The Twilight Veil (Link X Rea...

By catfishhamsterlady

COMPLETED- 2018 "Where did you come from?" Ilia asked and that's when everything stopped. Where did I come fr... More

Hello!
-Prologue-
-Twilight Takeover-
-New Friends-
-Panicking Partners-
-Joking Heroes-
-Journey Together-
-Mission Children-
-Cheating Wrestler-
-Hot Arrows-
-Drowning Fears-
-Dark Waters-
-Ghost Tears-
-Hurt Hearts-
-Beautiful Memories-
-Cool Dude-
-Dumb Differences-
-Friendly Kidnapping-
-Cold Anger-
-Trading Places-
-Many Tasks-
-Spider Leg-
-Sudden Doubts-
-Unspoken Truth-
-Anxious Guilt-
-Selfish Thoughts-
-Controlling Thoughts-
-Scared Beauty-
-Goodbye Friend-
-House of Memories-
-Looming Death-
-Fighting Chance-
-Epilogue-
-The Author-
-Soon-
AYO LOOK, LISTEN!! (Authors note)
NEW BOOK!

-Preceding Time-

5.8K 164 226
By catfishhamsterlady

Listen along for the full effect of this chapter!

I slept through the night with muffled voices whispering in my ear, my name being heard calling and screaming it out until I woke up with a sudden yell. "Hey, Link!" I shot up from my bed gasping, my hand clutching the pendant tightly as the whispers of my name drifted away. Link groaned from the couch, standing up and yawning as he climbed a latter. "Can you come and help me herd goats?" A man asked, Link yawned and nodded tiredly. He slid down the ladder and looked at me. "I'm sorry (Y/n), that was Fado." I nodded slowly and stretched. "How'd you sleep?" He asked softly. I shrugged and held my head. "It feels like I should be remembering something, but I can't and I'm so sorry," I whispered looking at Link. "It's important I know it is.." I said closing my eyes as Link took my hand. "It's okay, (Y/n) don't worry." He said softly before hugging me. "Come on, let's go outside. I'll show you around." He said softly.

With those words, Link took my hand and I stood and smiled. He let go of my hand and walked outside. I followed him and groaned, covering my eyes. "It's so bright!" I hissed, Link laughed and leaped off of his balcony. I grunted and crawled down the ladder. "Uh.. where's Epona?" Link asked quickly looking around, before running through a different trail. I quickly followed until we happened upon a spring. Ilia was there washing a horse. Link saw Ilia and blushed, I giggled knowingly and winked at him. "Cute." He grumbled and pushed me away.

Link walked over to the large and beautiful Clydesdale horse, I sighed softly and smiled. Link pet her gently and kissed her nose. "This is Epona." He said softly stroking her mane. "Yup!" Ilia said proudly as she saw me. "This is Orodon Spring." She said standing in the water. I reached forward and Epona reared back for a moment before slowly leaning back into my hand. "Steady," Ilia murmured. I shook standing where I was, and in her eyes, I saw my fear reflected back to me.

"I've never seen such a magnificent creature in my life," I whispered softly, Link snorted. "How can you know if you've lost your memory?" He teased, I huffed and looked at Epona. "What a meanie." I joked. Ilia laughed softly. "You must treat her nice, she's a girl too." Link nodded and weaved his fingers together and leaned down beside Epona and me.

"Hop up." He said simply. "Throw your leg over her and let's go." I grabbed onto the saddle and stepped on Link's hand, throwing my leg over and sitting. Ilia helped me with a giggle, winking at me. "Careful with her." My eyes widened as I smiled proudly before Link mounted Epona, sitting behind me. "Hold onto the horn." He informed softly, placing my hands on it. "I'll keep you up here, you shouldn't fall off." I nodded softly and tightened my grip as Epona began to walk forward and out of the spring. She began to trot and I laughed softly, swaying with her movements. As Link and I went down a trail we came upon a quaint town, Link trotted back to a ranch area. I smiled and waved at the villagers, they waved back smiling softly.

