He Came From The Wild

Von ellarose12

It is a common practice that when one Alpha challengers another, the defeated wolf can either be banished int... Mehr

He Came From The Wild
Chapter One | Crash Landing
Chapter Two | A New World
Chapter Three | Canine Companion
Chapter Four | Making Friends
Chapter Five | Among Wolves
Chapter Six | Decisions, Decisions
Chapter Seven | Goodbyes
Chapter Eight | Meeting Monsters
Chapter Nine | Don't Let Go.
Chapter Ten | Game On
Chapter Eleven | Presents
Chapter Twelve | Fun Times
Chapter Thirteen | Her Story
Chapter Fourteen | Back to Work
Chapter Fifteen | Back to School
Chapter Sixteen | Girl Talk.
Chapter Seventeen | Competition
Chapter Eighteen | She's My Home.
Chapter Twenty | Fate. Love. Mate?
Chapter TwentyOne | Perfume.
Chapter TwentyTwo | Suit Up.
Chapter TwentyThree | Nicholas.
Chapter TwentyFour | World Keeps Turning
Chapter TwentyFive | Falling To Pieces
Chapter TwentySix | Set It Free.
Chapter TwentySeven | She Runs With Wolves.
Chapter TwentyEight | Thinking. A Lot.
Chapter TwentyNine | Back Home.
Chapter Thirty | Four out of Five.
Chapter ThirtyOne | Recovery.
Chapter ThirtyTwo | Allies and Enemies
Chapter ThirtyThree | Number Five: Acceptance.
Chapter ThirtyFour | Closure.
He Came From The Wild | Epilogue.
Raised By Wolves

Chapter Nineteen | House Guest.

15.1K 828 161
Von ellarose12

Two weeks went by in a peaceful blur. Mondays and Fridays saw Braydon going to work with Miranda’s father and Braydon loved it. The first day he had been given the basic duties of helping with dog walking and feeding, shadowing Donald until two of the dogs became over excited, turning on each other during training. Thanks to Braydon’s authority coming into his tone when he went help separate them, they were quick to drop their focus from each other to him and his promotion from poop scooper to learner trainer was awarded immediately. Donald saw the natural talent he had in acting as an authority figure with the canines.

Braydon also learnt to catch the train our to Miranda’s parents’ house and back again on his own, a tiny achievement that meant so much more to him as he found some independence from Miranda. Since she was starting her full time hours again and Braydon’s abilities only helped their relationship. Now she wasn’t worrying so much about him adapting to the city life, they managed to focus on other things only for themselves and time spent together became more cherished.

Their routine was easy to establish, with time spent after dinner going over Braydon’s homework together before he would play his video games with Rory or they’d watch a movie or TV curled up in each other’s arms.  Carolina was nowhere to be seen on the days Braydon was at college and while the first couple of times he was thankful, on the third week – he couldn’t help be worried over it.

“Kyle, sir, I was wondering if Miss Corbani was okay? She hasn’t been in lately.” He asked his teacher after class.

“Yes Braydon, she just swapped her teaching days to Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Easier for her. Did you need some tutoring? You seem to be doing really well?” Kyle finished packing away his desk, noticing how worried his student was looking.

“Oh, no, I was just curious.” Braydon smiled, quick to leave.

He barely made it the main entrance when he was able to smell her before actually seeing her. What happened to changing days?

Walking into the foyer, Chad was also with her and turned instantly as he sensed the other shifter. The pair stared at each other for barely a second before Chad dropped his head and moved to the other side of Carolina. She didn’t even acknowledge Braydon, finishing her talk to the receptionist before picking up a folder and heading out the front door.

Ignoring Braydon worked and just as quickly he chased after them. “Carolina!”

“What?” She snapped, spinning around to face him her anger was more obvious that the tired lines that circled her eyes. Her usual radiance wasn’t there and instantly the wolf felt more restless than it had in weeks.

“How are you?” Braydon stuttered, feeling as awkward as Chad did hiding behind his leader.

“Fine!” Carolina growled, crossing her arms impatiently.

Neither adult spoke as they rather just glare and step from foot to foot uncomfortably instead. The icebreaker came in the form of Chad when he noticed the transformer symbol on Braydon’s t-shirt, which was one of his own favorites.

