Flightless Bird ( Steve Roger...

By JokeWasOnMe

Harper Silviano ia an ex secret agent of S.H I.E.L.D. who recently left the agency to pursue a nornal life. W... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 10

Part 9

86 4 0
By JokeWasOnMe

Steve and I practically marched towards the lab where Tony and Bruce were. They might have already known about these weapons from Tony's decryption programmer that was supposedly hacking into the S.H.I.E.L.D. main frame. But Steve and I had physical and real proof of what Fury was doing. I didn't even care if Fury got upset about it, he seriously had to explain himself either way. A few agents gave us peculiar looks as Steve walked down the hall with the massive futuristic looking grey gun. Yet we both put off a ' Don't you dare even think about asking' aura. I could tell Steve was more upset about this than I. I mean I was a little irritated Fury had kept this from hs but I knew he had a reason to keep his secrets. We all had secrets you know.

We were starting down the hall to the lab where we heard Tony's unmistakable voice speaking. "You'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss. Also, what exactly is PHASE 2?" Tony asked just as we entered the room. Ironically, Fury was already in there and Tony stood behind a see through monitor that was currently displaying a large document with the words PHASE 2 at the top. Steve dropped the minigun like weapon upon the center table catching everyone's attention. Fury didn't seem surprised to see Steve but he was surprised to see me with him. " PHASE 2 is when S.H.I.E.L.D uses the cube to make weapons" Steve announced as Banner stood up from his stool to peer intently at the large heavy grey gun.

Fury's forehead wrinkled as his one good eye centered upon me. " Agent Silviano you were supposed to keep an eye on these three not enable them" Fury claimed and I immediately shut down his crap. " It's not agent anymore Fury and you should have known better than to keep something like this away from us. Especially me" I replied and put a hand on my hip defiantly. I was so used to being the obedient little agent that this rebelion almost felt self serving.

Fury looked like he wanted to say something else be he seemed to know deep down that he shouldn't have lied to me. He looked to Steve who was practically livid "Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're build--...I'm sorry what were you saying Fury?" Tony interjected as he displayed a large blueprint of what to be some sort of advanced missile launcher weapon.

"What were you lying about?" Tony asked innocently. I could see a muscle in Fury's jaw strain as he kept his cool. Steve took a step forward " I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit" Steve stated just as Natasha and also Thor walked in. My eyes met Natashas and I automatically noticed something was troubling her. She had a mean poker face but it never worked against me. Her talk with Loki could have been a success but it had struck a nerve.

Natasha quickly turned her attention to Bruce who she had recruited to the cause. "Did you know about this?" Tony asked her abruptly. I gave him a look "Back off of her" I told him knowing she didn't know entirely about it. Tony obviously didn't like taking orders but he was smart enough to not piss me off.

Natasha took a few steps towards Bruce who had become agitated just like Steve had. " You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Natasha asked.

" I had been in Calcutta India, I was pretty well removed before you brought me back" Bruce replied as we all watched the pair speak.

"Loki is manipulating you" Natasha claimed and I wondered if Loki had brought up the Hulk during their conversation. It was a disturbing thought. "Oh and you've been doing what exactly?"Bruce asked in kind. He didn't seem the least bit intimidated by Natasha witch was surprising.

"You didn't come here because I batted my eyelashes at you" Natasha continued.

" Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction" Bruce stated as he gestured to the moniot Tony had displayed. Natasha didn't reply to this one and instead it was Fury who spoke up. "Because of him" Fury replied pointing directly to Thor who had remained quiet during the talk.

Thor looked stunned and even taken back from the sudden accusation. " Me?"He asked crossing his unusually broad arms they might have been even more buff than Steves. " Last year we had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned" Fury explained and I began to grasp why he created these weapons.

" My people want nothing but peace with midgard" Thor argued but Fury anticipated this. "And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled" Fury claimed as I nodded in understanding. I understood his reasoning yet it still didn't 100% justify his actions.

" You're work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war" Thor replied with his deep brasso voice. A beat of silence hung over the room as the last word was spoken. " You forced our hand. We had to come up with something" Fury argued.

