Lost & Found // Z.M.

By Nargles

As Zayn and the rest of the guys from One Direction arrive at their concert in NY, Zayn spots a crying girl... More

Lost & Found
Ellie Summers
3 Months Later
The Concert
Gummy Bears
A Day With One Direction (Part I)
A Day With One Direction (Part II)
The Next Big Step
May Castiel Be With You
Welcome To London
A Small Donation
Revealed Feelings
Things
Nandos With Niall
First Kiss
Wake Me Up
Welcome to Ireland
Not A Goodbye

Epilogue

3.8K 122 27
By Nargles

It’s really weird to know that small moments in life can change your journey in life. It makes you wonder how differently things would have been if they wouldn‘t have turned out the way they did. Without those moments, we wouldn’t be where we are now and sometimes, things need to happen so other wonderful things can happen as well.

            As I think back at that day, that special day in New York, I realize how glad I am things turned out to be the way they are. I recall waking up that morning feeling happy for no reason. I remember seeing a pile of clothes lying around and wondering if I should just stay home and clean them instead of taking Lucy for a walk. Instead I felt like I needed to go outside for fresh air so I took Lucy’s collar and placed it on her neck for the week’s walking. Feeling a sense of easiness I walked the streets of New York, my feet dragging me to nowhere in particular. Then, something inside me told me to unhook Lucy since she was doing alright and she looked calm. We walked side by side, nothing in particular being out of the ordinary. But then, just as we took a corner, a stray cat jumped into a trash bin and upon seeing Lucy, it sprinted off, Lucy following behind. I ran, my feet dragging me, but I was no match. Soon I lost sight of her, tears started to fall and because I didn’t want anyone to look at me, I ran to the middle of a wide alley where I broke down, thinking I would never see her again.

            Then, history happened.

*

            It’s been a year and two weeks since I started dating Zayn Malik. A year and two weeks of wonderful memories and adventures.  Every day is a new beginning, and it all gets better when I hear his voice in person, or on Skype, even a text of his. That was the best part, not a day went by when I didn’t get a text, a call, sometimes even surprise visits by him, or surprise airplane tickets to the city he was in.

            Those moments were like a lazy river at a water park. As soon as you go in and you start swimming away, you never want to leave. The sweet ride is just so mellow and comforting, something I have definitely been feeling. Of course there’s also those moments that are not so relaxing. There are always rumors, chaos and everything in between.

            At first, the media seemed to be more curious about Zayn’s new girlfriend than ‘mean’. The articles and fans would wonder who I was and what I was doing with them. Then one day paparazzi actually caught us in the act of kissing. We were standing in line at a McDonalds, Zayn grabbing my hand with his, Niall looking over the menu, when Zayn reached over and kissed me. The next day, the picture was everywhere. I suddenly went from a couple thousand followers on twitter (Niall made me one a week back) to having hundreds of thousands. Everyone was going crazy asking me so many questions. Of course I tried to answer back to those fans that were very sweet and understanding, ignoring those who were quite rude.  After that incident, the response kept coming. People would suddenly stop me in the street and ask for my picture and autographs. Being self-conscious I refused to sign autographs because I wasn’t famous and I didn’t see why I should sign them. As for pictures, I complied, seeing as it was a picture and nothing else. I also tried to help fans out when they asked me to follow them on twitter or when they asked me to tell the boys to follow them. Seeing it couldn’t hurt, I would take their names, messages, twitter names or whatever and I would keep it in a note to see who to send it to. At the end of the month, I would give the list to the boys and it was up to them to follow their request after that. It honestly felt good to help the fans out. Most of them were so sweet and you could tell they honestly cared about the boys. I even wanted to be friends with most.

            Sam tried to help out most of the time too, except her quirky personality had to be mellowed out sometimes, especially after she started dating Josh. Surprised? I wasn’t. Their relationship expanded at a very rapid pace. At least the way he asked her out was very, very cute.

            Danielle, Eleanor, Sam, Louis’ mum and I were at one of their concerts. Management gave us 15th row tickets so we were able to watch from there. Everything was going smoothly; the boys were phenomenal as they performed their set. It was after the boys did song covers that Sam got the lovely surprise. Josh stood up from the seat he was in and whispered something in Liam’s ear. Liam nodded his head and walked over to the front.

            “Now, we’d like to give Josh the mike to say who this next song is dedicated to.” He stated. I looked at Sam for a brief second, both of us wondering what was going on. Josh grabbed the mike and smiled as the fans screamed. It’s so astounding how fans loved him even when he wasn’t part of the band. The again, One Direction fans are amazing nonetheless.