Braydon caught him staring, instantly getting self conscious, even after Miranda had assured him it was kind of hipster to wear things with his cartoon favorites on, what ever that meant. The blockbuster status of the movies only made it more acceptable for adults to have children styled clothing, yet even that made no sense to him other than the fact he could wear all sorts of cool t-shirts and no one was suppose to think he was strange. It reminded him of a pair of Spiderman pajamas his mother had got him when he was ten and yet his father had told him he was too old to wear things like that. Miranda like his mother told him he could wear whatever he wanted.

“I like your shirt.” Chad spoke up rather boldly, yet as both sets of eyes turned to him that confidence vanished. Braydon didn’t like seeing the kid so, weak. No one should be left feeling so insecure so taking a page from Rory’s book, extended his fist.

“Thanks bro!”

Chad looked at him cautiously, being a dopey grin appeared and he bumped his fist against Braydon’s.

“Let’s go.” Carolina interrupted their second of bonding, taking off down the street as she practically dragged Chad along with her. For reasons Braydon didn’t understand, he followed after them, which only made Carolina angrier.

“Why are you following us?”

“I-“He didn’t know.

“You stink like her, you don’t need to keep rubbing it in my face!” She practically screamed at him, causing a few people walking past to stare.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do that.” Braydon stumbled over his words, “I want to help, you with them. The other, ah, the pups.”

Chad stood a little taller, obviously interested in the offer. Carolina hadn’t mentioned Braydon since that night they all met, but her mood had been terrible to the point of being unbearable. For mates, they were acting rather strangely towards each other.

“Well they don’t need you.” She spat, clenching her hands into fists as her wolf was eager for release.

“Please-“

“No! Until you change your mind over that human, I don’t know, want or need you in my life!”

Her words cut Braydon more than he ever expected and the look on Chads face was unreadable, Carolina’s word packing even more punch to the teen. Then he ran.

For a runt, he was quick. He knew how to use what strengths he did possess and managed to duck and weave through the crowd that it was hard for the duo to keep up. The second they realised he was gone, Carolina turned on Braydon.

“This is your fault!”

“My fault, I want to help them, and you made it all about you! Knowing what he is, why would you say that?” Braydon didn’t back down. He did feel responsible and he knew arguing wasn’t going to help. With a growl, he turned – unable to find a strong enough scent to follow. The kid didn’t really carry the usual smell of a shifter, and for now it was working in Chad’s favour.

Carolina called the others, asking them to tell her the second Chad turned up at home and seeing Braydon running off down the street, followed him.

“What are you doing?” She demanded.

“Finding him.” Braydon answered, finally getting something to use.

“I don’t want your help!”

“I don’t care!” His word was final and for a second there, Carolina saw her mates true potential.

Chad had given them no other choice other than to work together and as the afternoon gave way to evening, they had nothing. He hadn’t gone home and by now, could be anywhere. Braydon’s phone ringing had him stopping and cringed as he saw Miranda’s face on the screen.  “Hello?”

“Hey! I’m so sorry, but I’m going to be late home tonight. I was just about to leave when, well I won’t bore you with all the details, but Jason’s just dumped me with a new marketing plan to get ready for a morning presentation. I’m sorry Braydon!” She blurted out quickly over the phone, the slightly hushed tone making Braydon paranoid.

“He’s there now?” He snapped, not bothering to pretend to not care about it.

“Yeah, if you’re bored you can always come in. Rory is here, you can mess around on the photocopier or something?”

Knowing she wasn’t alone with Jason made him feel a little better, until he looked over to see Carolina on the phone to one of the others. “I’m actually with Carolina.”

The silence Miranda served him with had Braydon about to turn around and go straight to her work now. “Miranda?”

“Great, look I need to get back to it. Call me if you need anything.” She hung up before he could respond and instantly his gut twisted nervously.

“You going to help or run off to play human?” Carolina taunted, glaring at him.

“That is what caused this in the first place. I’m sorry you’re hurting, but-“

“Let’s just find him. He likes the park, we can try over there.” She sighed in defeat, knowing he was right. The pain that had gripped her from being so close yet so far from Braydon had her holding her stomach, the creature within not understanding how this was happening either. It didn’t matter, Chad was their priority now.

-x-

The streets were quiet when Miranda got out the taxi. Deciding to be safe, especially in her exhausted state, the quick ride home beat walking. It was nearly eleven o’clock and really, for a woman to walk alone in the city at that hour was always risky.

After paying the driver she had just gone up the stairs when a movement by the bush caught her attention as the taxi lights lit up the space as he turned the car around.

