Metal Detector

By MaxyMickeyMichael

The story of how a bullet in my hip changed my life More

Beginnings
Damned Bullet
Why, God?
Finding a room
The Night Before
Morning of
At The Funeral
Moving House
New Neighbors
Barbecues and Phone Numbers
Jealousy
The Fight
Best Friends are Therapists

Lost

110 3 0
By MaxyMickeyMichael

I've never been to a public airport before. I grew up in a military family, so it's always been cargo hops from place to place. I've never traveled, except for missions when I was still active. I finally get my stuff and leave the security sector, heading over to the duty free shops. I buy the things I need, then try to find my gate, but get hopelessly lost. I can tell because I keep seeing signs for 'employees only'. I sigh and pout slightly. "You're a troublemaker, aren't you?" I hear a familiar, soft, deep voice say. "Hello, Agent Collins." I say, turning to see him smiling down at me. "I'm lost" he chuckles. "Yea. I know" I roll my eyes slightly. "I'm actually off duty for the rest of the day, maybe.. You want someone to come with you? To Arlington" he says, and I tense. "Actually... a friend would be nice. Just to.. You know... be there" I say, and he nods. "I'll be that friend, then" he smiles, and I laugh weakly. "What's your gate number, we can go together" I pull out my ticket. "Umm.. 22" I say. "Ahh, you're actually not far off" he takes my hand in his and I blush slightly. "You took a right too early. It's this one" he says, turning me with him. "This flight doesn't leave for a bit. Let's get some food" I takes me to the small pizza place across from the gate, where I pass a marine in his uniform. I recognize the patch and smile. "I know him. Hey, Michealson!" I shout, and he turns to me. "Stanton!" He says, coming towards me. "I heard about Jameson. I'm sorry, hun" he says, and I nod somberly. "It's alright, we all knew it was going to happen sooner or later.. I just wish it could have been later.." I say, and he pulls me into a hug. Agent Collins pulls a face and looks away. "Hey, you're getting food?" Michealson asks, and I nod. "Yea, we're waiting for the flight." Agent Collins says, and I nod. "What was it you wanted, Agent Collins?" I ask, gesturing to the menu. "Call me Misha. I was just going to get a cheese." He says, and I nod. "I can live with that." I say, and we head in. "Are you sure you want me to call you by your first name?" I ask, and he nods. "If we're friends, we'll use our first names." He says, going to the counter and putting in our order. I watch him silently, tracing his features with my eyes. "You good there?" He asks, and I nod. "Yea" I say, following him to a table. "If I'm calling you Misha, you should call me AJ" I say, and he smiles. "That's unusual, what is it short for?" He asks, and I smile "Anne-Joelle." I say and he nods. "Beautiful name" I look away and hear someone scoff. "Really, AJ?! A TSA agent?!" I look behind Misha and see my ex. "David.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.7K 2.9K 24
Noah always believed her and Lando were forever, but when he ended things with her to further his racing career it left her heartbroken and alone. I...
440K 11K 60
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐫...
135K 6.2K 35
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
1.3M 57K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC