come closer || nh au

By nothisiseileen

Violet is a usually quiet, book loving girl with a fable for online book blogs, tattoos and obsessing over Co... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty

forty-five

2.4K 65 9
By nothisiseileen

Niall has his hand on my lower back, as we step onto the fake beach they made at the lake. This is so tacky. Riley and Jake are the first of our friend group that I see. Niall's hand leaves my lower back, taking my hand instead. He leads the way to Riley and Jake, who are sitting on a blanket a little further away from the place the bonfire will be burning at. Niall brought us a blanket to sit on in the sand at the bonfire. I heard this is not only a bonfire but a party is supposed to erupt later on this night. Niall brought some weed but I won't be smoking any tonight.

"Hey guys", Riley speaks up, as we arrive at their spot.

"Hi", Niall and I speak at the same time.

"That was creepy", Jake laughs a bit.

He's probably high already. This guy has me wanting to smack him.

"Did you hear? They're bringing karaoke stuff later, so we can maybe sing a little later", Riley smiles at me.

"Yeah, sure", I chuckle.

Niall puts the blanket down, so we can sit down. The others should come around soon, too. Niall and I sit down together, him laying an arm around my back, pulling me closer to him. His hand locks around my waist. I feel Niall give me a kiss right on my hair, above my ear.

"So, you're official now", Jake states with a smirk on his lips.

I look over at Niall, seeing him nod at Jake. Riley throws a small rock at my back.

"What the fuck?!", I exclaim, chuckling a bit.

"Why did Wes have to tell Mere to tell us that you guys are together?", she groans in annoyance.

"Well, I fell asleep right after I got inside the house", I lie.

Truth be told, I went to bed at 3:00am, so I could've told them. But, I like to do this kind of stuff in person. Riley just nods, accepting my lie. Riley and Jake get occupied with each other again. Niall's eyes find mine again. He smiles at me. I give him a quick peck on the lips. The small smile on his lips gives me a small tingle in my stomach.

"You look beautiful tonight", he says, rubbing his thumb on my ribs over the lace material covering my upper body to my bellybutton.

"Thank you. You look very good, too", I smile back.

"You mean hot, babe", he smirks.

I slap him in the chest lightly.

"Since we're alone tonight when we get home and we are official now, I thought we could, you know, have some fun together", Niall mumbles in my ear.

I look at him, shaking my head.

"I have my period... So we can't... I'm sorry", I tell him with a slight sad look on my face.

"No, don't be sorry. It's okay. We can have fun some other time. In the mean time, I can still help myself or you could help me", he murmurs in my ear.

"Yeah, no. I don't feel like it, Niall", I mumble.

"Okay, I respect that. But, do you need anything special tonight? I mean, do you need cuddles or kisses or hugs or food? Because I can help you out with that", he smiles, nuzzling his head into my hair.

"Thanks, some cuddles would really help tonight."

"Then you'll get those."

I pull my knees up to my chest and lay my arms around my legs. Niall takes his arm off of me, also sitting a little further away from me. My eyes wander across the people coming here. It's mostly people from our school that are here and coming here.

"Can y'all just stop being so fucking cute together?", someone suddenly says, as Niall reaches for my hand.

I look behind me, seeing Mere and Ryan come towards us with Wesley and Lilian behind them. Niall lets go of my hand again, looking quite embarrassed. I get a little sad, as he leaves me hanging like that.

"No, y'all can still be cute, I'm joking", Mere laughs, as she comes up to us.

Niall still has his hand retreated at his side. My eyes wander to Wesley, seeing him look down at us in a disgusted manner. Even though he says he's okay with it, I know he's not. I turn a little sadder. This night won't be good, I can feel it already.

"So, does anyone want something to eat or drink?", Wesley asks.

I shake my head and look at Mere. She is also looking down at me, looking a little worried.

"How about you guys get some stuff and we girls have a little talk?", Mere suggests.

"Wh-", Jake starts but Riley shoves her elbow in his side.

"Yeah, sure", the boys agree.

They leave us four girls to ourselves. Mere and Lilian sit down with us on our blankets.

"So, Niall, huh?", Lilian smirks.

"Yeah", I just mumble.

"Why do you look so sad? Was it because Niall let go of your hand when he saw your brother?", Riley asks.

I nod and feel quite caught by them. I hope the guys didn't see that I got sad, especially not Niall.

"Lighten up. Your brother can't come between your relationship", Mere says, taking my hand in her hand and stroking her thumb over it.

"Just have fun tonight. Don't be that one party pooper", Lilian smiles.

I nod and put a fake smile on my lips. The boys come back soon enough, finding us girls laughing a little about some stupid story Mere told seconds ago. Niall sits down next to me, kissing my cheek and handing me a cup of something. I thank him quietly, feeling Mere slide closer to me to let Ryan sit next to her but I know exactly what she wants to imply, being all sly and shit. I move to Niall a bit, making the space between him and I smaller and the space between Mere and I larger. Niall leans on one hand behind him while the other holds his cup. I have my legs crossed under my body with both of my hands on my cup.

"How long are you all staying?", Ryan now asks.

"Until I'm wasted and done", Lilian jokes.

"No, seriously."

"Until like 10:00pm maybe", Jake now answers for Riley and him.