For someone who had skipped the walk home in fear of it not being safe, common sense was now forgotten as she went back to street level. Nothing moved or interrupted the silence of the hour and just as she turned to back inside, she was positive the figure she caught slinking away by some parked cars had been a dog.

“Hello?” Miranda boldly called, getting her phone out of her bag in case this turned into an emergency. Her first instinct would be to call Braydon as he was only upstairs and an elevator ride down was quicker than anyone else she knew that could come out to help.

Moving to the street, she quickly moved out onto the road and seeing the hiding dog, she gasped before covering her mouth to stifle her scream. It wasn’t a dog, it was a wolf and none of the ones she knew.

The animal seemed just as surprised to see her, instantly crouching low, its head dropped down like its ears while its tail curled down between his legs. Clearly the creature felt threatened and Miranda froze, clueless as to why or how there was a wolf in the city – at her apartment.

Had it been after Braydon or worse was it Carolina?

It was small, much smaller than Braydon and typically females were smaller than males. This seemed a little drastic though. The reminder of not letting shifters know she knew about them kicked in and so she focused more on trying not to freak out completely than whom the animal could be.

“Nice doggy,” she cooed, more interested in getting inside than being a good samiritan and helping a stray dog. “Stay there doggy.”

Getting her phone open, she quickly hit Braydon’s name from her favorites list and slowly lifted her hand up to her ear.

“Good doggy, aren’t you a pretty boy. Or girl?” Miranda mumbled, taking a slow step back to keep some distance between them. The animal didn’t move, the thunder like rumbles vibrating in the air towards her. “Braydon it’s me.”

Braydon could barely hear Miranda as she whispered down the phone and he stopped walking home to try and hear her better. “What’s wrong?”

“Come downstairs, there is a wol- a dog, there is a dog outside!”

Braydon hung up and started to sprint towards home. Luckily he was barely two blocks away and getting out onto the road vacant of traffic, he could run even faster. Not thinking or caring of any consequences the second he caught Miranda’s scent on the breeze, he took of his school bag from where it was over his shoulder and the second he saw them he was about to shift and attack; until he realized who it was with her.

“Miranda!” He called, the thudding of his steps had already told them of his arrival and even if Chad had wanted to run, he couldn’t. His wolf dropped to the road, rolling onto his back, it submitted completely. “Are you okay?”

“Oh thank god!” Miranda attached herself to Braydon the second he stopped beside her, “Working with dogs has really helped you control them!”

Confused Braydon leaned back to look at her face as she shrugged, leaning up to his ear. “It’s a shifter isn’t it?”

Braydon nodded; impressed she could pick it until he decided seeing a whole in this neighbor would be beyond strange.

“Is it dangerous?” She asked. This time Braydon shook his head before letting her go and placed a quick kiss on her forehead in the process.

“Why don’t you go inside, slowly, so you don’t startle him? I’ll give, the, ah, pound a call and see if we can get someone out to collect him before he gets hurt running around on the road or hurts someone?” Braydon caught her hint from earlier and Miranda nodded.

“He almost looks like a wolf, he’s quite beautiful.” Miranda could see the grey and white fur under the streetlight, and her kind words had Chad’s ear twitching slightly.

“A wolf? Don’t be silly, quick go inside before he decides to bolt.” Having Miranda close to another shifter had his wolf threatening to break free. For Chad’s sake he was barely holding on, not trusting the wolf to come out right now.

Braydon waited for Miranda to disappear inside and took a few deep breaths before turning to Chad who hadn’t moved. “Shift.”

Whining, the wolf slowly got up, his tongue flicking out as he neared Braydon’s legs. Cautiously Chad pressed himself against him, his tail barely wagging as he tried to convey he was sorry to the more dominant creature. His head was kept slightly tilted to the side, briefly glancing up to check Braydon’s reaction until the order was given again. “Shift.”

Chad did it this time, the moan of agony escaping him as his trembling human form now groveled at Braydons feet.

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t going to hurt her. I’m sorry!” He rambled, nearly to the point of hysteria.

An Alpha wolf, like Braydon was a lot of things, but cruel was never one of them. Seeing the pathetic display pleased his wolf, yet Chad was no threat in either form.

Taking off his jacket, Braydon draped it over the boys shoulders and helped him stand. The size difference was quite significant as the clothing covered all it needed to. They had to talk, too much had happened involving Miranda and with a sigh, Braydon guided Chad inside until he stopped.

“Can I, please can I get my clothes?” Chad mumbled and with Braydons approval he ran back down behind the bushes he had been hiding in. His clothes were ruined, except for his sneakers. “I panicked. The wolf shifted. He knows we’re safer when he is in charge.”