Link smiled as we entered the ranch, twenty goats roaming around. "You may want to get off for this." He informed. I nodded as he helped me down gingerly. I stood beside who I'd assume is Fado and watched. "A fine young lad, isn't he?" Fado asked watching Link herd the goats, we rushed back quickly to avoid being trampled. "Yeah, he is," I said watching him. "He's very kind, I hope to become good friends with him," I said softly, Fado laughed. "He loves making friends, he may be a bit quiet but that's fine. It's a refresher because of so many.. loudmouths." I laughed softly as Link finished trotting back to me. "Good job!" I said giving him a thumbs up. "It was all Epona here, I just screamed." I laughed and began the walk back home, by the time we got home it was the night. I forced Link to sleep in his own bed while I slept on the couch instead.

"Link! It's time to wake up!" I bolted up from the couch and slipped off, making more of a racket than I'd like. Link groaned softly and hopped down. "How would you like to see the village?" He asked me as I stood and brushed myself off. "Sounds good," I mumbled softly, Link smiled at me. "Sorry," He said as we walked out, I looked worse than Link with my horrid bed head. "Do you have a brush?" I mumbled, Link shaking his head. "I don't need it usually." I sighed and straightened myself up. "Well, that's wonderful," I mumbled. "Link! There's a new slingshot in the shop! It's only 30 rupees!" Beth said quickly, grabbing his arm.

I blinked and looked at Link. "What are rupees?" I asked as he pulled out his wallet and showed me. "These." I nodded looking at them. Link took my hand and smiled. "How about I give you a tour?" He asked. I nodded softly. "Sounds good," I said, Link beamed and dragged me through the town. We walked into the store but the shopkeeper, Sera, was too worried about her cat to allow us to get the slingshot. Instead, Link climbed onto rocks overlooking a river and picked some reeds. "Watch this," He said and blew into it.

The music that flowed from the reed made me sway softly to the beat, it was beautiful. A caw was heard overhead and I screamed a bit as wings flapped beside me. "This is my falcon." Link said holding out the large bird to me, I looked at him and reached out. "You may not want to do that," He said. "He's not trusting." I nodded as Link looked out and saw a monkey holding a baby basket. "Hey!" He quickly retrieved it and his falcon set it in his arms. "Let's see if Uli lost it." Link said as we hopped down. There Uli sat, very pregnant, with a worried look on her face. "Link have you— oh thank you!" She sighed smiling. Uli looked at me and beamed. "And who is this young lady?" She asked.

"I'm (Y/n)," I said softly, Uli chuckled. "Careful of men, I'm pregnant because of one." She smiled mischievously at Link, he blushed and his eyes widened. "It's nothing like that, Uli. She's actually lost, (Y/n) lost her memory. When I deliver the gift tomorrow I'm going to take her with to see if anyone knows of her." Uli nodded and looked at me with a frown. "I'm sorry dear, that's terrible! I hope you get back home alright, but with Link protecting you I'm sure you will." She said taking my arm before looking at Link. "Colin made you something, come on!" She said happily. We walked to her house and she gave Link a fishing pole.

"It's unpolished but it works, I hope you enjoy it." Link smiled proudly looking it over. "I love it, and I'll make sure to tell him." He said and led me across the bridge and to a dock. He began to fish and a cat padded beside us. He caught a fish and I smiled about to grab it before that nasty cat took it and ran off. Link and I followed it to the shop. We walked inside and found him sipping milk. Link and I quickly got the slingshot and a bottle of milk, I drank it quickly and happily, before rushing back home.

"You got the slingshot!" Beth gasped. "Show us how it works!" Talo said clapping his hands. "Yeah! Aim for the targets!" Link smiled and laughed. He did as asked and showed Talo how to use it. "Now you just pull back and," Link released Talo's hand and he let go hitting the head of the pumpkin. Talo gasped and cheered, Link smiled and looked at me. "I'll be right back, I'm gonna teach these kids how to sword fight." I laughed as he ran inside, the kids looked at me. "You remembering anything?"
"Yeah! Like your boyfriend!"
"Or your mama!"
"What about where you live?"
"Are you the princess?"

