The God of Death

By Lorena_Slowaki

"Do you know who is the worst in the story? It's us. Doctors who killed and destroyed a lot of life without... More

Copyright
Artwork
About me and Explanation
Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1

Chapter 2: Please, we are not in some medical movies (unedited)

40 6 22
By Lorena_Slowaki

"Can't you do something?! Aren't you a doctor?!" The man shouted at the young girl.

He and his pregnant wife were walking when his wife suddenly starting coughing until she fainted. He called the ambulance number right away. Then he shouted to see if there was a doctor.

"I may be a surgeon but I am not a God. I am a cardiothoracic surgeon. This is not about the heart but the brain. This is not my speciality. I am not a God at all." Even though he was throwing a tantrum she didn't even flinch or lost her calmness.

What was that girl talking? She should have the same age as his eldest daughter and yet she was talking about being a surgeon?! But he didn't have the patience to deal with her stupidity. "Then call someone or do-"

"Can you please shut up and let me do my work? Or do you want to do it instead?" She smiled as she stopped caring about the body in her arms. 

"No...please look after my wife." He said as he saw his wife frowned in pain when the girl stopped touching her head.

"Then, first at all call the number 119."

[119 is the urgency number in Japan]

"I already did."

"That good." She said as she put her hand behind the woman's head.

So that woman had a tumour in her brain. She may lose her kids if this continues, but for another reason. She thought as she felt the heart, that woman had some heart problem too, she wasn't the best for nothing. That woman needed to be operated in urgency. If not, she was going to start losing blood soon and then she will lose her baby or babies -that wasn't her speciality so how could she knows- for real since it would be too late. Unless she got a fast surgeon. 

"What do we do now ?"

"We wait. We are waiting for the urgency, she needs to have on operation on the brain."

And she wasn't exaggerating, that woman really needed to undergo an operation for the heart and the brain.

"What the fuck?!" He was fed up with this girl coolness! His wife was in danger! And all she did was smiling!

As she opened her mouth to answer him, someone cut her off. "Let me see it! I am a doctor!" He was a middle-aged man who emanated from nowhere and emitted an aura full of respect and admiration.

The husband felt relieved, this man seemed more reliable than that young girl, she didn't even look in her twenties!

"Young girl, what do you know so far?" The man took the woman in his arms and opened her mouth. Thus the wife coughed some white substance.

"Dear!"

"Well, I think she may have a tumour."

"That correct, she has a problem in her brain."

"Oh thanks, I thought I was wrong since I am only an intern."

At least, he seemed to have some experience.

"Don't doubt yourself." He said as he took his phone.

"Thanks." She smiled on the outside but the inside was different. Of course, she wouldn't doubt herself since she was the best of the best. If she doubted herself who will trust her? What would become of the patients who trusted her?

As a surgeon, doubting yourself wasn't needed since as a surgeon you needed to be perfect. People trusted them and if they started to doubt themselves then they could have a moment of hesitation and a moment of hesitation could lead to a table death.

[Table death means a death during the surgery]

"This is Miwako. I need an operating room in urgency. I will do an incubation on the patient when the ambulance arrives. Yes." Since there was a girl that had some knowledge, he didn't doubt that they already called the ambulance. He hung up and looked at the husband. "Please calm down, everything will be alright."

"But-"

"Your wife needs you now the most." He frowned as he said that. "She is half awake so she needs you by her side, not you yelling at an intern."

Didn't that woman faint?

The young girl didn't dare to say her thought. That man seemed to be a neurologist so she shouldn't doubt his abilities but still. Didn't he know the difference between half-awake and fainting?

"Yes doctor." He was so thankful to the doctor, he would remember that debt forever. But what he didn't know was that his wife was going to lose his unborn kids. The only person that knew that was the young girl who was smiling as she played with her phone.

Actually, she knew from the beginning that truth. That woman could still be saved when the ambulance will arrive however the time she'll arrive at the hospital it will be too late.