“It’s okay. Calm down.” Braydon directed, feeling oddly like an adult as he took Chad into his care. The teens words stuck with Braydon, more than Chad would know.

Getting to the apartment, Braydon opened the door and left Chad waiting in the hall while he went in and found Miranda in the kitchen. “Why don’t you go take a shower?”

Yet he pointed at the door and mouthed ‘go’ at her.

“Good idea, I hope that dog is okay?” She asked, a little too loud for the sake of anyone listened.

“Yeah, he’s all picked up.”

Miranda kissed Braydon’s cheek as she passed and was actually hanging out to get under the water. Trusting him, she did as he said and the second Braydon heard the water turn on, he got Chad inside.

First things first, he found his guest some clothes before taking a seat at the dining table.

“Why did you come here?” Braydon questioned.

“I-I dunno.” Chad muttered under his breath. One look from Braydon kept him talking. “I hate how they talk about people, well humans. Mum is, was, so much better than them! You’re living with a human, I was curious and I ended up following your scent to your apartment when I was walking around. I’m sorry, I am. It wasn’t intentional!” Again he was nearly hysterical with his apology and Braydon quickly dismissed it.

Yet Chad wasn’t done, suddenly using this as a chance to vent. “What’s so great about turning into a dog? It hurts and the voice in my head wont shut up and I’m not an animal. I’m not a fucking animal. I’m a person. I’m human too. The things they say and call me and…” It all came off his chest then, and Chad angrily wiped his eyes as tears began to fall. “Fucking assholes.”

Braydon didn’t know what to say. He had been teased and bullied for shifting early so he knew Chad’s frustrations at being different well enough. Thinking back to that time, Braydon hated the fact he would have just been like the others if a runt had been around. He would have had someone beneath him and maybe been more accepted by his peers because he was full wolf.

“I heard you telling her the other night what happened to you. You’re like us, well them, only instead of being picked up like a stray mutt, a human took you home.”

That analogy didn’t sit well with Braydon, but ignored it. “Why aren’t I like you?”

“You were wanted once. You’re full wolf and not an abomination that should be dead. You would have had that pack life, bet you got it all being an Alphas son.” The bitterness wasn’t missed and it was obvious Chad’s feelings towards shifters rivaled Braydons own mistrust and dislike.

When Braydon spoke, he didn’t even know what he was saying until it had been said. He hadn’t even told Carolina this part of his past. “I shifted when I was thirteen. I was a freak, not the alpha’s son. The pack didn’t keep me around after my Dad died because they were scared of me. I was different too. The pain of shifting will get easier with time, it took me about six months to do it at a bearable level and well, get used to the voice. You will learn to ignore it, it’s when it tries to take over that it gets really annoying!”

“Like tonight. I hate it!” Chad groaned, closing his eyes clearly he was having a moment then and there.

“It’s only been what, a week or two? It’ll take months for you to get a balance, you’re strong enough to connect to your wolf so you’re strong enough to deal with being one of us.” Braydon stopped, remembering his own father telling him that after he had shifted so young. The thought made him shudder and with them both distracted, Miranda’s arrival went unnoticed.

“Um, Braydon?” She interrupted, freezing in the doorway of the dining room.

Chad instantly stood and spun around to face her, looking more startled than aggressive.

“This is Chad, we go to school together.” Braydon quickly lied, “He was, ah, having trouble at home so I told him to call me if he ever needs anything. I was out getting him when you got home.”

It was enough for Miranda, at least for now and looking at Braydon, he wasn’t tense or anxious of the teen.  “I hope it’s nothing serious? Hi Chad, I’m Miranda.”

Her smile was warm and genuine; extending her hand for him to shake. Chad was scared to touch it, yet did so anyway. Her skin was soft and warm in his cold hand, and for a second Miranda didn’t think he was going to let go. The light floral hint of her perfume was sweet and delicate, like her hand and from within he felt his own wolf inhaling her more natural scent for the future; friend.

The cough from Braydon behind him had him dropping it like it was poison and Miranda couldn’t help notice the feral look in eyes that were purely wolf. Pretending not to notice, she only made him feel welcome and made them all a hot chocolate with some biscuits being produced too.

It wasn’t just Braydon, Miranda’s calming presence had an affect on as Chad felt himself truly relax for the first time in a long time. When Braydon showed him to the spare room that was supposed to be his, Chad fell asleep instantly and now Braydon had to face reality.

