By The Full Moon ( A Hunter N...

Da JovinaN

I leaned down to her, our faces a few inches apart. I brushed a stray hair back from her face, tucking it beh... Altro

Note
One: The War
Two: The Twins
Three: Saving the Pack
Four: Their Mate
Five: A Harsh Welcome
Six: Put Some Clothes On
Seven: A Room Won't Be Necessary
Eight: A Light Stroll
Nine: Wrong Choice
Ten: Rogue
Eleven: Smile
Twelve: Breakfast Is Ready
Thirteen: To Town And Back...And Back....And Back
Fourteen: Acceptance
Fifteen: Training Day
Sixteen: Worried Wolves
Seventeen: A Good Morning
Eighteen: Rendezvous
Nineteen: Ceremonies
Twenty: Family Reunion
Note
Twenty-Two: Mark Me
Twenty-Three: Attacked
Twenty-Four: Desires
Twenty-Five: Hunters
Twenty-Six: Please
Twenty-Seven: Rage
Twenty-Eight: Ruthless
Twenty-Nine: News
Epilogue
The Sequel
By The Blood Moon

Twenty-One: Work

5K 276 63
Da JovinaN

Twenty-One: Work

Ava

"So, they haven't marked you yet." Janice stated as we sat on the porch steps. We had all transitioned from the foyer to the front yard. Pack members had come up to me welcoming me, and though leery of my Mates they were still civil after learning of their apologies and regrets. Speaking of said Mates, they were both still with my brother and father, and they were being shown more grilling techniques. They seemed content as the sipped on their beers and laughed at something my brother said.

"No, they haven't." I said.

"When are you going to let them?" My mother asked.

"Uh, I-I don't know. We're still getting to know each other." I said, feeling my face heat up at the thought of letting them Mark me.

"Oh, Honey, your father Marked me the day after we met, a week later your brother was growing in my belly." My mom said fondly. Janice and I looked at each other, gagging at the same time.

"Too much information Momma, ew." I said as I cringed. It'd been almost a week since I had moved to the Ash Pack and I felt like it had been so much longer with everything that had happened in that time.

"In truth, I let Christian Mark me about a week in." Janice said, rubbing the scar on her neck fondly.

"Gross, please no, I can't hear anymore, I'm going to barf." I said as I stood and made my way over to the guys. I crept up behind Emilio while Elijah and Christian seeing me walking like a T-Rex. Elijah put his hand over his mouth to keep from laughing as Christian discreetly scooted to the side, out of hitting range. I stood directly behind Emilio and Dad saw me out of the corner of his eyes.

"Poor kid." He muttered.

"Who?" Emilio asked but I launched myself at him then.

"Ack!" He cried out as my body hit his back. He fell towards the ground then, catching himself before his face hit the ground. I stood and triumphantly braced my hands on my hips, lifted my head and deepened my voice.

"I Ava Blaine, have mastered a twin Alpha, muahaha, shit!" I turned and ran as Emilio shifted into his bright white wolf and started chasing me around the yard. I laughed as I ran around like a maniac, Lupis Pack members watching with delight. Some of the pups shifted and joined in the chase. I felt a little fur ball get under my feet and trip me. I fell and turned laughing as Emilio stood over me, his white wolf smiling in victory. I smiled innocently and waved.

"Hi." I said as he leaned down and licked my face.

"Ew, gross! Wolf breath. Get off me!" I cried out. Emilio yelped and turned suddenly only to find a wolf pup hanging from his tail. The deep baritone of Elijah's laugh sounded beside us and I turned to Elijah who now pointed at Emilio.

"Now you know what it's like!" he laughed, his gruff face red from laughter. Emilio glared at him.

"I got this." I whispered to Emilio and he just looked at me. I looked at the pups and pointed to Elijah.

"Go get him!" I cried out and then ten pups charged the laughing man.

"Dear God, no!" Elijah yelled, turning to try to run but the pups pounced then.

Game over.

"Bye Sweet Pea." Dad said as he hugged me good-bye, kissing the top of my head.

"Bye Dad." I said as the Alphas shook hands with the guys and hugged the women.

"Thank you for having us." Emilio smiled, "And thanks for the sweats and shirt." He added, slightly embarrassed.

"Anytime young man, please visit more often." Mom said as she hugged him and Elijah. We waved our good-byes and loaded up in the truck. It was dark by the time we made our way back home and I was very happy.

"I'm glad we went." I said as I leaned on Elijah's shoulder. Emilio was now driving home, and he held my left hand with his right as he drove. Elijah's hand rested on my thigh leaving a pleasant tingling feeling where he touched me.

"So are we." Elijah said as I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up as they carried me to bed, setting me down gently, then curling into me, each kissing my head. I listened for their breathing to even out, Elijah letting out a soft snort here and there. Looking at the alarm clock I saw it was almost midnight. Time for me to go.

I quietly untangled myself from my Mates loving embrace, feeling a sense of guilt about not telling them what I did for a living. It was dangerous, and things could go wrong in a second. They needed to know in case anything happened, especially since they'd be the only ones that could tell the Council if anything went wrong. I sighed as I dressed in my usual tights and tank top, lacing my combat boots tightly. I tied my hair up tightly. I couldn't afford to let it get in the way.

When I finished dressing I quickly made my way out of the house, silent on my feet.

The crunching of the fall leaves under my feet was a soothing sound as I made my way through the pack boundaries. The flash had told me exactly where I could find the Rogue named Carter and it wasn't too far out. My nose caught the scent of water and I lifted my head to smell the air.