"Nuclear deterrents. 'Cause that always calms everything right down" Tony replied wittily. Fury turned to him with his emotionless gaze. " I'm sorry Mr.Stark but how did you make your living again?"Fury asked and obviously had a point yet it was beside the fact.

Tony looked a tad taken back " What? How is this all suddenly about me?" Tony asked gesturing to himself. Steve took a step forward "Oh I'm sorry isn't everything?" Steve asked as the pair now glared at each other.

"I thought humans were more evolved than this" Thor voiced.

Fury gave a minorly incredulous look "Oh I'm sorry do we come to your planet and blow stuff up?" Fury asked him. Thor didn't back down from Fury " Did you always give your champions such mistrust?" Thor asked with his deep voice practically resonating off the walls.

"Are you all really naive?" Natasha asked as several others replied. The lav dissolves into different arguments between just about everyone. I tried to tell them that we should stop arguing and focus on the cube but it seemed no one had even heard me. All the different egos and personalities in the room clashed together like battleships. Steve and Tony were really getting into it as they tossed words back and forth in a demeaning manner.

" You speak of control, yet you court chaos" Thor's voice boomed finally breaking through the almost buzzing sound of them all arguing. Bruce cleared his throat sharply "It's his M.O., isn't it? I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're... we're a time-bomb" Bruce claimed as he slowly started walking backwards. His short footsteps were directing him towards Loki's glowing blue scepter behind him.

"You need to step away" Natasha insisted as her hand brushed her hup where her gun holster was. The agitation coming from Bruce was becoming dangerously high. Tony put a hand on Steve's shoulder with a complacent look "Why doesn't the guy let off a little steam?" Tony wondered as Steve quickly swat Tony's arm away from him.

Steve looked pissed "You know damn well why now back off" Steve commanded as the pair faced each other again. They seemed to always want to fight. "Oh I'm starting to want you make me" Tony chidded much to Steve's apparent irritation. The difference between Tony's dramatic overconfident ego and Steve patriotic selfless aura was amazing. The pair faced each other with the Captain's back to me.

"Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?" Steve asked as we all watched the pair. I shared a look with Natasha as we both knew this whole argument was wasting time. Now that I knew Fury had lied to us it was time to move on. "Genius, playboy, billionaire, philanthropist" Tony listed off and I really wanted to just slap the goatee right off his face for that comment. I mean it was true but they were both just making it worse.

Steve smirked mockingly "I knew men with none of that worth ten of you. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you." Steve replied and Tony shrugged.

" I think I would just cut the wire" Tony replied making Steve chuff sardonically. "Always a way out... You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero" Steve seethed yet Tony still didn't miss a beat.

" A hero? Like you? You're a lab rat Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle!" Tony hissed and finally I put my foot down. I felt like an older sister who had to stop her younger brothers from fighting all the time. "Will you two stop acting like such children. Can't you see that this is exactly what Loki wants?" I asked clearly and finally stopped the two men who were in the middle of their argument. I liked Steve and everything but this wasn't really the time for an ego match.

Steve took a step back as Tony walked a few feet away rubbing the back of his neck. Steve looked at me with his cerulean blue eyes. He seemed to almost thank me without even saying anything. Thor chuckled deeply but almost jeeringly " You people are so petty... and tiny" Thor proclaimed.

Bruce snorted dismally "Yeah,this is a team" He stated.

Fury spoke next "Agent Romanoff would you escort Dr.Banner back to his -- Where you rented my room?" Bruce interrupted.

" The cell was just in case..." Fury began but Bruce was already a step ahead. " In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know! I tried!" Bruce replied as the room became silent.

Bruce took an exhale as his eyes darted around. Natasha and fury looked uncommonly unnerved at the moment. I did too. The feeling of knowing there was something more dangerous than me in the room was daunting enough. " I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good, until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk!" Bruce explained as he took several more steps back.

His right hand subconsciously grabbed the scepter and my hand was already on the handle of my walther. " You wanna know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?" Bruce asked as his eyes flicked between Natasha and fury. Fury looked at him with eyes of pure granite. My eyes went to the scepter Bruce now held in his hand. He didn't even seem to notice.