            “Although I’m not singing with the lads, they are, I’m just the drummer, and I’d like to dedicate this next song to a really special girl. She’s been really great to me and with her permission; I’d like to ask her to be my girlfriend. So, here is ‘Everything About You’ for you, Sam. Sang by One Direction and drums by me I guess.” He chuckled before giving Liam the mike and running to his station. The fans were screaming, we were screaming, Sam was screaming and jumping. It was wonderful.

            Now, they were inseparable. Heck, the whole One Direction family was inseparable. Even the moms would eventually hang out together. At first we met the boy’s moms (I was pretty nervous about meeting Zayn’s) but everything turned out great. She was a very lovely woman and you could tell she was extremely proud of him. His sisters were just as adorable as well. Now even my mom, Sam’s mom and the boy’s moms would call each other once in a while. Of course my mom would especially call Zayn’s mom. Not that I minded, but Zayn got nervous every time. It got me thinking about the time when I came back from London and Zayn was sweating and jittering all the way up to my apartment. He stuttered a couple times when he met my mom but everything turned out okay. She was happy for me and I loved it. Now, she even started to date again. She was currently seeing a man from her work and from the times I met him, he seemed like a very lovely guy so I was happy for her.

            As for myself, I was also very happy. After high school ended (the boys showed up for graduation and can I tell you that every girl screamed, including us), I began to wonder what I wanted to do with my life. I knew college would be hard because we didn’t have much money to pay for it but I ended up finding a great program for an online college so now my classes were portable. It really helped with all the traveling I did. Sam ended up also joining the program because she said she was tired of waking up super early in the morning for thirteen years and she needed a break. I liked having her as a study partner. Besides, the girl was practically my sister; I would do anything for her.

            Like the time I did something totally outrageous to save her ass.

            One day, I was sleeping in until I got a call from her. She sounded very hoarse, her voice was very panicky.

            “I need your help!” She whispered in a desperate tone.

            “Why? What happened?” I asked.

            “You need to come over now!” She urged. I agreed, grabbing a pair of jeans and running out, not even caring that I was wearing my Spongebob Squarepants shirt.

            I grabbed a taxi and made my way to her flat. There, she was cuddled on her sofa, chocolate ice cream settled on her lap. I sat down next to her and took her hand.

            “What is it?” I murmured. She looked up from her seat and whispered something I never in a million years I thought I would hear.

            “I think….I…. I…. I think I’m…. pregnant.” She replied. I sucked in air, my hands squeezing hers in shock.

            “What? How? When? Where? Why? Who?” I commented.

            “God Ellie, do I really need to tell you how? When? Where? And Why?” She remarked.

            “Josh?” I simply asked.

            She only nodded.

            “Does he know?” I said grabbing the ice cream from her and taking a bite myself. This was very weird; I never thought I would have this conversation with my best friend at this age. Heck, we were both barely nineteen, not the age to be having kids.

            “Of course not, I haven’t even taken a test.” She explained.

            “Well, what are you waiting for?”

            “Uhm.” She took that second to look at me with a puppy look in her eyes and I immediately sensed what she was trying to say.

            I slowly inched myself farther away from her, signaling that I understood.

            I cleared my throat before responding.

            “No.”

            “Please. Please. Please!” She pleaded.

            “I would die if people found out, how embarrassing!”

            “Aww come on! All you have to do is go get it, Ellie please! My parents would kill me but your mom would understand if you tell her what happened, please!” She grabbed my hands, tugging on them so I could agree.

            Giving up, I finally nodded once.

            “Oh thank you!” She reached over and hugged me.

            “I can’t believe you didn’t protect the goods, I thought you told me you guys were being safe!”

            “We are, it just happened to be a mishap and I ignored it thinking it was nothing.”

            “Well it was definitely something, look where we are now!” I exclaimed.

            “Oh shut it, it’s not like you’re not sexually active with Zayn either.” She shot back. At her comment, my cheeks suddenly turned scarlet, my hands tensed. Sure, my relationship with Zayn had turned physical in that way but we were careful, always protected so things like this wouldn’t happen. I didn’t regret it either, I loved Zayn in every way and the action was another way to express it. When I had finally tell Sam about it a month ago she also confessed about hers, and now, here we were a month later.

            “Do you see me having this problem, no so shut it or I’m not going.” I replied.

            “Okay, okay I’m sorry!”

            “Fine! I’ll be back!” I exclaimed, standing up and grabbing my phone. She thanked me the whole way out, saying how amazing I was. Without replying, I ran to the drug store a block away. Looking to my sides, I made sure no one was in sight and I ran in. When I spotted the tests, I quickly grabbed two for reassurance and took them to the counter to pay. The girl looked back at me and to the tests, her eyes widening. Shooting her a smile I quickly paid for the tests and ran out.