One, a pregnant woman was more sensible so she couldn't bear two operations at the same time.
Two, the man may be a doctor but that didn't mean he was a good doctor: a good surgeon wasn't reflected on his age but on his skills.
Three, since the doctor only knew that the woman had a tumour he will operate her as soon as they will put a foot in the hospital. And he will only do x-ray on her head and not her heart. And that will lead to a death table, the woman will most likely have a heart attack during the operation. And they could neither save the woman nor the kid. Since she would have her head open, if they also open her heart or her belly to do a cesarean section, that would be a direct death.

But there was a solution, if they had a fast and good cardiothoracic surgeon then that one could operate her as fast as possible then the pregnant woman wouldn't be affected by anything. Therefore, since it would be a quick surgery, the surgeon could instantly make a cesarean section. Since she wouldn't be pregnant anymore, in a few days, she would be able to support another operation from the head. That is if she had a fast surgeon.

The purple short-haired woman smiled and waited with the doctor, the man and the patient. A tens minutes later, an ambulance arrived.

The doctor shouted, "Quick! I need to do an intubation!"

[Definition from Cambridge dictionary: Intubation= the act of putting a tube into any hollow organ or tube-shaped in the body in order to keep it open, remove liquid for testing, or give a drug]

"Yes sir!"

The girl also went to the ambulance, "I wish to learn more."

The doctor and patient's husband didn't care about her, there was a life to save so one more person in the car wasn't what they should be focused on.

"Where are we going?" The driver couldn't help but ask.

"At the 'Goddess Lively Maho's Hospital' please"

The doctor signed, he didn't want to have attention on him and here he did. He was a newly recruited surgeon of that hospital. He should normally start tomorrow but it seemed that fate wanted them to meet sooner. In this world, who didn't know about the 'Goddess Lively Maho's Hospital' led by the Fujimiya Family. Most of their chiefs sections were from the Fujimiya Clan. Only a few distinguished and good surgeons were able to become a chief and compete with the Fujimiya Clan.

It was unbelievable to think that Clan and Family still existed at this time but it was the truth, a clan full of brilliant doctors*. Unfortunately, these doctors only work for money, which was a shame.

Miwako signed as he held the woman wife, she moved around due to the fact that she had something in the throat (or trench maybe?). He called again to tell them to free the x-ray room. "Could you tell a doctor from there that we need the x-ray room?"

As they arrived at the hospital, the girl jumped off from the car and let them do whatever they want to do. Now that they were at the Fujimiya's hospital, operating will be a bit difficult.

"What do you think?" A middle-aged man, around thirty asked the purple haired girl. On his white coat, there was written: Fujimiya Azuma, head of acupuncture.

"Who is he?"

"A new surgeon. But he was supposed to start tomorrow."

"...Is he stupid? Why would he go to the x-ray room without making the patient sign?"

"Because he is new? Seems like we need to teach him the rules, that why I am not open to outsiders."

"Let him be. Let him do whatever he wants since that is going to be a death table let him."

"You do know that if it's a death table we would have to refund the double?" The man frowned at the loss of profit.

"That is if he is a surgeon from our hospital. Since he isn't right now, all of the responsibility will fall on him. I would like to see how he will refund us instead."

"You are as crafty as you used to be." The man sighed. He should have known instead of jumping to such conclusion.

"Why? Did you expect me to change?"

The man smiled at her before going to do his chores. She smiled slyly as she took the lift to go to the surgeon's floor. She went inside the special team chiefs locker as she touched her hair and took off the wig. She put it in the bin and a smooth and silky long fair-brown hair fell down.

The girl went inside to take a shower, she didn't need to care about her bag or clothes as she threw them on the floor. She knew they would take care of it.

As she closed the water she extended her hand like to say give me a towel and indeed, someone extended a towel to her. She smiled and wrapped the towel around her chest.

"You are beautiful as ever." A young blond-haired and blues eyed boy said to her as he gave her some underwear. He was wearing a dark blue uniform and a white coat. On the white coat was written Fujimiya Haru.

