hand over my belly in the same spot that Noah's was. A few seconds pass, and he frowns. "Why is she not kicking for m- Oh, she did it!" He shouts, excitedly.

Just as he speaks, the front door swings open, slamming against the wall, and the three of us freeze. There, in the front entrance, stands Kade, obviously drunk. An angry expression crosses his face as soon as he sees me. "What in the hell are you doing here?" He spits.

"N-Noah brought me over because we have somewhere to go tomorrow," I mumble.

He glances between Damian and I as Damian's hand falls from my stomach. "What are you doing?"

I walk a little closer to him, nervously. "The baby is kicking," I say, speaking quietly. "Do you want to feel?"

He scoffs. "Why would I want to feel?" He asks, bitterly.

"She's your daughter!" I shout, feeling anger bubble up inside the pit of my stomach at his words. "You're suppose to want to be there for her!"

I see fury flash across his face, but before he can respond, Jessica stumbles through the door behind him. "Hey Kade, have you seen my-" She asks, slurring, but then stops suddenly as she sees Noah, Damian, and I. "I thought you said you kicked Iris out," she mumbles, awkwardly. "And that Noah and Damian would be asleep."

"Jessica?" Noah asks, puzzled. "Why are you here? Why are you drunk? I thought you said you were pregnant."

"She is," Kade snaps. "But it's not your baby, so why do you give a shit?"

"I know it's not my baby," Noah bites back. "But if it was your baby, how would you feel about her drinking?"

Kade glances over to Jessica. They hold each other's drunken gaze for a moment, and then both burst out into a fit of laughter.

"What?" Damian asks, just as confused as me. "What's so funny?"

I glance over to Noah to see his fists clenched. His face begins to turn a bright shade of red. "What is it?" I ask, completely lost.

"You mother fucker," Noah shouts. "How could you?"

This only causes Kade and Jessica to laugh even harder. They are doubled over, barely able to breath."

"Noah!" I bark. "What are they laughing at?"

"It's his baby!" Noah shouts, shaking with rage. "Kade knocked up you and Jessica."

A/N: Am I really that predictable? Haha a few of you guys actually called this twist. I did hint at it a lot, I guess. I'm sorry lol Thank you guys for reading though. I don't think this is what you guys were expecting in the sequel, but I want to explain. In Secretly Submissive, things with Kade and Iris blossomed really fast. I wanted take a minute for a reality check and to show a side of all of the characters, including Kade's, that we had never seen before. It kind of just shows to be careful who you trust and give it all away to, and that you should really get to know a person first, for your own good. Thank you all so much for reading, and I definitely have another crazy plan for the next chapters, which should be coming soon! This book is probably going to be a little longer than the first! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 8.5K 50
This book did not come out as planned, there are many errors but read at your own risk. If you do read make sure to like, comment, and follow. Thank...
751 7 7
Something within Daniel has snapped and now all he wants is to protect his dolls. This story is like 95% pornographic so it'll probably be taken down...
511K 8.8K 60
โš ๏ธGraphic/Matureโš ๏ธ She tried to leave him - Big Fucking Mistake. She belonged to Him and Him alone.
2.4K 148 19
A ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ข ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ง ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด. ๐˜•๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๏ฟฝ...