“Is he alright?” Miranda hovered outside the door, her worry genuine for the boy.

Braydon scooped her up against him, needing a moment to gather his thoughts and work out what to do. He had to keep her safe, and by letting Chad stay, he had already put her in so much risk. The gentle caress of her hand through his hair and against the back of his neck had him leaning into her shoulder before he ended up picking her up completely and going into her room.

“Are you okay?” Forgetting Chad, Miranda left Braydon keep hold of her as he put her on the bed. His head pressed into her stomach as he laid beside her and the soft touch of her stroking the side of his face was sending him to sleep until she gently tapped his cheek in a weak slap. “There is another wolf down the hall, no sleeping until you tell me what’s going on!”

“Carolina.” Braydon mumbled, thinking that was enough of an explanation.

“What about her?”

“She collects strays. Pups like me who were cast out and have no where to go.”

Instantly Miranda’s opinion changed of the woman shifter.  Apart from having a thing for Braydon, she was doing something good for their kind. Miranda could only imagine what went on in packs, as clearly what happened to Braydon wasn’t a once off occurrence. So for Carolina to be helping them, she deserved a medal.

“Oh those poor, ah, pups?” Miranda tried using the lingo and Braydon nodded.

He told Miranda about the others she had, like the twins, the two girls and Oliver. Then he told her what happened that day and how Chad ended up outside their apartment as well as his own story. None of that mattered to Miranda though, not as much as it might any other time.

“When were you are Carolina’s?” Encouraging Braydon to be around his own kind, especially that she-wolf didn’t seem like a great idea anymore.

“It was the other night, after you went to sleep.” He admitted, his throat constricting as her hand moved away and she pushed his shoulder to get him off her. “I should have told you!”

“You think?” She snapped, tempted to start punching him.

Sensing her sudden hostility, memories of Miranda’s rage exploding his way by the river had Braydon getting up to put some distance between them. Her blue eyes seemed to burn as they met his. Now probably wasn’t the best time to mention the rest of what was going on so Braydon kept quiet.

“Look, I think it’s great you can help her, help those kids. What you just did, talking to me and actually letting me into that head of yours was great. Incase you haven’t noticed, I’m kind of. Well, I like you okay. I like you a lot. How would you feel if I was sneaking around with Jason like you were with her! I know nothing will happen between us, but you don’t. I trust you, please don’t ruin that.”

“You think, I’m with her like Jason wants you?” Braydon repeated, wondering what would have happened between them for Miranda to think that of Carolina.

“Well she’s beautiful for one, and a shifter like you. I try, but I wont ever understand that part of you,” Miranda sighed, “Plus, at the park that time – she made her intentions pretty clear.”

Braydon tensed, trying to think over everything that had happened between the two women. Carolina had left pretty quickly when he went over to her, what had Miranda said to get her to do that? But what had Carolina said to Miranda?

Instantly Braydon was back in front of her. “She isn’t you. You are beautiful and I love you even if you’re not a shifter. I followed you home because I couldn’t lose you, not because you're so good at retelling Batman movies. I thought you would have known that by now?” He smiled, and Miranda threw herself at him, forgetting her insecurities. “Just, please don’t be mad when I call Carolina now to tell her Chad is safe.”

Miranda let him go and nodded, not quite believing he told her that he loved her. “I wont be mad.”

Braydon kept the call short and sweet, and in the morning Carolina would be around to pick him up.  Settling in beside Miranda, Braydon waited for her to fall asleep being he finally let his wolf out.  Going to the bedroom door, he made sure to block with his body just in case. The wolf wouldn’t let him settle if he didn’t think Braydon was doing enough to protect Miranda, especially with another shifter in the apartment. Her safety was everything to him and it was something that the human and animal agreed on.

---

You know who has been missing lately? Jason. . . . 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

802K 26.6K 48
A werewolf. A mate. The cliche alpha rejects his mate story. But it's all too real for Charlie. Where can she even go? Her pack pretty much ignores h...
1.2M 30.2K 32
(Unedited) Rejection hurts. It can break many people apart. Slowly crushing their souls and silencing their wolfs forever. Unfortunately, that happe...
5.2M 180K 39
Jade Emmerson was born to two wolf parents but has a dormant gene that practically makes her human. When she found out Cameron was her mate she insta...
1.3M 14.9K 12
There was never a story of an alpha being rejected, it was unheard but he was the exception. Alpha Sean Dawson had everything in his life, a strong p...