She took the underwear. As she put them, she smiled and said, "Did you just finish a surgery?"

He smiled helplessly as he signed, he took a small towel to dry her hair, "What do you mean by surgery? I can't even touch anything. I am just an observer who took notes, just like some journalist."

She chuckled, "Alright. But it's you who wanted to be an anaesthetist."

He bent down as he gave her the slippers, he delicately took her feet and put them inside the slipper. "I know but I didn't know that my superior would be this strict."

She just smiled at his comment. They went near the dry hair place. Haru put a big towel on the sofa before asking the girl to sit. He switched on the dryer and started to dry her hair. Since she had long hair, it took a while.

"Alright. Like this should be enough."

"Shouldn't you be at home sleeping instead of coming working?"

"I slept in the aeroplane for several hours and yet you want me to sleep again."

He smiled and took the brush and scrunchies that he had prepared in advance, "Alright. But you shouldn't overwork."

"Don't worry, I only came here to watch something fun."

He raised an eyebrow curiously but didn't say anything. She was going to tell him sooner or later so why should he pressure her into telling him? Instead, he changed the topic,
"When is your dad coming?"

"Tomorrow night."

Haru shivered at the thought of her dad, "So soon?!"

She chuckled again, "Alright, let's hurry up." She put on her slippers and went in front of her locker. Haru opened the door and took the clothes that he had prepared from the plastic bag.

He helped her put on a vest top, then a pale purple shirt with white strips. After that, he helped her put on her black pencil skirt. Then, he helped her put her white coat. Finally, he bent down again to took her slipper and helped her put on her black high heel court shoes.

"Let's go, there will be a show soon."

"As you wish my lady."

She felt the room as she walked toward the lift, she wanted to see how these people were doing. Even if that man begged her and told her, he had money she wouldn't give a damn. He disgraced her so why would she help him? She also had other patients to cure.

On the white coat, there was a written: Saori Fujimiya, Cardiothoracic head.

It was the same Saori Fujimoya as the current head of the Fujimiya Family and Clan.

😘😘😘😄😄😄

[Hello everyone (bow), my name is Saori Fujimiya and I am the main character of this story. I would like to clarify something so that wouldn't trouble you in the future. As you know, the *Be Selfish* group has a unique vocabulary so let me explain it to you. A doctor is someone who is a good person that will save people and has a vocation for this profession. As for us, surgeon (from the Fujimiya Clan) only work for money. Even if there is a someone dying in front of us, unless that person has money and had signed a contract with us, no matter how critical and urgent the situation is, we will not move a finger. If you are looking for a Mary-Sue doctor then I would suggest you to pass your way, no matter what you say I am proud of myself and as long as my patients are alive, I am happy. I wish you a good health so that you wouldn't need my skills.]

Lorena: Well, I hope you liked this explanation made by Saori (mi-extract XD) and if you liked it, I can do the same with the others characters. But don't expect anything from Tekkai and Merlin.

Anyway, I am neither a doctor nor a medical student, so don't hesitate to correct me if you are one and see incoherence.

This is a fiction so I hope you won't go around trying whatever Saori suggest but if you did and that work...then...I don't know what to say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442K 16K 192
Won Yoo-ha, a trainee unfairly deprived of the opportunity to appear on a survival program scheduled to hit the jackpot, became a failure of an idol...
59.2K 3.5K 49
M/n, a victim of bullying who took his own life, got a chance to be reborn as Vasilyev Konstantin, a Russian political figure in the world of lookism...
335K 39K 73
✦ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴀs ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ.ғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ✦ - 𝖒𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖐 𝖝 𝖆𝖓𝖆𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖆 𝖝 𝖓𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖎 - --- ♡ --- "𝘔𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧...
1.5M 128K 62
RATHOD In a broken family, every person suffers from his insecurities and guilt. Successful in every field but a big failure when it comes to emotio...