" Dr. Banner, put down the scepter" Steve inspired softly as Banner looked down as his hand with surprise. He quickly put it away just as on of the moniots pinged loudly. It was the moniot that was searching for the Tesseract. " Sorry kids I guess you didn't get to see the trick after all"He stated before striding towards the monitor.

" Where is it?" I asked as Bruce looked at the monitor astounded.

"Its---BOOM!!" A sudden violent shudder completely shook the ship as if it had just been broadsided by a tidal wave. There was then a huge blast that sent all of us flying our tumbling in different directions. I let out a yelp of surprise as I flown back against the wall sharply with the back of my head colliding with the wall. Thor and Fury both got slammed into a separate wall and Bruce and Natasha both went out out the front window down into the equipment storage area below. I landed on my stomach on top of something dense that was not an object. It happened to Steve who looked up at me with surprise as I was quite literally laying on top of him. Our noses were mere centimeters away as a pink tinge somehow appeared on my cheeks from embarrassment. This really was not the time though. I awkwardly got off him and my hands fell upon shards of broken glass from the now destroyed monitors.. The glass should have shredded my hands but it could hardly break through my skin. " Put on the suit" Steve stated towards Tony. " Roger that" Tony replied as he stood back up with a groan.

I stood back up to see Fury with his hand to the com link in his ear. "We are being attacked by a warjet of that port side. Turbine 3 is down, I need air support out there to repair it from outside. Mr.Stark, agent Silviano, that's you" Fury ordered and Tony quickly shot out the door to go get his Iron Man suit on as quickly as possible. I wasn't so hasty to comply as I rushed to where Natasha had been launched out the window. Bruce was unstable meaning she was in danger. "But Natasha needs help" I claimed as I tried to get around the destroyed debris of the lab to see where Natasha was. I actually felt a little frightened that she had been badly injured but I could faintly hear her voice over everything. It was unintelligible but I could tell she was speaking to Brus who was down there with her. Fury stepped in front of me completely blocking my path to her. " Agent Silviano I need you outside with Mr.Stark" Fury ordered as I tried to get around him.

I faced him confidently " But Natasha she is down there with Bruce"I argued as the aircraft shuddered once again. I couldn't just leave her down there. " I know you want to help her but if we lose another turbine we all die. Your good but you can't take down the Hulk. Thor can" Fury replied as I hesitated. It felt wrong to leave her but he had a point. What could I do against the Hulk? Could adamantium talons even pierce such a creature? Thor was a god with his mighty hammer. If anyone could best the Hulk it might be him.

" Harper, please. If we go down it all goes down"Fury stated as the entire ship tilted to the left as it plummeting down wards. I contemplated it and eventually decided to go against what I thought was right. " Fine, but make sure she is ok"I replied as a shower of electrical sparks rained down from the crumbling ceiling up above. Fury nodded as I darted out the door and sprinted towards where the third turbine was. A part of me still wanted to go back and help Natasha but I knew I needed to help Tony to save everyone else. I wanted to believe that Natasha has survived worse but it was difficult to. I began to wonder if this attack was being orchestrated by Clint seeing as he was still under Loki's influence.

However when I did finally arrive at the third turbine my focus altered when I saw the nearly decimated remains of the turbine that was now dormant. The wind whipped around my face as I found Steve looking at the same destruction. Granted the turbine was roughed up but it didn't look entirely dysfunctional. Yet the amount of debris and mostly destroyed functions around it made me doubt it still worked.

Thankfully we had Tony to solve that part. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 305 75
One who have been used, tortured, modified again and again and again until she escaped. She has long forgot of feelings like happy, safe and love. Sh...
154K 4.6K 24
When sixteen year old Y/n L/n, a telekinetic orphan joins the Avengers, she is assigned as Loki's Mission partner. They are a great team, often makin...
2.3K 28 15
Epin works alongside the Avengers, using her unique talents to complete missions and become a well known 'hero' even though she hates being called th...
159K 4.1K 11
After the events with S.H.E.I.L.D. and Hydra, S.H.E.I.L.D. is no more and they need all the help they can get when the science bro's get a little mor...