"Rain." I muttered to myself. The job couldn't get easier. The rain would mask my scent from every angle. I chuckled as it began to sprinkle. I took a breath and began the jog through the forest.

When I got to the border I saw one of the guards patrolling the area, so I climbed a nearby tree and quietly crawled through the thick trees until I was a safe distance from the border.

It took me an hour to get to the location he had supposedly been staying at. I broken down cabin in the middle of the forest. It was small, the roof half caved in, but there was the light of a flickering fire coming from inside. I smiled as the rain came down on me, soaking through my clothing. I covered my face with my mask, a protocol initiated when one of our other members had been hunted down by a pack of Rogues when his face was exposed.

I jumped from the tree limb I sat on and landed silently on the ground. I walked to the cabin and looked in. He was sleeping by the fire. I smiled as I walked around the house looking for an entrance and found it with a shattered window. Rain continued to pelt down on me as I made my way into the cabin, my shoes tracking in water.

I came up to the man sleeping by the only to see that it wasn't a man. It was a bunch of logs under a blanket to shape him. I heard a floorboard creak. I twisted just in time as the man slashed a knife through the air where I had stood moments before. He turned to me, a crazed look in his eyes, and growled. He wasn't the typical Rogue that was unkempt, missing teeth, or savage. No, he looked almost normal. Other than the craze in his eyes, he was perfectly fine, unusual for a wolf with no pack.

"Nice try bitch." He said as he charged me again. I dodge his attack and knocked the knife from his hand with a solid kick to his wrist. He cried out in pain, grabbing his hand. Then he shifted. His brown wolf was in decent condition as well, and then he growled at me, stomping his foot in challenge. He was of average size, maybe six feet tall, the menacing look, in his eyes not as effective as he thought it was.

He snarled and then charged. I twirled to the side, away from his paw, though a claw did tear through my shirt. I faced him as he hunched down to pounce once more. I brought forth my wolf's strength focusing it in my right leg.

Carter charged again, and I leapt up, turning in the air and bringing my right foot down hard on the top of his head. He yelped and then hit the ground, unconscious. I walked to him and lifted the wolf, hooking him around my shoulders. I exited the cabin, the rain still pouring as I made my way towards the rendezvous that would wait until daybreak for me. It took me an hour to reach the hidden pond.

"Took you long enough!" The muffled man's voice yelled from beside the pond. The man stood and turned. I bowed briefly.

"Councilman Brame, a pleasure as always." I said. Councilman Brame was the one in charge of all the Hunters, he helped maintain order in our world. He was nearly fifty, salt and peppered, but still extremely handsome. He kept himself in shape, but he was also modest in his appearance.

"What brought you out here to meet me yourself?" I asked as I dropped the wolf onto the ground. Two other man came from the woods then and dragged the wolf away.

"I can't come see our strongest Hunter?" he asked, and I gave him a dull look, to which he surrendered.

"Okay, you got me. Our coordinator informed me of your particularly...unique situation." He said.

"You mean you're worried about the myths being true and me possibly dying in the near future because I'm Mated to the twin Alphas, which would mean you would lose me as a Hunter. Right?" I asked. He paused for a moment and chuckled.

"Not exactly like that, but I won't pretend that we wouldn't be at a great loss if you were to wither away. So, my reason for coming is to see if you feel any different yet. Weaker?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Great, good job tonight, I will keep in touch with you. Let's pray this is just a myth, and not an unfortunate reality. Your money will be in your bank first thing in the morning as always." He said before resting his hand on my shoulder. I bowed my head once more and he left in the same direction his two guards had gone.

I sighed and turned, the rain falling lightly now as I made my way pack into the pack borders. The sun was starting to rise now as I entered the house silently. I crawled up the stairs and quietly entered the dark bedroom. I closed the door silently and turned to the bathroom only to hit my face against something hard. I lifted my hand and felt it, panicking at what it was.

The light turned on suddenly and I was looking up at a very angry Emilio.

"Where have you been?" He asked, his arms crossed in anger. I wracked my brain for a viable lie.

"Don't try to lie and say you went for a run again." Elijah growled from behind me. Crap, I was screwed. I sighed. I had to tell them the truth.

"I-I didn't tell you because you guys are extremely over-protective and I knew it would be a fight, and I just wanted to put it off as long as possible, but," I paused, "thing is. I'm a Hunter." I said.

"What?!" Elijah and Emilio both yelled at the same time. I looked between them.

"I am a Hunter." I repeated.

"You mean to tell me you work for the Council?" Emilio asked, eyes wide.

"You're the person that hunts down the most violent Rogues and criminals in our world throughout the country?" Elijah asked, baffled. I looked between them, water still dripping off of me, before speaking.

"Yes, I am."

-------------

Okay, so we finally know what her job is! Badass chick is the wolf world's bounty hunter! boo ya! 

What did you guys think?

Annnd GO! 

Much love,

J. Vas

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

125K 1.8K 9
I felt the bed dip as he sat down on the other side but I focused solely on my task until I was done. "This is a pillow barrier. Meaning, you don't b...
886K 11.2K 7
"You thought that you could get away from us." Damien asked while walking towards me. Every time he took a step towards me I took one back. "You bel...
225K 3.3K 14
"Beautiful" He whispered, bringing his face in my neck as he inhaled my scent. "You are only for the two of us" Another pair of arms wrapped around b...
386K 10.2K 23
"Your mine," I tell her, trying to control my breathing. "As your mine." She whispers back, her sweet breath fanning across my face. We smile goofily...