            “Here!” I yelled once I was inside Sam’s house. The rest was a blur. She took them from me and ran to the bathroom. Once she finally came out she told me we needed to wait ten minutes and let me tell you, they were the longest ten minutes of my life.

            After the ten minutes, Sam walked inside. Just as she did, she ran out, a big smile on her face.

            “Negative?” I asked as she hugged me.

            “Negative!” She screamed. I chuckled with her, shaking my head at the fact that everything was okay. Truthfully, I knew Sam would make a great mom one day, but not soon. She was just too….. Sam.

            Things were far from over though. The next day, I was woken up with many, many texts from practically everyone I knew asking if it was true and if I was okay. Bewildered, I checked my Twitter so see what the chaos was until I saw someone’s tweet. It was a photo of me, a not so great one if I may say, and I was at the drug store, clearly holding two pregnancy tests. My eyes bulged out in shock.

            Finally I looked over to my texts and noticed who they were from.

            Seven missed calls from Zayn

            Six missed calls from Niall

            Two missed calls from both Eleanor and Danielle

            And countless text messages:

            Zayn: Babe, are you okay?

                        Is anything wrong?

                        Ellie, call me! Xx

            As well as other texts from the boys, Zayn’s mum and Sam.

            Sighing, I called the first person I need to speak with.

            “I’m so sorry!” The voice said from the other call.

            “What do I tell everyone?” I sighed.

            “Tell them the truth, I already told Josh so it’s okay. I don’t mind our close friends knowing. As for everyone else, just say they were for a friend.” She explained.

            “I swear the crap you put me through!” I chuckled in disbelief.

            “You love me now call your boyfriend, he even tried to call me.” She explained.

            Agreeing I hanged up the phone and called Zayn.

            “It’s not true!” I answered as the line indicated that he had answered.

            “What do you mean?” His voice answered. I seriously wanted to reach over and grab him but there was only phone plastic instead.

            “Sam needed the test for her, I’m not pregnant nor do I want to be, it was a misunderstanding, I was just doing her a favor.” I replied.

            “Oh, okay.” He replied, his voice sounding a bit disappointed? “No, I’m not disappointed, I mean, a baby with you would be wonderful but not right now, not when we’re so busy and… you know..”

            Wow, I never thought he would be so considerate about it.

            “Yeah, of course.” I replied.

            “I swear, if you would have told me you were pregnant, I would have quit the band that instant and would have flown to you right now.” He chuckled.

            “I love you, but I’m not pregnant.” I chuckled.

            “Can we save that for the future, when we’re married and ready to settle down?” He asked, a little of joy sounding from his voice?

            I felt my cheeks go red. Did he really see a future with me? At that moment I realized that I saw it too.

            “I’d love that.” I whispered. “And can you tell Niall to calm down? He called as many times as you.”

            “I’ll try. He was about to kill me when he saw the picture saying he wasn’t ready to be an uncle!” He laughed. “By the way, nice shirt.” He referred to the picture. I only reddened more.

            Saying goodbye I hanged up and called everyone else telling them the truth. As for the fans, I only left a simple tweet.

            @EllieSummers: No, I am not pregnant. Those tests were for a friend of mine, not for me. Nothing to worry about xx

            I left it at that. Sighing, I walked over to our sofa and turned on the TV. That’s how I spent the rest of the day, sitting with Lucy watching House, just like the old times.

            That was just one of the crazy times I had. There were countless of them, each holding a different part of my heart.

            As for now, Zayn and I were great. Like I mentioned before, our relationship was progressing, each day turning out to be better than the last. There was nothing in my life that needed change, nothing that I wanted different.

            For now, I wanted it to be like this. I wanted it to be like nothing in the world could keep us apart because frankly, no one can. I love that mofo more than anything in the world.

            The only thing left to do was thank someone very dear to me. Someone who brought this all upon me, someone that without her actions I would have never met Zayn.

            I really owed Lucy a big bone for her to chew on. I really did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE END.

No more, zippo, no sequel.

Thank you for everyone that read this, commented, voted and shared. I love you.

BUuuuut.. I am starting a new fan fiction with Niall being the main character this time so please check it out. It's called

'Secret Lovers'

Summary: Claire has been best friends with Niall Horan since they were kids.  One night, after a One Direction concert, unexpected events happen and everything changes, making their relationship drift into a different level. To the world, she’s just a friend who tours with One Direction. To Niall, she’s a stress reliever, someone who makes his worries go away. Claire is in love with him, and she’ll do everything to make him happy.  Even if it means being his secret lover. But will Niall realize the emotions Claire is trying to portray, or will he shut her off and pretend the feelings are not there?

I'm not good with summaries, sorry! But definetely check it out! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 17.6K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
769K 25.9K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
470K 9.9K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
90M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...