The questions kept coming and I shook my head. "A bit, I don't have a boyfriend. I don't know my mama. I don't know. No, I'm not." I said quickly trying to keep track of all the questions. The kids kept piling up on me and I kept trying to answer as best as I can until Link came out with a wooden sword. The kids cheered and rushed over to him, he taught them how to sword fight before Talo smiled holding onto Link's sword. "Now I can finally punish those monkeys!" He said, a squeak was heard and all three kids turned to see a monkey. Link and I stood still as they ran off to get the monkey. "Fuck." Link whispered and leaped on Epona, riding her into the forest. I gasped and ran after him. "Link! Wait!" For a moment I thought that it wasn't Link in front of me, but a small... thing. A person. I stopped for a moment before seeing Link stopped in front of me, fear in his eyes. "Come on (Y/n)." He said and held out his hand. I grabbed on and hoisted myself onto Epona behind Link. I grabbed onto him tightly as Epona broke into a run. Link pulled out a lantern and lit it as we stopped before a cave, face full of determination as he ran me through. "Talo!" He called out running through the forest before we came upon a locked gate. Link snarled and kicked at it until the lock broke, a Moblin on the other side.

Link pulled out his wooden sword and stabbed it through before he pulled me into the cave. On the other side were more moblins, Link quickly took them out as I stood there stunned. He turned and looked at me. "Come on, we don't have much time." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the wooden bridge. On the bridge was another Moblin, Talo, and the monkey. Link defeated the Moblin and I got the two out of the cage. "Thanks, Link, (Y/n)—"

"You should know better to never run into the woods alone." Link said sternly, Talo froze up and looked at Link with big eyes. "But-"
"But nothing, we were very worried for your safety. You and that monkey could've been harmed, especially you." Link said lightening up as he kneeled down to Talo. "I don't want to see you getting hurt, you're my friend." Talo's eyes welled up with tears as he nodded and hugged Link. I smiled and looked at Talo. "We'll take you to the spring, then you can go home. Okay?" Talo nodded as we walked back with him. "(Y/n), what do you remember?" Talo asked looking at me curiously. "I remember my best friend, he loved me a lot."

"Like kissing love?" Talo asked giggling. "No, not at all. I don't think he really loved me like that, it's a platonic love. Like how you feel about your mom, you love them so much you have to do everything you can to protect and keep them safe. Even if they do wrong, or you do, they'll still love you." I said smiling at Talo. "It's nothing romantic at all," I promised. "And I'm sure we can find my best friend, right Link?" I looked at the blonde with a smile. He nodded quickly. "Yeah, of course. When we find (Y/n)'s best friend I'm sure he'll have a lot to tell us about her and where she came from." I nodded and looked at Link. "You just want dirt on me, don't you?" I teased, Link snickered.

"Well, I guess." He said as we walked across the spring Epona in tow. Talo smiled at the two of us. "Thank you again!" He said and rushed home.

Link turned to me and smiled softly as I watched Talo run home, wondering if soon I would be able to do such a thing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

620 69 13
*NONE OF THESE CHARACTERS ARE OWNED BY ME, THEY ARE OWNED BY NINTENDO ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED FOR THEM.* *****The cover for my story was drawn by @Ze...
24.9K 517 25
(I am fixing spelling errors) (y/n) was just in her room thinking deeply about life when she is suddenly taken to another realm just as a war was goi...
9.7K 294 26
"Princess!" he yelled after her. "Where are you going?" "Back to the castle," she replied without stopping. "Not by yourself you're not!" "I'm sorry...
458K 15K 43
"You will aid the hero during his journey in defeating Calamity Ganon." That was the order that was given to you by goddess Hylia. Although the godde...