Everyone else just tells their time but neither Niall nor do I answer. We just sit there, not even interacting like the others.

"What is up with you two?", Jake asks, earning an elbow in the ribs from Riley.

"We're not all couple-like. Okay, Jake?", Niall asks, a little annoyed.

"Shit, okay. Chill", Jake says, rolling his eyes.

Niall gets up, leaving our group. Mere gives me a light poke in the ribs before nodding in the direction Niall left. I'm not a person to deal with other people that are annoyed. I stand up and take my cup with me. If you only knew how annoyed of everyone I am right now. First there's Mere pressuring me to actually show me being with Niall, then there's Wesley, who doesn't want Niall and I to be together, then there's Niall, who is setting himself under pressure because of this relationship and then there is myself being a little bitch. My feet carry me after Niall. I find him standing at his motorcycle with a cigarette in his hand and the cup laying tipped over on the ground next to him.

"Go back, Violet", he tells me, seeing me come up to him.

I ignore him and stand opposite to him. He glares at me, so I get out a cigarette for myself and start smoking with him. I'm actually quite stressed.

"I can't do this", he says, shaking his head.

"What can't you do?", I ask, looking at him with a light smile on my face, so he gets a little cheered up.

"This", he says and points between him and I.

My mood immediately changes. Even more sadness fills my veins. What does he mean?

"Not us as a couple, don't worry, just us being together in public. I mean, I'm not good with relationships and I don't think bringing it outside the box will help that in any way. I'm just unable to cope with being committed with someone in public", he explains, making me breathe out the smoke in a relieving way.

"I understand that and I respect that. But, if you feel intimidated by my brother you can tell me. I can make sure to tell him to leave us alone. I'll explain everyt-"

"It's not him. I don't give a shit what he thinks because I like you, Violet. He can hate me for liking you but in the end, I know he still is my best friend", Niall interupts me.

I nod, taking a drag from my cigarette and blow it out again. I feel a weird feeling build up in my stomach, as I look at Niall just smoking and staring at me.

"I'm sorry", I say, looking down at my feet.

"You don't have to be sorry for anything, Violet. It's all my fault", he mumbles.

I shrug, not wanting to talk about this anymore. My eyes meet Niall's again. He has a questioning look in his eyes. My head is already pounding and the bonfire didn't even start yet. I decide to take an Aspirin just to calm my head. I'm not going to take drugs or drink tonight anyway, so why not take an Aspirin? I quickly finish the cigarette and throw the stub away. I take an Aspirin from my bag and down it with the drink Niall got me. It's just some Coke.

"So, how about we try to look like a couple? Maybe I can handle it like you're just some girl I want to fuck", he asks.

"Well, I guess. Whatever floats your boat...", I mumble, not quite fond of the idea he has in mind.

"Okay, but I don't hold hands with those girls but I guess there is a new thing to explore everyday", Niall smiles, shrugging.

He comes over to me, throwing his cigarette bud away. His hand reaches out, taking mine and intertwining our fingers. My hand is so tiny in his. He leads the way back to the place our friends are at. It's already been an hour since we came here.

"Oh, shit, I forgot to ask you something", Niall suddenly exclaims, stopping us in the middle of the people.

He turns me around to face him. His eyes roam my face.

"Well, my parents are having a garden party for a few colleagues and partners on next Saturday and they asked me to invite you over since you're my girlfriend now. And, they kind of want us to sing together", he smiles, "So, do you want to come?"

"Sure but you have to send me a dress code because I am not a really rich person."

"My parents also want your Mom to come and meet them", he adds.

"Well, isn't that a little early? I mean, if they really want to, she can come with me but I don't know, if she has time then. She probably has a night shift at the hospital", I answer.

Niall nods, continuing our way to our friends. Our hands are still intertwined, as we reach our friends again. I take Niall's hand in my second hand, too, so I feel a little safer.

"So, are we cool, dude?", Jake asks.

"Sure", Niall speaks.

I attempt to sit down, so Niall sits down with me. My body is positioned between Niall and Mere. She left our original places open for us to sit there again. Niall's hand stays in mine this time but I feel Wesley's stare on us, so I look at him and then give Niall a kiss on the cheek. The others are so loud that I can whisper something in his ear at the same time.

"Wesley's looking. Just go on like we are", I whisper so quietly, that I barely hear myself.

Niall turns his head, quickly giving me a peck on the lips. He pushes my hair back behind my ear that is on the side that Wesley can see clearly. I smile at Niall, as he gives me another quick kiss.

"This is getting quite funny", he mumbles really quietly.

I look over at Wes quickly. He looks quite pissed and I actually kind of enjoy seeing him so pissed off. Let's see where the night may bring us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 168 78
"What.....no. Erin, what the hell!?" Harry exclaimed, his expression practically breaking my heart. He looked completely betrayed and I realized that...
18.6K 330 36
Niall is sweet. More than sweet; he's cute, charming, and pretty perfect. At first, maybe a little too perfect. Ali meets him and likes him immediate...
234K 7.9K 52
This is my story to tell and I am going to tell it. This story is about a boy, he was so broken before he met the loves of his live. Louis William To...
822 19 27
Harry and Katie have always been best friends. The only issue is that Katie was in love with him. That is until something seemed to go wrong on her 1...